Thread: Chat Function - worsening problems

Thumbs up Chat Function - worsening problems

I bet there is a thread already about the problems we all face with the chat function in the game. For months now whenever you start writing something in chat, the system boots you out of the writing box and wipes out what you have written. It used to only do it once, then progressed to kicking you out once or twice, then progressed to kicking you out twice or three times in a row. Now it always kicks you out twice to begin with and occasionally up to four times. i have tried waiting to start writing. It does not do it right away many times. It lets you write several words before it wipes you out. You have to start all over, and then before you can post it wipes you out the second time. It is insanely frustrating, but somehow I have put up with this for months.

Then a few weeks back, it started erroring out when you enter the whole guild chat tab. Chat is simply not available. But that was not a deal breaker because if you exit the game, clear/reset, and enter back into the game it is usually available at that point. Again, it is frustrating and unnecessary.

Starting yesterday the chat history is now completely wiped clean every time you enter the game. The guilds have no opportunity to greet new members, leave messages for guildmates, talk and leave strategy hints. It is a complete deal breaker. This has to be fixed or the game is done. fini! no exceptions! that will be the end of Paradise Cove. there is no other conclusion.

I cannot believe that this is not the town hall lynch mob discussion of the forum. Where is our explanation about what is going on here? We need all of these problems corrected asap.
    Dare
    A Leader of The Family (retired November 2016)
    There is no substitute for the original Family...

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    The chat issues are known, some of them have been ongoing. Though everything that can be done will be done to give it more stability. Will go and check for any updates on the current problem with chat.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Hello Dare,

On the first issue, could you please send in a ticket so that either myself or Terrence can troubleshoot what might be causing it in your particular game? Thanks.

On the second, that started yesterday, that is likely due to issues our provider is having. Those are affecting various games and apps for more than just Pocket Gems. We are monitoring the situation and they are actively trying to fix it. Sorry for the frustration in the meantime.
    Arlene (yes, the one from support )

I have not been able to chat with my team mates since yesterday also. I assume that PG will get it fix soon. Good thing it's not a guild weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by geekverde View Post
    Hello Dare,

On the first issue, could you please send in a ticket so that either myself or Terrence can troubleshoot what might be causing it in your particular game? Thanks.

On the second, that started yesterday, that is likely due to issues our provider is having. Those are affecting various games and apps for more than just Pocket Gems. We are monitoring the situation and they are actively trying to fix it. Sorry for the frustration in the meantime.

What Dare has been describing in his first issue, might be more common than just his problem. I experience that too and I have heard of others talking of similar experiences.

It will be good if Dare's problem can be fixed. Will mean the rest of us will also have hope for a remedy of a nuisance situation.

I am also not getting chat. And even worse shake to collect is not working. I think I'll have to put the game down before I go crazy. Also can't do mermaid and points events. But PG are working on it.
    Gododdin

Quote Originally Posted by Darec9 View Post
    I bet there is a thread already about the problems we all face with the chat function in the game. For months now whenever you start writing something in chat, the system boots you out of the writing box and wipes out what you have written. It used to only do it once, then progressed to kicking you out once or twice, then progressed to kicking you out twice or three times in a row. Now it always kicks you out twice to begin with and occasionally up to four times. i have tried waiting to start writing. It does not do it right away many times. It lets you write several words before it wipes you out. You have to start all over, and then before you can post it wipes you out the second time. It is insanely frustrating, but somehow I have put up with this for months.
    I have the same problem.
    ====
    kormieh
    Leader (temp) of Relax

I have been having the same chat problems for some time now as listed above. Sometimes I start a sentence 2 to 3 times before I can finally finish it. But the last 2 days it comes and goes, so far seems to be working but I thought that last night and this morning it was all clear again. The history did come back.
    Officer of ARCS

Arlene- if you get 1 ticket about the first issue Dare described would that be enough to get a fix for all that have that problem? The issue of getting kicked out of chat when starting to write in the chat box is a widespread issue. I know all complain about it in D'Art
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die the in between is mine- Eddie Vedder

Officer in D_Art_Friends

Quote Originally Posted by Nickle71 View Post
    Arlene- if you get 1 ticket about the first issue Dare described would that be enough to get a fix for all that have that problem? The issue of getting kicked out of chat when starting to write in the chat box is a widespread issue. I know all complain about it in D'Art
    Not necessarily. Chat functionality can become broken for a handful of reasons. So what is happening to Dare might be due to one reason, and even if what you are seeing *looks* the same it could be for a completely different reason. On this issue, better to send in a ticket so we can troubleshoot it on a case-by-base basis.
    Arlene (yes, the one from support )

Quote Originally Posted by geekverde View Post
    Not necessarily. Chat functionality can become broken for a handful of reasons. So what is happening to Dare might be due to one reason, and even if what you are seeing *looks* the same it could be for a completely different reason. On this issue, better to send in a ticket so we can troubleshoot it on a case-by-base basis.
    Thanks Arlene will submit a ticket
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die the in between is mine- Eddie Vedder

Officer in D_Art_Friends

Guess I will have to do that too, Arlene. Mine still did the issue number 1 thing this morning. Just say when it is a quiet time.

My guild gave up on the chat function and created our own via another site online. It is too small and limited to be of any real use, anyway.