Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: News and Updates Regarding Tap Paradise Cove

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    Let's not start the paranoia train.

Yes there are new games on the horizon.

Yes some of the games are slowing down.

I welcome any chocolate, even pixel chocolate!
    Name:  IMG_1120.jpg
Views: 1032
Size:  97.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_1117.JPG
Views: 1023
Size:  78.0 KB
    Leader of Thedarkraiders

"I know that this is not goodbye"- U2

Quote Originally Posted by GolfandBingo View Post
    Guess i will keep my colorful comments to myself.....
    I have watched "The People vs Larry Flynt"

To misquote a line from Jaws:

"We're going to need a bigger cake!"

Name:  IMG_6051[1].jpg
Views: 964
Size:  18.5 KB

And one of my most-hated movies, about some guy named Gump, has a line about life being like a box of chocolates.

Name:  IMG_6052[1].jpg
Views: 967
Size:  16.2 KB

In the spirit of "slowing down yet adding new content" I will continue to do my part by suggesting ideas for ships and story lines. In the vain hope that I will get to see one or more of my suggestions added to the game before we lose the game.

And to (Maybe) misquote another line: "full speed ahead and damn the torpedoes!"
    "I survived because I was tougher than anybody else."

Bette Davis

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Yes, Vaders_Fist_2 because we lowered the recruitment level.

Wouldn't bother me if they started reoffering oldies but goodies. I missed so many ships the first time around! Think about all the build-a-ships you didn't build, how many ruby ships you didn't have enough rubies the time they were offered. Hundreds of ships I passed up the first time.
    You don't have to be great to start. You have to start to be great.

Quote Originally Posted by igotahavit View Post
    In honor of the "slow content" message and the day chosen, PG has informed me that a new ruby deco will be made available for sale tomorrow

Oh, and before Pink or Golf ask me if it's Jesus (Geez-us) or Jesus (Hey-zeus), well, that just depends on your belief structure.

Dee, SC and Blue - yes, PG will make the Plastic Jesus available in different colors, just for the lovely ladies of the forum. (Maybe one in chocolate for Dark Angel.)
    Well, good to know they are leaving the colors up to the ladies... We all know how most men are with color schemes!!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 923
Size:  9.2 KB
Views: 922
Size:  8.9 KB
Views: 931
Size:  11.5 KB
    No I do not wear tights.... I wear the required uniform!!!! If I can't find the uniform... I let my freak flag fly. Why? Because I can!!

P.S. I know where DelawareGhost works now!!! He's been doing his job well too!!

Views: 900
Size:  15.3 KB
    No I do not wear tights.... I wear the required uniform!!!! If I can't find the uniform... I let my freak flag fly. Why? Because I can!!

Longtime Tapper
    IOW were screwed. I've tried some of the other games and imo they pretty much sick. No way no how would my teens play some of the story games pg created for that target demo. Honestly those just add to the negative behavior we are seeing in society. I don't understand why they won't invest in migrating this game to larger server. You'd likely see increase in player activity if you'd do that.

Happy Easter

Quote Originally Posted by tutmom7 View Post
    IOW were screwed. I've tried some of the other games and imo they pretty much sick. No way no how would my teens play some of the story games pg created for that target demo. Honestly those just add to the negative behavior we are seeing in society. I don't understand why they won't invest in migrating this game to larger server. You'd likely see increase in player activity if you'd do that.

Happy Easter
    +1000

Jesse,

Not sure if we ever received a definitive answer on mid week guild fleet quests......Will we ever have them again? They seemed to have been real slow.����
    Tight is tight and too tight is broken.

Officer of Warrior Family

TPC will still be around for a while with content still coming out it just won't be as quick. As for the moving, this probably won't come until later but we do want to be able to help out our players if there are any other titles everyone might be interested in once that time comes around.

I'll have to double-check on Monday on the scheduling consistency of fleet quest, but if I recall correctly they should still be around at some capacity (don't quote me yet, unconfirmed).

Quote Originally Posted by mountainmugs View Post
    Jesse,

Not sure if we ever received a definitive answer on mid week guild fleet quests......Will we ever have them again? They seemed to have been real slow.����
    PgWilson stated in this thread - https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...830#post620830 that the midweek fleet quests would never happen again (see post #22)
    Player Name mrb386
    Proud member of the Cannonbll clan

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
    Events will likely remain the same as we've been running them the past couple of months (without the mixup that recently happened of course). We're still going to generate content for TPC but it'll be a bit more predictable as far as the LTQ types.
    Is there any way to be more specific with scheduling? My main concern is guild wars, they are way too often & way too demanding of our time and efforts for the same boring, predictable prizes.
    I would like to know is if the parts of the game that are fun & less demanding are going to be " slowed down" while guild wars are going to be constant , sorry but I do not consider guild wars enjoyable content.

I think for the most part we'll likely have the same consistency when it comes to events, with the exception of course to the recent mixup where we stacked too many of them together. Generally the place you'll see the slow down affect the most will likely be in the amount of variance in the quests along with overall length of them. It's definitely a fair argument to be had though that too much of anything can get tiresome, so I'll be sure to speak with the team in regards to that for future planning. I can't guarantee any change but I'll be sure to bring it up in our conversations when it comes to road mapping the content.

Will you be releasing the rest of the land?

Although unrelated to this thread and new to the forum, what is the best method / thread for a recruitment drive for my team please?

Only good thing about the game slowing down and possibly ending is that all the top players in fs ily guilds are screwed. All this time spending all their money and cheating is all for nothing. Bahahaha ha

Quote Originally Posted by buck2332 View Post
    Only good thing about the game slowing down and possibly ending is that all the top players in fs ily guilds are screwed. All this time spending all their money and cheating is all for nothing. Bahahaha ha
    I see you have repeated yourself, so I will too.

"What a shame, you think this way. Yes those people in top guilds put a lot of time and effort, some even put in real money, but to think that that equates to cheating, is a very narrow-minded view. I'm sure some people have cheated, and cheating is all for nothing. But most people will be sorry to see the end of this game, because it has became a big part of our lives and we haven't cheated to enjoy it."
    There is no fairness or consistency in TPC; so just because you have it in your cove, it may not be the case for everyone. And just because everyone else has it, doesn't mean you will. Except crashing, everybody has crashing!

Quote Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
    Although unrelated to this thread and new to the forum, what is the best method / thread for a recruitment drive for my team please?
    Best method is to start your own thread in the guild's and social features sub forum or in this thread.

https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...e-Post-on-here
    There is no fairness or consistency in TPC; so just because you have it in your cove, it may not be the case for everyone. And just because everyone else has it, doesn't mean you will. Except crashing, everybody has crashing!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynder View Post
    Probably not. It makes the game unstable and there is little to no support for massive amounts of games crashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy Solt View Post
    Wouldn't bother me if they started reoffering oldies but goodies. I missed so many ships the first time around! Think about all the build-a-ships you didn't build, how many ruby ships you didn't have enough rubies the time they were offered. Hundreds of ships I passed up the first time.
    +1000

Quote Originally Posted by TerriBeth59 View Post
    +1000
    Thanks crazy tapper

Quote Originally Posted by Lynder View Post
    As Crazy Tapper said, that is very unlikely. Unfortunately, when we attempted to lift the fog on more in the past, it caused the game to become completely unstable for players. It just cannot support more land in the main cove due to technical limitations.
    Last edited by geekverde; 04-22-17 at 12:31 PM.
    Arlene (yes, the one from support )

Hello Arlene,
    So can you open up another cove?
    Or provide a lot more storage...many of us are almost (or already) out of space and do not want to pay to skip.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Cove may not be possible but storage is a possibility, will ask.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

I think adding more storage may be doable. It's something we've done in the past and I don't believe it to be too difficult to do (is what I say now at least). I'll talk with the team to see what this may require and we'll look into what needs to be done with it. Until then, I would take what I said with a grain or two of salt.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast