Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Who's staying/Who's leaving after 1/2/17

Quote Originally Posted by MikeN32 View Post
    Well done and welcome to the jungle. That is doing it the hard way.

Your next goal should be to crypt 2265 times to get your shovels back, then repeat the above indefinitely
    Excellent idea, Mike, can't imagine why I never thought of it! . How's your iron ore total? Besides all the PT's I now have over 12000 iron ores...

And yes, Hollow, I can almost hear the "I told you so" from Philly.
    Level 118
    iPad Air2, iOS 8.2
    SP v2.23 - 344,0
    Support ID: AOW37XJAVU
    Event ID: Ariana1619182694

Quote Originally Posted by Tassie Ariana View Post
    Since my post #54 in this thread it has been 9 days and I now have enough drops to craft #200 seedlings. Once it has been crafted I'll post the screenshot in the HoF thread but I thought to offer the following results from my digging:

I needed to find 143 drops (allowing for 2 Monday madness and 1 daily bonus)
    I used net 5720 shovels (starting at 10300 and finishing at 4580), add on 63 (for 9 days x 7 from shovel smith anvil), add on 500 (this is a guess) for daily play and some quests for a total of 6283 shovels used
    This means my find rate (in Oxford, all maxed out on PU) of 2.3%

I didn't record all my digging results but for 5 lots of consecutive 100 searches there were 6-7 drops available. Once I hit 5 of them but mostly it was 3.

Conclusion: I am OVER digging. This is my final personal goal, if I don't come up with another by 2nd February it may well be time to say goodbye.

Edit: in the process I gained 2265 PTs!
    Tassie:

First, super job. It's tough doig all that digging, but you accomplished your goal. Congrats.

(Don't tell my brother, Hollow, that I told him so. LOL)

You see, that 2-2.3% find rate for RTDs was something that I focused on discovering early with large sample size digs. Truth be told, I made that a focus (of several experiments) because I thought if it was actually higher or if digging in Oxford during non-event, non-12-stage quest times with PUs and shovels maxed made the find rate higher, that it would be an easy supplemental way to increase my ruby tree seedling totals, thus adding to my rubies to be used in the events. Kind of like a supercharging effect, get ahead of the competition and stay there. But after doing like 10K-15K digs like I did, there was no significant improvement over the approximate 2% find rate for RTDs that I saw.

I will say this again, I have done several small digs over the past week or so (roughly 40 digs here, 50 digs there) and I still see that distribution variance occurring where I have found 4 or 5 RTDs and seen about 3-4 more that I missed. It helped me complete another seedling. As I said in that other post, I can't guarantee that everyone will get the same variance or even any variance, but it seems like a viable strategy moving forward if you're in it for the RTDs.
    Paradise Cove - Leader of the Darkwings (PM me about joining our guild)

Secret Passages - Billionaire Bandits

The Billionaire Bandit club is now 78 strong and growing and in its second year. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

Congratulations to our newest Bandits:
    * Pippy * & Binkster!!

Special congratulations to Meggymoo & Dr. Tammy for becoming the first 4BBs!

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassie Ariana View Post
    Excellent idea, Mike, can't imagine why I never thought of it! . How's your iron ore total? Besides all the PT's I now have over 12000 iron ores...

And yes, Hollow, I can almost hear the "I told you so" from Philly.
    You will have to repeat the dig/crypt cycle a few times, I have 33,633 iron ore

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345