Thread: [Service Interruption] Why was the forum broken?

Lightbulb [Service Interruption] Why was the forum broken?

Hi Everyone,

We apologize for the inconvenience of the forum being down for the past 12-18 hours. Our forum host contacted us about our SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate expiring, which happens each year. We received the verification e-mail round 3am last night and have since sent the request and had it approved (which is how you're once again able to access the forum).

What is SSL?
    In very simple terms, SSL is the encryption between your browser (Chrome, Safari, etc.) and the site (PG Forums) to ensure no one but those two are able to understand what's being communicated in order to create a secure environment.

Again, we apologize for the interruption in service and thanks for your patience!

Paradise Cove - Leader of the Darkwings (PM me about joining our guild)

Remembering Nayjon (1970-2017), guildmate and lover of TPC. I'll miss you, brother!

Secret Passages - Billionaire Bandits

The Billionaire Bandit club finished 78 strong and I'm proud of all who made this so much fun. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

Wilsooon, I had the "can't verify server identity" message come up yesterday and tapped "Continue" and was able to access the forum with no further problems. I was familiar with this because it happened to me once with GoDaddy email and just recently with my electric company as I was trying to pay my online bill.

I'm wondering though, having read your explanation, by tapping "continue" to bypass the error message, if my device might have been vulnerable for a brief time...

Too late now I guess...

Oh, never mind...I just read DA's post in the Forum Issues thread...
    Last edited by salmo23; 01-06-17 at 05:47 PM.
    "But, time will tell, of stars that fell
    A million years ago.
    Memories can never take you back, home, sweet home.
    You can never go home anymore."

Sal. I just answered Darks post because I read it before this one. With Chrome I could not get passed the message but never even saw it on Safari. Confusing or what!
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.