Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Vaders_fist

If the letter for today was 'G', I would praise my Generator. My power is out again, because we are having severe thunderstorms and high winds again. But I have a Generator that is large enough to power my whole house. Yay? Praise be for Generators! But today's letter is not 'G', it is 'T'.

I did give a hint in my earlier post. No, as I said, not TEAM, although I do like my team, and would love to find more people to join me.

'T' is for TIME.

If you know Dr. Who, you know he is a Time Lord. He travels through time and space. He can travel anywhere, and emerge in any time period. I am a big Dr. Who fan. Who wouldn't want a TARDIS to travel through time and space in? Remember, it is bigger on the inside than on the outside. Awesome time traveling vehicle.

But unfortunately, we cannot travel through time and space like Dr. Who.

For us, Time only marches in one direction. There are only so many hours in a day. Our time is precious. How we choose to spend our time matters.

Do we waste time playing games like TPC? I do. Or is it a waste?

I have met so many people I consider friends that I do not feel my time spent in the game is wasted.

I love talking to people from around the world and learning about them. Some of us share big things and small things from our daily lives.

I have met talented artists, story tellers whose abilities to tell a story rival and surpass my pathetic talents in that direction, cartoonists who amaze and amuse me, computer nerds and geeks who can create awesome and beautiful avatars and who have generously created avatars for me to use. No offense to those people. Calling you a computer geek/nerd is a compliment.

I have laughed with, cried with, loved, prayed with and for, people I am honored to have met and talked to. I continue to make friends because of this game. We may never meet in person, but I am glad to have spent Time with you.

Win or lose in battle against you, I salute all of you who spend your Time playing TPC.

Now put down your device and go outside! Or go hug someone who is in the room, house, apartment or building with you. Go out to breakfast, lunch or dinner with someone in your real life.

Time. The one thing we never have enough of. The one thing all of us might choose to change, to live over, if we could.

I often hear people say, "I wish I could go back to being..... 18 or 21". Not me. I would not go back even if I could. I like where I am in my life. I am old enough to know that life is precious. Yeah, I have a few wrinkles and grey hair, but at this stage of my life, I am happy with who I am.

I choose how to spend my Time, and for the most part I am okay with how I manage it. I live in a rural area, and do not have to suffer through traffic jams, long commutes to work, no busses or trains to deal with. I watch Dr. Who and Investigation Discovery to see who is murdering whom, and I play TPC while doing both. I have a boss who is pretty easy to get along with, and I can play TPC at work. I have a new iPad with it's own mobile hot spot, and I can play TPC in the car as long as my hubby is driving. Life is good.

Join me in Vaders_Fist_2 after the current event is over, and we can spend some Time together.

Virtual cupcakes provided to anyone who joins us!
    Last edited by 38supercomp; 05-20-17 at 08:42 AM.
    "You remind me of a poem I can't remember, a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." Abe Simpson

Member Vaders_Fist_2

My pirate alphabet is up to the letter 'U'.

Hmmm, umbrella? Nope. I never use them. Even when it is pouring rain, I do not use umbrellas.

Unicorn? I love unicorns. But no, I have another word in mind.

And I'll bet no one could guess what it is.

The word is probably not even an acceptable word in most dictionaries. I did not look it up. Because, the people of Portland, Oregon will know exactly who I am referring to.

Unipiper.

A combination of unicyclist and bagpiper.

My spell check did not like the word Unipiper.

But I love the guy. I would love to go to Portland and see and hear him in person. Good thing there is YouTube!

Name:  IMG_7151[1].jpg
Views: 96
Size:  19.8 KB

I do okay on my bicycle. I can only imagine what would happen if I tried to ride a unicycle. Broken bones, teeth knocked out, black and blue bruises all over. I shudder to think of it.

This guy rides a unicycle and plays the bagpipes. I LOVE bagpipe music.

And he does it wearing a kilt. And his bagpipes shoot flames! He also clears snow from the driveway!

Name:  IMG_7149[1].jpg
Views: 97
Size:  14.2 KB

And this is what he does for fun when he is not on his unicycle.

Name:  IMG_7150[1].jpg
Views: 100
Size:  18.9 KB

The YouTube clip shows him run towards the ball, jump on it and balance on it while he plays the bagpipes. I would tell you to go on YouTube and check out the Unipiper, but I do not want to encourage anyone to waste their time looking at things I think are fascinating that might not appeal to anyone else.

For the letter 'U', I give you the world famous Unipiper!

PS: yesterday between matches, I went out into the real world. Gasp! I put my device down and went grocery shopping, to the hardware store, to get our mail, and hubby and I went to a new Mexican restaurant for lunch. La Plaza just opened in town a few weeks ago. I had the best cheese-stuffed Poblano ever! It is one of the first things I will order when we try a new Mexican restaurant. It is an easy dish for a good cook to make, but it can also be a bad dish if not done right. And it was great! It is hard to find authentic Mexican food here in Arkansas. Most of what we find is Tex-Mex, or someone's idea of Mexican food. I do not eat at chains that claim they serve Mexican food. I go to the little Mom and Pop type places. I like to support small businesses, and not the big chain restaurants.

I love to try new foods. Join me in Vaders_Fist_2, and we can talk about our favorite foods.
    "You remind me of a poem I can't remember, a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." Abe Simpson

Member Vaders_Fist_2

The letter 'V' is clamoring for attention today.

'V' suggested quite a few words to me over the last few days. Violin, vest, Vespa motorbike, van, volcano, vase, verb, valley, vegetables, vines, village, vowels and Vader all wanted to be it!

Remember playing tag and not wanting to be it?

I thought about words that start with 'V' and I chose two. Neither of them is on the list above.

The first word is Verbena.

Verbena is a favorite flower of mine.

Name:  IMG_7209[1].jpg
Views: 89
Size:  18.0 KB

Name:  IMG_7211[1].jpg
Views: 92
Size:  20.5 KB

Name:  IMG_7211[1].jpg

Name:  IMG_7210[1].jpg
Views: 94
Size:  20.0 KB

And Violets. What more can one say about Violets except that they exist. Violets are small, hardy, ask no special treatment, are not fussy about where they will grow, and brighten my day whenever and wherever I see them.

Name:  IMG_7212[1].jpg
Size:  21.0 KB

Name:  IMG_7213[1].jpg
Views: 89
Size:  17.7 KB

Name:  IMG_7215[1].jpg
Views: 87

Name:  IMG_7216[1].jpg
Views: 88
Size:  16.6 KB

Join me in Vaders_Fist_2 after the event is over and we can talk about flowers. The world needs more flowers.

And remember, weeds are plants that we have forgotten have value, or are just growing in the wrong place! Plants people consider weeds often have beautiful flowers.

And yes, I realize I posted one picture twice. But it is time to go fight.
    Last edited by 38supercomp; 05-22-17 at 07:02 AM.

Member Vaders_Fist_2

The letter for today is 'W'. Ah, wonderful 'W'.

There are so many words for 'W'.

I have decided on a little word play this morning.

'W' could be for Weather. Or Whether. Or Wether.

All pronounced the same, but spelled differently.

Weather is the study of atmospheric conditions. A description of the condition outside at any time of the day.

Your perfect Weather may not be my perfect Weather. I have a friend who goes to the Gulf Shores, in Alabama, every year for vacation. He goes in July or August. He and his wife love to sit on the beach in the hottest part of the summer. That is definitely NOT my idea of fun! I do not believe in sitting on a beach in July or August baking my brains out.

Whether is a defined as a word used to introduce an alternative. It offers alternative possibilities, or asks an indirect question involving stated or implied possibilities.

Wether is a neutered male sheep. Specifically one which has been neutered before it reaches the age of sexual maturity.

I have decided on a simple story to use all three words.

The weather was frightful. It was pouring down rain, and I had an appointment at my vet's office to have some lambs neutered. I debated whether or not to cancel the appointment, but decided to make the dash through the rain to load the lambs into the truck and take them to the vet. Two hours later, I unloaded the wethers from the truck and dashed into the house to drink a cup of peppermint tea.

Whether or not you read this and smile, or read this and groan aloud, there are only 3 letters left to my alphabet. I wonder how many of you will be glad when I finish, or if you will want more.

Please hug your families today, and tell them that you love them. If they live far away, text them, call them, or email them and tell them that you love them. Pray for our friends in Manchester, England. We are all in this world together. Love one another. It is the only answer.

Member Vaders_Fist_2

The letter for today is 'X'.

If you have been following my posts, you know I asked for a line of ships whose names began with the letter 'X'. And we have them. I used quite a few 'X' words in those posts. Did you wonder if I would run out of words that start with 'X'?

Nope.

Here is a word that I really like. It did not make it into my 'X' quest query, but I am glad I saved it to feature it today.

(Notice I used quest and query, two lovely words that start with 'Q'. We still need ships with 'Q' names, IMHO.)

Sorry, I get distracted easily. Back to 'X' and the word for today.

Xylography. Great word. It comes from the Greek word Xulos, meaning 'wood'.

Xylography is the art of engraving on wood or printing from woodblocks.

My hubby and I have a friend who has an old fashioned printing press. He retired from our local university a few years ago. He spent over 20 years as the Band Director. He plays the tuba. After he retired, he decided he needed a hobby. He found the old printing press at a yard sale and purchased it. And learned how to use it by going on the Internet and reading about printing with woodblocks.

He has sets of woodblocks which he buys online, or finds at flea markets. He has more than a few sets of alphabet blocks, and has learned to cut his own. Every year he designs a Christmas card which he then prints off. He uses stories of his own life experiences to make the cards more special.

One year, his wife found some plants she liked at a plant sale. She thought the little tag said the plants would grow to 6" tall. Because she did not have her glasses on, she did not realized the plants would actually grow to 6' tall. There is a big difference between a 6 inch and a 6 foot tall plant. She planted about a dozen of them in one of the planters along the driveway, thinking they would be small, compact, cute plants. And the plants grew, and grew, and grew! Her husband cut his own woodblock in the shape of the flower and used it for the front of the card one year. He printed up the story inside the card. It was funny, heartwarming, and a real life experience which they could both laugh at. With the card, all their friends knew the story, and we could all share that moment with them.

My friend practices Xylography. His home made Christmas cards are a highlight of the Christmas season for me. I look forward to getting one every year. He delivers it personally to me at work, and we discuss the story behind the picture.

Xylography. A lovely word for what might be a dying art. Today, people usually don't want simple cards printed from hand-cut woodblocks and printed on an old-fashioned printing press. We want glossy, mass-produced cards. Something we run to the local store and grab off a card rack. I am awed at my friend who does things the old-fashioned way.

And I think it is wonderful that he has found such a cool hobby.

Vaders_Fist_2. A guild where I can tell you funny stories, dumb jokes and you can share my slightly warped, off-beat sense of humor and view of life.

Xylographers of the world, I salute you!

Member Vaders_Fist_2

And I want to take you back to the letter B.

B for bullet, a beautiful bullet boat. Ok, I could have said ship, but boat fits the B theme better.

Today we got offered a boat and I don't know if PG did it intentionally or not, but a 38supercomp is a calibre of bullet.i think this one is for you SC.

I hope the boatswain of the Bullet don't bludgeon me for this.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  10.2 KB

Before I get to the letter 'Y', let me say, YES, I bought the Rainbow Bullet. I had to. A bullet ship - when my game name is a bullet caliber. A female captain - when I have been asking for female captains. And it is a really cool ship. Yes, I bought it!

Now, on to 'Y'.

I thought about using the word Ypsilliform. Which means having the shape of a 'Y', and in scientific terms, "similar in appearance to the germinal spot of a ripe egg."

Or possibly Ytterbic. Which is "related to or containing Ytterbium, a soft bright silvery element of the Lanthanide series. Used in portable X-ray machines, and in solar panels, among other uses."

I even thought of Yezdegerdian. Which is "of or pertaining to Yezdegerd, the last Sassanian monarch of Persia, circa ad 632."

But I came up with a perfect word for 'Y'.

Yappy.

I do not like small dogs. People seem to have a thing for Yorkshire Terriers around here. Yorkies sell for hundreds of dollars. I do not care for them. Every Yorkie I have ever seen has been Yappy. I am not going to pay hundreds of dollars for a Yappy Yorkie.

On the other hand, I am sure there are people who would apply the term Yappy to me.

Hmmmm, I do post a lot on the forum. And I post elsewhere as well. I am in several chat groups, and I like to talk to people.

Yappy. The word might suit me as well as it suits Yorkies.

Join me in Vaders_Fist_2. I promise I will not yap your ear off in game chat.

If I can fill Vaders up with players, I will stop posting on here. We have some great players, and we are waiting for a few more to join us.

I do let all of them have their say in game chat, and in our Line group. Really, I do let everyone talk.

Member Vaders_Fist_2

The last letter in my pirate alphabet is 'Z'. And the choice was easy.

Zippy.

Our hero. The guy we all want in our coves. The world traveler, the guy who defends our coves against demons.

Zippy. Man of legend and silly stories.

Zippy sailed his zebec to Zanzibar. Wait a minute, you say. Zebec is spelled xebec. Guess what? It can be spelled either way.

Back to Zippy. Zippy sailed to Zanzibar carrying a cargo of zippers, zebras, antique Zouave uniforms, zircons and zithers. He zig-zagged along, his sails filled by the zephyr winds. He ate fried zucchini, and put lemon zest on it for a touch of flavor. His zodiac chart told him to beware of making rash decisions. His map told him he was in danger of sailing through a zombie zone, but Zippy laughs at danger. He told his crew that if zombies attacked, he would fight them zealously. And that he had a new weapon which fired zinc bullets. Zippy had heard that zinc bullets would kill zombies.

Zippy. Our hero. And a fitting end to my pirate alphabet.

PS... I actually have a zither. I learned how to play a few songs on it. Christmas songs mostly. They sound totally different played on a zither.

I have room for a few more fans of Zippy in Vaders_Fist_2. Join me and we can make up Zippy stories.

Have a nice day and good luck to everyone in the points event.

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Why join Vaders_Fist_2?

Are you in a small guild? Joining us gives strength in numbers. We are a guild of 14. Join us and we will get stronger together.

Shovel quests go by much more quickly with a larger guild.

Are you playing outside a guild? I did that for a long time. Then I joined a guild and found out just how much fun it can be to belong to a guild.

We are from several time zones. Some in the US, some outside the US. With more players, we can cover more time zones during guild battles. And still let some people sleep. Or work. Or do whatever it is you want to do at whatever time of day it is for you.

Joining, or merging with, us is a win-win situation.

Free virtual food, drinks, puppies and kittens to anyone who joins us.

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234