Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Complaint Department

Complaint Department

I just watched videos for rubies. I do not mind watching short ads and getting a ruby for watching them. I do not even mind having to travel between the main cove and Asgard to watch them. I usually get 15 a day. 5 to 8 in main cove, and the rest in Asgard.

But, tonight, something new and annoying happened. After the first three ads, a YouTube video came up. I watched it. It was for Vodka, I think. After it ended the little x came up in the upper right corner of my screen, and I tapped the x. And ........
    No ruby. Okay, I tapped the ruby in the upper right corner, prepared to watch another ad. Up popped the same YouTube video. I watched it. Again. And, again, received no reward.

I watched 13 regular ads, mostly a girl with a large drink and a straw, and the two YouTube videos. I received 13 rubies. If the YouTube video ads do not pay rubies, why are they in the mix?

My first complaint for my new complaint department is this: if I am watching ads for videos, I want the reward. If YouTube video ads do not give a ruby reward, I do not want to watch them.
    "You remind me of a poem I can't remember, a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." Abe Simpson

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Someone at CB had those ads. They finally tried NOT playing the video. If they waited 30 seconds, they could close out the "x" and get a ruby. Might try that
    Officer, CoastBusters
    "There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. ― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows

Hi,
    Does anyone know why my game might be crashing and unable to load? I should have enough space, so I do not understand it.
    And yes, I "tried turning it off and then on again."
    ;-)

Unfortunately, we do not choose the ads that are shown. That is down to the ad provider. However, I will pass on the misbehavior of the YouTube ads to the team. It is possible that they can be turned off if this continues to be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by 38supercomp View Post
    I just watched videos for rubies. I do not mind watching short ads and getting a ruby for watching them. I do not even mind having to travel between the main cove and Asgard to watch them. I usually get 15 a day. 5 to 8 in main cove, and the rest in Asgard.

But, tonight, something new and annoying happened. After the first three ads, a YouTube video came up. I watched it. It was for Vodka, I think. After it ended the little x came up in the upper right corner of my screen, and I tapped the x. And ........
    No ruby. Okay, I tapped the ruby in the upper right corner, prepared to watch another ad. Up popped the same YouTube video. I watched it. Again. And, again, received no reward.

I watched 13 regular ads, mostly a girl with a large drink and a straw, and the two YouTube videos. I received 13 rubies. If the YouTube video ads do not pay rubies, why are they in the mix?

My first complaint for my new complaint department is this: if I am watching ads for videos, I want the reward. If YouTube video ads do not give a ruby reward, I do not want to watch them.
    Arlene (yes, the one from support )

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly_White View Post
    Hi,
    Does anyone know why my game might be crashing and unable to load? I should have enough space, so I do not understand it.
    And yes, I "tried turning it off and then on again."
    ;-)
    Hi Lilly,

Could you please send in a ticket to https://pocketgems.zendesk.com and include your support ID so that I can troubleshoot this for you? Make the ticket ATT Arlene and it will find its way to my inbox. Thanks!
    Arlene (yes, the one from support )

Arlene,

Thank you. I have not seen that ad again. If I do, I will try what Tide suggested. Today my ads ran smoothly and I had my 15 done with no problems.
    "You remind me of a poem I can't remember, a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." Abe Simpson

Member Vaders_Fist_2

I cant watch video's for 3 days now��

I was just spinning for keys. The first three spins each gave me 10 white pearls. Usually I would change mermaids at this point, but I decided to stick with the one I was on just to see how many WP spins I would get. And........................

Ta Da!

A new record!

14 out of 20 spins gave me white pearls! Sheesh! That is ridiculous.

And when I hit the free spin, I received a whole 11 keys. Phooey.

My complaint is as always: too many white pearls, too few keys.

Member Vaders_Fist_2

+ 10,000!!!

And I bet each 10 cost 1.22 billion coins..... Expensive pearls!!
    Nothing ventured....

Longtime Tapper
    Quote Originally Posted by 38supercomp View Post
    I was just spinning for keys. The first three spins each gave me 10 white pearls. Usually I would change mermaids at this point, but I decided to stick with the one I was on just to see how many WP spins I would get. And........................

Ta Da!

A new record!

14 out of 20 spins gave me white pearls! Sheesh! That is ridiculous.

And when I hit the free spin, I received a whole 11 keys. Phooey.

My complaint is as always: too many white pearls, too few keys.

In programmation, having real random result is difficult. The random generation number is based on a calculation. To start the process of calculation, a first number is pick up based on various factors. We call 'seed' the number used to make the calculation. Sometime with a specific seed, the results tend to be always the same. Then, if you get white pearls very often with the mermaid, the seed is probably a 'bad seed'. Change the mermaid (or log out and login) in order to have a different 'germ'. By doing it you can get better results.
    Damedesetoiles/Ladyofthestars
    Officer of TPCPirates

Dame, the actual complaint is that her mermaid payout is very bad. There are way too many white pearls in the payouts no matter what level you are.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

I to am having problems with collecting rubies,, t use to be 20 somethingrubies yyocan collect in a 24 hour period, now it's down to 8 or 10 1 team mate is only able to collect 3 rubies a any now.

I haven't got one ad Ruby for weeks!

Hope all who are getting 1 and above should feel better now!!

Wow...how lucky I am,got 1 every day

Charlie, you crack me up!

No, just no! We do not want guild battles every weekend.
    Please don't do this to us....
    There is no fairness or consistency in TPC; so just because you have it in your cove, it may not be the case for everyone. And just because everyone else has it, doesn't mean you will. Except crashing, everybody has crashing!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Tapper View Post
    No, just no! We do not want guild battles every weekend.
    Please don't do this to us....
    +10,000

CT said it perfectly!

Member Vaders_Fist_2

I really hope that this is just another mistake in the weekly quest... This just can't be true. We definitely don't want a guild battle every weekend!
    Leader of CrazyCanucks3

If it is true, which I fear it is based on the dates (which I and no one else noticed on last week's mega quest last week matched for a guild battle,even though it initially said individual), then PG should award all players 1,000 rubies for the pain and suffering inflicted on us by the current guild battle. 3 in a row isn't the way to get the schedule back on track.
    Cannoncrusher guild leader.

Just a tiny quester.

Talk about taking the fun out of this game. Three guild battles in a row. Not the best plan. Still waiting for this to be a mistake.
    Time for new horizons

Wow, I just shipped my pants when I saw another Guild Battle this weekend!

At least PG picked the right weekend to crucify all of us.

I guess there will only be 2 groups this Battle titled: Nailers and Hangers

You know, it's times like this that I wish TPC was more like the Episode games PG is developing. I could just select something other than a Guild Battle this weekend.
    Paradise Cove - Leader of the Darkwings (PM me about joining our guild)

Remembering Nayjon (1970-2017), guildmate and lover of TPC. I'll miss you, brother!

Secret Passages - Billionaire Bandits

The Billionaire Bandit club finished 78 strong and I'm proud of all who made this so much fun. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    You can select something other than guild battle this weekend.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    Although you can choose to battle or not, you can not select some things other than guild battles. You can not choose individual battles, you can not choose activity versus, you can not choose what shows up in your cove. Only PG chooses what happens in the cove. So your selection might be limited......
    There is no fairness or consistency in TPC; so just because you have it in your cove, it may not be the case for everyone. And just because everyone else has it, doesn't mean you will. Except crashing, everybody has crashing!

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    I'm selecting Easter chocolate with the grandkids
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast