Thread: BANNED--FALSELY--"for cheating" / 500-recruit glitch

BANNED--FALSELY--"for cheating" / 500-recruit glitch

Although Pocket Gems (PG) has also received additional money from me for other games that they developed, I have been playing their Campus Life game everyday for about 4 years and I have spent over $ 500.00 on just this one game alone. Then, suddenly and without any cause, Pocket Gems falsely banned me, locked me out of the game, and will not even give me the courtesy of a response. I do not know what other recourse I have (since I cannot get anywhere with them) so I am writing this review so that others can know what to expect. The more money you spend on this game, the more likely you are to lose it forever. The developers have absolutely no value or respect for the customers who spend money on their games.

On 12-24-16, I recruited my 500-th girl. Later that same day I noticed that my store was filled with hundreds of items, possibly over a thousand items, which I did not have access to before 12-24-16. Some of them were items from previous quests that I had not completed and others were recolors, or items I had not seen before. That weekend, I went onto one of the forums & posted a question about it, asking if anyone else had experienced it. After a few posts, back & forth, it was discovered that I was not the first player this had happened to and it was most likely a glitch in the game that caused the items to "unlock" after a player recruited 500 girls. One person even suggested that it seemed like it could be a "reward" for hitting 500 recruits.

So, I did "buy" many of the new items that appeared in my closet, even though the game actually allowed me to have them for free. However, I spent many diamonds (over 200) to expedite increasing my closet size to accommodate some of the new items. Then, on 12-29-16, when I tried to open the game, I got a message that I had been BANNED FOR CHEATING, but I never did anything to cheat. I submitted a support ticket to PG on that same day, but as of today, 16 DAYS LATER, Pocket Gems still has not responded to my ticket & I am still banned from the game. I did send a follow up request to them a while back ago. I also had a forum leader contact them on my behalf. She said that someone should be contacting me soon, but I am still waiting.

I THINK IT IS HORRIBLY IRRESPONSIBLE FOR POCKET GEMS TO FALSELY BAN A PLAYER FOR CHEATING, WHEN THE ISSUE IS ACTUALLY A GLITCH IN THEIR GAME. Some forum members have suggested that PG was justified in "banning first & investigating later." Although I do agree with that, to a certain extent, I do not think that it is fair for them to ban me and then not try to investigate the issue in a timely manner, or rather...not to make any attempt, at all. Also, it is a horrible insult to me, since they won't even respond back to my inquiries, especially considering how much money I have spent on this game. Also, some forum members have said that I should not expect any different treatment just because I am a forum member, or because I have spent a lot of money on the game. I want to make it clear...I do not expect any special treatment. I feel that any member of the game who gets cuts off and accused of cheating deserves timely acknowledgement, and a speedy investigation...regardless of whether they have spent money on the game, or any time in the forums. I merely point out the fact that I have spent so much money on the game because I think it should be pretty obvious that (if I were someone who could hack PG's server/game), then there is no way I would have actually wasted all of that money on in-game purchases. I know that it is 100% obvious to PG that I did not cheat, or hack anything. I also know that they have had plenty of time to "investigate" this and it is ridiculous that I have been banned for so long, with no response from them.

I now believe that this "banning" was a deliberate action against me, and other banned players who have also reached this level. I believe this because, after spending so much money on the game, I have finally accumulated so many diamond-paying recruits and diamond-dispersing decorations, that I no longer need to spend any actual money on the game now. At the end, I was earning at least 100 diamonds per day, so I stopped buying them. I believe the game developers have realized this, and, knowing that it is unlikely that they will continue to receive any money from me in the future, they have cut me off from the game. This is a horrible and unprofessional way to run any type of business, but it shows me that the developers have no respect for the players.

I do apologize for such a long-winded tirade, but PG is not listening to me at all. I wanted my voice to be heard so that other players can be aware of their unprofessional practices. Personally, I now view PG as the "cheater" in this scenario.

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    As much as I understand that you are angry, please note these kind of investigations can take time.

Also note that I advised you that you will be hearing from PG very soon. Which I am confident you will.

I have also spent a lot, more than your numbers. I have never been banned.

I am going to appeal to the forum if they allow this matter to be handled with the person in question and support.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

DA,

I know you've written to leave this alone, but I feel I have to speak up.

While I will agree with you that investigations take time, there is no reason why PG should not have at least made contact in response to the ticket filed. Simply by communicating with a player does not mean an investigation is complete or that a decision has been made. Making contact is simply a courtesy. Had someone filed a ticket for anything else, is the queue really that long that they would not hear anything back in the time frame this player speaks of - 16 days? No; tickets are usually handled in a somewhat prompt manner. Would people be angry if they filed a ticket asking for diamond reimbursement for something and waited 16 days (and counting) to receive a response? Absolutely. A 16-day wait is not acceptable. And that is all this player is requesting: to be handled and given the chance to communicate with the company to defend herself.

Investigations should take place with the presumption of innocence as the foundation, looking for guilt - not the other way around. By PG making contact, they could perhaps have learned, or can learn some information that could have assisted, or can assist, in their investigation.

It is clear this player believes she has been wrongly accused and I do applaud, and support, her for coming to the forum to defend herself and her legitimate presumption of innocence. While banning first is protocol - I'm the one who brought that up, it does not absolve PG from the necessity to respond in a timely manner to tickets dealing with said accusation, and if information could be discovered that might assist them in their investigation I'm not sure why they would turn that down.

I completely agree that this should be a matter between the player and PG, not here, but that is why she is here... Because PG "support" is not there responding to her.

I stand in support of her and demand that PG at least open up the route of communication and respond to her ticket, constructively, as needed - as they would with any ticket filed - to try and resolve the problem. As I said, it does not prove anything one way or another while an investigation may be occurring. It simply shows respect for the player and the process.
    "I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it is for or against." -- Malcolm X

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    And this is the reason why.

I am not going to go into specifics other than there was a response. Just not the one the player wanted.

Though agree that a quick note time to time to say that it was still being investigated would have been better. In saying that I did pass on the message on their behalf too.

In regards to the banning, why first. In my personal opinion the gravity of this bug was far too serious that they could allow these unreleased items to carry on spilling into the game.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

I understand, DA, and I'm I'm not speaking to the investigation and what it yields or does not; I am only stating that PG should have responded to the ticket sooner for the reasons I gave. I was the one who brought up the entire "ban first" and I'm not saying that is an issue - or that it is wrong for PG to protect their assets; remember I was the one who harped on having the unreleased clothing investigated...

I simply think that them ignoring the issue and waiting 16+ days to respond to a ticket, if that is indeed the case, benefitted no one and only caused further strain. If they respond to tickets as they allege, in a queue, then something is wrong when not everyone is waiting 16 days for a response. Because we know they aren't.

I brought up the issue before of being treated fairly, and that is important. It becomes a flip issue here as this player alleges she has not been treated fairly in terms of time waiting to receive a ticket response. Regardless of ticket reason or allegation, all players should be treated fairly, respectfully, and, where applicable, as being innocent until the company has overcome the burden of proof illustrating otherwise. We would all wish to be treated fairly if we were in similar shoes so we need to speak on behalf of those when it appears that fairness is an issue, regardless of the situation. Even if guilt is found, in any case, it needs to be arrived at in a fair and respectful manner.

If the lines of communication would have been opened, then perhaps this player would not have felt compelled to brave the forum and try to get an answer. Again, I'm not speaking to what the communication should have entailed, or should entail, or what the findings should be; that is of course well beyond me and none of my business - only that communication should have been initiated. I can't think of many here, playing SP, PC or CL, who would be satisfied with waiting over 2 weeks for a first response.

😊
    "I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it is for or against." -- Malcolm X

Thanks to everyone in the Forum who offered support for this issue, including DA, who has intervened with PG on my behalf. And, Vogue.One, I definitely appreciate your thoughts, as well.

I did hear from Jesse this evening, for the first time, and we have communicated a bit tonight. I do hope to be back up & running soon, as per his assurances this evening.

One final word that I do want to make clear, is that I did not compete in any showdowns with those unreleased items or recolors. However, I will admit that I did add many of them to my closet and I did put some in the boutique to sell. So, even though I never used the items to compete against any other players, I did enable some players to purchase some of the recolors in the boutique and probably use them against many of you. So, for that, I do apologize. I do see now that it was wrong for me to put them in the boutique.

Anyway, thanks again to everyone. Hopefully this issue will soon be behind us all. I am so ready to just get back in there and play!

Justice has prevailed and this is a wonderful moment. I am so happy to learn you will be able to get back into your game, Tena, and I am proud of you for pushing the envelope on the forum, presenting your case and defending yourself.

Tena, I think it was you I saw in FS recently. I hope that means everything has been resolved and you've regained access to your game. I hope you were fairly compensated for your lost time missing out on collecting diamonds and the trouble you went through!

Well, I HAVE ESSENTUALLY BEEN BANNED AGAIN! Technically, I have not gotten a “banned” message, but I have been locked out of my game for 22 days now. I have tried to take Darkangel’s advice, who previously posted to this thread, “please note these kind of investigations can take time.” But, I submitted a ticket 21 days ago and I have not gotten anywhere with PG, yet again. I understand now, that posting negatively in this forum is the only way to get them to acknowledge me. However, I think I am just finally done with this game completely, because I am so angry at the horrible way they treat their customers. So, they win…this is my farewell post, and I’ll just give up now. Before I leave, though, I want everyone to know how they treat their customers.

Apes! Mentioned that she thought she saw me in a showdown on 01-21-17. I actually did enter that WWE when it started, but my girl got stuck “loading” for the entire 72 hours of the event.” Then, that became the pattern. I was able to compete in the regular showdowns, but every single WWE was the same…my very first entry would get stuck loading for the entire 72 hours…every time. Of course, I submitted tickets each time. The WWE is my favorite part of the entire game. For the first 2 or 3 tickets, they responded by awarding me the prizes and saying that they were working on the problem. Then, at one point, they suggested that I delete the game and try reloading. But, my game would not reload and I was down for 3-4 days with no response from PG. Then, they stopped responding to my WWE tickets altogether. So, I just continued to play the game and I stopped creating tickets for the WWEs, even though I have not been able to compete in any of them since 01-21-17. So, I figured this was just all that I was going to get out of the game.

Then, on 06-24-17, my game would not load at all. This frequently happened, so I waited 31 hours before submitting a ticket request. I though 31 hours was long enough to wait. Two days later, I received the ONLY RESPONSE THAT I WOULD GET FROM PG, which was from Terr, who said:

“Thanks for writing in! I'm really sorry about this, but Jesse will need to help with this issue. I am going to escalate it to him so that he can address it. He should be in touch shortly. Thanks so much for your patience and for playing!”

On 6-29-17, I sent a follow up e-mail advising Terr that it had been 3 days and I have not heard from Jesse, or anyone. I got no response. On 07-02-17, I sent another follow up and my message to Terr included,”‘I am so upset that no one has helped me with this ticket yet. I can't believe that I missed out on the Mystery Box Girl quest, not to mention about 6 other quests, so far, and counting.“ Well, now it has been 22 days since I have not been able to play the game & I guess I am just giving in & giving up. PG still has not made any other contact with me.

I have really enjoyed all of the forum posts and seeing all of the things that I would have purchased, if I could get into the game. So, THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO POSTS IN THE FORUM! But, I truly do believe that PG no longer wants me to be able to play this game. For one reason, they can’t figure out how to fix it so that I can compete in the WWEs. But, I still contend that the main reason is the one that I mentioned in my original post (post # 1 to this thread)….”I now believe that this "banning" was a deliberate action against me, and other banned players who have also reached this level. I believe this because, after spending so much money on the game, I have finally accumulated so many diamond-paying recruits and diamond-dispersing decorations, that I no longer need to spend any actual money on the game now. At the end, I was earning at least 100 diamonds per day, so I stopped buying them. I believe the game developers have realized this, and, knowing that it is unlikely that they will continue to receive any money from me in the future, they have cut me off from the game.” I truly do believe this. Thanks to everyone, and farewell!