Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: News Regarding Secret Passages

News Regarding Secret Passages

Hey everyone,

Many of you will likely have noticed that events and content updates for Secret Passages has slowed down quite a bit lately. It is with sadness that I must announce that we have officially wrapped up all content for Secret Passages. This means that we will not be releasing any new content for the game, but there is still a lot of existing content to explore! We want to thank everyone for the time and dedication you have put into playing Secret Passages and making the community the amazing place that it has been.

Its important to note that we are not shutting the game down, though we will be reducing the size of the team to allocate resources to our other games. What this means it that everyone will still be able to play the game if you already have it. Well also be sure to give you all a 3 months notice if we make any additional changes to the game going forward.

We appreciate the time everyone has put into making the game and community what it is today and would like to extend an offer to all players interested in our other live titles. Well be working this out with everyone gradually so that we can help you with getting started in our live titles if youre interested in any of those.

Its been an honor working together with you all to provide the content for everyone the past few years!

END OF DAYS! OVER! DONE! DOOMSDAY! NO NEW CONTENT!

Name:  009.jpg
Views: 1205
Size:  89.4 KB

Name:  012.jpg
Views: 1199
Size:  87.7 KB

Name:  013.jpg
Views: 1223
Size:  84.9 KB

Is this the end of Pocket Gems???? Definitely for all "standard" games as we know it (knew them).

PG certainly picked an interesting day to "execute" their old games! Is there a resurrection on the horizon?

Once again, another correct prediction by your expert commentator just days (even hours) before it happened. I guess it turns out that we don't have to wait for 4/31/2017. LOL
    Last edited by igotahavit; 04-14-17 at 06:00 PM.
    Paradise Cove - Leader of the Darkwings (PM me about joining our guild)

Remembering Nayjon (1970-2017), guildmate and lover of TPC. I'll miss you, brother!

Secret Passages - Billionaire Bandits

The Billionaire Bandit club finished 78 strong and I'm proud of all who made this so much fun. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

There are some games that will still be available to download and play, Secret Passages included. Unfortunately Secret Passages will be one of the games where we won't be creating any new content for in the foreseeable future.

I'll try to be around over the weekend to try and answer questions or concerns you may have.

We knew, we had heard, we were told.
    Question 1. Are we getting back the daily that was lost (not taken away, just lost) that we were promised was coming back?
    Question 2. When did the clock start ticking on the three months notice?
    Comment. Everything was lost in early January so the clock could have started then.
    Last edited by Spanish eyes; 04-15-17 at 01:49 AM.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

We're still investigating the daily that's been broken. That is something that we've had on the plate for a bit that we're still trying to see if we can resolve. As for when the 3 months will likely start, it's hard to say as we don't have an exact date on that. We will send another message whenever we make the decision to notify everyone. Secret Passages will still be around and playable, it's just that we won't be generating any new content for the foreseeable future for Secret Passages.

Sorry Jesse
    the last was slightly tongue in cheek as Sooni had more or less told us the same as you at the latter end of last year.

The Daily That Was Lost (DTWL) is very imortant phycologically as it allows for enough interest in the game to keep us, the ones who have still some way to go, entertained. It is very good news that it hasnt yet been shelved.

Last but one question. Do you know/can you find out if the Epoch Grove Desert sites are going to be looped? We had all the other three realms lopped so we could finish the ones we had missed first time round and were promised it would be the same after all the EG ones had been released (this has not yet happened).

Last question (until I think of some more). What are you doing working over the holidays and so late in your 'day'? In the UK it is normal to have some if not all - Good Friday, Easter Monday, Easter Tuesday. I know that over there you have no religious work holidays but your time of usually corresponds to ours.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Intrepid Explorer
    Running with my dog in the Hills of Zurich
    Can PG at least spare an employee or two to fix what is broken before they forget about SP? You can read the couple of threads that list problems and incorrect item labels.

I haven't even checked for documentation of my latest problem: the EG Vacation Getaay digsite third location (underwater cave) is almost completely broken. Every third search I'm given about 8 items. When I find them all, no new ones appear but the timer continues and I can't even use auto finds. My only solution is to let time run out and lose that energy or force close and wait 5 minutes for the game to reload.

Jesse - Thanks for the update. I think I'm still getting new EG "dunes". This week's site is Double Rainbow. How many more of them will there be and what will be the last one?
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done
    Oh no! Was that last dune site?

Wilson said that the last dune was Mendenhall Ice Cave. See this post http://forums.pocketgems.com/showthr...l=1#post620300

My only thought on this is that it is an in game announcement versus the announcement that Wilson gave us on the forum. That and it was in all the games on this forum. So I am curious if we will get a new site on Tuesday and if it will be the last one.

Personally I am ready for the last one. I am playing to either get to the last site and hopefully they will then recycle through. I am earning rubies to open the ones that I have missed. I am down to 9 more. Problem is they all take either 8000 or 10,000 rubies to open and it takes a while to earn that many. It takes me about 2 weeks to open each one.
    Level 117 just in time.

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosgrove View Post
    Wilson said that the last dune was Mendenhall Ice Cave. See this post http://forums.pocketgems.com/showthr...l=1#post620300

My only thought on this is that it is an in game announcement versus the announcement that Wilson gave us on the forum. That and it was in all the games on this forum. So I am curious if we will get a new site on Tuesday and if it will be the last one.
    I was always suspicious of that statement from Wilsoon. Mendenhall glacier was one of the early EG dune sites and is effectively an ice cave. I could not see why they would do another such similar scene.

Ah well, it was fun while it lasted...nice "being there"...thanks for the ride.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1101
Size:  30.2 KB
    "But, time will tell, of stars that fell
    A million years ago.
    Memories can never take you back, home, sweet home.
    You can never go home anymore."

i am very disappointed having spent years to achieve a high standard for the rug to be pulled.....my game will be deleted within the next few days.
    So long to all my competitors in the quest to progress, the battle is now over, it has been an absolute pleasure to game with you all.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeN32 View Post
    I was always suspicious of that statement from Wilsoon. Mendenhall glacier was one of the early EG dune sites and is effectively an ice cave. I could not see why they would do another such similar scene.
    Likewise - that's part of the reason I asked the question again. Plus I thought things might have changed at PG.
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done
    Oh no! Was that last dune site?

We can definitely try to see what we could do about fixing some things that may not be working. A few things to note though, it won't be as quickly as it once was a few years and we're a bit limited on the capacity as to what can be fixed. That being said though, we will try what we can for the listed things.

I figured dropping a lot of announcements like this would have been a bit of a shock to a lot of forumers so I wanted to make sure to stick around a bit longer to answer any questions that may come up.

Wilsooon's statement is correct also, we're wanted to bring the announcement of this alongside all of our other games just so we announce what the status of all the games are together. Some of them are in different scenarios so we felt it best to have this come up again in SP just to let everyone know which of the scenarios SP will be in.

Before we wrapped up content a while back ago for SP we actually added a lot of stuff at once to Epoch Grove, so there's likely some may still see a lot of stuff popping up still.

Hope that was able to answer some questions! I'll be around on and off this weekend to try and answer any other questions that may arise.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeN32 View Post
    I just went and played that dune and it doesn't look like a cave. Well, we'll find out Tuesday if there are some in the pipeline that will still arrive. All I have left to do is 16 dig sites so I'll do those and fade away. It should take a few months to get all those dig sites finished.

To Everyone (Some more than others):

Happy Easter.

Stop! Please stop. I'm not trying to be negative or start a war, just trying to save you the trouble and embarassment. There is no need to keep on asking about the Daily Quests and the EG Dune sites, nor anything else in SP. I told you that PG is not going to fix these issues. PG is just being polite to you (deservedly so).

The time to rally and unify was when I told you they were going to takeaway the world events. Some did, some sat on their hands on the sidelines and watched. Even if there was a united front, PG is still moving in another direction - AWAY FROM THIS GAME.

Asking for them to fix the dailys or the EG dunes repeating is like having a car with no engine or drive train and you want them to wash and wax it every day. What's the point?

The most unifying thing in SP was the World Events. What makes you think that a few of us crying over these far lesser (and just as complicated, programming wise) issues will get PG to hear you? Seriously? There are more players (read past posts and threads) who feel that the daily quests are worthless, in fact, offer negative returns for doing (some or all parts of) them, than the useful, positive, forum-drawing world events. The dailys make PG no money, not in comparison to the world events, and PG killed those like they were the plague.

Please, just stop asking. There is nothing that the missing dailys are doing to hinder the progress of people who wish to continue the game. In fact, IMO, not having them makes it easier to focus on the nuts-and-bolts of the game. As far as the EG dunes, we all had 3 years to collect ruby trees. Some did, some laughed at them. Cry about having not collected more of those when you had the chance so that you would have had rubies to use to open those dunes. Still yet, it makes no sense to complain about those dunes recycling because PTs are harder to come by than rubies. Work on finding ruby relics and trading them. Save your rubies, the original way (for all of those purists out there without RTs), through hard work and constant playing and use them to open the EG dune sites. None of these problems is prohibiting anyone from starting, continuing or finishing SP. Stop asking, stop complaining. The game got a little more challenging and everybody went to tears. Boo hoo, now can we move on? The pity party ended months ago.

PG has shifted strategy, so should you. This game was always about strategy and because PG threw out some more hurdles and a few curveballs, so the crying begins. This was a resilient bunch who explored the inner workings of every part of this game and mastered it. Don't let a few road blocks reduce what you have accomplished. Adapt, overcome, just stop asking because as I told you with other predictions, it's not going to change.

When other players are bailing out of PG's old games by the hundreds, be the stalwarts that you were. Be the players who never let programming errors, bugs, dropped updates, broken events, misspellings, etc. slow them down. This was the only forum(ers) who laughed at PG and called them on the carpet for what we perceived to be mistakes on their part. They want you to complain, they want you to quit, it makes shutting the game down easier. Everyday I still log-in and play. PG will have to shut off the lights and lock the door with me inside. But I won't be crying and on my knees begging.

Remembering Nayjon (1970-2017), guildmate and lover of TPC. I'll miss you, brother!

The Billionaire Bandit club finished 78 strong and I'm proud of all who made this so much fun. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

Longtime Tapper
    Love your spirit Gota.
    I don't care if the multi part quests return, never did them anyway. The EG dunes are pointless. EG was the downfall of the game.
    My take, if Apple are going to remove apps from the store, which haven't been updated for a long time, this will be the 3 months notice. (Hope I'm wrong on this occasion) Boom, Bang, Poof!

Quote Originally Posted by Pippy View Post
    Boom, Bang, Poof!
    We'll have to find another venue for the Catcapades...

Pippy...I can't say that I really miss the multi-part quests either, many of them were inaccessible to me and many did not yield rewards worth the effort. I don't miss the Events much...I did enjoy the three-way challenge...dig, crypt, spin. The search event was never my cup of tea. The Epoch Grove dunes...I don't care...I only have a handful. What I did like about EG was the fact that via the challenges, I could play scenes within regions that I had not yet opened. Searching EG, I could play sites that were interesting to me...for example, the Lewis and Clark sites. But I haven't played EG for several months now.

I'm winding my game down more and more each day...Boom, Bang,...not Poof! yet, but getting closer.
    Last edited by salmo23; 04-17-17 at 06:39 PM.
    "But, time will tell, of stars that fell
    A million years ago.
    Memories can never take you back, home, sweet home.
    You can never go home anymore."

I think igota makes a valid point in that I should probably clarify that I can't guarantee we'll be able to fix any of these issues that have been existing. Though I am able to say that we'll at the least try to revisit and re-evaluate them once more. While we've reached the end of content we do want to try to see if we can clean anything up if possible. That unfortunately isn't always the case though, so I'll say once again that I can't guarantee we'll be able to fix anything but we'll at least take a look and give it a try.

Thank you Jesse for all your answers on this.

What I am wondering though is about the new game that was in development one year or so ago. Do you have any news on this ? Or is it being pushed aside as well ?
    Level 110
    Ipad Air 2
    Support ID: ZXNXUB92QA

Quote Originally Posted by Pippy View Post
    Love your spirit Gota.
    I don't care if the multi part quests return, never did them anyway. The EG dunes are pointless. EG was the downfall of the game.
    My take, if Apple are going to remove apps from the store, which haven't been updated for a long time, this will be the 3 months notice. (Hope I'm wrong on this occasion) Boom, Bang, Poof!
    You go, girl!

The only regret I have is that PG never addressed nor answered if or if they weren't still making money/profit off of SP and TPC. My brain tells me that they were, but that the staff required to keep it a going concern versus the staffing for the mysterious, no-teaser "new" games was out-of-proportion. Essentially, something like 4 to 1. Four staff versus one to maintain the old games. The employee benefits alone would be killer.

It's sad that PG couldn't find some outfit to sell these games off to. Some organization that would restore them and keep them going. That's the frustrating part. That's the regret.

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    New game is on track and not being pushed aside.

Igot your questions about the financial aspect, is not something they going to share. Anyway its not just about profit. A mobile game has to move with demand, market, type and genre etc. These also need to constantly evolve for new devices. Older games can't always do that. Its profit and logistics in maintaining a game.

To restore a game would be to start all over again. You can't always change the fundamental architecture of the game after layers and layers of new code around it.

There is always that hope or wish something that can be done. Nothing wrong with that, but you got to be realistic in terms of mobile game development and the market. No hope or wishing will change that.

Believe me I understand why some of you feel the way you do. But you will learn to accept it and manage to enjoy the game.
    Last edited by darkangel; 04-18-17 at 03:17 PM.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

If there is one final change or tweak that I would like to see, it would be that the dunes in the day and night realm not be gone forever when you cannot find the required items in time. It would be nice if they could also be available to get with rubies like the EG dune sites are. For a player like me who have few resources and only do a few searches a day, it will still take a very long time to be able to buy them, but at least the option will be there.

Longtime Tapper
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlou View Post
    If there is one final change or tweak that I would like to see, it would be that the dunes in the day and night realm not be gone forever when you cannot find the required items in time. It would be nice if they could also be available to get with rubies like the EG dune sites are. For a player like me who have few resources and only do a few searches a day, it will still take a very long time to be able to buy them, but at least the option will be there.
    Blue, as far as I'm aware these do recycle, it was only the COS ones that didn't for me. They don't come back until you've gone through the whole lot, looks like the last one is Fun Factory, have you got to this stage yet? If so, could be something else in this game is now broken!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast