Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's staying/Who's leaving after 1/2/17

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish eyes View Post
    I will try and find it. I did post it and was keeping the post updated. I only lost the map with the push pins on it. That went with the PM copies I lost a while ago, they were on the same flash drive.

Different subject and I know this is not the right place but can anyone give me a weather update for LA? Daughter is driving from Frisco towards LA tomorrow and leaving torrential rain. We should have been with them but were unable to make it this year.

SE, it rained here in SoCal all night and is still going now...not hard though. Looks like the storm has passed on to the east and all north/south highways are clear.
    iPad Air 2
    Gamecenter ID: wildflourgirl

This is the storm which might bring us some snow...
    "But, time will tell, of stars that fell
    A million years ago.
    Memories can never take you back, home, sweet home.
    You can never go home anymore."

Intrepid Explorer
    Is this the weather report thread now?

I can happily state that we got a lot of rain last night. I am hoping for a wet winter so we can get out of our drought conditions here in my part of California.

SE, what is your daughter doing in California? Is she just visiting on vacation or traveling for work?
    Last edited by Cyber gamer; 12-16-16 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber gamer View Post
    Is this the weather report thread now?

I can happily state that we got a lot of rain last night. I am hoping for a wet winter so we can get out of our drought conditions here in my part of California.

SE, what is your daughter doing in California? Is she just visiting on vacation or traveling for work?
    why cant it be a weather report as well? All things to all people. She and her fella are on vacation, a sort of road trip from Frisco, eventually Santa Monica via Monteray, Carmel, then on to Vagas, some other places then home on 29th. This will be a Christmas without her but every credit for them enjoying themselves.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

I tried to post to this thread before the event started but must have taken too long as it made me refresh (and lost my message) so I gave up in favour of searching. Now I'm taking a break (having crashed out) just to say that it really wasn't so long ago that I didn't have enough resources to compete, but (like dgk2) loved the graphics and music in DR and NR. Arguably, the events actually spoiled my experience somewhat as I had to rush through to upgrade scenes in order to stimulate ruby trades. So I won't get any more of the cool passage opening sounds and effect, but haven't yet finished upgrading NR (ruby expensive). I'm also less than half way through EG so I plan to take a step back and recall the days when things were simpler and my expectations were lower (of the game) and continue playing to finish it in the new year. I will also read some earlier threads in the forum as I get the impression the game was very different in the early days and I look forward to seeing how the relationships on the forum developed. No doubt future readers will have no idea what everyone was on about with the events!

Separately, 1) Hollow, I have in the past sometimes found myself confused by your posts. Not because I couldn't understand what you were saying. To the contrary, it was because sometimes you write like a native English speaker that it blew me away.

2) Blue and Pippy, I love your ever changing avatars.

3) California, we love it! Hope your daughter and her fella have a great time"

I'll be in Vegas for Christmas but I doubt I'll run into your daughter, SE!

Quote Originally Posted by Topmom52 View Post
    I'll be in Vegas for Christmas but I doubt I'll run into your daughter, SE!
    She is just a younger version of me, you cannot miss her.
    Whoops, you dont know what I look like. Never mind.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Pastybeene View Post
    I'm staying. I've got to finish EG and see how it all ends.
    Apologies if I've asked you this before...I'm having a hard time keeping up with all the jibber jabber I've posted over the past couple of years.

But I've always wondered about this...is it really "Pastybeene" or was it a typo and you meant " Patsybeene"? One of my dear friends is named "Patsy"...and even her Dad would put the "s" before the "t" sometimes when writing to her..."Dear Pasty"...lol.
    A million years ago.

Tammy, I will still be around checking in on everybody. Plus, I will update my thread with needed comic relief. I have been re-set back to zero and probably will not play the game from the beginning again. Can't leave my peeps though. Too fun.

Jimbo

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by SecretJimbo; 12-20-16 at 01:03 PM.
    Jimbo

My friend has a trophy wife, but I don' think it was first place.......

The closest I get to a food diary is my shirt at the end of the day......

A piņata that doesn't break is broken......

Today someone knocked on my door asking for a donation to the local swimming pool, so I gave him a glass of water......

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by salmo23 View Post
    Apologies if I've asked you this before...I'm having a hard time keeping up with all the jibber jabber I've posted over the past couple of years.

But I've always wondered about this...is it really "Pastybeene" or was it a typo and you meant " Patsybeene"? One of my dear friends is named "Patsy"...and even her Dad would put the "s" before the "t" sometimes when writing to her..."Dear Pasty"...lol.
    Salmo,

I think this is one of those times when your brain automatically fixes a word to make it spell correctly or make sense because until you pointed this out just now, I have always been reading it as Patsy and not Pasty too. . Patsy Beene not Pasty Beene

Salmo,

It's like this. I was trying to come up with a login name when I first joined SP. I work in a library and was shelving books. I noticed a piece of paper sticking out of one. It was a handwritten recipe for Tasty bean salad. I scanned it quickly and started laughing until I cried. My brain read tasty bean as Pastybeene. And so my screen name. Unfortunately, I threw out the recipe so I'll never know if it was tasty or pasty.
    Last edited by Pastybeene; 12-18-16 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Because it posted twice.

Intrepid Explorer
    Speaking of weather, I just read about someone in our local paper saying they were originally from the Upper Pennisula in Michigan where quote "We had 9 months of winter and 3 months of tough sledding". Someone else said they were from the Chicago area where the two seasons were "winter and road work". LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber gamer View Post
    Speaking of weather, I just read about someone in our local paper saying they were originally from the Upper Pennisula in Michigan where quote "We had 9 months of winter and 3 months of tough sledding". Someone else said they were from the Chicago area where the two seasons were "winter and road work". LOL!
    Yep, I'm originally from the Chicago area, and that is so true! Except we said "winter and construction."

Quote Originally Posted by Topmom52 View Post
    Yep, I'm originally from the Chicago area, and that is so true! Except we said "winter and construction."
    We say that in Central Illinois too. Most road construction finished right before winter arrived.
    Level 117 just in time.

Intrepid Explorer
    When I arrived in Canada I was told the same about the two seasons and it has proven on so true.

I am planning on continue playing. Goals include finishing Epoch Grove and maybe City of Secrets. After I upgraded my mini Ipad to IOS 10, I get kicked out of the game so much that I found it too frustrating to play as much as before upgrading.

Even tho I'm gutted to have missed the last big scoring event. I had been preparing for ages <\3 I will be sticking around. I took up a moderating position in an anime chat room so I am just trying to find a balance between SP and there.
    Have been playing since the game came out lol! Took a long break and my progress is shocking. Don't judge. <3

Depends on whether they fix the issues with the game really.

Quote Originally Posted by Neville Hope View Post
    Depends on whether they fix the issues with the game really.
    Nev. You have been missing a while I think. There is not going to be any fixing I am afraid. The only thing PG intends is to keep the game ticking over with a skeleton staff. The resources are being ploughed into r & d and poor old SP has fallen by the wayside. I know you only dip into forum so perhaps you have missed the comments by Sooni.
    SMELL THE ROSES.

Yet I'll imagine they'll keep the in-game purchases. Not sure how they'll justify charging people for in-game purchases for an app that crashes all the time, takes three minutes to open and doesn't work properly when it does. Ridiculous IMO.

So far we have not had any who have admitted to leaving after today. I hope those who leave will say goodbye, and not just fade away.
    Level 117

I actually have left the Forum several times. I've constructed posts or made comments which I thought had subtle nuances that should be interpreted as "Salmo's Goodbye". I would think to myself, "Wow, that was it...don't say anything more!" But then someone, usually SE or Jimbo, would post something that I could not ignore and I would fall back into my old jibber-jabber pattern. One day, I will stick to my guns and that will be that...no drama, just quietly slip away...going, going...gone...no looking back. But that's just me.

However, if I were to make a "Big Announce" and then have a change of heart, I would have no qualms about returning, if I chose to do so. That would be my decision...and if that might bother some, well, it's really none of their beeswax.
    Last edited by salmo23; 01-02-17 at 03:26 PM.
    A million years ago.

Right now, I am not leaning one way or another. I'm likely to continue for a while just to see what it is like with no events and collect my Ruby Tree Seeds. May or may not be worth it. As for the forum, I am not a frequent poster, but really enjoy reading the banter. I will probably will chime in now and then.

Intrepid Explorer
    Well the second of February (sic meant January!) has been and gone and I am still here. Surprised to get a new EG dune site this morning (Autumn birch forest), so it seems that reports of SPs death have been greatly exaggerated. The new site took all of 17 tokens to unlock (I am still maxed out on candy coffee and shovels) and I actually had it unlocked before I finished the crypting for today's three parter.
    Last edited by MikeN32; 01-03-17 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeN32 View Post
    Well the second of February has been and gone and I am still here.
    Lol, Mike, you sure knows how to make time fly! You must tell us your secret, please.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast