Thread: Problem crafting level 5 diamond (pristine)

Problem crafting level 5 diamond (pristine)

Hi All, I'm new to this forum so forgive me if this has been covered already or posted in the incorrect place. I've done a search and can't seem to find anyone having similar difficulty.

I am trying to craft a level 5 diamond, but the red oval things are not coming up when I search Strelna Citadel. I have problem with other scenes I search for the first time after logging into the the game don't give me trinkets, but they do the second time I search it. Strelna Citadel doesn't ever give me those pink things though. I have mastered the building and am on 2 platinum stars - not sure if that makes a difference. Using the lastest iOS version and no upgrades for the game outstanding, somassume im on lastest version of game.

Some players may experience issues with Strelna Citadel populating the pink Russian Coin for crafting. In this case, please search one of the other two locations (ie: Trinity Tower) as they also have the Russian Coins.

Quote Originally Posted by Lezatw View Post
    Hi All, I'm new to this forum so forgive me if this has been covered already or posted in the incorrect place. I've done a search and can't seem to find anyone having similar difficulty.
    Hello Leza...welcome to the forum. Navigating the search engine becomes easier the more you experiment with it.
    "But, time will tell, of stars that fell
    A million years ago.
    Memories can never take you back, home, sweet home.
    You can never go home anymore."

Intrepid Explorer
    Running with my dog in the Hills of Zurich
    Welcome Leza

Quote Originally Posted by Lezatw View Post

I am trying to craft a level 5 diamond, but the red oval things are not coming up when I search Strelna Citadel. I have problem with other scenes I search for the first time after logging into the the game don't give me trinkets, but they do the second time I search it. Strelna Citadel doesn't ever give me those pink things though. I have mastered the building and am on 2 platinum stars - not sure if that makes a difference. Using the lastest iOS version and no upgrades for the game outstanding, somassume im on lastest version of game.
    Leza:

Welcome to the zombie forum.

The first question that should have been asked is: What type of device are you using to play the game?

For the longest time, I had used an iPhone 4s and then upgraded to a 6s. On an iPhone search, Strelna Citadel is one of the worst sites for finding jewel frags as the PG (iPhone) programmer did a horrible job thoroughly checking her/his work. Many times in searching Strelna, I (and others) have found that the jewel frag is positioned far enough off the iPhone screen as to either 1) be difficult to detect or 2) be impossible to touch/select because it is never shown. In fact, a little over 2 years ago I started working on determining which of the frag sites offers a better jewel frag rate (or the best jewel frag return rate). One of the spillover findings from doing that was, by far and away, Strelna Citadel (for iPhone searches) was the worst site to search for having jewel frags in unreachable/unfindable places off-screen. For every 100 searches that I performed in Strelna, there were anywhere from 7 (minimum) to 11 (max) times where the Ruby Scarab was unreachable/unfindable off-screen. I performed this test 15 times (100 searches each time; 1,500 total searches in Strelna), so the sample size, I think was more than adequate to justify these findings. There are a couple of other jewel frag sites where this happens for iPhone searches, but far less frequently than Strelna. Secret Caverns (roughly 3-4 times out of 100 searches the frag is off-screen); Coral Reef and Mysterious Submarine (both had 2-3 times out of 100 searches the frag was off-screen); and the Italian Canal (3-4 times out of 100 searches the frag is off-screen). The rest of the frag sites, when searching on an iPhone device, experience 0 (mostly) or 1 time having a jewel frag off-screen, per 100 searches. Again, these are only my findings. Those who think the game is different for everybody are welcomed to search each frag site 1,500 times each on an iPhone device, like I did, and see if they're findings are radically different.

It wasn't until a little over a year ago when I got an iPad Mini 4 and saw the difference in the game programming for a wider screen device and realized that this was another "fumble" by PG. I have yet to ever see a jewel frag, on a Mini 4 or iPad2, off-screen. Not once!

I'm not saying that this is definitely your problem. Lauren may know about outstanding "bug" issues better than I would. However, if you are playing on an iPhone, you may want to consider this as a possibility.

You may also want to search the site until you've maxed out 50 of the Gold Coin tradable relics in your backpack. This may force out an extra 1 or even 2 more Ruby Scarab jewel frags into the search field.

Best of luck.
    Paradise Cove - Leader of the Darkwings (PM me about joining our guild)

Remembering Nayjon (1970-2017), guildmate and lover of TPC. I'll miss you, brother!

Secret Passages - Billionaire Bandits

The Billionaire Bandit club finished 78 strong and I'm proud of all who made this so much fun. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

Hi leza
    we are less than we were but still happy to help a fellow traveller.

Sal.
    can you find the Prof's list of gem shards etc.? It doesnt answer Leza's question but will be extremely useful in gem construction generally.

Lauren the pink thingys are not coins they are shards. Coins are the bain of all our lives in that we all have too many of the blasted things. Shards are various colours that, when crafted together, make gems. Here endeth the first lesson from that know-it-all called SE to be familiar/personal or Miss SE to be polite.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Here is the link to the list as mentioned by Spanish Eyes. I have it opened as I am still crafting, so no need to go do a search.

http://forums.pocketgems.com/showthr...l=1#post342752

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish eyes View Post
    Hi leza
    we are less than we were but still happy to help a fellow traveller.

"We used to play pretend, give each other different names,
    We would build a rocket ship and then we'd fly it far away,
    Used to dream of outer space but now they're laughing at our face,
    Saying, 'Wake up, you need to make money',
    yeah"
    Last edited by salmo23; 04-10-17 at 10:34 AM.
    A million years ago.

Intrepid Explorer
    Running with my dog in the Hills of Zurich
    Quote Originally Posted by salmo23 View Post

"We used to play pretend, give each other different names,
    We would build a rocket ship and then we'd fly it far away,
    Used to dream of outer space but now they're laughing at our face,
    Saying, 'Wake up, you need to make money',
    yeah"
    Thanks for the ear worm

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    Thanks for the ear worm
    Happy to share...

"My name's Blurryface and I care what you think
    My name's Blurryface and I care what you think"

Oh, here Matti...someone referred to this as the zombie forum...

"Turn it up, it's your favorite song
    Dance, dance, dance to the distortion
    Turn it up, keep it on repeat
    Stumbling around like a wasted zombie
    Yeah, we think we're free
    Drink, this one is on me
    We're all chained to the rhythm
    To the rhythm to the rhythm..."
    Last edited by salmo23; 04-11-17 at 12:47 PM.
    A million years ago.