Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.

Wow...Adele really cleaned up at the Grammys. Must be the badge...

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  126.0 KB
    "But, time will tell, of stars that fell
    A million years ago.
    Memories can never take you back, home, sweet home.
    You can never go home anymore."

Intrepid Explorer
    She has such a great voice. I did not watch the show but understand there were some great hilights.

I was busy shovelling snow. Had over ten inches and it took some time to do.

Wow...look who grabbed the top honor at the Westminster Dog Show last night. Rumor, the champion German Shepherd named after Adele's hit "Rumor Has It" won Best in Show.

Way to go girl...Woof!!!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  93.7 KB
    "But, time will tell, of stars that fell
    A million years ago.
    Memories can never take you back, home, sweet home.
    You can never go home anymore."

Kiwi, I was wondering how your New Years Resolution was going? Are you still getting one extra chore a day done? I am slowly working through my house. I have 3 areas left to clean. I am almost done with the kitchen and then only 2 more to go! But one of those is my sewing room and I am working in their regularly so cleaning is challenging. But it is getting more organized which is good.
    Level 117 just in time.

Intrepid Explorer
    Sadly I have not managed to keep the good intentions up. I am still plugging away at it but have been involved with family obligations and a very sick friend. I have made progress in packing up things to donate but they are all sitting in my back room waiting to be taken to the charity store. The one thing that is still going very well is trying to cook better meals for myself as I was finding it a hassle to cook for one and was looking for easy solutions. I now am eating better and cooking a decent meal way more often. Baby steps.

I had a group of goods books that were on my hold list at the library became available so I have had to devote some time to reading, not that that is a hardship. I now have that down to a manageable level. I have also been running around getting things ready for my trip to Florida in two weeks. I had a seniors moment and had not checked when my passport expired (which unfortunately it had two weeks ago) so that involved extra time to renew that that I had not planned on. I pick my new one up tomorrow.

I went to see the movie Lalaland tonight and while it was good (not great) I am not sure what all the hype is about. I want yo see Loving You and the new Beauty and the Beast.

Cosie, I am glad you have almost finished your "purging" and can understand about the sewing room. When I sorted out all my wool it was daunting but well worth it when I was finished. I was reading a book on minimalist living and I certainly would not survive. I even watch on the Home and Gardens shows about people and their tiny houses and I have to admire them but am not sure I could live in such a compact space.

Intrepid Explorer
    Sadly I have not managed to keep the good intentions up. I am still plugging away at it but have been involved with family obligations and a very sick friend. I have made progress in packing up things to donate but they are all sitting in my back room waiting to be taken to the charity store. The one thing that is still going very well is trying to cook better meals for myself as I was finding it a hassle to cook for one and was looking for easy solutions. I now am eating better and cooking a decent meal way more often. Baby steps.

I had a group of goods books that were on my hold list at the library became available so I have had to devote some time to reading, not that that is a hardship. I now have that down to a manageable level. I have also been running around getting things ready for my trip to Florida in two weeks. I had a seniors moment and had not checked when my passport expired (which unfortunately it had two weeks ago) so that involved extra time to renew that that I had not planned on. I pick my new one up tomorrow.

I went to see the movie Lalaland tonight and while it was good (not great) I am not sure what all the hype is about. I want yo see Loving You and the new Beauty and the Beast.

Cosie, I am glad you have almost finished your "purging" and can understand about the sewing room. When I sorted out all my wool it was daunting but well worth it when I was finished. I was reading a book on minimalist living and I certainly would not survive. I even watch on the Home and Gardens shows about people and their tiny houses and I have to admire them but am not sure I could live in such a compact space.

I'm feeling really great about my clean up. I am not sure it was a new years resolution, but I was tired of my basement having just a walk way. (Yes a house in California with a basement). ANYWAY I told a friend that I had some giveaway stuff but no place to hold it. She recommended a young man who would work for cheap and would come over to help. We filled his SUV, his dad's SUV AND a trailer. They even took the outdated TVs (not flat screens). I had furniture from my mother-in-laws house as well as her entire kitchen, plus stuff we had not used for years. And this was after I had some young single moms from the gym take want they wanted.

The guys helped us reorg inside my house as well. My brother came by for the roll top desk and now I have the start of a real guest room. All told it's only been about 4 very long and hard days, but without the help I bet I would only have finished 2 or 3 boxes.

More to go but most of it will be recycle or shredding as it old company records from business clients. Now if I keep up the momentum it's all good.

Intrepid Explorer
    Well done JT. I am still determined to do more and I like the feeling of satisfaction with every box that gets donates.

I have talked to lots of folks and apparently we all tend to procrastinate when it comes to cleaning up treasures that we have stored and never again use. I have finally given my girls all of their school reports, class photos, and all of their awards from swimming and skating. I also gave them all the toys and books I had put aside many years ago. I only have one granddaughter and she now has seven cabbage patch dolls, eleven Barbie dolls and two entire collections of Strawberry Shortcake dolls.

Still more clutter to clear however I have come along way since the beginning of the new year.

Intrepid Explorer
    Well, seven months later I am still purging at a very slow rate. I have many totally empty cupboards and am trying not to be tempted into putting just a few things in then.

I have shredded seven years worth of papers from my late husbands construction business. I have also decided to let go by of my library containing 600 hardcover books so I have invited some ex workmates over to a book party. I will provide the food, they bring the wine and boxes to take home books. I am also going to give away my DVD library of over 400 movies. I will keep some but not many.

My next task is to go through dishes, linens etc. I do not do the entertaining that I used to and things are taking up space. I will keep a couple of table cloths but out with the rest. I also had a very large collection of candles along with holders and they are not in vogue now. I donate to our local Value Village and I keep on having visions of another house exsisting just like mine. What a thought. The guys up there know me quite well now.

I had converted a back bedroom into an entrance way to my very large covered deck. I finally made some decions of what I wanted down with the room. I had removed the wardrobe doors and had a contractor come over and convert it into an office space. I had the wiring moved so all the power supply is in the Ex wardrobe and it now houses my computer and printer, modems etc on a desk top the width of the double wardrobe and a couple I'd shelves. Turned out really well.

I need some work done in the basement so I will get that done early in the fall. I section of flooring needs to be laid and a small utility cupboard build to hide the water main etc. I will then have the main floor and basement painted.

I miss playing SP and have stopped even looking for a game to take its place. The weekends are not the same without that adrenalin rush of the events and the forum comments while playing those events. Oh well, as they say, all good things must come to an end sometime.

Wishing all forum members all the best.

Kiwi, it sounds like you have done an amazing job of purging and remodeling. It sounds like it will be wonderful when all is done. Congrats to you!
    I also have not found another game and have quit looking. I am enjoying playing with fabric and of course working in the garden. I need to do a better job of purging things like you have done but slowly I am getting rid of things but also acquiring more fabric. But overall there is less and I enjoy not having lots of stuff that just takes up space.
    As of August first I quit actively searching. I am only searching the new EG site when I open it. I am still trading what relics I have and using the power tokens I have but when those are gone and my rubies are gone I will completely quit playing. It has been a very freeing decision.
    Best of luck with your continued remodeling and enjoy your party getting rid of books and movies.
    Level 117 just in time.

I'm a Nervous Nelly, I know. But to those that may have personal contact info for Spanish Eyes, just checking about her after the Barcelona attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrmnkee View Post
    I'm a Nervous Nelly, I know. But to those that may have personal contact info for Spanish Eyes, just checking about her after the Barcelona attack.
    That is so lovely of you Firemaker. The Eyes family is safe in the UK until this Sunday when we fly back to Spain for most of the winter. Our place out there is off the beaten track with few people of any nationality but there are a lot of melons in the fields so if the bad guys want target practice the can always try the melons as they wont shoot back.
    We had been talking about a change of scenery with a trip to Benidorm on the cards for later on this year but that might be put on hold.
    Beidorm for those who dont know is a big blousy place full of noise and booze, try googling, but has a big winter population of snow birds. We can just about manage three or four nights then we need to run back to our country life.
    Thank again for thinking about me.

edit. Benidorm is heading towards Barcelona and they are both full of tourists which is why we are giving it a miss.
    Last edited by Spanish eyes; 08-19-17 at 08:55 AM.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish eyes View Post
    That is so lovely of you Firemaker. The Eyes family is safe in the UK until this Sunday when we fly back to Spain for most of the winter. Our place out there is off the beaten track with few people of any nationality but there are a lot of melons in the fields so if the bad guys want target practice the can always try the melons as they wont shoot back.
    We had been talking about a change of scenery with a trip to Benidorm on the cards for later on this year but that might be put on hold.
    Beidorm for those who dont know is a big blousy place full of noise and booze, try googling, but has a big winter population of snow birds. We can just about manage three or four nights then we need to run back to our country life.
    Thank again for thinking about me.

edit. Benidorm is heading towards Barcelona and they are both full of tourists which is why we are giving it a miss.
    I thought Barcelona may be a bit Northern for you, but who knows when one might wake up and say "It's a lovely day for a visit". So glad the Eyes family is happy, healthy, and safe.

I always wonder, when I log in on Tuesday, if this'll be the last one, and today I actually find myself disappointed that it apparently isn't. I still log in most days because I'm still chipping away at getting all the keys I E.G. (6 scenes to finish), but I only play one round of energy plus the challenge passage. There's nothing to dig, so the shovels just pile up. I use 10 PT a day, and if that's not enuf to get me the dune site, I use rubies to finish it. (Crypting and digging have always bored me.)

But I've been missing the forum. I haven't found anything like it in any other game. Hope everybody's well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123