Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaders_fist

Vaders_fist

Okay, where do I start?

Deep breath. Breathe in and out. Once more, breathe in and out.

I did something today that has me totally in a spin.

I left the 501st.

Yes. I left the only guild I have ever been in, ever wanted to be in. 18 months of battling with them and I hit the leave guild button.

Whaaaaaaaat?!!!??

I can hear the sound echoing around the world.

Seriously, my friends, I hit the leave guild button and joined another guild.

My leader, my friend, my brother, Disneyfreak, wanted a break from battling. Hey, the guy has a wife and 6 kids. Yes, 6! I have seen pictures of them. Cute wife, cute kids.

I could not let him sail off into the weeds by himself. I joined him in the new guild, Vaders_fist. Someone has to keep the guy in check. He is a wild man when left to himself. Haha! (No, he isn't. But I love him like a brother, a younger brother, and you all know what that means. I get to tease him, and treat him like a pest, just like any loving older sister would.)

I will now be posting my stories, pictures, recruitment entreaties, etc. on this thread. I hope if my posts on my old thread amused you, that you will follow me here as well.

I hope any of you who commented on my old thread will feel comfortable posting here as well. I have made some wonderful friends in the game, on the forum and in the tavern. Friends that I want to stay in touch with. AND there are opportunities to make new friends as well.

Vaders_Fist. Keep us in mind if you are looking for a guild to join. Or if you know anyone who is looking.

Watch this thread for new stories, pictures and the same kind of zaniness and weirdness I always seem to find!
    The very fact of snow is such an amazement.
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Okay, I took care of some business. I changed my signature to reflect my new status in my new guild. And put in a quote from one of my all-time favorite actresses. Bette Davis was an original, a terrific actress, and a woman who was not afraid to speak her mind. They don't make them like her any more. She could cut a person down with a few well-chosen words. Some of her quotes about Joan Crawford are legendary put-downs.

I want to say that my above post reflected the angst I was feeling as I left my former guild. But I want to make it clear that I was in no way knocking them, putting them down or saying a disparaging word abut them. I love my 501st family. It was hard to leave them and go to the sister guild, but I really think it will be a good thing.

Now, having said that, I have to tell you that I want you to join Vaders_Fist. If you don't join and fill our guild up, I will just keep posting on here. And posting. And posting.
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Now selling pearl jewelry from my stash of valuable white pearls.

Name:  IMG_5953[1].jpg
Views: 473
Size:  13.7 KB

Name:  IMG_5954[1].jpg
Views: 458
Size:  21.0 KB

Name:  IMG_5955[1].jpg
Views: 458
Size:  11.8 KB

Name:  IMG_5956[1].jpg
Views: 479
Size:  14.0 KB

Name:  IMG_5957[1].jpg
Views: 462
Size:  12.2 KB
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Quote Originally Posted by 38supercomp View Post
    Bette Davis was an original, a terrific actress, and a woman who was not afraid to speak her mind. They don't make them like her any more.
    Liz did a take on one of her classic lines. Funny, but when I think of that line, my mind plays the 'Virginia Woolf' version instead of Bette's delivery...lol.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NlKO5agb9Wg
    "But, time will tell, of stars that fell
    A million years ago.
    Memories can never take you back, home, sweet home.
    You can never go home anymore."

salmo, I also love the 'Virginia Woolf' version. Liz was another awesome actress.
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

These are a few of my favorite things:

Name:  IMG_5819[1].jpg
Views: 433
Size:  19.7 KB

Walking in the woods.

Name:  IMG_5893[1].jpg
Views: 427
Size:  9.3 KB

Teddy Bears. And the color purple.

Name:  IMG_5987[1].jpg
Views: 435
Size:  20.1 KB

Not lazing about in the sun. The smurfs!

Name:  IMG_5988[1].jpg
Views: 429
Size:  16.1 KB

Horses. Any breed, any color.

Name:  IMG_5989[1].jpg
Views: 417
Size:  18.7 KB

Name:  IMG_5990[1].jpg
Views: 435
Size:  18.3 KB

Name:  IMG_5991[1].jpg
Views: 422
Size:  14.5 KB
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Cakes. And cupcakes. And giant cupcakes.

Name:  IMG_5993[1].jpg
Views: 425
Size:  11.6 KB

Name:  IMG_5992[1].jpg
Views: 424
Size:  15.4 KB

Name:  IMG_5994[1].jpg
Views: 423
Size:  12.5 KB

Name:  IMG_5995[1].jpg
Size:  7.9 KB

Tea pots. And tea cups. I only drink herbal teas, no caffeine. And I do not collect tea pots. Or cups. But I love to look at them.

Name:  IMG_5996[1].jpg
Views: 421
Size:  15.4 KB

Name:  IMG_5997[1].jpg
Size:  11.3 KB

If I lived by myself I would fill my house with tea pots and cups and all sorts of things I do not need but love. I would be that weird old lady in the spooky house full of unnecessary things.
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Longtime Tapper
    Is it just the two of you in the guild? If so, you're both welcome to come and join us at Coveville. We do take part in the battles but there's no pressure and we chat plenty and are mainly there to have fun.

I'm sure you'll have no problem filling your guild up but the offer is there is you do fancy joining us.

Cheers

Puppies and kittens.

Name:  IMG_5998[1].jpg
Size:  12.4 KB

Name:  IMG_5999[1].jpg
Views: 424
Size:  13.7 KB

Please spay and neuter pets. There are too many strays running around everywhere in the world.

Flowers. All types and colors. The more the better.

Name:  IMG_6001[1].jpg
Views: 426
Size:  19.9 KB

Name:  IMG_6002[1].jpg
Size:  19.9 KB

Name:  IMG_6003[1].jpg
Size:  20.3 KB

Fruit. There are only a few that I have tried that I don't like. And I will never tell which ones I don't like. Don't want to give any of them a bad reputation.

Name:  IMG_6004[1].jpg
Views: 431
Size:  11.1 KB

Name:  IMG_6005[1].jpg
Views: 418
Size:  20.8 KB
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Why am I posting all of this?

If someone is going to join me in Vaders_Fist, I think you should know a bit about me. If you have already read my previous recruiting thread, you know a bit already. But there is so much more! Trust me, there is more!

With the event changing from Individual to Guild Battle, and the lock-out already in place, you can't join me this weekend. But there is always next time!

I am talkative, interested in books, love to learn by exploring on the Internet and by trying new things in RL, and open to having new friends join me in Vaders_Fist!
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Name:  IMG_0656[1].jpg
Views: 434
Size:  153.3 KB

Red Clover. This is growing in the ditch in front of our shop. The state of Arkansas plants it along roadsides when they do any work on the roads. It is great for stabilizing fresh dirt, and very pretty to boot.

Name:  IMG_0661[1].jpg
Views: 441
Size:  116.6 KB

A scruffy tree? I can hear you asking that question. Well, yes, I do love trees. But what I really love is the color of new leaves against a cloudless blue sky. That green against blue gets me every time!

I have to go pick up my new iPad now.

Yay! New iPad. Faster! Gold in color! No cracked screen! Yippee-skippee!

Join Vaders_Fist and let's get to know one another!
    Last edited by 38supercomp; 04-07-17 at 07:40 AM.
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Grrrrr! New iPad is not gold! No gold iPads delivered to store! It is metallic silver! I wanted the GOLD!

But it is lots faster! And no cracked screen!

Join Vaders_Fist. I know lots of dumb jokes. Virtual cake free to anyone who joins!
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Quote Originally Posted by 38supercomp View Post
    Grrrrr! New iPad is not gold! No gold iPads delivered to store! It is metallic silver! I wanted the GOLD!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  77.1 KB
    "But, time will tell, of stars that fell
    A million years ago.
    Memories can never take you back, home, sweet home.
    You can never go home anymore."

Oooooh, thanks for the gold paint. I love it! And my hubby is ROFL!
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Update on my new iPad. And my new guild.

I am almost 200 points over my best personal score ever! With two battles left to fight. New iPad has proved that silver is as good as gold! And with personal Wi-Fi hot spot, I can fight while hubby drives when we do errands. Yes, I fought two battles Saturday while we were out running errands. No arguing with hubby - Me - "wait a minute! Just let me sink one more ship!"
    Hubby - "the bus is leaving now!" Accompanied by stink eye! Or he is sitting in the car honking the horn and fuming!

Guild update - with 6 members and having decided not to push ourselves, we are in 37th place on our board. I know, we are so far behind first place we can't even see their wake. But I think we are doing good for a brand-new guild. With a few more members, who knows how far we could go.

Match #22, just concluded an hour ago. We fought Geezers. I kept saying, "don't make me fight our Around the World quest-giver's namesake, don't make me fight our quest-giver's namesake." It did not work. I had to fight her twice. Sorry. I did not want to do it, but I had to. And in a shout-out to Geezers, they beat us.

I should not praise other guilds in my recruiting thread, but there it is. I appreciate the efforts everyone puts into fighting for their guild.

Having said that, if you are thinking of making a change, joining your first guild, tired of fighting every weekend and thinking of taking a break, JOIN Vaders_Fist! I slept through a few matches and did not feel guilty! I am having a ball. Seriously, I would love to have some company in my new guild. You can relax, take it easy if that is what you are looking for. You can go (cannon)balls to the walls if you want to. You can outscore me and be the MVP if that is your aim. We are open for business. Funny business, monkey business, pirate business.

Virtual cake, coffee, drinks of your choice, brownies (with or without) and flowers to anyone who joins.

PS: that is with or without NUTS in case you have heard rumors.
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Arkansas has lots of trees and bushes with thorns.

Name:  IMG_0070.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  136.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0069.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  130.9 KB

The first one has humongous thorns that can pierce the sole of your shoe if you step on them. I know this because I stepped on one when we first moved here. I limped for weeks before it healed.

The second one has flowers that smell nice, thorns like rose thorns that also hurt for weeks if you get scratched by them. Butterflies and bees love the white flowers on the second tree.

Join Vaders_Fist and we can talk trees!
    Last edited by 38supercomp; 04-10-17 at 02:22 PM.
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

The final battle was very aggravating. Every time a ship came up to fight it seemed to be Snake! ARRRRGHHHHHH!

In real life, I am pretty easy going about snakes. I don't bother them as long as they don't bother me. But for three hours today, I kept shouting, "Not Snake again!" And I kept smashing his ships, and he just kept coming back again and again and again.

Actually, I had to laugh when I saw the name - Snake Plissken was the main character in Escape From New York. And having someone use the name in TPC is kind of cool. It is a good name for a pirate.

Snake notwithstanding, I scored a personal best this event. And I am darn proud of myself. 1,560 points may not be much to some of the heavy hitters in the game, but it is a lot for me.

Join Vaders_Fist and see if you can score a personal best.
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Hahaha SC! Snakes are everywhere!

Vader likes snakes...
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  13.9 KB

Awesome score!!!
    Officer of Thedarkwings

A few pictures of horses at play. Yes, horses love to play. They will run and jump when loose in a field, and look much like children at play. And they also stomp on alligators occasionally.

Name:  IMG_6001[1].jpg
Views: 340
Size:  17.7 KB

Name:  IMG_5998[1].jpg
Views: 341
Size:  10.8 KB

Name:  IMG_5999[1].jpg
Views: 352
Size:  17.3 KB

Name:  IMG_6002[1].jpg
Views: 353
Size:  12.7 KB

Name:  IMG_6004[1].jpg
Views: 351
Size:  16.7 KB

Name:  IMG_6006[1].jpg
Views: 355
Size:  17.4 KB

The last picture is from Florida. Several horses were grazing in a park and the gator walked part way across the berm when one of the horses decided to go after it. No horses or gators were actually hurt in the attack. You've just gotta' love the horse's spirit though. It went after the gator and stomped on it a few times.

Why did I post this? Because I love horses. To keep my recruiting thread active. And because I can!

Join me in Vaders_Fist.
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Okay, sad face emoji is gone. Yesterday was a bit depressing and it suited my mood. But today I am back to my sort-of-cheerful self. New day, new picture. The daisy actually has a little black and yellow bug on it. Since I posted about Giant Beetles taking over the cove on the Player Ideas for Ships thread, I thought it was cool that when I snapped the daisy picture a little bug was on it.

Name:  IMG_0091[1].jpg
Views: 319
Size:  6.1 KB

Daisies are truly special. They grow along waysides, highways, in fields and just about everywhere in Arkansas. They also grew in my home town in Connecticut. Here they are considered pesky weeds. I say a weed is just a plant we have forgotten how to use. When I was a child I loved to pick them and put them in jars of water with a few drops of food color in the water and dye them. Daisies and Queen Anne's Lace. And I made daisy chains and daisy crowns and necklaces and bracelets. Oh, to be a kid again and have those long carefree days of summer back again!

Join me and we can reminisce about our childhoods. Or not. I am open to talking to people from all over the world, at any time of the day or night. With my insomnia I am often up in the middle of the night. I am just a chat away!

Vaders_Fist. The place to be to talk to SC!
    Last edited by 38supercomp; 04-14-17 at 01:25 PM.
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

I am watching the new Dr. Who episode. I have been watching Dr. Who for years. Decades, actually. I have not seen all of it, but have seen episodes from all of the Doctors. I wasn't sure I would like Peter Capaldi as the Doctor but I must admit he has grown on me.
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Name:  IMG_6047[1].jpg
Views: 303
Size:  16.7 KB
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

While I am trying to recruit people to join me, others are trying to recruit me to join them! I am flattered that anyone wants me to join them.

Cheers, mates. Oh, wait, I should have a beer to post with that.

Not being a drinker, it took a minute or two to find a beer!

Name:  IMG_6062[1].jpg
Views: 299
Size:  20.1 KB

Name:  IMG_6063[1].jpg
Views: 282
Size:  17.1 KB
    Last edited by 38supercomp; 04-16-17 at 05:47 PM.
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Sparkly ships! Just what I like. And no mermaid ship. I rarely get them and am relieved not to see it in the list.

We also need some serious ships. Serious kick-butt pirate-pleasing ships. Someone ought to come up with a story about that type of ship. Fierce ships, to please the meanest pirate sailing the seas and make the crews on the sparkly ships quake in their sparkly outfits. Pirate ships that Jack Sparrow and Blackbeard and pirates such as actually roamed the oceans once upon a time might have sailed! Pirate ships a captain could sail proudly into battle, knowing he or she was the baddest of the bad!

No kids would dare come aboard the ships I speak of. No honeymooning couples. No retirees' cruise ships be these ships! Fierce ships, with captains called Snake or Sharkey or Mean Jim or Treacherous Tom or such.

Ships whose captain would make any sailor who mentioned the words sparkles or cake or purple walk the plank in shark-infested waters!

Okay, I know what you are all thinking.

SC has flipped her lid, gone bonkers, sailed round the bend into insanity, gone rouge, lost her marbles! Yep! You would be right.

Join me in my insane little corner of the world? There is always room for one more! Or in this case, several more!
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

See you in the near future!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast