Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your favourite Secret Passages memory

Your favourite Secret Passages memory

Hi guys! As I mentioned in another post I have been away for a while and returned to find the worst has happened, the game has ended and most of the gang has left the building. I have been reading a lot of the posts now and feel a bit like I have missed the last train and am here all alone. When I was a regular here on the forum I liked to think of myself as someone who was quite lighthearted and enjoyed making people smile so I thought that for one last time and for all those of you that still pop in from time to time, I would start a thread to make you smile. So think hard, think back over your time with SP however long or short and share with me your favourite memory of SP. Was it a funny post, or the introduction of a particular scene? Let me know and we will, together, remember the good times we all enjoyed!

I had a lot of fun being part of this forum and I miss you guys! So thanks for all your help, the laughs and all the good times. As you may remember I am a trucker so see you out on the roads of life maybe!!

Memories please!!

Intrepid Explorer
    The first time I became a BB. Oh the hours it took to do this and then I wondered why. Why oh why did I do it. I could not come up with a good answer however it raised another question. Why did I end up doing it so many times.

All those hours, the constant checking on the score board, setting the alarm (due to time zone differences) for the last couple of hours in case I needed to play some more.

Gotta you have to share some of the blame. If you had not given some excellent advice on game play and been such a staunch supporter I probably would have quit soon after starting.

I miss that adrenalin surge after a weekend event.

I tried to conjure up a favorite memory of the game, any memory, but nothing surfaced. It's as if the whole shebang has disappeared and the Secret Passages slate in my mind has been wiped clean.

But the memories I have of all of you are too numerous to count. It's an amazing thing to be able communicate with people all around the world via the forum connected to this game. It's been a pleasure to be a part of it all.
    "But, time will tell, of stars that fell
    A million years ago.
    Memories can never take you back, home, sweet home.
    You can never go home anymore."

There are many empires of the game. Like when you get to those dig sites finally opened or when you get those sites to five stars and when you don't get any AT's that are fun. Finally getting the BB status.
    But like Salmo said the best part has been getting to know lots of people. Listening to people encourage each other, annoy each other and mostly laughing together. I have gotten to know people from different places that I would never have the chance to meet in real life. Thinking of all the goofiness that has gone on here on this forum brings a smile to my face. And probably one of my highlights was meeting Rosemary in person. So much fun here far outweighs the fun in the game. This has probably kept me playing the game longer then I would have otherwise.
    Level 117 just in time.

I agree that this forum is the best for meeting people you wouldn't normally! I love playing secrets but I think this forum does eclipse the game somewhat! I never managed the famous BB status but I have a lot of respect for those of you who did!

Intrepid Explorer
    Hi again Wheelie. I'm amazed your forum girlfriend, SE, has not welcomed you back again yet.

As for the game itself I liked completing ALL the realms because that to me was the purpose of the game and is why I am still sticking around playing it now. It was hectic the first few months trying to catch up with the content because I started the game after it had been around for over a year and I spent real money on it then which was the purpose of the game for PG.

As for the forum, my favorite part has always been when it got off track from the game playing strategy and eventolympics and funny stuff was shared.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber gamer View Post
    Hi again Wheelie. I'm amazed your forum girlfriend, SE, has not welcomed you back again yet.
    Playing hard to get...

She's probably out on a "del dia" ...
    Last edited by salmo23; 05-04-17 at 10:20 AM.
    "But, time will tell, of stars that fell
    A million years ago.
    Memories can never take you back, home, sweet home.
    You can never go home anymore."

Thank you Cossie! I agree - meeting Cossie and later Fyrmnkee are favorite memories. Missing opportunities to meet a couple others were major disappointments. I enjoyed the game but loved the forum - guess that's why I still occasionally read the forum, but only start up the game once a week to check and see if the last dune site was really the last one (apparently it's not yet.) I loved the forum cheering on the weekends I did NOT try to win the events ;-) Game memories - getting to a third of a billion in the first BB event, nudged by Tassie; following the ruby hunting advice on forum and finally getting AT-free; golly - that's all the game stuff I remember.
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done
    Oh no! Was that last dune site?

Longtime Tapper
    The days when PG cared and were cool enough to make Snarklady and Dr Tammy part of the game

[QUOTE=Cyber gamer;630051]Hi again Wheelie. I'm amazed your forum girlfriend, SE, has not welcomed you back again yet.

The best things come to those who wait... I have missed my SE most of all...

[QUOTE=Wheels555;630070]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber gamer View Post

The best things come to those who wait... I have missed my SE most of all...
    here I am Cha Cha. I have cut down my postings but I am still about.

What a lovely surprise to find you are still with us. Are you fully healed now? (I worried). Do you still aim that big thing of yours up and down the highways of the UK?

My philosophy of smell the roses has paid off for my game as I still have a way to go.

I have two favourite memories from SP:-
    The first has to be my re-start. The thrill, the grin on my face that stuck there for weeks on end.
    The second is sort of a crossover SP to Forum, when I was given my first RubyTree and harvested it.

As others have said Forum has played a big part in my constant enjoyment.
    Last edited by Spanish eyes; 05-05-17 at 02:12 PM.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Intrepid Explorer
    My favourite memory of SP surprisingly has nothing to do with bandit runs. It goes back to the early days of weekend events. At that time I was a regular top 100 player but had never dared to challenge the big boys who had been here forever for a top five finish. Yes I did say top five because in those days the top five players all got the same reward. Anyway, it was the last weekend in June and SP threw a weekend digger at us, not a dig and crypt combo or a dig, crypt and gamble combo, just a good old fashioned digging only weekend event. I found myself in the same group as topmom and three non forumers who were regular strong players and having been stockpiling shovels I decided to go for it. In the U.K., weekend events started Friday morning around 8am and finish Monday morning around 8am.

On Friday I fought my way up to second before going to bed and on Saturday morning woke up 7th. I fought my way back to second during the day and woke up on Sunday morning in 5th. Now I should say that Sunday happened to be my birthday, so I cheekily pushed my way up to first place in the group and then posted that by the rules of SP, no one was allowed to overtake me on my birthday A few minutes later topmom posted words to the effect of: sorry Miken32, but this is my first attempt at a top 5 finish as well and I will do whatever is necessary to beat the non forumers. Anyway, I went to bed after midnight on Sunday still in first place. When I woke up on Monday morning, I was in 5th and there I stayed achieving my first top five finish. What makes this memorable is that USA based topmom, who finished second, did wait until it was no longer my birthday in the UK before overtaking me. Once the event was over she also posted some personal information about herself which is still on the forum for anyone to find and which made her second place finish all the more notable. It was also the first time that the during and post event discussion on the forum made me feel like a real part of the SP family.

Topmom you are a kind, gracious and talented player and I am very pleased you are still on the forum.
    Last edited by MikeN32; 05-05-17 at 03:04 PM.

Intrepid Explorer
    I am going to take the liberty of posting a second and third favourite memory as well.

My second favourite is my first double bandit run. It was a real struggle from the start, but I did achieve it late on Sunday evening. In the process I lapped all but one of the players in the group. That one was determined not to be lapped and every time my score increased so did theirs. At the time I did not know who they were, just that they were relatively new and obviously a very strong player. I made a mental note to watch out for them in future events as they were obviously going to be trouble The final screenshot is below, enough said.

Name:  IMG_0190.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  130.9 KB

My third favourite is much simpler, having established the perfect 81 club and watched others manage it, I finally earned my own membership shortly before the end of events.

Name:  IMG_0967.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  127.3 KB

Aw Mike, thanks. I think my favorite was when I made it to a top 5 spot also. Took that one shot at it and that was enough! Never could try for that BB! LOL

My favorite part of SP was the Forrest Gump Domino Effect.

I spent the better part of a year (June, 2013 to July, 2014) just reading the forum because it wouldn't allow me to post and no one at PG responded to the ticket I had sent in to investigate it. I'd read players'/posters' comments like Dark Angel, Kate, Evil Mummy, Grave Digger, Widget, Jimbo, Vinoball, etc. and would smile and laugh at how they were going through the same pains and curveballs that the game threw at us.

Then came the smartest move PG made in the game - the start of the World Events in January 2014. I remember finishing #1 in the very first event (Digging 1/17/14 through 1/20/14) and then finishing #1 in a bunch of others early on, but it wasn't the winning so much as it was fun reading the comments on the forum from players talking about the winners and who they were because of the PG code names used. Specifically, it was Grave Digger's comments about me (Alise846874253) asking me to reveal myself to the forum.

So, I did and met competitors like myself who not only had a passion for the game, but for the World Events as well. That led into discussions and interactions with Jimbo, Widget and Grave Digger as to whether it was possible to score 1 Billion points in the Scoring World Events. GD was the first to break 500K, only because I pushed him so hard in 2nd place he felt he had to put up a huge number to finish 1st. He did, because I let him, ha, ha, Brother! That opened eyes to the possibility of 1 Billion. The math(s) was calculated, the probabilities were set and the challenge was put forth.

Then came that glorious Mothers' Day weekend when Widget and I were in the same group. We made a pact to climb the mountain together. I remember being up at 4 am EST with my head bobbling and my eyes shutting and stopping 10M short of 1 Billion waiting for my brother to catch up. Little did we know there was a thing called "server lag" that distorted actual scores. Nevertheless, while I waited, Brother Widget crossed the threshold first and I followed within minutes. We basked in the glory of surpassing 1 Billion like it was momentous human achievement, when in reality it was a couple of knuckleheads doing what knuckleheads do best. And just when we thought about the statues PG would erect in our honor, the smart and beautiful Dr. Tammy passed 1 Billion the next day in just over 24 hours total time. What we could do, she did better. Dr. Tammy ends the "Battle of the Genders" argument as far as I'm concerned. And so it came to pass that 1 Billion was possible. That should have been the end. That should have been where we all said "enough is enough" because we proved we could do it. But what mighty contests arise from such trivial things.

Next thing you know, the Billionaire Bandits were born. Logos were made. Challenges issued. 78 players later, legends were born (you know who you are and I love you all). 1 Billion, then 2 Billion, then 3 Billion, then 4 Billion. Domino after domino, brothers and sisters week-in and week-out making runs, cheering others on, being a family, a clan. Were they black? Were they white? Were they Catholics, Muslims, Jews? Were they Democrats or Republicans? Were they Americans or Foreign? It didn't matter. Each time the Billionaire Bandit event was played, for that brief run of 3 days each time, color, race, creed, etc., took a backseat and we were all brothers and sisters united by one cause. As trivial as the event might seem, and it was, that was the beauty of it. The records don't matter, the scores don't matter, the attempts don't matter. The only thing that mattered was the love and comradery that we had for each other in the moment. It was fleeting, but if you read a little and look back a little, you can still feel the warmth of it all.

The Domino Effect can produced strange results, good and bad. And sometimes, just sometimes, it's effects can be pleasantly surprising.

EDIT - Ooh, forgot to mention the Gotta Girls. They were another favorite part of SP. You know who you are and I love you all!
    Paradise Cove - Leader of the Darkwings (PM me about joining our guild)

Remembering Nayjon (1970-2017), guildmate and lover of TPC. I'll miss you, brother!

Secret Passages - Billionaire Bandits

The Billionaire Bandit club finished 78 strong and I'm proud of all who made this so much fun. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

Well done, Gotta.
    iPad Air 2
    Gamecenter ID: wildflourgirl

Longtime Tapper
    Another fun memory!

Name:  IMG_2286.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  85.1 KB

Intrepid Explorer
    Well said Gotta. The forum was like a family made up of all types from all over the world and it made you realize how small the world could be with the ability to communicate in such an easy manner. Just imagine if we had to write letters?

[QUOTE=Spanish eyes;630112][QUOTE=Wheels555;630070]

here I am Cha Cha. I have cut down my postings but I am still about.

What a lovely surprise to find you are still with us. Are you fully healed now? (I worried). Do you still aim that big thing of yours up and down the highways of the UK?

Hi SE! Yes fully healed now but wiser for it too. Still trucking yes, but only part time now. Being a workaholic isn't good for anyone as I found out the hard way (!)

Loving being back and now frantically trying to "collect" all remaining scenes before the powers that be pull the plug...

I have to say the best part of SP are all of you. I didn't know about the forum until that fateful crash and I didn't know what to do until I searched and found the forum. I've totally enjoyed reading the banter, the pictures and the help. You are special people. Keep up the good cheer.

My favorite memories of SP aren't of SP, but of the people on SP forum. I met Rosemary. Wonderful memory. Some sharing their life. And things I hear everyday that I can relate to, day to day. Recently, my local news highlighted a group of women that make children's quilts for first responders to give to little ones. Ah, Dr. Tammy. Books I'm reading that connect to others. Knowing how some would react with lengthy posts. And smiling because of those.

ETA: Of the game itself, beautiful graphics and scenes. Very imaginative.
    Last edited by Fyrmnkee; 05-12-17 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pippy View Post
    The days when PG cared and were cool enough to make Snarklady and Dr Tammy part of the game
    I second this one. I just revisited the Fate Weavers sites and they're gorgeously and personally detailed. And I love my avatar, although it was pure dumb luck that won it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarklady View Post
    I second this one. I just revisited the Fate Weavers sites and they're gorgeously and personally detailed. And I love my avatar, although it was pure dumb luck that won it for me.
    Yeah, if PG still cared, I would still be playing. Even though I never spent real cash, I still watched videos daily after the 500 quest to support them.

When it didn't take three minutes to start up.

I had a few favorites. The first was FINDING the forum. I had no idea what I was doing in the game, in fact, it was on my lowly iPhone 5 for two months before I gave it a second chance and figured out that it wasn't like other adventure games - moving the character to something wasn't important at all. So I found this forum and was able to read the threads and have some idea of what I was doing. And I started learning about you folks and that people around the world played the game.

But the best memory was becoming the first (and ONLY) person to score a billion and finish 8th.
    Last edited by dgk02; 06-17-17 at 08:10 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast