Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.

Wow...Adele really cleaned up at the Grammys. Must be the badge...

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  126.0 KB
    "But, time will tell, of stars that fell
    A million years ago.
    Memories can never take you back, home, sweet home.
    You can never go home anymore."

Intrepid Explorer
    She has such a great voice. I did not watch the show but understand there were some great hilights.

I was busy shovelling snow. Had over ten inches and it took some time to do.

Wow...look who grabbed the top honor at the Westminster Dog Show last night. Rumor, the champion German Shepherd named after Adele's hit "Rumor Has It" won Best in Show.

Way to go girl...Woof!!!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  93.7 KB
    "But, time will tell, of stars that fell
    A million years ago.
    Memories can never take you back, home, sweet home.
    You can never go home anymore."

Kiwi, I was wondering how your New Years Resolution was going? Are you still getting one extra chore a day done? I am slowly working through my house. I have 3 areas left to clean. I am almost done with the kitchen and then only 2 more to go! But one of those is my sewing room and I am working in their regularly so cleaning is challenging. But it is getting more organized which is good.
    Level 117 just in time.

Intrepid Explorer
    Sadly I have not managed to keep the good intentions up. I am still plugging away at it but have been involved with family obligations and a very sick friend. I have made progress in packing up things to donate but they are all sitting in my back room waiting to be taken to the charity store. The one thing that is still going very well is trying to cook better meals for myself as I was finding it a hassle to cook for one and was looking for easy solutions. I now am eating better and cooking a decent meal way more often. Baby steps.

I had a group of goods books that were on my hold list at the library became available so I have had to devote some time to reading, not that that is a hardship. I now have that down to a manageable level. I have also been running around getting things ready for my trip to Florida in two weeks. I had a seniors moment and had not checked when my passport expired (which unfortunately it had two weeks ago) so that involved extra time to renew that that I had not planned on. I pick my new one up tomorrow.

I went to see the movie Lalaland tonight and while it was good (not great) I am not sure what all the hype is about. I want yo see Loving You and the new Beauty and the Beast.

Cosie, I am glad you have almost finished your "purging" and can understand about the sewing room. When I sorted out all my wool it was daunting but well worth it when I was finished. I was reading a book on minimalist living and I certainly would not survive. I even watch on the Home and Gardens shows about people and their tiny houses and I have to admire them but am not sure I could live in such a compact space.

Intrepid Explorer
    Sadly I have not managed to keep the good intentions up. I am still plugging away at it but have been involved with family obligations and a very sick friend. I have made progress in packing up things to donate but they are all sitting in my back room waiting to be taken to the charity store. The one thing that is still going very well is trying to cook better meals for myself as I was finding it a hassle to cook for one and was looking for easy solutions. I now am eating better and cooking a decent meal way more often. Baby steps.

I had a group of goods books that were on my hold list at the library became available so I have had to devote some time to reading, not that that is a hardship. I now have that down to a manageable level. I have also been running around getting things ready for my trip to Florida in two weeks. I had a seniors moment and had not checked when my passport expired (which unfortunately it had two weeks ago) so that involved extra time to renew that that I had not planned on. I pick my new one up tomorrow.

I went to see the movie Lalaland tonight and while it was good (not great) I am not sure what all the hype is about. I want yo see Loving You and the new Beauty and the Beast.

Cosie, I am glad you have almost finished your "purging" and can understand about the sewing room. When I sorted out all my wool it was daunting but well worth it when I was finished. I was reading a book on minimalist living and I certainly would not survive. I even watch on the Home and Gardens shows about people and their tiny houses and I have to admire them but am not sure I could live in such a compact space.

I'm feeling really great about my clean up. I am not sure it was a new years resolution, but I was tired of my basement having just a walk way. (Yes a house in California with a basement). ANYWAY I told a friend that I had some giveaway stuff but no place to hold it. She recommended a young man who would work for cheap and would come over to help. We filled his SUV, his dad's SUV AND a trailer. They even took the outdated TVs (not flat screens). I had furniture from my mother-in-laws house as well as her entire kitchen, plus stuff we had not used for years. And this was after I had some young single moms from the gym take want they wanted.

The guys helped us reorg inside my house as well. My brother came by for the roll top desk and now I have the start of a real guest room. All told it's only been about 4 very long and hard days, but without the help I bet I would only have finished 2 or 3 boxes.

More to go but most of it will be recycle or shredding as it old company records from business clients. Now if I keep up the momentum it's all good.

Intrepid Explorer
    Well done JT. I am still determined to do more and I like the feeling of satisfaction with every box that gets donates.

I have talked to lots of folks and apparently we all tend to procrastinate when it comes to cleaning up treasures that we have stored and never again use. I have finally given my girls all of their school reports, class photos, and all of their awards from swimming and skating. I also gave them all the toys and books I had put aside many years ago. I only have one granddaughter and she now has seven cabbage patch dolls, eleven Barbie dolls and two entire collections of Strawberry Shortcake dolls.

Still more clutter to clear however I have come along way since the beginning of the new year.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123