Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.

Intrepid Explorer

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.

Following up on a great suggestion by Salmo I have created this thread so forum members can still keep in touch after ceasing to play the game. SE I know the placement of this thread will drive you crazy however thinking long and hard I still believe this is the right place.

I for one love the social aspect of the forum and still sign in everyday to read the new postings even though I have deleted my game. Life really does exist outside SP and this could be just the place where we can continue to share and care for each other. Who knows someone may discover yet another great game that we can all enjoy and become forum members of.

Kaniki. The placement is perfect. Just like you.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

I don't plan to leave the forum just because the events end. We will still stay in touch!
    Level 117

I'm more of a Levon Helm and Robbie Robertson kind of guy, you know, The Last Waltz.

The Night They Drove Old SP Down.
    Paradise Cove - Leader of the Darkwings (PM me about joining our guild)

Remembering Nayjon (1970-2017), guildmate and lover of TPC. I'll miss you, brother!

Secret Passages - Billionaire Bandits

The Billionaire Bandit club finished 78 strong and I'm proud of all who made this so much fun. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

Intrepid Explorer
    But the last waltz lasts forever.

Longtime Tapper Primitive Caveman's Avatar
    There's an old Cambodian love song by Chuun Vanna, "To Tea Yum Chlong" (birds are singing but my lover wonít return) from the golden age of Khmer music. Before the horrors the country endured in the 70s.

Simple lyrics that could break a heart.

ďThe birds are chirping, to and fro
    My love, have you forgotten me?
    As water canít cut through the sand
    I canít cut you from my memories
    The bridge (between you and I) has broken
    The pathway is gone, and the water is so very deep
    How am I to find you on the other side, so far away?Ē

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDCW...jsU5f9O6vmJW3g

I still intend to finish all digs and dunes, but in truth I have been on a break since Sept/ Oct, the fire having died. I hope I'll still finish it all, but it's really anyone's guess. It is, and was, a great game.

A little bit of levity here...

'you hang up...no, you hang up...no you hang up...ok, I'm hanging up........you hang up...no, you hang up...no you hang up'...

'ok, I'm hanging up....no, you hang up'.............................
    Last edited by salmo23; 12-14-16 at 10:20 AM.
    "But, time will tell, of stars that fell
    A million years ago.
    Memories can never take you back, home, sweet home.
    You can never go home anymore."

Intrepid Explorer
    Salmo, love it and probably so true. Sets you to wondering who will stay and for how long. I have been following Dr Tammy's tread with interest as well.

Keep those funnies coming.

Intrepid Explorer
    I am curious as to who will have a white Christmas.

Definately we will in Toronto. We have had a couple of decent snow falls and another set of squall last nigh with winds gusting over 71km. With the windchill factor we were at -27 when I went out to shovel. As politely as I can possible say I nearly froze my rear end off.

Expecting another storm again tonight. For this one I am paying the neighbours grandson to shovel as I am going away overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by KIWICANUCK View Post
    I am curious as to who will have a white Christmas.

Definately we will in Toronto. We have had a couple of decent snow falls and another set of squall last nigh with winds gusting over 71km. With the windchill factor we were at -27 when I went out to shovel. As politely as I can possible say I nearly froze my rear end off.

Expecting another storm again tonight. For this one I am paying the neighbours grandson to shovel as I am going away overnight.
    Well I sure hope we don't! Whenever there is frost danger, I have to cover my tangelo tree. The tree would survive, but I would lose the fruit. Besides I'm not going to be home. LOL
    Last edited by Topmom52; 12-17-16 at 08:42 AM. Reason: stupid autocorrect!

Longtime Tapper
    Kiwi, I would love to have a white Christmas, only remember having one, when I was about 10 years old.
    We don't even have any weather really. It's not hot or cold or sunny or wet, just grey with a bit of fog. Throw in the short daylight hours and oh, deary me, I'm getting depressed!

Longtime Tapper
    I'm east of Montreal, and just north of the Vermont/New Hampshire borders. We'll probably have a white-ish/silver-ish Christmas, since today's snow is expected to become tonight's freezing rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Pippy View Post
    Kiwi, I would love to have a white Christmas, only remember having one, when I was about 10 years old.
    We don't even have any weather really. It's not hot or cold or sunny or wet, just grey with a bit of fog. Throw in the short daylight hours and oh, deary me, I'm getting depressed!
    Sounds like someone could use a drinkipoo...

We're getting some heavy rain right now...the temps are mild, in the 60's, but expected to drop dramatically and be in the 20's tonight and tomorrow. We could get some snow. It's pretty at first when it's falling, pristine, especially at night when it's very quiet. Then people start driving in it and it becomes a dingy sludge........Ugsville!
    Last edited by salmo23; 12-17-16 at 02:27 PM.
    "But, time will tell, of stars that fell
    A million years ago.
    Memories can never take you back, home, sweet home.
    You can never go home anymore."

It snowed ooop north about three/four years ago for two years running. I had the most marvellous snowball fight with grandson. The only problem was I had to get him to run in slo mo so I could hit him.
    Would you believe we have had the most awful torrential downpour all day and more forecast for tomorrow with the centre over Alicante airport. Happy days.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Longtime Tapper
    Yeah, large glass of wine and Kung Fu Panda 3 and all is right with the world!

Yeah, large glass of wine and Kung Fu Panda 3 and all is right with the world!
    I like your style, Pippy!
    iPad Air 2
    Gamecenter ID: wildflourgirl

We have a little snow right now covered with ice and going to be cold here tomorrow night. -1 Fahrenheit here tomorrow night. Forecast right now is for snow Christmas Eve. So a white Christmas is a possibility. Winter is not my favorite season and it is starting out cold and snowy and icy.
    Level 117 just in time.

Intrepid Explorer
    Running with my dog in the Hills of Zurich
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanish eyes View Post
    It snowed ooop north about three/four years ago for two years running. I had the most marvellous snowball fight with grandson. The only problem was I had to get him to run in slo mo so I could hit him.
    Would you believe we have had the most awful torrential downpour all day and more forecast for tomorrow with the centre over Alicante airport. Happy days.
    "Ooop north". SE, are you Canadian ?

Matti
    Pips lives in the (soft) south of England and we (when there) live in the north. Born on one side of the Penines (google it) now live on the other. We are a tough breed from ooop north.

Having said all that, Pips is from the roughty, toughty part of down south not the namby, panby.
    SMELL THE ROSES.

I am in Wisconsin celebrating Christmas with my brothers and their families. It is supposed to be a high of -10F tomorrow (-23.3C) with a low during the night of -20F (-28.8C). We have about 15" of snow here so far. No warmth here. 🌨❄️ Brrrr.
    Level 117

Great idea Kiwi, I just popped back to forum today knowing it was last BB event and wish everyone well.

Not likely to get snow here (near London). The only time I can remember snow at Christmas was back in '62 and I think I can only remember that from seeing the black and white photo of me in a romper suit pushing the dolls pram Father Christmas had managed to get down my grandparents chimney. (Think Andy Pandy with a pram in the snow and you've got the idea)

PS that was ooop north too where I was born and bred, on the right side of the Penines!
    TPC - Level 75 Mrs Ripple, Member of the Darkwings
    TPC - Level 58 Raiding Queen, Leader of the Darkraiders PM me if you want to join us or email thedarkraiders@mail.com

Support IDs: 9NQY72WE47 and 6R0HQ92TQC

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tammy View Post
    I am in Wisconsin celebrating Christmas with my brothers and their families. It is supposed to be a high of -10F tomorrow (-23.3C) with a low during the night of -20F (-28.8C). We have about 15" of snow here so far. No warmth here. ��❄️ Brrrr.
    I have been thinking of you Tammy knowing what the weather has been like in Minnesota.
    Level 117 just in time.

Thanks, Cossie. It is supposed to get down to -23 tonight and tomorrow night again. Although my husband and I are both from the North, we moved here from TX and are seriously thinking about retiring in FL where it is warmer. 😎
    Level 117

Longtime Tapper
    -23 ouch! Not sure I could handle that, think I quite like fog now!

Sunny and cold here in Upper California. I love your idea of this thread Kiwi. Most of us will stay on to chat and have some laughs. Feel sorry for all of you freezing your little whatevers off. Salmo's idea of a drinkipoo for everyone is a good one. I will buy the first round. Hope I have enough dollars, pounds, Australian Dollars, kopecs, shekels, Pesos, Pesatas, tacos, tortillas, burritos, to go around. As Louis Armstrong so famously sung...."What a Wonderful World......" Jimbo
    Jimbo

I hope when I inevitably choke to death on gummy bears people just say I was killed by bears and leave it at that....

I read a survey that said 82% of people enjoy being cuddled. But if the people on this bus are any indication, the real figure is, like 0%

My other body is in the Photoshop...

I drink straight out a of the wine bottle while cooking. I think that's what they mean by reducing it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast