Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: No daily quests...no updates....no communication

Quote Originally Posted by IncElk0612 View Post
    Should I keep my fingers crossed, lol 😛

Btw where's Justin, and why do I not recognize the dog?
    the dog belongs to Sal and is her intellectual property. You need to have read the doggy stuff in the subs. It is very entertaining to read. Start with https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...nimal-Crackers

I read the three witches as (from left to right) Me, CB n Sal but she (Sal) may have called it different.
    Last edited by Spanish eyes; 08-02-17 at 02:09 AM.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish eyes View Post

I read the three witches as (from left to right) Me, CB n Sal but she (Sal) may have called it different.
    SE...you always get top billing in the witch thingie...

Ink...Justin is a nincompoop, he didn't make the cut...

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  97.9 KB
    "But, time will tell, of stars that fell
    A million years ago.
    Memories can never take you back, home, sweet home.
    You can never go home anymore."

Quote Originally Posted by salmo23 View Post
    Jesse, to follow up on what SE said concerning the daily quest...and as long as we are in clarification mode...

About the daily quests returning...which, from the tone of your post #136, is doubtful. Are you referring to both Quest scenarios that went kaput... the multi-part challenges that went away earlier, and most recently, the daily Kingston quest which awarded wrenches and which disappeared precisely the same date last year(June 1)and was fixed within a week.

https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...l=1#post631652

http://forums.pocketgems.com/showthr...l=1#post588190
    Bumping up my post from weeks ago...may have been overlooked, or intentionally ignored...

Quotes from Vogue.One via the CL forum:

"Be accountable for your work, PG. Feign that you give a darn, and show us by getting your act together and making sure EVERYTHING works as it SHOULD. That is what WE, your CUSTOMERS, expect. And it is not wrong for us to expect the items WORK."

"PG is not fulfilling their fiduciary duty, on the most basic level, to themselves (and now sugar daddy shareholders Tencent/(small dog Sequoia) to sell goods that work, that are advertised truthfully, that can build and maintain a reputation of integrity that will encourage trust and thus spending from consumers -- the ultimate objective in their business endeavor -- to make money."

Though she was speaking to specific issues in CL, I think the quotes apply to their games in general...
    Last edited by salmo23; 08-02-17 at 08:02 AM.
    A million years ago.

Bumping up my post from weeks ago...may have been overlooked, or intentionally ignored...

Quotes from Vogue.One via the CL forum:

"Be accountable for your work, PG. Feign that you give a darn, and show us by getting your act together and making sure EVERYTHING works as it SHOULD. That is what WE, your CUSTOMERS, expect. And it is not wrong for us to expect the items WORK."

"PG is not fulfilling their fiduciary duty, on the most basic level, to themselves (and now sugar daddy shareholders Tencent/(small dog Sequoia) to sell goods that work, that are advertised truthfully, that can build and maintain a reputation of integrity that will encourage trust and thus spending from consumers -- the ultimate objective in their business endeavor -- to make money."

Though she was speaking to specific issues in CL, I think the quotes apply to their games in general...
    How do we tell Apple as in App Store that they are offering unloved and unlooked after games????
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

How do we tell Apple as in App Store that they are offering unloved and unlooked after games????
    The App Store Review is available. Just doing a quick read, the Secret Passages reviews are pretty negative, for the most part.

When the game was first launched, the reviews were very positive. I downloaded the game after reading those reviews. If I read then what I'm reading there now, I would not be inclined to download SP...no way.

Or...you could choose a more direct approach...

Views: 447
Size:  97.5 KB
    Last edited by salmo23; 08-03-17 at 03:05 PM.
    A million years ago.

Where do I order the plane and banner? How far is it from PGHQ to Apple HQ (a double flyover)? Then I could round off with a nice glass chilled of Zinfandel (my new favourite for very hot days). Then a superior red as the sun sets.

There is a picture for you to play with. Me and all of my SP friends with a skunk or some such lowlife in the background trying to gate crash the party but everyone ignoring the creature.
    SMELL THE ROSES.

Maybe this is what they want? Bad reviews mean no downloads. No downloads mean the game has the excuse to be pulled and PG don't have to bother with it anymore which is secretly what they want! Perhaps.

Also they don't need to fix anything on SP ever again!!

Well I've deleted the game! Hadn't opened it for about 6 weeks so that's me all done!

And just when I thought this game couldn't piss me off anymore, I just discovered that it's impossible to reach Level 118. I'll always be stuck at 117 as I need one more non-existent relic.
    **** off. **** all the way off. Then when you think you can't possibly **** off anymore, come back to the start.
    And then **** off again.

Quote Originally Posted by Neville Hope View Post
    And just when I thought this game couldn't piss me off anymore, I just discovered that it's impossible to reach Level 118. I'll always be stuck at 117 as I need one more non-existent relic.
    **** off. **** all the way off. Then when you think you can't possibly **** off anymore, come back to the start.
    And then **** off again.
    Mas sam must have had the magic touch, reaching Level 124. Tippy tappy voodoo or just another PG boo boo? Didn't Jimbo reach Level 118? Debz, according to her sig line, reached Level 118 in her first game. Wilsooon, I think, told us that Level 117 was as high as one could go. This screenshot shows Mas sam's level 124.

Oh, it posted teensie weensie...zoom in.

Edit...Jimbo's Level 118 post...

https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...l=1#post513528

https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...l=1#post557995

https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...l=1#post558663

Views: 394
Size:  41.2 KB
    Last edited by salmo23; 08-07-17 at 10:47 PM.
    A million years ago.

Just been giving this whole 'Level' thingy a good airing in the dusty bowels of the place that is amusingly called my mind.
    In the begining we were subject to all sorts of things, Beta Testing, trials that were later taken away, not to mention (whisper) Bates Motel. We had various version of the crypt and a whole load of other stuff. Along the way we could quite easily have picked up several more levels, it all seemed to be down to right place, right time. I know for a fact that I was further on 'level wise' in my first game than in the same place on my second. So it is down to luck of the draw and the time taken to reach various points.
    I Believe the early starter/finishers had the edge.
    SMELL THE ROSES.

Just been giving this whole 'Level' thingy a good airing in the dusty bowels of the place that is amusingly called my mind.
    In the begining we were subject to all sorts of things, Beta Testing, trials that were later taken away, not to mention (whisper) Bates Motel. We had various version of the crypt and a whole load of other stuff. Along the way we could quite easily have picked up several more levels, it all seemed to be down to right place, right time. I know for a fact that I was further on 'level wise' in my first game than in the same place on my second. So it is down to luck of the draw and the time taken to reach various points.
    I Believe the early starter/finishers had the edge.
    SE...do you remember VERY early in the game there was no "5 Star Bar" above the sites? Then, that system was introduced, and some players griped(as is usually the case about anything here lol) about it at first, "they ruined the game!"...something new to learn. I remember collecting all 5 relics from one of the Oxford sites before the 5 Star System...when the Bar appeared, it showed the little magnifying glass encased in gold(Building Mastered) but the stars were not filled in. When I searched the site, then the stars filled in. I'm sure other players might have experienced this as well, it not being unique to my game. Perhaps extra relics were registered in the count with the first search from an already upgraded site during the transition to the 5 Star System. The more sites one had opened and upgraded before the new system was introduced, the more potential "extra relics" might have been acquired.

Just my thoughts...like you said, the game had different twists and turns early on. I didn't experience Bates Motel or that Giant Turnip you talk about. I remember this particular thing because it was my Original game and I didn't accomplish much, I raced around, opening new sites before upgrading others. When I "mastered" one, it was a big deal to me...when the new system appeared, I thought I might have to go back and do it all over again!

Speaking of the gold magnifying glass which comes with the "Building Mastered"...I always noticed that, but this was something new to me.

https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...l=1#post192960
    Last edited by salmo23; 08-09-17 at 07:42 AM.
    A million years ago.

Intrepid Explorer
    I started my game in late July or early August 2014 (I can't believe it has been 3 years!) and once I completed everything through COS I was at level 117 with two relics needed to get to level 118. It would have been one relic left to get to level 118, but I lost Animal Herd (sigh.....sob) in the update disaster we had. So if anyone started their game the same time or later than me then it looks like 117 is the highest level they can ever achieve. It is a wonder this game even functions at all with all the tweaks they did to it over the 4 plus years it has been around. I'm still around because I have learned to roll with all the glitches that come with the game and I stubbornly want to see it through to its end.

The game is still getting downloads though, according to this...

https://sensortower.com/ios/us/pocke...cts/643088844/
    A million years ago.

I started about either July or August 2013 with my original game (probably). I lost a great big chunk in the December which is what brought me into print, after a long wait to be accredited in January. I had been lurking in the wings for a few months before hand. The game was first released in June if my memory serves, which it doesnt always, so I was not far behind the first comers but, thank goodness, far enough to never be able to catch up.

Sal.
    That meander down memory lane was triggered by your link to Evil Mummy's post. We were great friends for a time and she is one of the friends made who I still miss. I must admit that I never noticed the magnifiers changing at the time but I do remember the bar not being there or rather the bar appearing.
    Your link to the reviews seem to be as diverse as forum in its later days.

CB.
    I miss the giant turnip and stuff.

Do any of you remember the seasonal stuff they used to do? Easter, Christmas times like that we would have specials. We played in interesting times. Like CB we rolled with the punches and waited for the next bit be it good or bad.
    SMELL THE ROSES.

I started about either July or August 2013 with my original game (probably). I lost a great big chunk in the December which is what brought me into print, after a long wait to be accredited in January. I had been lurking in the wings for a few months before hand. The game was first released in June if my memory serves, which it doesnt always, so I was not far behind the first comers but, thank goodness, far enough to never be able to catch up.

Sal.
    That meander down memory lane was triggered by your link to Evil Mummy's post. We were great friends for a time and she is one of the friends made who I still miss. I must admit that I never noticed the magnifiers changing at the time but I do remember the bar not being there or rather the bar appearing.
    Your link to the reviews seem to be as diverse as forum in its later days.

CB.
    I miss the giant turnip and stuff.

Do any of you remember the seasonal stuff they used to do? Easter, Christmas times like that we would have specials. We played in interesting times. Like CB we rolled with the punches and waited for the next bit be it good or bad.
    Oh yes I remember it! The Holly Jolly Pine will haunt me forever......

Ah yes, I remember the seasonal thingies...one in particular stands out. It was Thanksgiving-related, find cranberry bowls in the dig sites...that twelve step one with rewards at each step. I had made my way through the first steps, finding my cranberry bowls and merrily collecting the rewards along the way. Then BOOM!! I completely lost my Original game and it never came back. All those cranberry bowls down the drain...lol.
    Last edited by salmo23; 08-09-17 at 01:40 PM.
    A million years ago.

Ah yes, I remember the seasonal thingies...one in particular stands out. It was Thanksgiving-related, find cranberry bowls in the dig sites...that twelve step one with rewards at each step. I had made my way through the first steps, finding my cranberry bowls and merrily collecting the rewards along the way. Then BOOM!! I completely lost my Original game and it never came back. All those cranberry bowls down the drain...lol.
    whoops
    SMELL THE ROSES.

I still do not have the daily quests. Am I waiting for something that is never going to happen?

I'd say so, yes.

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by christopherrobin View Post
    I still do not have the daily quests. Am I waiting for something that is never going to happen?
    Never going to happen.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678