Thread: PG Gets $90M Investment

PG Gets $90M Investment

Hey seekers! Long time no see(k)!

This interesting tidbit just came up in my Tech news feed, and I had to pop in to share. Interesting to note there's no mention of SP at all. It's like the game never existed.

I hope everyone is well.

Tencent doubles down on game studio Pocket Gems with $90M investment
    Secret Passages
    Device: iPad2 w/ iOS 7.1.1
    SP v2.24-363,0 Prod Level 117 / Support ID: AYLR7TJHZZ (Game is Broken)

Hidden Agendas
    Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 w/ KitKat 4.4.2
    SP v2.12.8+g-362.0 Prod Level 30 / Support ID: 47VX7MHGU7 (Game is Minimally Developed)

Thanks for sharing. Very interesting. And of course SP isn't there. It's the only PG game I had any interest in. But maybe it only attained the attention of those that seachered for games that required long term satisfaction.

The money will be used for expanding Episode and Wardragons according to PG.

Hi Elle. Long time no talk but it is good to see your info again.
    I read the feed as Tencent is very much pulling all the strings at SP and if they say jump then Ben Liu says 'how high?' It is amazing that the they are still increasing the workforce yet all the old games are on shutdown notice. I played Dragons for a short while and didnt find much to like and read Episodes with the same conclusions but them I dont fit the demograph for either. I imagine this is young, free (without ties) but with plenty of disposable income or in other words a 'cash cow' waiting to be milked.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Sounds like golden handshakes and corporate politics to me...

(Happy Birthday SE!)

I read the article. It is an interesting read but really sounds like they care more about getting into China then anything else. It will be interesting to see what the new game is. But overall I am guessing it won't be anything I am interested in.

Good to see you Elle!
    Level 117 just in time.

Quote Originally Posted by ElleJ View Post
    It's like the game never existed.
    Hi Elle...

Kinda like the "superstars" who want to forget those early commercials that helped get their foot in the door...lol.
    "But, time will tell, of stars that fell
    A million years ago.
    Memories can never take you back, home, sweet home.
    You can never go home anymore."

That's funny, when I wrote about the Tencent investment in PG on the forum, like a year and a half ago. I don't remember anybody caring or getting the connection that the handwriting was on the wall for games like SP. I thought Tencent gave them that investment back in 2016 or 2015.

In fact, I think I wrote about how PG was going to use the money/investment to go in a different gaming direction - Asian markets and more of the "Episode" type games.

Funny, I followed that up recently with how FEW articles there are regarding PG in the last 18 months on the internet AS WELL AS any chit-chat from Ben Liu, who used to be interviewed all the time back in 2013-2014.

I guess nobody cares. Seems PG is fading into oblivion. Positive or negative publicity, is still publicity. When you become an afterthought, that's a problem.
    Paradise Cove - Leader of the Darkwings (PM me about joining our guild)

Remembering Nayjon (1970-2017), guildmate and lover of TPC. I'll miss you, brother!

Secret Passages - Billionaire Bandits

The Billionaire Bandit club finished 78 strong and I'm proud of all who made this so much fun. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish eyes View Post
    I played Dragons for a short while and didnt find much to like and read Episodes with the same conclusions but them I dont fit the demograph for either.
    I've not tried these games. Not within the Episode demographic either, SE...that ship sailed long ago. I didn't do the Episode crossover quest when it came up in Secret Passages...or was that the Runway Life crossover? Curiosity got the best of me though, so I visited the Episode forum a while back...some interesting reading at times. Those people know how to do a proper Rant...some of the rants spewed forth here pale in comparison. I still did not have a good sense of what the game was about even after reading the forum, so I headed to YouTube to look at a clip or two. I found one by iHasCupquake which was about 20 minutes long...embarrassed to say that I watched it all the way through.

I know what the game is about now, but I still don't get it...
    Last edited by salmo23; 05-12-17 at 06:32 PM.
    A million years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Dane2016 View Post
    The money will be used for expanding Episode and Wardragons according to PG.
    Hi,Dane...Welcome to the forum!
    A million years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by igotahavit View Post
    That's funny, when I wrote about the Tencent investment in PG on the forum, like a year and a half ago. I don't remember anybody caring or getting the connection that the handwriting was on the wall for games like SP. I thought Tencent gave them that investment back in 2016 or 2015.

In fact, I think I wrote about how PG was going to use the money/investment to go in a different gaming direction - Asian markets and more of the "Episode" type games.

Funny, I followed that up recently with how FEW articles there are regarding PG in the last 18 months on the internet AS WELL AS any chit-chat from Ben Liu, who used to be interviewed all the time back in 2013-2014.

I guess nobody cares. Seems PG is fading into oblivion. Positive or negative publicity, is still publicity. When you become an afterthought, that's a problem.
    I normally ignore even the most outrageous of your posts but this time I just have to add my two penniworth.
    Your first sentence about when you wrote about Tencent might be correct but it gives the impression that you were the first. You were not. I wrote about the investment just about as it was announced. If you dont remember anyone caring then you obviously missed (or were not yet posting) when I and quite a few others, were writing posts expressing our concern. The only difference as far as I can see is that ours were with resignation and your were with anger. We are not shareholders and we cannot now and never could influence policy at PG HQ.
    I could wish it was different but life is full of disappointments. Energy is best used when there is a chance of change or when a battle might be won. Why not just take pleasure in the many happy years SP has given you?

Sal. Could you put your magic digits to work and find the post/s I am thinking about. I tried but as usual 'search' defeats me.
    Last edited by Spanish eyes; 05-14-17 at 02:11 AM.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Sal. Could you put your magic digits to work and find the post/s I am thinking about. I tried but as usual 'search' defeats me.
    SE...your mailbox is full...
    A million years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by salmo23 View Post
    SE...your mailbox is full...
    sorted.
    SMELL THE ROSES.

sorted.
    Full again...
    A million years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by salmo23 View Post
    Full again...
    I have been trying for days to clear but a big problem with our internet connection then a migraine for the last two days have held me up. Now it is so empty we can hold a party in there.
    SMELL THE ROSES.