Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: News and Updates Regarding Tap Paradise Cove

News and Updates Regarding Tap Paradise Cove

Hey everyone,

I知 here today to announce that we are going to begin slowing things down on Tap Paradise Cove. What this means is that you will likely see a decrease in the amount of content that comes out each week. By no means does that mean that all content is ending. We are still dedicated to generating content for that you can enjoy. This does mean though that some old existing issues may take a bit longer to resolve than previously. That being said though, we are still committed to doing our best to continue to make Tap Paradise Cove a new and enjoyable experience for you all still.

The reason for the change is that we are a small company with limited people and resources. We have other really exciting games we are working on and we are in the process of moving people from Tap Paradise Cove over to some of these new titles.

We want to try to make this as gradual of transition as we can and feel that an important part of that is letting you, our dedicated player-base, know what to expect. We don稚 have any plans to shutter Tap Paradise Cove in the foreseeable future, but if we are going to make any changes we plan to give everyone a heads up around 3 months ahead of time.

Thanks again to you all for your amazing support! I値l try to be around to answer any questions you may have.

So what kind of decrease content are we expecting?

Unhappy

Thanks for the update Jesse,

1. When will we know what the new games are?
    2. Are any of them anything like Tap Paradise Cove?
    3. Do any have guilds?

I am sure going to miss TPC this is the longest I've ever played any online game.
    I will miss my friends here the most
    Padisha

Why it says January? Or is it August?

Name:  IMG_1168.jpg
Views: 2775
Size:  20.9 KB

January has gone so I'm guessing it's august ��

First of August I suppose.

A bit more clarity on what does it mean by "slow"? Less weekly ships? Less weekly guild events? or just only customer supports?
    Member of Catphins Alliance

It is August. US date format as the month and then the day, instead of the day and then the month.
    Arlene (yes, the one from support )

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
    Hey everyone,

I知 here today to announce that we are going to begin slowing things down on Tap Paradise Cove. What this means is that you will likely see a decrease in the amount of content that comes out each week. By no means does that mean that all content is ending. We are still dedicated to generating content for that you can enjoy. This does mean though that some old existing issues may take a bit longer to resolve than previously. That being said though, we are still committed to doing our best to continue to make Tap Paradise Cove a new and enjoyable experience for you all still.

The reason for the change is that we are a small company with limited people and resources. We have other really exciting games we are working on and we are in the process of moving people from Tap Paradise Cove over to some of these new titles.

We want to try to make this as gradual of transition as we can and feel that an important part of that is letting you, our dedicated player-base, know what to expect. We don稚 have any plans to shutter Tap Paradise Cove in the foreseeable future, but if we are going to make any changes we plan to give everyone a heads up around 3 months ahead of time.

Thanks again to you all for your amazing support! I値l try to be around to answer any questions you may have.

Sad news, this is an amazing game and will be hard to find something as good

Events will likely remain the same as we've been running them the past couple of months (without the mixup that recently happened of course). We're still going to generate content for TPC but it'll be a bit more predictable as far as the LTQ types.

I think most of us would be happy with the following minimal content:

1. Weekend events (guild/ind battles or points events)
    2. Weekly coin quests with themes from players
    3. Monthly 50/50/50 quest and Ruby decos.
    4. Monthly shovel quest.
    5. Fortnightly mermaid spin quest.
    6. Weekly LTO ships

We can keep it going till 2020

Pink, I think that is an absolutely lovely idea!
    Officer COVEVILLE

Events will likely remain the same as we've been running them the past couple of months (without the mixup that recently happened of course). We're still going to generate content for TPC but it'll be a bit more predictable as far as the LTQ types.
    Will there be any staff around to answer tickets?

@Padisha - We'll still have staff around to answer tickets. We will also do our best to try and resolve any live issues that may occur. One of the things with the slow down is that we may not be able to resolve some of the old standing bugs that have been around.

Interesting day to announce an execution (if you will) of all PG's games. Am I to assume that there's a resurrection on the horizon, too?

BTW, the message is in ALL of PG's games:

Name:  009.jpg
Views: 2523
Size:  89.4 KB

Name:  012.jpg
Views: 2533
Size:  87.7 KB

Name:  013.jpg
Views: 2514
Size:  84.9 KB
    Paradise Cove - Leader of the Darkwings (PM me about joining our guild)

Remembering Nayjon (1970-2017), guildmate and lover of TPC. I'll miss you, brother!

Secret Passages - Billionaire Bandits

The Billionaire Bandit club finished 78 strong and I'm proud of all who made this so much fun. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

Oh marvellous. This is a "Goodbye and Thanks for all the Fish"
    Last edited by Sewyn111; 04-14-17 at 06:12 PM.
    Dutchfleet 😎

Quote Originally Posted by igotahavit View Post
    Am I to assume that there's a resurrection on the horizon, too?
    We have to wait till tomorrow (GMT +8)

I find it VERY INTERESTING, being a PG games player since 2013, that in almost every other instance PG has "teased" new games, put up partial screenshots, hinted openly about new games or even promoted the sugar-honey-iced-tea out of them and here we are with news that ALL of the old games are being shut down, essentially more-or-less, AND not even a hint nor mention of any "new" games.

PG will tell us that this is a cut-throat industry and that they have to hold their cards close to their vest and that's why no new teasers or information, yet in the past they've always had some type of "teaser" available.

In fact, I've been searching the web for months now and there isn't even one new article or interview that I can find regarding PG and their future.

Does Ben Liu care to comment?

This is not an attack nor negativity, just surprising. I know experienced PR people who have tried to "go into hiding" on behalf of their clients and haven't done nearly as good of a job as PG has over the past 18 months. I know more about what goes on at the Pentagon and CIA than I do about PG's future.

I'll give PG this, whether there are new games on the horizon or they're going out of business, it's going to be a bombshell one way or the other.

Remembering Nayjon (1970-2017), guildmate and lover of TPC. I'll miss you, brother!

The Billionaire Bandit club finished 78 strong and I'm proud of all who made this so much fun. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkpanther View Post
    We have to wait till tomorrow (GMT +8)
    In honor of the "slow content" message and the day chosen, PG has informed me that a new ruby deco will be made available for sale tomorrow named:

PLASTIC JESUS

It will cost 666 rubies, each, and will payout every 40 days or 40 nights, whichever comes first. During Guild Battles, if you tap on the Plastic Jesus, he will resurrect your best ship being repaired.

Oh, and before Pink or Golf ask me if it's Jesus (Geez-us) or Jesus (Hey-zeus), well, that just depends on your belief structure.

Dee, SC and Blue - yes, PG will make the Plastic Jesus available in different colors, just for the lovely ladies of the forum. (Maybe one in chocolate for Dark Angel.)

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Let's not start the paranoia train.

Yes there are new games on the horizon.

Yes some of the games are slowing down.

I welcome any chocolate, even pixel chocolate!

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

We wanted to make sure that all messaging in regards to this was sent out all together for all the games. They're all different messages that are detailing different scenarios for the games. Some more similar than others, of course. We felt it better to have them all go out together and give an idea of the status for each of them rather than it come out gradually and have the status of them all be unknown.

We wanted to make sure that all messaging in regards to this was sent out all together for all the games. They're all different messages that are detailing different scenarios for the games. Some more similar than others, of course. We felt it better to have them all go out together and give an idea of the status for each of them rather than it come out gradually and have the status of them all be unknown.
    It is definitely a more organized way of going about it.

Jesse,

Since you're in a chatty mode tonight, why can't (or why doesn't) PG allocate enough resources to keep games like TPC and SP going?

Are they not making enough profit? If they are, then why not keep a small staff and appropriate budget assigned to these games, even if it's just to milk them?

I know you don't want to get into specifics and a financial discussion, but on this side of the fence we're scratching our collective heads. 1) If games like TPC and SP aren't making money for PG, then why not just kill them? 2) If they are making a profit, why not keep them going (proper budgetary means) just as a marketing/advertising tool with the hopes of crossover/spillover downloads of new PG games from the "old" existing customers?

Is it not that black and white? Am I not seeing something? I'm not upset or yelling, just simply looking for someone to make sense of it, for all of us, from PG's perspective. Because to us, it DOES seem just that simple of a business decision.

Are you able to give us a little insight, without getting your head chopped off? (That's why I always tease and ask for Ben Liu to come on the forum and answer some questions.) I just think, from a PR angle and a "connect-with-your-customers" ethic, it would be good for Ben to give us some direction, or insight. I don't want him to giveaway the shop or spill trade secrets, but an idea of why it's necessary to kill games like TPC and SP, if they're making money.

I understand there's costs and staffing, but there's also a break-even point for everything, and if TPC and SP are breaking-even or slightly making money with limited staff, then why not keep them in your portfolio of games?

I'd be interested to hear from you, or Ben, if I'm right or wrong, or more probably, something that I'm missing completely and not factoring into the equation. Thanks.

I can definitely understand the confusion considering that this is rather sudden. While I can't say any specifics on financials (it's just not something we're able to speak of in public unfortunately), I can say that a major part of it is that we wanted to be able to move a lot of our talent onto some of our newest games to help with bringing the same success we saw in games such as TPC and SP. Now that doesn't mean of course that we're leaving these games behind, quite the opposite we've had a team working towards keeping TPC afloat with a constant stream of content and getting events out regularly. It's not the same as it was 2 or 3 years ago but we do want to try to give an enjoyable experience still.

That being said though, TPC will still be seeing content and it'll look very much like the way it's been recently. Quest types will be a bit more predictable but content-wise we'll be working to bring everyone fresh and new things. I know the messaging may have sounded a bit more final considering it came the same time where some other games were announcing a bit more of a finality but that's not the direction TPC will be going in. We'll still have content being generated and we'll still have events rolling out.

As for SP we had worked to wrap up a lot of the content last year. The decision for that was to have the content's story come to a finale in Epoch Grove. I can go over this a bit more in the SP forum also.

Yo my Friend Gotta, I think PG has give you more than enough to munch through this free and holiday weekend. Keep it going....

I like the plastic Jesus in Colours for ladies....

Hmmmmmmmmmm...........not being considered a "lady" by most........

Guess i will keep my colorful comments to myself.....
    If it is not yours don't take it.......If it is not true don't say it.......If it is not right don't do it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast