Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: News Regarding Secret Passages

No Pippy, I did not talk about recycling of the dunes. Even after seeing them a second time, there are some that I still did not manage to finish. Unless they recycle continuously untill all the elements are found, buying the outstanding items with rubies would be preferable than the lost for ever notice.

Gotta said that the scarcest items these days are power tokens and he is right. There is no guarantee that the one outstanding item you need to find, will be found with the very first search you do. I am not a statistician, but the odds are good that even in a four day window period, you will end up not tapping THE spot where it is.

It would make sense to me that a game that is on autopilot should have no cut off deadlines.

Longtime Tapper
    Well they did keep going round and round for me, some I didn't complete until the third or fourth time, so paying rubies would probably have been easier. I would like to be able to buy the missing items for the cos ones, I still have some of the items i found in my BP, which annoys me!

Blur
    Pips has the right of it, the early deserts do keep/kept recycling for me until I got them complete.

Dark
    I have been saying much the same thing as you and for about as long so totally agree with you.

I cannot see now and never could see what we, the playing public, could do/could have done to change PGHQ's mind about the old games. I noticed the writing on the wall earlier than anybody and wrote about it but it was with sadness not anger. When a Sock is darned or a jacket is patched so much as to become the darn or the patch then it is time to go out and buy new clothes. If you love the old one too much to throw it away then pack it in tissue paper and moth balls and lay it tenderly away in the back of a drawer or take a photo of it but dont set fire to it or you will regret it.

I have said many times that ranting just upsets others and frightens them away faster. There are times when shouting works and other times a gentle whisper achieves the most.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Very nicely written, SE.
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done
    Oh no! Was that last dune site?

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    New game is on track and not being pushed aside.

Igot your questions about the financial aspect, is not something they going to share. Anyway its not just about profit. A mobile game has to move with demand, market, type and genre etc. These also need to constantly evolve for new devices. Older games can't always do that. Its profit and logistics in maintaining a game.

To restore a game would be to start all over again. You can't always change the fundamental architecture of the game after layers and layers of new code around it.

There is always that hope or wish something that can be done. Nothing wrong with that, but you got to be realistic in terms of mobile game development and the market. No hope or wishing will change that.

Believe me I understand why some of you feel the way you do. But you will learn to accept it and manage to enjoy the game.
    I thought about not responding to this and Jesse's post, but I'm confused. How is it, say for example, that a company like Machine Zone (a competitor of PG's) can launch a game like Game of War in 2013 (much like SP and TPC) and:

1) Have fewer glitches and game problems and when they do, not only are they fixed immediately but correctly the first time, PLUS, they award game (over-the-top in some cases) assets to players for their troubles, as an apology? Whereas PG hardly met/meets that criteria.

2) How is it that Machine Zone can maintain game continuity from 2013 up to the present, without having to shut the game down for major programming re-writes, whereas PG can't for games like SP and TPC??

3) How is it that Machine Zone openly publishes their Game of War downloads and profit and loss statements every year and PG doesn't?

3) How is it that Machine Zone can recognize the long-term value of a game (created in 2013) and the customer base it developed using 200 direct response marketeers and recognizes the viability of that game moving forward into the future because of the cultivated customer base, when, like you guys said, these things don't occur in the mobile gaming world and the games are only meant for a short duration? How does Machine Zone and other mobile gaming companies pull this off and PG can't?

4) How has Machine Zone been able to successfully monetize their game (Game of War) and made it a viable, going concern all of these years and there's no end in sight? How come PG doesn't take that approach or marketing strategy? I mean, after all, IT IS ABOUT PROFIT - 100% about profit. You need profits to develop new games. That profit, follow me here, comes from the successful games that you have currently in your portfolio - like SP and TPC and Animal Voyage and Campus Life.

How come PG can't be transparent like every other gaming company (I used Machine Zone here as an example) saying SP and TPC are projected to have negative profit projections over the next 5 years (not a fact, just a guess)?

If what you and Jesse are both saying is truly accurate, then PG should have no problem divulging downloads and profits for dead or soon-to-be dead games, ESPECIALLY when they have the ultimate ace-in-the-hole (according to you guys) - new game development on the horizon. Why should PG care who knows whether SP or TPC are making money or losing downloads? Like you said, they're moving forward. It's only closure.

How come Gabriel Leydon can freely talk about MZ's strategies, failures, successess, etc., and Ben Liu is more mysterious than Oz? How come I can do a quick Google search and find Gabe's email and Twitter address (that he responds to), but when I look up Ben's it's easier to find Donald Trump's?

Do you see where I'm going here? There's a lot of stuff that doesn't make sense when, as you guys put it, you take a look at industry standards in the mobile gaming world, other gaming companies and CEOs share info and talk freely about established games, but PG employs an Iron Curtain for games that they've said have been lobotomized. Please explain your concept of mobile gaming "industry standards" as PG relates to the rest of the industry and how they operate?

Again for clarity, how come for games like SP, TPC, Campus Life, Animal Voyage, etc., that are soon to be "functionally" dead, why is there a need for so much secrecy? (THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION)

Why can't Ben Liu or some PG authority post to the forum statistics of game downloads and profitability for each game since their inception? What's the big secret? Where's the harm in that? Why can other private mobile gaming companies, like Machine Zone, do it, and still maintain trade secrets and thrive financially??? What am I missing here??? Honestly, it's a joke when you compare it to other mobile gaming companies practices. You can tell me that I'm wrong and that my facts are incorrect (they're not), but what you can't justify is the fact that PG has now openly admitted that all of these games are effectively "dead." Sure they'll continue running, but at this stage they have been neutered from bearing future fruit, so why the secrecy? Why not be open and answer questions regarding these games? What exactly am I missing? Where's the downside for PG? They've already alienated most of the players of those games. What hard-line questions could be left from a few of the faithful, that PG can't (won't) answer? It makes NO SENSE!

This goes back to the same thing that I've maintained from Day 1 since being on this forum - I will always be on the side of the players, simply because this is the way PG decides to do business - they separate themselves from their customer base at almost every opportunity, even after a game(s) is dead. I stand by my belief that this is a poor business model to follow and, based on what occurs in other mobile gaming companies like Machine Zone, it only ratifies my position.

(Just for clarity, this is not a criticism of PG game staff. There are some truly phenomonal people there. Nevertheless, the crosshairs of this cannon are squarely aimed at Ben Liu and the policy-making, ship-steering, bean-counting chiefs at PG. Come out, come out, wherever you are!)
    Paradise Cove - Leader of the Darkwings (PM me about joining our guild)

Remembering Nayjon (1970-2017), guildmate and lover of TPC. I'll miss you, brother!

Secret Passages - Billionaire Bandits

The Billionaire Bandit club finished 78 strong and I'm proud of all who made this so much fun. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

Pippy and Spanish Eyes,

Have you never seen the following?

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  21.6 KB

This is what I see when I could not get all the items the second time round.

Blue, I haven't seen this but I finished all mine the second time so I am no help. I don't know if this works the second time around or not but it did the first time around. If you collect all the items and don't hit complete it just paused the dunes. I did this quite by accident. I didn't want one more site to upgrade early in my game so I found all the items and then didn't tap complete. I didn't get another dune site until I hit complete. I should have mentioned this earlier but if you would look through the restarting thread I talked about it a few times.
    Level 117 just in time.

Longtime Tapper
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlou View Post
    Pippy and Spanish Eyes,

Have you never seen the following?

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  21.6 KB

This is what I see when I could not get all the items the second time round.
    Yes, I wasn't sure as my brain is a sieve but I've gone and looked at some old screenshots. Seems the second time I only had fours days to get to seven relics, again impossible, I only got to six and have a pic like yours, I definitely didn't pay the rubies.

Sorry Blur it was such a long time ago. I do remember a BIGGGG problem with The Hanging Gardens but that could have been across my first and second games. I, like Pips, know I never spent rubies to progress.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Igot Grow up.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Intrepid Explorer
    Running with my dog in the Hills of Zurich
    Ouch

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanish eyes View Post
    Sorry Blur it was such a long time ago. I do remember a BIGGGG problem with The Hanging Gardens but that could have been across my first and second games. I, like Pips, know I never spent rubies to progress.
    Blur lol.

Hey Blue Blue

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

@igota - I can understand the desire to know this information but (and I really hate to phrase it) much of it is the way it is mostly for it being the way it is. Now I don't want this to come off as a, "that's just how it is deal with it," and I hope that I'm not coming off like that in my prior or coming statements. There are quite a few stalwart examples of transparency, but transparency is not exactly binary either. In my opinion it's a bit more of a spectrum, and every company falls somewhere in it from one way to the other. Some provide frequent briefings and public announcements of information, as in your examples, while some others generally stay out of the spotlight, or somewhere in between. Generally for us we don't make a lot of these details public information, this is how it's been even in the past when many of the titles here were still in their infancy and holds true even after all these years that these titles have been around.

I myself often wonder why a company like Thatgamecompany, what with the massive success of Journey, seldom releases new titles. That is of course, just the way it is and the model they way they chose to have their games rolled out. I don't believe it's that they're riding the success of their previous titles, I'm sure they have a pretty strict philosophy on creating the perfect experience that requires it's time to produce. I don't fault them. I wish I could play more of their games, but I don't personally fault them for wanting to make them right. I'm probably a bit too eager to play another one of their games really.

I'm sorry as I know this is likely not the exact answer you were looking for. Much of the comparisons were a bit of apples and oranges so it's a bit tough to draw a solid conclusion particularly with the different structures of game production that were presented among the examples.
    Last edited by Jesse; 04-27-17 at 08:47 PM.

Jesse, I don't post often, but I would like to thank you for your polite and thoughtful responses to the frustrations expressed. It helps to feel heard vs. being insulted.

Intrepid Explorer
    Running with my dog in the Hills of Zurich
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyrmnkee View Post
    Jesse, I don't post often, but I would like to thank you for your polite and thoughtful responses to the frustrations expressed. It helps to feel heard vs. being insulted.
    Agreed.

Intrepid Explorer
    Hi PG,
    There's no daily quest today.
    Is it intended from 1st of June? I didn't see the 3 months notice.
    If it is not intended, then it is just as bad, because who and when will fix it?
    Please advise, thanks
    Event name: H(o)ll(o)w / Olevia280723700, lvl 65, support ID: C8C4MGX4B4
    AT free thanks to GOD...

No daily bonus since March update.
    Love You ALL! Forumers rock this world!

Longtime Tapper
    No, no, noooooooooooooooo!

Can't believe this, I am jinxed, boohoo PG

Name:  IMG_2443.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  96.4 KB

No daily quest and they want me to take a survey for coins.

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pippy View Post
    No, no, noooooooooooooooo!

Can't believe this, I am jinxed, boohoo PG

Name:  IMG_2443.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  96.4 KB
    Pippy

Out of curiosity, how many rubies is it to buy that last wrench thingie you need?

Isn't there a wrench thingie on the daily reward calendar? Seems like I got one last month...
    Last edited by salmo23; 06-01-17 at 07:28 AM.
    "But, time will tell, of stars that fell
    A million years ago.
    Memories can never take you back, home, sweet home.
    You can never go home anymore."

Longtime Tapper
    Hahaha it's only 250 rubies to buy a wrenchy thingy, why did I not notice that before?!

So could you buy a whole anvil for 50k rubies? How did I miss that wonderful trick!

Just need to get Tinker back from the bar, lol

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pippy View Post
    Hahaha it's only 250 rubies to buy a wrenchy thingy, why did I not notice that before?!

So could you buy a whole anvil for 50k rubies? How did I miss that wonderful trick!

Just need to get Tinker back from the bar, lol
    Whenever I am near to the ban limit I buy for the thinker 200 wrenches and send him to work.
    I may found the cap for the 10 ore (25000) as I can't see it in the digsite, only 3's and 6's.
    Mike to confirm...?
    I hope that it is not the end of Monday madness either...
    Event name: H(o)ll(o)w / Olevia280723700, lvl 65, support ID: C8C4MGX4B4
    AT free thanks to GOD...

No daily bonus since March update.
    Love You ALL! Forumers rock this world!

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    Whenever I am near to the ban limit I buy for the thinker 200 wrenches and send him to work.
    I may found the cap for the 10 ore (25000) as I can't see it in the digsite, only 3's and 6's.
    Mike to confirm...?
    I hope that it is not the end of Monday madness either...
    25K sounds about right. At about 30K you will probably loose 6x as well. I have not reached 35k yet so not sure what happens then.
    Last edited by MikeN32; 06-01-17 at 10:03 AM.

https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...l=1#post631652

I guess it's an annual thingie...
    Last edited by salmo23; 06-01-17 at 11:03 AM.
    "But, time will tell, of stars that fell
    A million years ago.
    Memories can never take you back, home, sweet home.
    You can never go home anymore."

Hollow,
    Just out of interest, how is the DR coming along? Have you entered the NR yet? I noticed your signature line and it got me wondering... Surely you can't still be on level 65!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast