Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vaders_fist

Quote Originally Posted by 38supercomp View Post
    Sparkly ships! Just what I like. And no mermaid ship. I rarely get them and am relieved not to see it in the list.

We also need some serious ships. Serious kick-butt pirate-pleasing ships. Someone ought to come up with a story about that type of ship. Fierce ships, to please the meanest pirate sailing the seas and make the crews on the sparkly ships quake in their sparkly outfits. Pirate ships that Jack Sparrow and Blackbeard and pirates such as actually roamed the oceans once upon a time might have sailed! Pirate ships a captain could sail proudly into battle, knowing he or she was the baddest of the bad!

No kids would dare come aboard the ships I speak of. No honeymooning couples. No retirees' cruise ships be these ships! Fierce ships, with captains called Snake or Sharkey or Mean Jim or Treacherous Tom or such.

Ships whose captain would make any sailor who mentioned the words sparkles or cake or purple walk the plank in shark-infested waters!

Okay, I know what you are all thinking.

SC has flipped her lid, gone bonkers, sailed round the bend into insanity, gone rouge, lost her marbles! Yep! You would be right.

Join me in my insane little corner of the world? There is always room for one more! Or in this case, several more!
    Welcome to my pirate world........some of those captains can be females
    Contract Pirate

Sounds to me like you are speaking of "Warrior" Ships! Cannot reveal them, but this is what some of our "Rogue" pirates look like.

Name:  IMG_2155.JPG
Views: 188
Size:  46.1 KB
    Tight is tight and too tight is broken.

Officer of Warrior Family

Has anyone heard of a shoe company called Irregular Choice?

Name:  IMG_6091[1].jpg
Views: 176
Size:  13.1 KB

Name:  IMG_6092[1].jpg
Views: 180
Size:  13.8 KB

Name:  IMG_6093[1].jpg
Views: 175
Size:  13.8 KB

Name:  IMG_6094[1].jpg
Views: 185
Size:  17.0 KB

Name:  IMG_6095[1].jpg
Size:  19.7 KB

Name:  IMG_6096[1].jpg
Size:  11.3 KB

Name:  IMG_6097[1].jpg
Views: 183
Size:  10.3 KB

Name:  IMG_6098[1].jpg
Views: 177
Size:  15.9 KB

Name:  IMG_6099[1].jpg
Size:  9.5 KB

I wonder what people would think if I showed up at church one Sunday morning wearing a pair of these heels?

Join me in my insanity! We could talk shoes. Or not.

Vaders_Fist_2. The place to be if you dare. I promise, insanity is not contagious.
    "You remind me of a poem I can't remember, a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." Abe Simpson

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Irregular Choice also has Mermaid Shoes!!!!!!!!!!

Name:  IMG_6103[1].jpg
Size:  17.2 KB

Name:  IMG_6104[1].jpg
Size:  17.6 KB

Name:  IMG_6105[1].jpg
Size:  18.0 KB
    "You remind me of a poem I can't remember, a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." Abe Simpson

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Quote Originally Posted by 38supercomp View Post
    Irregular Choice also has Mermaid Shoes!!!!!!!!
    I think the elderly lady who lives next door to me shoe shops there...

Name:  image.jpg
Size:  84.1 KB
    "But, time will tell, of stars that fell
    A million years ago.
    Memories can never take you back, home, sweet home.
    You can never go home anymore."

I am in LOVE!!!!!!!!!!

With life, with my hubby, with chocolate, with earrings, and with the most enchanting, magical place in the world! A place I found while messing about on the Internet.

Here is an artist's rendering of this place:

Name:  IMG_6114[1].jpg
Views: 173
Size:  21.3 KB

Here are some pictures of the actual garden.

Name:  IMG_6115[1].jpg
Size:  19.8 KB

Name:  IMG_6112[1].jpg
Views: 175

Name:  IMG_6116[1].jpg
Views: 173

Name:  IMG_6113[1].jpg
Views: 170
Size:  20.1 KB

There were so many truly magnificent, awesome, gorgeous pictures, I had a hard time keeping it to just these few.

These are The Supertrees, in the Gardens by the Bay, Singapore.

There is a walkway that winds through the trees. The trees are planted with living plants tucked into their superstructure, including Tillandsia. Does that sound familiar? (Tillandsia Transport ship.) There are over 162,900 plants growing on the trees. They are 25 - 50 meters tall, and equipped with solar lighting. 25 meters is approximately 82 feet tall. 50 meters is approximately 162 feet. Think of it! There is much more to the gardens by the Bay. I could sit here for an hour writing the story. Instead, I must go tap items and make shovels.

Inside the Flower Dome:

Name:  IMG_6118[1].jpg
Size:  20.5 KB

Has anyone been there? In person? Not just on the Internet, like me. This is a bucket list item if ever there was one!

Join me in Vaders_Fist_2, and we could talk bucket lists. Or geography. Or things we love. Or you could just join me, kick pirate butt, and we don't even have to talk.
    Last edited by 38supercomp; 04-18-17 at 01:59 PM.

Member Vaders_Fist_2

I need a ruby sale. Seriously. A huge ruby sale. A spectacular sale. Because I received a very special email today.

One of my books sold enough copies on Amazon last month to earn me a very nice bonus. Ka-Ching!! Amazon has a program every month in which they set aside money to be paid to authors whose books hit certain targets. I was totally surprised that one of my books made it.

A super dooper gigantic ruby sale would be perfect right now.

And I would love some company this weekend. Join Vaders_Fist_2 for the upcoming guild battle and you just might decide to stay on after the event is over.

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Congrats on the good news SC!

Active Member Guybrush Threepwood's Avatar
    Hi, SC, congrats on the book sale. Hope there's more to come! Re Singapore, yes, by all means go visit! Went to touch base with a friend who was working there at that time, and with another friend, we went around together. They do have lovely gardens (among other things), and do include the Botanic Garden on your list. Its special area for orchids alone is worth the trip . Try not to go in summer though since it can get really hot
    I came. I saw. I went.

Congratulations SC on the book sale

Brilliant news on your book SC ��
    TPC - Level 78 Mrs Ripple, Member of the Darkwings
    TPC - Level 60 Raiding Queen, Leader of the Darkraiders PM me if you want to join us or email thedarkraiders@mail.com

Support IDs: 9NQY72WE47 and 6R0HQ92TQC

Help!!!!!!!!!

I need a favor.

Has anyone seen Captain7245? Has he applied to your guild? Is he in your guild?

He is not a member of the forum under that name. I do not know if he will see this. Or if anyone who sees this will know him.

But...............

I want him to contact me.

If you know him, or if he applies to your guild, please tell him to contact me. I can be found at Vaders_Fist_2.

Captain7245, if you see this yourself, please contact me. If you are a forum member, send me a PM here.
    Last edited by 38supercomp; 04-22-17 at 02:48 PM.

Member Vaders_Fist_2

The other day my hubby and I were about to get on I-40. He was driving, as usual. He checked the oncoming traffic, and realized the guy in the right-hand lane was not going to move over to let us on the highway.

Did hubby slow down? Nope. Does any man in that situation? Nope.

Hubby mashed on the gas pedal. I was playing PC on my new iPad. I was enjoying the mobile hot spot aspect of said new iPad.

We were going pretty fast. I looked up and saw the scenery at the side of the road flashing by. I did NOT look over to see how fast we were going. We pulled ahead of the guy who did not want to let us in, and hubby started laughing.

I asked him what was funny.

And he replied: "That jerk wasn't going to let me in so I had to hit 100 in order to get ahead of him."

And I said, "Seriously? We were just going 100 MPH?"

Hubby: "Yes. That's what it took for me to get ahead of him."

Me, shaking my head, wisely did not say anything. I just went back to sinking ships in the battle I was participating in.

The moral of the story: Pray! And bury my nose in my game, or book, or whatever I am doing to keep myself occupied on road trips.

I know that my hubby is a bit of a speed freak when he is behind the wheel. Or when he is on his motorcycles. He once had a bike that had a top speed of 140 on the speedometer. He proudly told me he had buried the needle and it was awesome. Oh, yeah, and he used to drag race just for the fun of it. And I do not look at the speedometer when he does things like that. I just go back to my game and ask our guardian angels to fly faster.

I really would like a few people to join me in Vaders_Fist_2 before the next guild battle. I welcome new friends.

Remember: virtual cake, chocolates and drinks to anyone who joins!

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Things I see every day on my walk before work.

Name:  IMG_0093[1].jpg
Views: 114
Size:  146.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0099[1].jpg
Views: 108
Size:  134.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0110[1].jpg
Views: 109
Size:  13.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0108[1].jpg
Views: 112
Size:  120.3 KB

About 30 years ago I went to our local walking/biking trail and ran the 3 1/2 mile trail. Then a couple of perverts started hanging out at the trail. They went from just "showing" (if you get what I mean) to actually assaulting women. I stopped going there. At the time, I had to be at work earlier than my hubby and we were not able to go to the trail together. I would go in the afternoon after work. One of the perks of working with him is that we ride together every day. We walk together, work together, go home together every evening. Wow, that is a lot of togetherness.

The best part of the morning walk is the time I can spend thinking of stories. Either things I want to post here, or on one of the many other places I post, or for one of my book manuscripts. I tend to be mumbly-grumbly about actually walking, but I thank God every day that I can go walking. I love the idea of it, but practicing it every day is a different thing.

Do I think I will get applicants to my guild from posting things on this thread? No, I realized it will probably not happen. Why do I continue to post?

Some people in the game and on the forum are doctors, nurses, policemen, soldiers, firemen, EMTs, parents and grandparents, truck drivers. Yes, truck drivers are important. Without them we would not have access to all of the "stuff" we surround ourselves with. (My dad was a truck driver.)

I am not one of those people with an important, cool, special or exciting job. But one thing I can do is post something that (hopefully) makes people smile, or think about what I've said.

If someone smiles after reading one of my posts, my job is done.

And who knows, someone might read this and decide to join me. The time to join Vaders_Fist_2 is now! Now, because the versus button is gone.

Oops, the second picture is sideways. The Virginia Spiderwort should not be going sideways. And those are very interesting and special plants. If there is radiation in the air they supposedly turn pink. Since we are about 10 miles from Arkansas Nuclear One, if I get to the walking trail and all of the Spiderworts are PINK, I will kiss my hubby goodbye!
    Last edited by 38supercomp; 04-26-17 at 06:45 AM.

Member Vaders_Fist_2

I really like the Music Murderer Quest Line. You could say I have been responsible for murdering more than my fair share of music over the years.

Seriously, I have taught music to the children at church, and conducted music for our sacrament meetings, but I am not a great singer. I have sung in our church choir, and was flattered when a friend confessed that she liked to sit next to me because I could pitch my voice to anyone's and it was easy to sit next to me.

I even bought some simplified music books and "self-taught" myself to play a few of the songs on the piano. They are the easy-peasy type of books - "Put your right thumb on the third key to the right of middle C, your left thumb next to it, and the right thumb becomes Number 1, etc." And the book shows the ten fingers as 1 - 5 on the right, and -1 through -5 for the left hand. I can do a creditable job of amusing myself on the expensive keyboard my hubby once gave me for Christmas. And while piddling on the pianos at church, I have had people say, "I didn't know you played the piano!"

I always laugh and say, "I don't, but I can fake it." Or, "I don't, I just amuse myself."

The thing about working with the children is, some of them love to sing, some (mostly the little boys) hate to sing, some will do anything to get out of singing, and I could act like a kid myself while trying to cajole them into singing. I have been known to make posters for the songs; get down on my knees in front of the kids and beg them to sing; bribe them with candy, money, small toys; and do everything I could to get them to sing. I have bought small stuffed toys and pretended they were "singing bugs, frogs, fairies" (depending on what I had purchased) and told the shy kids they could hold the "singing helper" if they would sing. I had so much fun doing music with the kids.

Someone whose children and then grandchildren I have worked with told me she figured out why I loved doing it so much. Her idea - that I could act like a kid myself and that I was having as much fun as any of the kids! She knows me very well. I told her to keep my secret because if they knew how much fun it was, everyone would want to do it!

Another really cool thing about the ships in the fleet quest is that in my story about ships with names that start with the letter 'X' I used the word 'xylophone'. Guess which ship I did? Yes, the Xylophone, of course.

Of all the musical instruments available to put on a ship, it is rather fun to have a xylophone. I love words that start with the letter 'X'. There is something fun about saying them. Xylophone. Say it slowly. You can't help but smile. Or at least, it makes me smile.

Today I am smiling. A lot. X y l o p h o n e! S m i l e!

Have a wonderful day.

And join Vaders_Fist_2. We have a lot of fun. Because I really am a fun person. (Most of the time.) And no matter what rumor you might hear, NO, I do NOT have a potty mouth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by 38supercomp; 04-27-17 at 10:39 AM.

Member Vaders_Fist_2

I don't usually read recruitment threads, I'm in a wonderful guild and have no plans to move ever again. But something compelled me to read this one today. I loved it. It brought a smile to my face, a light in my heart and a better attitude to my outlook. Thank you for putting out there something out of the ordinary.

Your guild sounds like a great place to hang out. Good luck with your recruiting.

PS I also took the Xylophone ship. Loved the sound of the name and the look of the ship.
    Last edited by Crazy Tapper; 04-27-17 at 04:09 PM.
    There is no fairness or consistency in TPC; so just because you have it in your cove, it may not be the case for everyone. And just because everyone else has it, doesn't mean you will. Except crashing, everybody has crashing!

I LOVE Studio C. They have quite a few clips on YouTube. One of the funniest involves a pregnant male seahorse. He wants all of the babies names to start with the letter 'Q'. It is rather appropriate for me to post about it, because I would love some ships that start with the letter 'Q'. "The Queen fell into the Quagmire" and all that.

The hardest thing about doing comedy sketches these days is keeping them family-friendly. Too many people think that to be funny means you have to use foul language, and that shock equals humor. I say, nay nay!

(Yes, I stole that from the late John Pinette.)

Studio C - funny, clean family-friendly humor. And really, can you imagine trying to come up with 2,000 names that begin with the letter 'Q'?

And if you start spending time on YouTube watching Studio C, or watching guys on bikes doing insane cross-country and downhill rides, hey, don't blame me. I just put it on here. I am not telling you to go spend your time watching it!

Bet you can't watch just one Studio C clip! Ooooops, I did just tell you to go watch it!

Vaders_Fist_2. Where you can find me in the middle of the night when my insanity, uh, I mean my insomnia, kicks in.

PS: All things in moderation. I am sure I only waste a moderate amount of time on You Tube.

Member Vaders_Fist_2

These should probably be on the Comedy Central thread.

But I want people to look at this thread.

Name:  IMG_6486[1].jpg
Views: 80
Size:  13.2 KB

Name:  IMG_6488[1].jpg
Views: 82
Size:  20.1 KB

Some people still have snow. What is funnier than cats in the snow?

Name:  IMG_6503[1].jpg
Views: 85
Size:  14.2 KB

Name:  IMG_6504[1].jpg
Views: 80
Size:  12.3 KB

Name:  IMG_6505[1].jpg
Views: 78
Size:  15.1 KB

and to answer my own question..................... Dogs in the snow!

Name:  IMG_6506[1].jpg
Views: 77
Size:  16.1 KB

If you read this, join me in my quest for fun, sun, salty breezes, warm trade winds, smooth sailing and victories against various nasty pirates! Join Vaders_Fist_2. We'll trade jokes.

If you really love your guild and do not want to join me, just enjoy a laugh or two. I know you are not laughing at me, you are laughing with me!

Member Vaders_Fist_2

So glad to be a part of your team SC38. It looks like it's going to be a happy place
    Capt_Sortebill with a spelling error 😊

Name:  009.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  123.1 KB

SC's pirate alphabet shall start with the letter 'A' for Adventure.

We had a lot of rain last week. Wednesday and Thursday serious thunderstorms accompanied by high winds and several inches of rain rumbled through the area. Saturday night and early Sunday morning brought more rain.

This is what we found this morning at the walking trail:

Name:  IMG_0125[1].jpg
Views: 67
Size:  117.7 KB

Flooded trails. We managed to get in a 1 1/2 mile walk by being creative and walking along the edge of one of the ponds. Usually people do not use that trail. Only deer. It is a bit overgrown, but if you want to walk, you want to walk, and you do what you need to do to get in your distance.

HELP!!!!!!!!! The photo is right side up on my iPhone. I don't know why it is sideways above. How do I make it come out right side up? I have more pictures, but if they all come out sideways, there is no reason to post them. GRRRRRRRRRR!

Our walk this morning was an adventure.

Name:  005.jpg
Size:  119.3 KB

It was about 42 degrees (F), with winds of about 45 MPH. Fun, fun, fun. NOT!

Name:  012.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  105.2 KB
    Last edited by 38supercomp; 05-01-17 at 06:39 AM.

Member Vaders_Fist_2

I know the solution ... gumboots. I hope that is what it is called in the USA too. Think back to your childhood days of splashing through the puddles in your colorful gumboots. FUN!

My pirate alphabet continues with 'B' for, yes, you guessed it - Boots!

Name:  IMG_6566[1].jpg
Views: 66
Size:  10.3 KB

Name:  IMG_6567[1].jpg
Size:  7.2 KB

Name:  IMG_6568[1].jpg
Views: 70
Size:  7.7 KB

Dress-up boots for playing pirate. Boots for walking in the rain. Boots for riding horses. Boots because, well, just because. 'B' is for Boots!

Name:  IMG_6569[1].jpg
Size:  11.8 KB

Name:  IMG_6570[1].jpg
Views: 65
Size:  8.8 KB

Name:  IMG_6571[1].jpg
Views: 68
Size:  9.8 KB

Name:  IMG_6572[1].jpg
Size:  10.6 KB

Name:  IMG_6573[1].jpg
Size:  12.7 KB

Member Vaders_Fist_2

And the only thing better than boots, is..............

MORE boots.

Name:  IMG_6574[1].jpg
Size:  7.8 KB

Name:  IMG_6575[1].jpg
Views: 65
Size:  7.4 KB

Name:  IMG_6576[1].jpg
Views: 68
Size:  17.2 KB

Name:  IMG_6577[1].jpg
Size:  13.9 KB

Name:  IMG_6578[1].jpg
Size:  16.2 KB

Name:  IMG_6579[1].jpg
Size:  20.4 KB

And if someone would stop spending her money for rubies, she could buy BOOTS!

Join me in my guild, and we could talk boots!

Member Vaders_Fist_2

The letter 'C' in my alphabet is for Costume.

I have three Halloween costumes.

A Clown suit which I made. (Yes, I do occasionally sew.)

A blue M&M, which I also made.

And a Bee suit, which my mother-in-law made for me. The Bee suit is great. It has sparkly yellow deely-bobber antennae on a headband, black shoe coverings, black mittens and a black and yellow striped body. I wear it with black tights, a black long-sleeved tee shirt and a few pillows stuffed into the body. I wore it to a talent show at church one year and did a 10 minute monologue about the life of Bees. I did the whole thing in a high-pitched, sing-song falsetto voice. I held a bouquet of pink and purple silk flowers. Halfway through my presentation, I realized someone was filming it - and I could not tell who was behind the camera. From where I was on the stage, I could see the red light on the camera, but could not see the person behind the camera. This was about 20 years ago, and I am hoping that whoever filmed it has lost the tape, or reused it. I can just see it resurfacing as a throwback Thursday post on Facebook. I'm not on Facebook, but if it sees the light of day I am sure I will hear about it.

I rented a Garfield costume one year and wore it to a Halloween party at a nursing home I volunteered at. I also wore the Garfield costume to a place I had worked at. There were about 40 people working that day, and as I walked around the place handing out candy, people were trying to guess who was in the suit. They tried to get me to talk, but I was too smart for that. Several tried to peel open the Velcro closures at the back of the costume to see if they could recognize my clothing. I swatted their hands away and kept walking. Finally I heard someone call me by name. When someone asked her why she thought it was me, she said, "Who else would do a thing like this?" She knew me very well.

And now you are saying, "Hey, SC, TPC is a pirate game. Who cares about Clowns, and M&Ms and Bees and Garfield?"

Okay, here are some Pirate Costumes.

Name:  IMG_6597[1].jpg
Views: 57
Size:  20.2 KB

(I thought about putting up a few sexy female pirates, or a few good-looking hunky men, but I am trying to be a good girl here. Which is hard for me, because my inclination is to be a bit naughty and push the envelope.)

Vaders_Fist_2. A great place to be, and the place to pirate along side SC! Join me in Vaders_Fist_2. A guild with heart. The best guild out there! (IMHO)

Member Vaders_Fist_2

What should the letter 'D' stand for in my pirate alphabet?

Deck? Every ship has one.

Dock? Every ship needs one.

Nope!

Hmmmmmmm. Thinking cap on. Thinking, thinking, thinking.................

I've got it!

DOG!

I need a big, mean DOG!

Because..............................

Name:  IMG_6598[1].jpg
Views: 50
Size:  20.2 KB

These are in my cove every day. My cove is infested with these black cat ships. Half a dozen of them every day! I need a DOG!

Name:  IMG_6672[1].jpg
Size:  19.5 KB

Name:  IMG_6673[1].jpg
Views: 47
Size:  14.7 KB

Name:  IMG_6674[1].jpg
Size:  20.5 KB

Now, you did not seriously think I would post a picture of a snarling, mean dog did you?

Hahahaaaahahahahaaahhhhaaaaaaa!

Nope, not me. I love dogs. And I love some of the breeds which are supposedly naturally 'mean'. One of the sweetest dogs I was ever around was a Pit Bull. My vet once told me he would rather work on a Pit Bull or any breed of so-called mean dogs than my male Dachshund. That little dog bit the vet three times, drawing blood each time. He almost bit him a few more times, but the vet was quicker than the dog those times. I could not believe how nasty that dog could be at the vet's office.

And may I just say:

May the fourth, force or fork be with you.

Name:  IMG_6668[1].jpg
Size:  10.9 KB

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast