Thread: Effective battling tips,

Effective battling tips,

I need help with my battling skills, I average 100, 50 minimum, can someone give me a proven method to increase my numbers?

Welcome to the forum Mike43.

I see you have approaced a guild in another thread. Yes, they and many others will help improve your game stats.

I am going to try and find you threads to read. I will add it to here over time for the sake of any other new players. Keep in mind that different terminology might be used from person to person, but the basic concept is the same.

The following is a thread that was written before Strategic Quick Fight (SQF) was added to the game.
    https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...l=1#post481649

https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...l=1#post333359

https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...l=1#post564853
    Last edited by BlueBlou; 04-09-17 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike43???? View Post
    I need help with my battling skills, I average 100, 50 minimum, can someone give me a proven method to increase my numbers?
    Mike,

Okay, don't laugh. Buy yourself a couple of hundred dollars worth of rubies. Use them to buy ruby decos each month (199 rubies each, 3 per month max). Once you have about 40-50 ruby decos, harvest them every 2 days (80-100 rubies) and save those rubies for Guild Battles.

Battle normally, like you do in those Guild Battles, and when a 4x or 3x points banner pops up, use your best ship with your 3 best cannons and boosts, if necessary, and keep hitting the SQF button when it says it'll cost you 5 rubies to automatically defeat this ship. Use those rubies to score massive points.

Benefits of playing this way:

1) Less effort.
    2) Less boredom.
    3) Super high scores, depending on how many rubies you've saved.
    4) You piss off almost everybody you beat and then can read about in the forum.
    5) The chicks in your guild dig guys who can score high or who have a really cool game name.
    6) All of the above make you look like you know what you're doing.

Any other method, that anybody else steers you towards, requires more time spent in the game than it would require to become a Zen master. (No offense to the lovely Blue, who is dedicated to producing Jedi Cove masters and who knows way more than me about this game, but Mike did say a "proven method.")

I stink at this game. I only have 217 ships, but with rubies I can score anywhere from 600 on a lazy weekend to 1,500 points when I'm motivated. I think that qualifies as a "proven method." Albeit kind of like walking up and dropping the balls into the points' holes in Skeeball, instead of rolling them with skill from the bottom of the lane. Or, like that scene in Indiana Jones where the Arabian guy does the fancy sword swinging and Indy just pulls out his gun and shoots him dead. Same difference, same effect. The almighty RUBY is the nuclear bomb of Paradise Cove. It's just so easy to push a button and go nuclear. Hey, I'll admit it, I'm a pirate.

Oh, you should change your game name from Mike43???? to something like: MikeIKILLU666. That's a cool game name.

EDIT: Somewhere in the remote corners of the Palringo Pirate Tavern, they are laughing about this post. Or laughing about me. Just as good.
    Last edited by igotahavit; 04-09-17 at 06:59 PM.
    Paradise Cove - Leader of the Darkwings (PM me about joining our guild)

Remembering Nayjon (1970-2017), guildmate and lover of TPC. I'll miss you, brother!

Secret Passages - Billionaire Bandits

The Billionaire Bandit club finished 78 strong and I'm proud of all who made this so much fun. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

Ok, Gotta, you have me laughing. Thanks!

Gotta,

I do not know if they are laughing in the tavern, but I am in my living room and laughing out loud. Seriously, brother, you are:

1: brilliant
    2: witty
    3: correct
    4:astute
    5:a master wordsmith
    6:????? It is 3:38 am. I thought of a few more things to say when I first read your comments 2 hours ago but am too sleep-deprived to remember what I wanted to say.

I never laugh AT you, my friend, only WITH you!
    "I survived because I was tougher than anybody else."

Bette Davis

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Yes, Vaders_Fist_2 because we lowered the recruitment level.

Thank you for the tip,I just might change my name to something cooler, lol.

Mike - the bigger question is did you find a guild to join?

Bette Davis

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Yes I'm with a top 20 guild, (dark sea), during a battle I had seen one player get 1000, as the day went on there were players getting 700s, 500s so on. I thought between 100-130 a battle was good, but no, getting the amount of a whole team that's what I want, the secret of how.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike43???? View Post
    Thank you for the tip,I just might change my name to something cooler, lol.
    You got it, brother! Just keep being you. We like the "YOU!"

Although, a sexier name wouldn't be a bad thing.
    Paradise Cove - Leader of the Darkwings (PM me about joining our guild)

Remembering Nayjon (1970-2017), guildmate and lover of TPC. I'll miss you, brother!

Secret Passages - Billionaire Bandits

The Billionaire Bandit club finished 78 strong and I'm proud of all who made this so much fun. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

[QUOTE=igotahavit;628414]Mike,

Okay, don't laugh. Buy yourself a couple of hundred dollars worth of rubies. Use them to buy ruby decos each month (199 rubies each, 3 per month max). Once you have about 40-50 ruby decos, harvest them every 2 days (80-100 rubies) and save those rubies for Guild Battles.

Battle normally, like you do in those Guild Battles, and when a 4x or 3x points banner pops up, use your best ship with your 3 best cannons and boosts, if necessary, and keep hitting the SQF button when it says it'll cost you 5 rubies to automatically defeat this ship. Use those rubies to score massive points.

Benefits of playing this way:

1) Less effort.
    2) Less boredom.
    3) Super high scores, depending on how many rubies you've saved.
    4) You piss off almost everybody you beat and then can read about in the forum.
    5) The chicks in your guild dig guys who can score high or who have a really cool game name.
    6) All of the above make you look like you know what you're .....

Thank you for this, which confirms what I am doing, but .... there is always a but 😉

We have just played the top Guild in this event and their top player had nearly 700 points in the first ten minutes. Even with banners, I don't think my fingers work quickly enough, or my iPad, to do that. Hit fight, hit strategy button, hit spend rubies, etc with iPad loading bits and pieces ..

So is there a short cut I am missing or do I need a bionic finger? This is not suggesting cheating, by the way, just jealous! Their total score was stupendous ...

Dee

You would also need the latest fastest device with at least 4GB RAM. Fast internet speed might be essential too.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlou View Post
    You would also need the latest fastest device with at least 4GB RAM. Fast internet speed might be essential too.
    Hiya Mike, in case you haven't figured out, check this out.
    Name:  IMG_0495.JPG
Views: 89
Size:  45.0 KB

Here is another tip: buy all the ruby ships, finish all three levels of the 3/50 for more strong ships, and get all of the mermaid key ships. This will give you a stronger fleet. And make sure all of your equipment is fully upgraded. You need the strongest ships and equipment possible. And have fun doing all of these things. Those who score big points are addicted to the game and are having fun.

Also, surround yourself with others who are also addicted to the game and have contests with them to see who can score the most points each time. The competition may not just be between your team and the other team. It may be between you and your guild mates to see who can score the most points.
    Last edited by 38supercomp; 04-23-17 at 05:55 AM.

Bette Davis

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Quote Originally Posted by 38supercomp View Post
    Here is another tip: buy all the ruby ships, finish all three levels of the 3/50 for more strong ships, and get all of the mermaid key ships. This will give you a stronger fleet. And make sure all of your equipment is fully upgraded. You need the strongest ships and equipment possible. And have fun doing all of these things. Those who score big points are addicted to the game and are having fun.

Thank you again .. on my way although I do have nearly 500 ships. The leading team now have twice as many points as the usual Board leaders, so I commend them on their fighting skills!