Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 103

Thread: Who's staying/Who's leaving after 1/2/17

  1. #51
    Intrepid Explorer
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,490
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlou View Post
    Lol, Mike, you sure knows how to make time fly! You must tell us your secret, please.
    I own a second hand Delorian

    I have only just noticed the typo in my original post will leave it, but of course I meant 2nd January! Must be a post Christmas hangover
    Last edited by MikeN32; 01-03-17 at 02:52 PM.

  2. #52
    Intrepid Explorer Cosgrove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,346
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN32 View Post
    I own a second hand Delorian
    Does that mean you can go back and change the decision at PG to end events and content?

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN32 View Post
    I own a second hand Delorian
    Does that mean you can go back and change the decision at PG to end events and content?
    Level 117 just in time.

  3. #53
    Intrepid Explorer
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosgrove View Post
    Does that mean you can go back and change the decision at PG to end events and content?



    Does that mean you can go back and change the decision at PG to end events and content?
    Miracles I can do, but the impossible takes a little longer

  4. #54
    Zookeeper Tassie Ariana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Tasmania
    Posts
    826
    Not having a Delorian I'm actually waiting until the 2nd February to make my decision.

    In the meantime I have a new personal goal. I'm now 2 seedlings short of jungle status so will use my 10k of shovels to find drops and if necessary use rubies to purchase the remainder. Just need a rainy day and a good movie to get through all those shovels.
    Level 118
    iPad Air2, iOS 8.2
    SP v2.23 - 344,0
    Support ID: AOW37XJAVU
    Event ID: Ariana1619182694

  5. #55
    Intrepid Explorer
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassie Ariana View Post
    Not having a Delorian I'm actually waiting until the 2nd February to make my decision.

    In the meantime I have a new personal goal. I'm now 2 seedlings short of jungle status so will use my 10k of shovels to find drops and if necessary use rubies to purchase the remainder. Just need a rainy day and a good movie to get through all those shovels.
    The hit rate is about 2%, so if you already have some drops you should be OK. Monday madnesses will help as well and of course once you drop below 10K you can use the tokens to get more shovels.

  6. #56
    Intrepid Explorer
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Posts
    1,075
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN32 View Post
    The hit rate is about 2%, so if you already have some drops you should be OK. Monday madnesses will help as well and of course once you drop below 10K you can use the tokens to get more shovels.
    Have faith Mike in Tassie! She will manage to get the drop rate to be equal to the hit rate! The bridge will be there!

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN32 View Post
    The hit rate is about 2%, so if you already have some drops you should be OK. Monday madnesses will help as well and of course once you drop below 10K you can use the tokens to get more shovels.
    Have faith Mike in Tassie! She will manage to get the drop rate to be equal to the hit rate! The bridge will be there!
    Event name: H(o)ll(o)w / Olevia280723700, lvl 65, support ID: C8C4MGX4B4
    AT free thanks to GOD...

    No daily bonus since March update.
    Love You ALL! Forumers rock this world!

  7. #57
    Meticulous Scribe igotahavit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Between tomorrow and yesterday
    Posts
    2,861
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassie Ariana View Post
    Not having a Delorian I'm actually waiting until the 2nd February to make my decision.

    In the meantime I have a new personal goal. I'm now 2 seedlings short of jungle status so will use my 10k of shovels to find drops and if necessary use rubies to purchase the remainder. Just need a rainy day and a good movie to get through all those shovels.
    Tassie:

    You must have missed my other post in the other thread about this. Hollow implored me to do 200 digs to see if the drop/find rate had increased on RTDs. I personally don't see any hardcore stats behind that, plus why would PG make programming changes at this point. Just my opinion and stats, though.

    Nevertheless, what I do advocate and what I did prove to some extent (which would explain the increased drop/find rate of RTDs that Drumlyn and Hollow have seen) was that there are distribution variances to ALL prizes in digsites, including RTDs, as long as you do small sample size digs. Essentially, digging 100 or 200 times gives you a better chance at encountering a skewed distribution of RTDs, maybe 7-12 out of 200 digs. When I accepted Hollow's plea for me to do 200 digs, I came across 2 distribution variances for RTDs where I found 3 RTDs in each over something like 13 shovels for the first one and 19 shovels for the second one. The downfall comes in when players sitdown for a long period of digging, say 1K to 3K shovels like in the events. When you have sample sizes that big, the distribution variances smooth out and the law of averages takes over, dropping the find rate of RTDs to around 2.0% (in Oxford with no events running and P-Us and shovels capped) or around 0.75% (in non-Oxford sites during events with shovels under 10K and with construction relics in those digsites).

    It's the same principle that allows you to win in a casino, but only if you're not playing over long stretches of time. What I would tell you is (if you can and have the time), do 100 or 200 digs in the morning and then 100 or 200 digs at night. I think you'll find better distribution variances for RTDs doing that then just sitting there a whole day digging, unless you just want to sit and dig.

    If I feel up to it, I'll try to do more of these micro-dig runs of 100-200 shovels, just to see if I can keep getting those distribution variances on RTDs.
    Paradise Cove - Leader of the Darkwings (PM me about joining our guild)


    Secret Passages - Billionaire Bandits

    The Billionaire Bandit club is now 78 strong and growing and in its second year. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

    Congratulations to our newest Bandits:
    * Pippy * & Binkster!!

    Special congratulations to Meggymoo & Dr. Tammy for becoming the first 4BBs!

  8. #58
    Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    23,313
    How you all feeling now?

    I gone through this with plenty of games.


    "If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

  9. #59
    Sorority Superstar salmo23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    2,802
    Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    How you all feeling now?

    I gone through this with plenty of games.
    No biggie...it is what it is.

    Lol...that was a little flip...but really, it isn't all that hard for me to let the game phase out...I think I opened it once today...

    What I really liked about the game was what I experienced in the early stages...the Day Realm, the Night Realm, the Dunes associated with those Regions. The Events...those did not really hold my interest much, so their demise did not impact my game perspective in any dramatic way. I've simply finished the most important part of the game(to me)and have moved on.
    Last edited by salmo23; 01-03-17 at 07:02 PM.
    "But, time will tell, of stars that fell
    A million years ago.
    Memories can never take you back, home, sweet home.
    You can never go home anymore."

  10. #60
    Meticulous Scribe igotahavit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Between tomorrow and yesterday
    Posts
    2,861
    Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    How you all feeling now?

    I gone through this with plenty of games.
    Seriously? Seriously?

    What I am I going to do with my life now? I'm lost without this game. It's the worst thing possible.

    I guess I'll have to tune into a completely neutered forum, devoid of game play comments and strategy sharing. I'll have to learn to talk about wine and things above my 6th grade intelect, just to keep pace with all of the classy people who stay.

    Dr. Tammy will have to up my dosage of Thorazine just to keep me even.

    Jimbo will need to bury me in snow outside his cabin to reduce my palpitations.

    Really? Really? You have to ask that question? I hate PG! They ruined my life!


    [and as they all wonder if he is being truly serious at this moment he lets out a monsterous guffaw, looks them in the eye and sings . . . ]


    I got no (SP) deeds to do
    No promises to keep
    I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep
    Let the morning time drop all its petals on me
    Life I love you, all is groovy!


    But to directly answer your question as to how I'm feeling my dear DA . . . any better and I'd be twins.
    Paradise Cove - Leader of the Darkwings (PM me about joining our guild)


    Secret Passages - Billionaire Bandits

    The Billionaire Bandit club is now 78 strong and growing and in its second year. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

    Congratulations to our newest Bandits:
    * Pippy * & Binkster!!

    Special congratulations to Meggymoo & Dr. Tammy for becoming the first 4BBs!

  11. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Palm Beach County Florida
    Posts
    145
    All is groovy. Goofie. Something like that.

    I don't have too much left to do in SP. DR, NR, COS are finished. I remember looking at COS and thinking that I'd never be able to finish it. Even EG, which was a total mystery to me is pretty well done. I'm in the TImless Gallery and I think I only have Our Enemy's Tools to go. The funny thing is, I could move much quicker by just paying 1000 rubies to open each site rather than trying to earn the necessary eternity keys at the Challenge Passage, but it gives me something to do. I do have 27 dig sites left so that's something fun.

    I still don't get the import of the Crisis Passage sites though. I find the necessary items in the tomb, or pay the rubies if I missed the items, but then I search it and nothing happens - I don't even see any indicator that I searched a site. I don't know which ones I've searched and which I haven't. I think I remember reading some posts talking about that, but nothing seems to come of it. At some point I'll probably go through each one just to make sure I did it all. Then I quit.

  12. #62
    Zookeeper Tassie Ariana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Tasmania
    Posts
    826
    Gotta, I did read your post in the other thread and sort of read your digging statistics but my point was that I will use all my shovels and then quite happily use rubies to buy the remainder. After all there is no other use for rubies for me now and by the time I have dug all those times I will have amassed enough rubies.

    Having said all that, I will take your advice and dig 100-200 at a time. Cheers!
    Level 118
    iPad Air2, iOS 8.2
    SP v2.23 - 344,0
    Support ID: AOW37XJAVU
    Event ID: Ariana1619182694

  13. #63
    The Ambassador Spanish eyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    never known it so cold - Spain
    Posts
    7,436
    Anyone heard from Pips? She has not been sighted since last year.

    Look at the 'new forumers' sticky. Georgy came, posted three times and deleted her game, so sad.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

  14. #64
    Meticulous Scribe igotahavit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Between tomorrow and yesterday
    Posts
    2,861
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassie Ariana View Post
    Gotta, I did read your post in the other thread and sort of read your digging statistics but my point was that I will use all my shovels and then quite happily use rubies to buy the remainder. After all there is no other use for rubies for me now and by the time I have dug all those times I will have amassed enough rubies.

    Having said all that, I will take your advice and dig 100-200 at a time. Cheers!
    Tass:

    Oh, my bad. I thought you were looking for a new strategy to maximize finding RTDs in digsites. I just didn't want you to waste all of your shovels and get carpal tunnel, if you didn't have to. Sorry, misunderstood you. Just trying to be helpful.
    Paradise Cove - Leader of the Darkwings (PM me about joining our guild)


    Secret Passages - Billionaire Bandits

    The Billionaire Bandit club is now 78 strong and growing and in its second year. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

    Congratulations to our newest Bandits:
    * Pippy * & Binkster!!

    Special congratulations to Meggymoo & Dr. Tammy for becoming the first 4BBs!

  15. #65
    Intrepid Explorer
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Running with my dog in the Hills of Zurich
    Posts
    1,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanish eyes View Post
    Anyone heard from Pips? She has not been sighted since last year.

    Look at the 'new forumers' sticky. Georgy came, posted three times and deleted her game, so sad.
    I read it just after rereading the Gravedigger picture portion. Great timing

    Georgie you'll be missed.

  16. #66
    Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    23,313
    Quote Originally Posted by igotahavit View Post
    Seriously? Seriously?

    What I am I going to do with my life now? I'm lost without this game. It's the worst thing possible.

    I guess I'll have to tune into a completely neutered forum, devoid of game play comments and strategy sharing. I'll have to learn to talk about wine and things above my 6th grade intelect, just to keep pace with all of the classy people who stay.

    Dr. Tammy will have to up my dosage of Thorazine just to keep me even.

    Jimbo will need to bury me in snow outside his cabin to reduce my palpitations.

    Really? Really? You have to ask that question? I hate PG! They ruined my life!


    [and as they all wonder if he is being truly serious at this moment he lets out a monsterous guffaw, looks them in the eye and sings . . . ]


    I got no (SP) deeds to do
    No promises to keep
    I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep
    Let the morning time drop all its petals on me
    Life I love you, all is groovy!


    But to directly answer your question as to how I'm feeling my dear DA . . . any better and I'd be twins.
    I wait for the day I get a one line reply lol. Hehe


    "If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

  17. #67
    Meticulous Scribe igotahavit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Between tomorrow and yesterday
    Posts
    2,861
    Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    I wait for the day I get a one line reply lol. Hehe
    It'll never happen!


    You see.
    Paradise Cove - Leader of the Darkwings (PM me about joining our guild)


    Secret Passages - Billionaire Bandits

    The Billionaire Bandit club is now 78 strong and growing and in its second year. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

    Congratulations to our newest Bandits:
    * Pippy * & Binkster!!

    Special congratulations to Meggymoo & Dr. Tammy for becoming the first 4BBs!

  18. #68
    Intrepid Explorer
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Running with my dog in the Hills of Zurich
    Posts
    1,484
    Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    I wait for the day I get a one line reply lol. Hehe
    DA, I just wanted to say you've been a good moderator. Some of us were wary about the non-PG employee moderators. After experiencing the dictator style of a moderator on a new game I play (that forum is no fun) you should be commended for allowing the free flow of information and feedback while making sure everyone is mostly well behaved. You've allowed us to rant, argue praise and laugh without implementing a (new USA term don't hurt the snowflakes feelings. You've kept and encouraged the familial vibe of this forum, even though we are the definition of dysfunctional and only "scolded" when it truly went too far.

    Keep up the good work.

    This forum has ruined me for all other forums

  19. #69
    Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    23,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    DA, I just wanted to say you've been a good moderator. Some of us were wary about the non-PG employee moderators. After experiencing the dictator style of a moderator on a new game I play (that forum is no fun) you should be commended for allowing the free flow of information and feedback while making sure everyone is mostly well behaved. You've allowed us to rant, argue praise and laugh without implementing a (new USA term don't hurt the snowflakes feelings. You've kept and encouraged the familial vibe of this forum, even though we are the definition of dysfunctional and only "scolded" when it truly went too far.

    Keep up the good work.

    This forum has ruined me for all other forums
    Awww, how sweet and kind of you for saying this. I am often misunderstood, (Igot is going to break out in a song on behalf of me) . But I appreciate you taking the time to share this, thank you. X
    Last edited by darkangel; 01-05-17 at 07:01 PM.


    "If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

  20. #70
    Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    23,313
    Quote Originally Posted by igotahavit View Post
    It'll never happen!


    You see.
    Haha, wait over.

    Let's see, will you be this quick with my chocolate demands?


    "If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

  21. #71
    Smurfic Explorer BlueBlou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,163
    Strictly speaking, Gotta used two lines, although it could have been one line. He is a wily one. Lol, his "no comment" replies probably fall in the one line category.

  22. #72
    Meticulous Scribe igotahavit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Between tomorrow and yesterday
    Posts
    2,861
    Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    (Igot is going to break out in a song on behalf of me) .
    Well, it's probably not "Evil Woman" by ELO. And it's probably not "Cold as Ice" by Foreigner. Hmmmm, let's see . . .

    Okay.

    "You're my (dark) angel, come and save me tonight!" With an assist from Steven Tyler and Aerosmith.

    On my way to buy some chocolates for you.
    Paradise Cove - Leader of the Darkwings (PM me about joining our guild)


    Secret Passages - Billionaire Bandits

    The Billionaire Bandit club is now 78 strong and growing and in its second year. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

    Congratulations to our newest Bandits:
    * Pippy * & Binkster!!

    Special congratulations to Meggymoo & Dr. Tammy for becoming the first 4BBs!

  23. #73
    Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    23,313
    Quote Originally Posted by igotahavit View Post
    Well, it's probably not "Evil Woman" by ELO. And it's probably not "Cold as Ice" by Foreigner. Hmmmm, let's see . . .

    Okay.

    "You're my (dark) angel, come and save me tonight!" With an assist from Steven Tyler and Aerosmith.

    On my way to buy some chocolates for you.
    OooOh Evil sounds perfect lol.


    "If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

  24. #74
    Longtime Tapper
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    England
    Posts
    714
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Pippy; 01-10-17 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Trying to sort the pics out, give up!

  25. #75
    Intrepid Explorer
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Posts
    1,075
    Updated iOS to 10.2 and after I launched the game I have again the daily bonus.
    Almost 2 years...
    Event name: H(o)ll(o)w / Olevia280723700, lvl 65, support ID: C8C4MGX4B4
    AT free thanks to GOD...

    No daily bonus since March update.
    Love You ALL! Forumers rock this world!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •