Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Really PG? Another guild battle at the forthcoming weekend? Are you kidding us?

Question Really PG? Another guild battle at the forthcoming weekend? Are you kidding us?

PG is it really so difficult to plan a reasonable event shedule? Is there nobody who is able to look in the calendar at the beginning of the month? Maybe the resources for TPC are so limited by now that you haven't even got a calendar? Or do you just play dice to get the shedule for the month?
    Leader of CannonbllJog
    Game ID: Appelus

Back to back guild battles is just not acceptable. This has been done before and many are upset. We give in and battle and then it continues to happen. With only 2 hours of sleep I am very concerned about a replay of this week next weekend. Need real life with friends and family. Every 3 weeks is best.
    Time for new horizons

One wonders at the motives of back to back battling....
    'I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer' - Dune litany. F.Herbert
    Home is where the heart is. My heart belongs to Roughseas

Scharbokidkid, I agree completely!

We have been asking to shedule the guild battle events every three weeks for months, but PG simply doesn't want to listen to us.
    Leader of CannonbllJog

I agree this is just way too much!
    I remember reading the back to back guild wars were a mistake & it was resolved back in a different post.
    It is starting to look like PG makes the most money on guild wars & this is being done intentionally.

Reasons not to have guild battles back-to-back:

1: I am exhausted.
    2: I have used massive amounts of boosts and have no chance to replenish them.
    3: I want to have a real life. My hubby wants to do things next weekend.
    4: Others in my guild are in the same boat.
    5: My guild leader will be away next weekend. He will not have Wi-Fi.

In my opinion, there are no good reasons to do it again next weekend.
    Others may have a different opinion. Some my want to have guild battles again next weekend. I say, "No, thanks."
    "You remind me of a poem I can't remember, a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." Abe Simpson

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Quote Originally Posted by 38supercomp View Post
    Reasons not to have guild battles back-to-back:

1: I am exhausted.
    2: I have used massive amounts of boosts and have no chance to replenish them.
    3: I want to have a real life. My hubby wants to do things next weekend.
    4: Others in my guild are in the same boat.
    5: My guild leader will be away next weekend. He will not have Wi-Fi.

In my opinion, there are no good reasons to do it again next weekend.
    Others may have a different opinion. Some my want to have guild battles again next weekend. I say, "No, thanks."
    Also there are more important things in life than this game, it is getting out of hand with the constant four days of guild battles.
    Enough is enough, too many weekends of guild wars is driving me away from this game & taking the enjoyment out of it, Paradise Cove is now a chore.

I think a point versus will be more appropriate after a time consuming guild battle. Please PG, change it!
    Guilds: FireCats
    Player name: GGContraPG

Don't blame me....it's google translate's fault!

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    I am checking up on this.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Guild point Versus was a great event, so sad that PG only did 4 f this.
    Sometimes Member, sometimes officer, leader or member at Dolphins_U35 guild, or wandering between guilds

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    Thanks for checking on it DA!! Much appreciated!!

If our feedback is worth 2 cents to PG... Can I add mine??

Back to back guild battles is too much on a consistent basis. A one time occurrence is understandable ... Hard to swallow.. But understandable if it's needed to get the schedule back on track where it is at the MOST frequent... Only on a bimonthly basis. Any more than that is ludicrous and will most definitely lead to lots of burn out!!
    No I do not wear tights.... I wear the required uniform!!!! If I can't find the uniform... I let my freak flag fly. Why? Because I can!!

I love back to back VS!!

It is the PG way of telling every player, start living your lives and don't make your life revolve around the game!! Once everyone gets to that detached enlightened status, who gives a **** whether it is guild battle or individual battle or points event?

Quote Originally Posted by abodrocc View Post
    Guild point Versus was a great event, so sad that PG only did 4 f this.
    May be this was not a revenue generator. So PG conveniently duck under the bug!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sternenglitzerfee View Post
    PG do you just play dice to get the schedule for the month?
    Name:  New Picture (1).jpg
Views: 381
Size:  19.7 KB
    Last edited by Pinkpanther; 05-15-17 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkpanther View Post
    I love back to back VS!!

It is the PG way of telling every player, start living your lives and don't make your life revolve around the game!! Once everyone gets to that detached enlightened status, who gives a **** whether it is guild battle or individual battle or points event?
    Ooh, I'd like to take a guess at the "****" word.

Umm, is it - FOOF?

Wait a minute . . . does it rhyme with "Cluck?"

Gotta go, just let a little pee out, sorry!
    Paradise Cove - Leader of the Darkwings (PM me about joining our guild)

Remembering Nayjon (1970-2017), guildmate and lover of TPC. I'll miss you, brother!

Secret Passages - Billionaire Bandits

The Billionaire Bandit club finished 78 strong and I'm proud of all who made this so much fun. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

Quote Originally Posted by Sternenglitzerfee View Post
    PG is it really so difficult to plan a reasonable event shedule? Is there nobody who is able to look in the calendar at the beginning of the month? Maybe the resources for TPC are so limited by now that you haven't even got a calendar? Or do you just play dice to get the shedule for the month?
    Ha, ha, ROFL LMAO! Fee blows up the forum! 25 warrior points for you my friend!

I love it, can you just see it . . .

PG skeleton crew throw a pair of dice, ooh, this week's event . . . Guild Battle. Next roll, this week's event . . . Guild Battle. Next roll, Guild Battle.

SPECIAL TORTURE!

Thank God for Fee! PG has put down my voodoo doll and is now sticking needles in Fee's.

Remembering Nayjon (1970-2017), guildmate and lover of TPC. I'll miss you, brother!

The Billionaire Bandit club finished 78 strong and I'm proud of all who made this so much fun. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

Thanks DA. Much appreciated.

This is not good

This event should change. One guild event makes everyone exhausted and players need time to regain energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Paricalu View Post
    I think a point versus will be more appropriate after a time consuming guild battle. Please PG, change it!

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    I am sorry to say but its been confirmed this weekends event is a guild event.

The current plan is as follows....

First week: Individual Batlle
    Second and third week: guild battle
    Fourth week: points event and fleet quest

I have stressed that back to back battles is too much and it would be better to break up the guild events. Even if that is with the individual battle. May not be the solution you all want but personally any compromise is better than nothing. I have been told they will look at the schedule again but no promises.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Thanks DA.

You should know by now that I like to push the envelope sometime. Now the above is a schedule for 4 weeks (and I am not saying anything about how good or how bad it is), what happens in the month that we will have 5 weekends? First one up is in July. Or June, depending on how you look at it.
    Last edited by BlueBlou; 05-16-17 at 05:46 AM.

Name:  IMG_7061[1].jpg
Views: 342
Size:  10.9 KB

Actual license plate spotted in Dover, Arkansas by this sharp-eyed tapper. And yes, I may have posted this somewhere before, but after the comment at post #13, it seems appropriate to post it again!
    "You remind me of a poem I can't remember, a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." Abe Simpson

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlou View Post
    Thanks DA.

You should know by now that I like to push the envelope sometime. Now the above is a schedule for 4 weeks (and I am not saying anything about how good or how bad it is), what happens in the month that we will have 5 weekends? First one up is in July. Or June, depending on how you look at it.
    That's obvious Blue. 5 week months will have 3 guild battles in a row
    Player Name mrb386
    Proud member of the Cannonbll clan

I'm throwing my two cents in again.. I don't mind battling again this weekend. Looking forward to it actually...

But the plan going forward... And I assume most people who play this game would agree... Should be to break up the guild events with an individual event in between guild battle weekends?? That's pretty simple I would hope. But what do I know? I only play the game
    No I do not wear tights.... I wear the required uniform!!!! If I can't find the uniform... I let my freak flag fly. Why? Because I can!!

Quote Originally Posted by 38supercomp View Post
    Name:  IMG_7061[1].jpg
Views: 342
Size:  10.9 KB

Actual license plate spotted in Dover, Arkansas by this sharp-eyed tapper. And yes, I may have posted this somewhere before, but after the comment at post #13, it seems appropriate to post it again!
    I was gonna reply to this post, but I can't hold it in any longer . . .

BTW, where did you see my Ford at? LOL

I am sorry to say but its been confirmed this weekends event is a guild event.

The current plan is as follows....

First week: Individual Batlle
    Second and third week: guild battle
    Fourth week: points event and fleet quest

I have stressed that back to back battles is too much and it would be better to break up the guild events. Even if that is with the individual battle. May not be the solution you all want but personally any compromise is better than nothing. I have been told they will look at the schedule again but no promises.
    DA (and Skeleton Crew):

The rotation should be as follows (IMHO):

1st Weekend of the Month: Points Event and Shovel Quest
    Reason: Nobody wants to (or should have to) spend/waste rubies on a Guild Battle when the Ruby Decos come out during this week. A Points Event avoids (for the most part) spending rubies, plus the Shovel Quest gives players a chance to add rubies to buy Ruby Decos. The Ruby Decos should be offered immediately following a shovel quest!

2nd Weekend of the Month: Guild Battle
    Reason: At least in the United States, most major holidays are either the first weekend of the month (New Year's Day, Labor Day and July 4th/Independence Day) or the third weekend of the month (MLK Day, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas). That way players are maximized during the 2nd and 4th weeks and not stressed over having to make a decision to play or not. This also puts less stress on the PG Skeleton Crew as most errors and screw-ups occur during Guild Battles over holidays.

3rd Week of the Month: Individual Battle and Fleet Quest
    Reason: Easy, players can play or not play and don't have to feel they're letting down, possibly, 24 other teammates. If it's a holiday weekend (see Reason #2), we can play at our leisure.

4th Weekend of the Month: Guild Battle
    Reason
    : See Reasons #1, #2 and #3.

5th (if necessary) Weekend of the Month: "The Blue Plate Special" (Let Blue decide which event we want.)
    Reason: This won't occur that often and I don't think there's another player who's more devoted to TPC than Blue Blou. So, she knows best (or better than me).

I don't have any pride of authorship. If anybody sees an error or oversight or has a better reason, please feel free to add it or amend this.
    Last edited by igotahavit; 05-16-17 at 11:25 AM.

I second the suggestion @ post #22!

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Thank you for your efforts, Darkangel!
    Leader of CannonbllJog

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast