Quote Originally Posted by igotahavit View Post
    They should be back on 4/31/17.
    Brother,
    May 1st is perfect!
    Event name: H(o)ll(o)w / Olevia280723700, lvl 65, support ID: C8C4MGX4B4
    AT free thanks to GOD...

No daily bonus since March update.
    Love You ALL! Forumers rock this world!

Are we to assume daily quests are not coming back? I've invested a load of time in this game and would love to finish it but without the rewards from the daily quests its going to take forever!
    Can anyone update me?

Quote Originally Posted by JulieC22 View Post
    Are we to assume daily quests are not coming back? I've invested a load of time in this game and would love to finish it but without the rewards from the daily quests its going to take forever!
    Can anyone update me?
    Hi Julie...Welcome to the Forum...

I'm assuming they are not, never ever, coming back.

It's a shame though...especially for players that haven't stockpiled sufficient resources to move along at a reasonable pace. I remember the early stages of my game where those quests were instrumental in building up my shovel and token totals. Some of them were ridiculous of course, the rewards did not make sense for the hoops you had to jump through to acquire them. But often, if played wisely, the multi-part challenges would yield some pretty good things.
    Last edited by salmo23; 05-23-17 at 04:26 PM.
    "But, time will tell, of stars that fell
    A million years ago.
    Memories can never take you back, home, sweet home.
    You can never go home anymore."

Hi Julie, my advice, if you can search as much as possible, you can easily get around 200 shovels a week. Digging with these has built up a good stock of power tokens and Ruby's etc for me. It takes dedication but 3 searches an hour taking about 4 minutes or so and you are set!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels555 View Post
    Hi Julie, my advice, if you can search as much as possible, you can easily get around 200 shovels a week. Digging with these has built up a good stock of power tokens and Ruby's etc for me. It takes dedication but 3 searches an hour taking about 4 minutes or so and you are set!
    Thanks Wheels - I am plodding on but even 200 shovels a week don't get you very far when the building materials drop rate is so low. Getting 10 shovels / tokens for some quests made such a difference.

Julie
    welcome from the NW to the NE. Is that Gods Own Country or further North?
    Sorry I didnt say Hi before but I have been busy doing my moving countries thingy. Closing a house down gets more tiring every time we do it.
    I dont know how much you picked up about us but I re-started my game a while ago along with some other great people who had either game problems or who decided to have two games running. There is a nice thread https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...ecret-Passages
    that has some great hints and tips especially the first posts. As all our threads seem to, it goes a bit off topic later on.
    For me and because of the re-start I am not as far on as most of the others but I am content to dawdle along at my own pace (I keep stressing that we should Smell the Roses). You can get everything done and take time to actually enjoy the ride so to speak. In my first game I was so involved with keeping up that I missed a great deal of the enjoyment. So take heart and keep the faith there are still some of us playing and about.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

But how long is it until SP shuts down the game? They shut down the events, and shut down the daily quests. And they will not be adding new content so soon the new dunes will run dry. Cano Christales is the third of three, so maybe this coming Tuesday will not have a new dune.

I don't know how much longer SP will keep the servers running, but I'd bet that they shut them down sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by dgk02 View Post
    But how long is it until SP shuts down the game? They shut down the events, and shut down the daily quests. And they will not be adding new content so soon the new dunes will run dry. Cano Christales is the third of three, so maybe this coming Tuesday will not have a new dune.

I don't know how much longer SP will keep the servers running, but I'd bet that they shut them down sooner rather than later.
    Jesse posted this a few days ago...

https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...l=1#post631161
    A million years ago.

so maybe this coming Tuesday will not have a new dune.
    Fa la la la la, la la la la...

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  96.7 KB
    Last edited by salmo23; 05-30-17 at 08:05 AM.
    A million years ago.

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by salmo23 View Post
    Fa la la la la, la la la la...

Views: 345
Size:  96.7 KB

My, how the year has flown.

HO! HO! HO!

bah humbug !!!

A million years ago.

Time ticks at a normal pace for me. I am still where you can't see the trees for the wood, or is it now the wood for the trees, hmm.

Views: 336
Size:  21.3 KB

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by salmo23 View Post
    bah humbug !!!

Now, now don't go getting your tinsel in a tangle!

Start of a new month, and no recycled Kingston quest. I wasn't doing them very often anyway, because there seemed to be an ever narrowing group of them, but still it's another ending.

On a positive note, I've really been enjoying playing the Challenge Passage and remembering old friends. It's amazing how many great scenes there are, and you really get to recognize and appreciate the distinctive styles of particular artists.

Yup, no new Kingston quest. Which means no way to get wrenches so no new Anvils, and no way to get 7 rubies per week so it's almost impossible to get new ruby trees.

I think I'll use my earthshine ores and shovels to finish the remaining 10 digsites, and then close the game. Too bad because I have 189 wrenches and figured that I could make one more anvil. Alas, not to be.

Last edited by salmo23; 06-01-17 at 07:40 AM.
    A million years ago.

I get that they are not giving us new content....but why muck with what was there and working.....? Does this mean the Monday digs are gone as well?

This has happened before...a year ago to date.

http://forums.pocketgems.com/showthr...l=1#post587882
    A million years ago.

And in that thread Kiwicanuck noted that it had happened the year before as well. So it's an annual glitch, but I'm not holding my breath that they'll fix it this time. That would take some effort and PG isn't making any effort.

And if you read on, it took a week or so to fix back then, even when SP was still respectably chugging along. Now that the game is running on fumes, who knows when, if ???...it will be resolved.

http://forums.pocketgems.com/showthr...l=1#post588190
    Last edited by salmo23; 06-01-17 at 03:09 PM.
    A million years ago.

Sorry all of you I have bern a bit distracted just recently, babies (just the one), new houses, shopping for stuff, you know how it is. I am contacting Jesse now but with the time difference and everything........

It would have been quicker to write:- On It.
    Last edited by Spanish eyes; 06-01-17 at 10:14 PM.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Intrepid Explorer
    And in that thread Kiwicanuck noted that it had happened the year before as well. So it's an annual glitch, but I'm not holding my breath that they'll fix it this time. That would take some effort and PG isn't making any effort.
    Maybe I am wrong here but they scheduled the fix release to a Thursday and the fact they fixed it twice already giving me some hope that it is not a fix but only a reschedule is needed.
    Thanks for the effort SE, I won't open another ticket then. After all they love you bestest
    Event name: H(o)ll(o)w / Olevia280723700, lvl 65, support ID: C8C4MGX4B4
    AT free thanks to GOD...

No daily bonus since March update.
    Love You ALL! Forumers rock this world!

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    Maybe I am wrong here but they scheduled the fix release to a Thursday and the fact they fixed it twice already giving me some hope that it is not a fix but only a reschedule is needed.
    Thanks for the effort SE, I won't open another ticket then. After all they love you bestest
    Hollow, how nice of you. Picture many kisses winging there way from the UK to Budapest.
    SMELL THE ROSES.

Shame the daily challenge has gone awol. It's getting very difficult to collect tokens to use the howling crypt
    One frustration after another

Without the daily challenge there's no way to get wrenches for the anvils and it's much harder to get drops to make a ruby tree. Maybe they will fix it, but I doubt it. They clearly don't want us playing the game anymore but won't turn off the servers just yet. I understand their direction - it's clearly a difficult product to code since it's grown so much beyond the original release and all those changes piled on each other creates a bit of a mess. Of course all the original programmers are long gone so anyone new has to learn a bunch of grafted on code. No, it must not be economically viable for them to maintain, but that doesn't make it easier for those of us who grew to love it as well as the other people playing it.

Well, I'll muddle on a bit longer and hope that they fix this one since as Hollow said it's likely just changing a date somewhere. But where? That's the question. I'm a programmer and I'd really love a look at the code and the environment.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast