Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ruby generating merchants

Well... Everything's bigger?? The sermons at church Mayhem can get a little long winded at times. But they are always entertaining. Gotta tell ya though.... Use some funds to build a parking lot. I'm not carpooling with Pink and Golf again... Whoops....

I'm praying for banners. Help Reverend!!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  19.9 KB
    No I do not wear tights.... I wear the required uniform!!!! If I can't find the uniform... I let my freak flag fly. Why? Because I can!!

Dee, there is only one word that fits........

Priceless!
    "You remind me of a poem I can't remember, a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." Abe Simpson

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Quote Originally Posted by igotahavit View Post
    Exactly, Dee! Everything's bigger at my church.

Beware of this too.....................

Name:  CB.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  36.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by giraffe510 View Post
    Good luck, enquiring mind...for many, there are no rubies to be had from land clearing in the main or alternative coves. Not sure when you started playing, but do not be surprised if you do not receive rubies from clearing land.

My main source for rubies is the videos and the ruby decos along with the Asgard and Montezuma ruby merchants.

The others have made good suggestions and I am sure that will help.
    Hello Giraffe,

This is very strange but I have been trying to respond to this post ever since I saw it, shortly after you submitted it. I cannot for the life of me figure out what is wrong & why my response will not go through, especially considering that since this one appeared, I have responded to other posts - both on this thread & other ones - which went through without s hitch. This is the 5th attempt & I will end it now & see if it goes through this time & if it does, I will respond to that one with what I actually wanted to say when I responded the 1st time.

Quote Originally Posted by EnquiringMind View Post
    Hello Giraffe,

This is very strange but I have been trying to respond to this post ever since I saw it, shortly after you submitted it. I cannot for the life of me figure out what is wrong & why my response will not go through, especially considering that since this one appeared, I have responded to other posts - both on this thread & other ones - which went through without s hitch. This is the 5th attempt & I will end it now & see if it goes through this time & if it does, I will respond to that one with what I actually wanted to say when I responded the 1st time.
    So very strange! Tried 4 times to actually respond to your post Giraffe, with a question & few comments on what you had written, but different things kept happening which would either prevent me from completing or would let me finish but then would not let me submit??? So on the 5th attempt it went through - but without my having actually "responded" to your post, but having just voiced my complaints over it not accepting the first 4? So, now I will actually attempt again to really respond to your response.

I believe I have been playing PC since almost the beginning - sometime during the 1st year of its inception.

Unfortunately I believe that I fall into the category you described: those who do not get rubies from clearing land in either Asgard or Atlantis. I have gone to both worlds at least 5 or 6 times each & am sad to report that after clearing land each time, I have yet to garner even 1 ruby for my efforts. I have rarely even seen a treasure chest either, so I basically have no idea what I get from the chopping! And just when I was excited at the prospect of discovering a new mine full of rubies too! Don't know why this game is so unfair in how it distributes its prizes to its loyal players? Everything is so unequal!

It seems from what you wrote in your post about your main sources of rubies, that you were saying that there were also ruby generating merchants either in Asgard or from Asgard quests to be placed in the main cove. If so, then what are they & how can they be obtained?

I am editing this to add the following: BTW when I responded this last time, the same thing happened as previously, it did not immediately go through and a message appeared with somethin about "the following errors" occurring. Saying that I did not have permission to post & was not logged in. So I went to "advanced" where it asked me to log in - which I did - again - same as I had done the previous 4 times I had tried to respond to the post in the past 2 days when it didn't work??!! - and this time it worked & it went through! Go figure?!
    Last edited by EnquiringMind; 03-15-17 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Additional info

Longtime Tapper
    Quote Originally Posted by igotahavit View Post
    My ears were burning, my dear.

Yes, I admit to it. I am the aforementioned "friend." A while ago, my good buddy Blue told me to buy those merchants. I did, and the very first collection I got 7 rubies from just the Montezuman Jeweler. Today I got 3 rubies from the Foundry.

Blue and I are having a contest. We're trying to see which one gets 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 rubies from at least one of those merchants. I'm missing only the 5. I have gotten multiple 2s and 3s; I have gotten four 4s and two 6s.
    I already got a 2, 3, 6 (that I saw; I don't check them all the time, and yes you can have more than 2 rubies even if you shake. Getting 3 is not so rare, but i got only twice 6 rubies.
    Damedesetoiles/Ladyofthestars
    Officer of TPCPirates

I get 6 rubies often. By often I mean at least once a month from one of the 4 Montezuman Merchants. I get 2 or 3 rubies apiece on a daily basis. The rarest seems to be 4, which I've gotten twice. Although, I've never gotten 5 rubies from one merchant AND we've never heard nor seen that happen, yet.

I've even got 7 rubies on 3 occasions (one being the very first collection I made). I shared this one below with Blue on Palringo several weeks ago, but forgot to post it here:

Name:  Lava Coaster 7 Rubies.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  100.9 KB

This is from the Lava Coaster. Cha-Ching!
    Paradise Cove - Leader of the Darkwings (PM me about joining our guild)

Remembering Nayjon (1970-2017), guildmate and lover of TPC. I'll miss you, brother!

Secret Passages - Billionaire Bandits

The Billionaire Bandit club finished 78 strong and I'm proud of all who made this so much fun. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

Just checking in to thank all those kind & helpful Forumers who gave me the info requested on the 4 Montezuma ruby buildings & the encouragement & push to save up enough rubies to get them. I just wanted to let you know that I took your advice & saved up enough to buy them 1 by 1 as suggested & am reporting that believe it or not (I can hardly believe it myself!) it worked & I just got my last one today! So glad I listened, despite the 299 rubies per building cost. You guys are awesome!

Congratulations on getting the merchants!
    "You remind me of a poem I can't remember, a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." Abe Simpson

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Congratulations on getting them EnquiringMind. May you often get more than just 2 rubies!

Thanks! So far most I've gotten are 3 from a couple. Mostly only 2 from each about 90% of the time, but even the 8 regular (4x2) per day is welcome. It almost makes me feel like I finally have a (low-paying) Ruby Icon like many of you have - except that instead of being free, mine cost me almost 1200 rubies - LOL��! At least I don't have to watch videos to get my 8 daily rubies! But actually I'd gladly do that if I could have my rubies back!

I just thought I would report that I saved enough rubies to buy the 2 Montezuma merchants I did not have. Yes, I put aside my greed for ships long enough to save the rubies and buy the merchants. I am hoping that I will get lucky and get more than 2 rubies from each of them occasionally.

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 77
Size:  11.4 KB

Zippy approves ...

Quote Originally Posted by EnquiringMind View Post
    Thanks! So far most I've gotten are 3 from a couple. Mostly only 2 from each about 90% of the time, but even the 8 regular (4x2) per day is welcome. It almost makes me feel like I finally have a (low-paying) Ruby Icon like many of you have - except that instead of being free, mine cost me almost 1200 rubies - LOL��! At least I don't have to watch videos to get my 8 daily rubies! But actually I'd gladly do that if I could have my rubies back!
    Awww, EnquiringMind,
    I never saw your posts...I do not get notice of new postings anymore...have not for a couple of years even though all account settings are correct nor do I get email notice of PMs anymore. But, of course, the forum is filled with wonderful and helpful players who have given you the info you needed. Happy to hear you are all set.
    Yes, different players have different subsets of actions/rewards in their games. The earliest players never received rubies from land clearing. There were a lot of things we did not have in the early days that newer players receive in their games. But it has been a worthwhile ride and I am just sad to see it winding down.
    EnJOY it while it lasts
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

Quote Originally Posted by 38supercomp View Post
    I just thought I would report that I saved enough rubies to buy the 2 Montezuma merchants I did not have. Yes, I put aside my greed for ships long enough to save the rubies and buy the merchants. I am hoping that I will get lucky and get more than 2 rubies from each of them occasionally.
    Good for you SC! May we both get more than 2 rubies per merchant many times!

Quote Originally Posted by giraffe510 View Post
    Awww, EnquiringMind,
    I never saw your posts...I do not get notice of new postings anymore...have not for a couple of years even though all account settings are correct nor do I get email notice of PMs anymore. But, of course, the forum is filled with wonderful and helpful players who have given you the info you needed. Happy to hear you are all set.
    Yes, different players have different subsets of actions/rewards in their games. The earliest players never received rubies from land clearing. There were a lot of things we did not have in the early days that newer players receive in their games. But it has been a worthwhile ride and I am just sad to see it winding down.
    EnJOY it while it lasts
    I will Giraffe! I am very sad too that PG has decided to "give up" on us, rather than choosing to revamp the game, despite its large group of devoted followers. And you are right about the many helpful Forumers. I appreciate all the advice on the Monty merchants as well as other things. If not for their encouragement I would never have decided to purchase those buildings for the high price of 299 rubies apiece. It turned out to be true how saving for & buying them 1 at a time made it easier than I first envisioned. Also like they said, after each one it seemed a little easier for the next - because after each purchase I was getting 2 more guaranteed per day.
    I was actually quite surprised to have managed to get all 4 in the time I did. I had thought it wld probably take me at least 6 months, if not a year. Not to mention that during the time I was collecting for them I even managed to buy 2 of the Ruby decos (+ 2 today now that I don't need to save any for the merchants any more!) & was even able to spare a few here & there to finish building things early for a couple of the coin quests in order to complete in time to get the ship, which I sometimes find necessary because of the inopportune timing of the steps!
    Last edited by EnquiringMind; 06-05-17 at 06:01 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123