Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No daily quests...no updates....no communication

No daily quests...no updates....no communication

Is anyone actually going to bother themselves into giving us some sort of update on the (non-beardy white-haired bloke) daily quests at all. I mean something a bit more substantial than just a "please be patient" message a fortnight ago?
    I know that they're pushed for staff at the HQ. With all due respect, that's not my problem. Although it's not an essential part of the game, there are people spending money on this game.

I'm sorry I'm always seem to be moaning about stuff like this but as someone who worked as a Customer Service Manager, this is NOT how you treat people who use your product.
    Last edited by Neville Hope; 01-30-17 at 04:36 PM.

Nev. I always sound like a governess or something (sorry) but you (and a couple of others) just dont seem to have grasped the idea that SP is finished, ended, done. We might, if we are good little boys and girls, get the dailies back but inisisting on answers just does not work, especially now with the situation as it is, nobody is going to answer you except one of us.
    You say this is no way to treat people and I wholeheartedly agree but, as for PG, they do not care. Just take a look at the full 'forum' top left next to the little house. Every single game there is gone except perhaps for TPC which is a bit sick. Has The entity called PG ever shown remorse for any of that? I am not, I repeat NOT, name calling individual employees, these need to safeguard their own skins and cannot be seen to be disloyal to the hand that feeds them whatever their personal feelings are.
    I could suggest you try sending either a PM or ticket but I honestly do not think it would help. If you do and it does then sharing would be good or even if it does no good.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

I understand that the game is done in terms of new content, events and such. But the game is still running and it still links to this support forum, so I'm just dong what the "correct" procedure is.
    As for a PM, I wouldn't even know who to send one to.

Sooni is the only support name, for PMing, but we are not sure if he has been redeployed or is just not saying anything because there is nothing to say.
    when I said done I meant DONE. Not just in terms of new content but of the kind of support you are talking about, the lot. You can still submit a ticket if things are specifically wrong with your game but thats just about it. You say you are coming to forum because it is 'correct' procedure but I dont understand why you would think that. Forum was always, right from inception, a meeting place for people to 'discuss' the game, stratagem etc.. It was allowed to be a place where you could air grievances and have a good rant if you felt the need but you seem to be demading answers from PG staff and that is never what forum was all about. I could direct you to many early posts, both here and in the earlier game forums, where this was emphasised but it would take a lot of time to link them all and I am a bit involved with RL.
    I do understand your frustration, we who are left all feel the same to one extent or another. For most it seems the final straw and they have deleted. A few are still committed to continue their own path to the end.
    Last question and I am serious not satcastic. How specifically does the game link with forum? We asked and asked for a proper link or some sort of pop up but I hadnt noticed that we had got this, though it is not much good now. I know you get a standard message with every ticket but thats about it. I know I can miss things when going through a normal 'set' of motions so I am interested.
    Last edited by Spanish eyes; 02-01-17 at 01:52 AM.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Maybe because the forum is administered by PG ?

I still think it is the proper route to collectively ask anything to PG that is not a personal problem and we always received an answer. I understand that now this game is not a priority, but Wilsooon assured us that it was still being supported by PG, hence we ask questions about general problems in the game.

As I am still playing the game, I would really like for the daily quests to come back, and I am ready to wait for an answer from Sooon. In my opinion, we have every right to ask a question to PG, on a PG forum.

Sooooooooooon !
    Level 110
    Ipad Air 2
    Support ID: ZXNXUB92QA

Neville: Sooni is PGWilsooon.

I am also curious about where the game links to this forum. I know there is a link in the game to pocket gems.com/support. That site does have a nice bit of info about the game ;-) But I didn't see a link to forum.

BTW the live issues list is topped by "Limited Timed Quests are not loading" - and here is what it says (dated last Friday night): "There is currently a known issue with the Limited Timed quests not loading in Secret Passages. This issue is affecting all players. Our team is currently investigating this issue and hope to have it resolved as soon as possible. At this time, we do not have an exact estimate as to when it will be resolved, and we apologize for this inconvenience."
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done
    Oh no! Was that last dune site?

I'm sure I got the link from this forum somewhere in the game as I didn't google it to get here. Maybe I used the help function in the game to ask about something and I got a link to here in a response.

Sorry, no help fuction either unless I am looking in the wrong place.
    I did find the link to support but that is in the 'about' section. The same place as PocketID.
    SMELL THE ROSES.

What does it matter? So I can't remember exactly how I ended up here. The point still stands.

Neville & Melody:

You are correct. The Secret Passages Forum was created for all game-related matter, including game issues that universally affect players. You need only read the first sentence of the "Forum Rules" thread to clearly see PG's intent for this forum (and not what it is often used for over the past).

That being said, just so you have all of the facts, there is literally a skeleton staff of about 5-6 PGers who have been running back and forth between these "old" games (TPC/SP/Animal Voyage/etc.) trying heroically to keep them operating - for our sake. Literally, the PG bosses have told them to stop wasting their time, but they are doing it anyway for us.

You do deserve an answer (or update) on the LTQs and daily quests. It may be more advantageous to post your request in Darkangel's thread: https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...aints-about-SP

She's in contact with that skeleton staff almost every day. If she reads your concerns, she'll get you an answer faster than anybody. Even faster than PMing Sooon or sending in a ticket (which in this case would probably result in a "canned" response).

If you post something in her thread and for some reason you don't get an answer quickly, PM me and I'll drop her a PM or an email and she'll get us an answer.

Your point about customers spending money in this game is valid. We know that. Unfortunately, PG feels (business strategy) that it's "bad money" and that "good money" lies in other newer markets. That's not to say the skeleton crew isn't sensitive to customers' needs, just that they are really spread thin and borderline disavowed at PG HQ. That's not the answer you (or I) want to hear, but it is the facts.

Go ahead and post your concern, briefly, in Darkangel's thread and let's see if she swoops in from her cholocate palace and gets you guys an answer or an ETA on a fix. If not, I'll jump in and see what I can do. I hope that helps.
    Paradise Cove - Leader of the Darkwings (PM me about joining our guild)

Secret Passages - Billionaire Bandits

The Billionaire Bandit club is now 78 strong and growing and in its second year. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

Congratulations to our newest Bandits:
    * Pippy * & Binkster!!

Special congratulations to Meggymoo & Dr. Tammy for becoming the first 4BBs!

Quote Originally Posted by igotahavit View Post

That being said, just so you have all of the facts, there is literally a skeleton staff of about 5-6 PGers who have been running back and forth between these "old" games (TPC/SP/Animal Voyage/etc.) trying heroically to keep them operating - for our sake. Literally, the PG bosses have told them to stop wasting their time, but they are doing it anyway for us.

From what I've read online, Pocket Gems is concentrating on Gen Z. So no one cares for their "forgotten" children (old games). But, very few new games. And none to the quality of Secret Passages. Nor the interest level.

I'm still logging in every day but only playing about a half hour to get everything done that is available. Sadly, I'm considering deleting my game and starting over from the beginning. Just won't be spending any green this time, since I now know how these games can come to a screeching halt. That goes for the other games I play as well. Would appreciate input from my buds on deleting, though. Seems so final!
    Support ID WQ6D8VDS6R

Hi The Beckster, long time no post, hows it going?
    Just some ruminations on deleting.
    It takes up a lot of space.
    If you do the full save/backup bit - icloud/PC/PocketID then you stand a chance of getting it back completely intact, less the long waits for reloading of course.
    You could even ask PG for the viability of restoring complete.

Would I delete, at this moment, not on your life. I have had so much joy (and a bit of heartache) that Even when I finish I will keep it as a trophy for a long while. I have never invested so much in any other game and (to me) it is special.

Starting Over as an option.
    Several of us all started over for one reason or another round about the same time. Some started a sond game and others had to restart because of game problems. This was just two years ago, see https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...ecret-Passages
    I am, to my knowledge the only person who has ever done this completely through choice, I had to get Brain to initialise it for me. I just dont know if I would recommend this now. Would I have done before the closure and the loss of Events! Yes I would. My second game gave me more fun than the first. I was more structured in my approach but I also took more time with it and got more enjoyment. After all that waffling, I say make your own mind up but whatever you choose, enjoy.
    Last edited by Spanish eyes; 02-02-17 at 08:28 AM.
    SMELL THE ROSES.

Quote Originally Posted by Beckster View Post
    I'm still logging in every day but only playing about a half hour to get everything done that is available. Sadly, I'm considering deleting my game and starting over from the beginning. Just won't be spending any green this time, since I now know how these games can come to a screeching halt. That goes for the other games I play as well. Would appreciate input from my buds on deleting, though. Seems so final!
    Hi Beckster, I haven't opened SP since January 2, but haven't deleted it yet. Since my new iPad Air 2 has 128G I don't have to worry about the amount of space it takes up. Just moved it to the last page. Maybe one day I will delete, but as SE says, a trophy. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrmnkee View Post
    From what I've read online, Pocket Gems is concentrating on Gen Z. So no one cares for their "forgotten" children (old games). But, very few new games. And none to the quality of Secret Passages. Nor the interest level.
    Agreed

All
    Just another word about the OP and topic.
    I have resisted nagging Sooni because I am a believer in not interupting. I have found that If a person has to break off what they are doing to answer questions about what they are doing they loose the thread. Then it takes more time to get their head back to where they were especially if it is complicated. Speaking, as usual, just for myself I am sure that if Sooni had any news he would have told us. I feel that In this case nagging will not do any good but if you really want me to then I can say, probably for the last time 'On It'. What is your verdict?
    Last edited by Spanish eyes; 02-02-17 at 08:37 AM.
    SMELL THE ROSES.

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    I am reading the posts on this thread, as soon as I have caught up with the questions I will try to get Wilson on here (note he has been ill) or post them myself.

Edit: daily quests, LTQ to be or not to be. If to be any timeline. Anything else?
    Last edited by darkangel; 02-02-17 at 09:51 AM.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Thank you Darkangel, I think as a moderator you are the most appropriate person to convey messages back and forth. As for me, I would be happy if these questions would be answered, even if the quests do not come back for a few weeks, I am ok as long as we know it is being taken care of. Say hi to Wilsooon, we miss him.
    Level 110
    Ipad Air 2
    Support ID: ZXNXUB92QA

Intrepid Explorer
    I deleted my game and I do not have any regrets. I was spending so much time playing and life was passing me by. That is not to say that if the right game came along I would not load it.

Thanks Dark Angel. Please tell Wilson we hope he feels better and thanks for not giving up on us!

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    I am reading the posts on this thread, as soon as I have caught up with the questions I will try to get Wilson on here (note he has been ill) or post them myself.

Edit: daily quests, LTQ to be or not to be. If to be any timeline. Anything else?
    I hope Wils is doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish eyes View Post
    Agreed

I had to Google Gen Z. (Or in SP world where Google is Goggle and Goggle is Google) I had to Goggle Gen Z.

Hi The Beckster, long time no post, hows it going?
    Just some ruminations on deleting.
    It takes up a lot of space.
    If you do the full save/backup bit - icloud/PC/PocketID then you stand a chance of getting it back completely intact, less the long waits for reloading of course.
    You could even ask PG for the viability of restoring complete.

Would I delete, at this moment, not on your life. I have had so much joy (and a bit of heartache) that Even when I finish I will keep it as a trophy for a long while. I have never invested so much in any other game and (to me) it is special.

Starting Over as an option.
    Several of us all started over for one reason or another round about the same time. Some started a sond game and others had to restart because of game problems. This was just two years ago, see https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...ecret-Passages
    I am, to my knowledge the only person who has ever done this completely through choice, I had to get Brain to initialise it for me. I just dont know if I would recommend this now. Would I have done before the closure and the loss of Events! Yes I would. My second game gave me more fun than the first. I was more structured in my approach but I also took more time with it and got more enjoyment. After all that waffling, I say make your own mind up but whatever you choose, enjoy.
    Thanks for the input on starting over, SE and TopMom. I also have a new iPad with plenty of memory so you gave me the idea of keeping my old game and starting a new one to see if I want to continue that way. Don't want to be too hasty with the deleting, especially if some of the old features come back later. I have often wondered how it would be to play a new version from the top now that I am "experienced." Still playing DragonVale, Fishdom and Pearl's Peril as well.
    Support ID WQ6D8VDS6R

Hi again The Becks.
    have a look at http://forums.pocketgems.com/showthr...588-Where-next
    I lost interest in DragonVale and started Castle Story instead. That is holding me at the moment.
    SMELL THE ROSES.

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Just letting you guys know, nothing back yet. Will haunt Wilson again today, maybe tickle him with my feathers and see what drops.

Anyway if you are all bored I could provide a list of chocolates that you are dying to send to me.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Hi again The Becks.
    have a look at http://forums.pocketgems.com/showthr...588-Where-next
    I lost interest in DragonVale and started Castle Story instead. That is holding me at the moment.
    Thanks, I will try that one. What is the secret to getting a new SP game loaded to my iPad since I already have the old one?
    Support ID WQ6D8VDS6R

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast