Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's staying/Who's leaving after 1/2/17

Who's staying/Who's leaving after 1/2/17

I am curious who will continue to read/contribute to the forum after the new year and who plans to leave and not look back. I understand both, but I would like to know to whom we will be saying a final goodbye. I plan to stick around and still play the game some.

Reminiscent of the Previous Who's Who list, I will make another one here:
    Post your plan in this thread, and I will add you to the list!

Will still be around some after 1/2/17:

Claire de Lune
    Cosgrove
    dgk02
    Dr Tammy
    Drumlyn
    Hollow
    KIWICANUCK
    >>Lehana<<
    Matilda
    MelodyBanana
    merlot101
    Pastybeene
    PGWilsooon
    Primitive Caveman
    PvilleCA
    RosemaryL
    salmo23??
    SecretJimbo
    Snarklady
    Spanish eyes
    Topmom52

Swan Song/Final Goodbye after 1/2/17:
    Last edited by Dr Tammy; 01-02-17 at 12:02 PM.
    Level 117

I will stick around the forum, and play.
    Level 110
    Ipad Air 2
    Support ID: ZXNXUB92QA

I'm staying. I've got to finish EG and see how it all ends.

I'm deleting game but sticking around the forum for a while anyway.

I will be around for quite a while as I have loads to do. But.... As I said previously, not with the same energy. I have only been around more since the announcement because I wanted to support everyone.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Longtime Tapper Primitive Caveman's Avatar
    I posted here

https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...l=1#post616187

...then wasn't sure where it fitted....

I probably will collect rubies and visit the forum every day at least until I decide whether I still enjoy the game. But I plan to play a lot less and allow my hands to rest and hopefully heal. I think playing again on the iPhone has really aggravated my arthritis - need to get back to doing piano scales/exercises.
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done
    Oh no! Was that last dune site?

I will be playing until I finish the dig sites. I haven't decided about all those E.G. Du e sites yet. I have around 20 to do and not sure I have it within me to finish all of those but there are some that don't take that many rubies to finish so I will finish those off with rubies. I will still check the forum at least for a while. My playing time has decreased and probably will more as the game winds down. I have loved getting to know all of you.
    Level 117 just in time.

I'll play the game and visit the forums. I'll still do the daily quests and work through EG. Like I wrote in another thread, I really like looking at the artwork and it seems a shame to quit without looking at the art that's still to be uncovered. I'll mourn the loss of the events of course, but I enjoyed playing the game before I was advanced enough to break into the top 100 in the events so I can muddle through.

This will free up some time though, so perhaps I'll finally tackle Fallout 4 on the PC.

I'll stick around now that Wilsoon got Peaceful Warrior fixed. I too want to finish and get all the keys for all the dunes and dig sites. I'm even going back and getting all the keys in CofS. And I'll check the forum periodically, but probably not every day.

I'll be around: forum and game. Still some sites to upgrade in the NR and if the Dunes in EG really start to recycle (they never did for me in COS) I have a few sites that I lost the first time around.
    Maybe the new game PG is cooking will be able to gather us all again...

Longtime Tapper
    I still have 8 regular sites in the Eternity Passage to open, plus several dig sites there (some of which I won't open, I'm sure.) I missed a few Crisis Passage scenes - I'll see if they recycle. I might upgrade the sunstone (or whatever) to level 10, just to see if I really notice the difference in my shovel count. Like many, I play much less now that DR, NR and CoS are finished. Will still check the forum fairly regularly.

Intrepid Explorer
    I know, nobody loves me, especially honest players, who doesn't know or doesn't want to use dirty play...
    I don't have sophisticated grammar skills to entertain anyone on the most popular language.
    I wil stick around as I have many sites and realms to finish.
    Sorry if I offended anyone especially sorry for Cyber and salmo!
    Event name: H(o)ll(o)w / Olevia280723700, lvl 65, support ID: C8C4MGX4B4
    AT free thanks to GOD...

No daily bonus since March update.
    Love You ALL! Forumers rock this world!

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    I know, nobody loves me, especially honest players, who doesn't know or doesn't want to use dirty play...
    I don't have sophisticated grammar skills to entertain anyone on the most popular language.

Hollow...when I leave the Forum, I will look back and remember that we all, more or less, played the game "our" way. It's been a wild ride at times, but I can honestly say that I harbor no ill feelings against any of you...

This is not to say that some things that have gone on here have not bothered me...some things have. And I'm sure I have stepped on some toes as well. But I would never hold a grudge over anything that transpires here...life is too short.
    Last edited by salmo23; 12-14-16 at 06:06 PM.
    "But, time will tell, of stars that fell
    A million years ago.
    Memories can never take you back, home, sweet home.
    You can never go home anymore."

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    I don't love you because you came along and started beating me in world events and stealing ruby trees from me! How dare you! I could have had over 1,000 trees by now if it wasn't for you . . . and Mike . . . and Tammy, Kiwi, Widget, Meggy, Gameholic, and all the other wonderful, err, cut-throat, hard-core, competitive players.

You might not have sophisticated grahmmer, but that didn't stop you from entertaining many, including me. I will always remember those PMs you sent me where it took 3 of them for me to figure out what you were trying to communicate, but when I did, holy shXt, I couldn't believe some of the discoveries that you made on the advanced end of the game.

And just remember, we've all used "certain" tactics or leverage to our advantage at some point in this game, including myself. Most, if not all (except for the hackers), were perfectly legitimate and okay with PG. Kill or be killed. As I said before, Darwin, survival of the fittest. But I can also attest to the considerate side of you, with the many PMs that you sent to me asking if it was okay to finish top-2 or top-7 and checking to see if it was going to "bump" anybody (forumers) from those positions.

I think it's safe to say that you've earned your spot in the SP HOF, at least you certainly don't have to solicit my vote.

And as far as the cultural differences, I told you before, we're just brothers from different mothers, that's all.

It's been my honor to play this game with you.
    Paradise Cove - Leader of the Darkwings (PM me about joining our guild)

Remembering Nayjon (1970-2017), guildmate and lover of TPC. I'll miss you, brother!

Secret Passages - Billionaire Bandits

The Billionaire Bandit club finished 78 strong and I'm proud of all who made this so much fun. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

Intrepid Explorer
    Hollow, I love your postings on the forum. I admire those who can speak more than one language and are willing to communicate in one that is not their mother tongue. When we play we all March to different drums and that is what makes us unique as individuals. Please continue to post.

Intrepid Explorer
    Running with my dog in the Hills of Zurich
    I'm staying. I am just finishing all the COS dig sites (5 areas left to get to 5 keys in both regular and shadow mode). Then I will return to epic grove to plod through.

I haven't decided if I will bother with the dune sites because I know there are many I missed in both COS and E.G.

This forum has been a joy to read and participate. It has reminded us that the world's people are the same but different and that is good. I'm not one of these "One World" people but I do believe all people/cultures really do hope for the same things. This diverse wonderful group has proved it again and again.

I too greatly admire all players for whom English is not the primary language. Often I am very impressed with their postings in forum - I could not do so well in another language and sometimes I can't do as well in English. I have thought for some time that the British spread the English language around the world and US movies and TV have made our language even more widespread. Guess I will have to add games to that list. Of course it is possible that the civilized world considers us to be a virus.

On a related but different topic, I would be most interested in seeing that list SE was compiling with all the countries represented in forum.
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done
    Oh no! Was that last dune site?

I'll be around.

Longtime Tapper
    Last edited by PvilleCA; 01-05-17 at 08:25 PM.

Intrepid Explorer
    Thank you forum!!!
    Event name: H(o)ll(o)w / Olevia280723700, lvl 65, support ID: C8C4MGX4B4
    AT free thanks to GOD...

No daily bonus since March update.
    Love You ALL! Forumers rock this world!

Quote Originally Posted by RosemaryL View Post
    I too greatly admire all players for whom English is not the primary language. Often I am very impressed with their postings in forum - I could not do so well in another language and sometimes I can't do as well in English. I have thought for some time that the British spread the English language around the world and US movies and TV have made our language even more widespread. Guess I will have to add games to that list. Of course it is possible that the civilized world considers us to be a virus.

On a related but different topic, I would be most interested in seeing that list SE was compiling with all the countries represented in forum.
    I will try and find it. I did post it and was keeping the post updated. I only lost the map with the push pins on it. That went with the PM copies I lost a while ago, they were on the same flash drive.

Different subject and I know this is not the right place but can anyone give me a weather update for LA? Daughter is driving from Frisco towards LA tomorrow and leaving torrential rain. We should have been with them but were unable to make it this year.
    Last edited by Spanish eyes; 12-16-16 at 12:51 AM.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

The location list.

Rosemary asked about this and (wonder of wonders) I found it.
    this is where it is if anyone wants to read more....
    https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...Where-are-your

and this is what it says with the slight alteration that I added Hollow. Have I missed anywhere?

One of these days when I have several hours to spare I am going to plot our members. I find it intriguing where we all come from. In Europe we have the UK, Netherlands, Germany, (Bavaria as well for OTBB) Italy, Spain (1, me when I am there), Austria, Denmark, Hungary
    America, Canada, South America, Laos, Indonesia, Argentina, Beruit, Singapore, Samoa, Tasmania, Australia, New Zealand, Philippines, Africa
    Now where have missed? Do we have anybody from France? Please add your location for my list if I have missed you.
    Last edited by Spanish eyes; 12-16-16 at 02:30 AM.
    SMELL THE ROSES.

Africa

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlou View Post
    Africa
    which bit? I have changed it to the continent for now. Sorry I missed you before.
    SMELL THE ROSES.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast