Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ruby generating merchants

Quote Originally Posted by EnquiringMind View Post
    Maybe so in the long run, but the problem is accumulating the 299 rubies (x4) to begin with. I don't have the means to get very many rubies in a short period of time. Only 3 Wonders = 6 per 2 wks + 9 Decos = 18 per 2 days (or 126 per 2 wks - providing I was able to collect exactly every 2 days at exact same time). Then there's the intermittent ruby digging quests where if & when we get one I've obtained anywhere from 60 to 120, depending. And now, if (& only if it continues & it probably won't since nothing official has ever been said) we continue to be "gifted" with the 20 rubies per week. So, with that plus the odd ruby here & there from mermaid spins it would probably take me at least 3 weeks to save up enough to buy one. That's taking into consideration us having a shovel quest, the "20 rubies" gift continuing weekly & my not being able to use rubies for anything else!

So I will try, but am not too hopeful about my success - especially for getting all of them.

There are a couple of ways to get rubies that I don't see mentioned here. The video adds for rubies will provide 15/day. It can be frustrating for some to get them but certainly pays off. You can also fight the pirates that float around in Asgard. Doing this at least twice/day usually nets me 5-6 rubies/wk. You can also spin medallions with the World Traveler in Montezuma for the occasional ruby.(On this you have to read the treasure results instead of depending on the picture to show when you have received a ruby). Luke Blue said, these merchants pay out double the regular decos so are worth it. I advised my guildmates to purchase these before regular Decos. Hope this helps you save up faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandik4y65 View Post
    There are a couple of ways to get rubies that I don't see mentioned here. The video adds for rubies will provide 15/day. It can be frustrating for some to get them but certainly pays off. You can also fight the pirates that float around in Asgard. Doing this at least twice/day usually nets me 5-6 rubies/wk. You can also spin medallions with the World Traveler in Montezuma for the occasional ruby.(On this you have to read the treasure results instead of depending on the picture to show when you have received a ruby). Luke Blue said, these merchants pay out double the regular decos so are worth it. I advised my guildmates to purchase these before regular Decos. Hope this helps you save up faster.
    Thanks for the tips Sandi, I had actually forgotten about Asgard & used to go in occasionally but never got rubies very often. So, I appreciate your reminding me & I'll try the twice daily visits as you suggested. I'll also try to visit Montezuma for the spins, although the it usually takes so long to go there & I usually get kicked out of the game when attempting it so takes even longer since I have to try several times before succeeding! But now that my appetite has been whet, I'd really like to try & get at least one of those buildings!

Unfortunately the videos, which to my way of thinking is one of the best ways to obtain a good supply of extra rubies is not possible for me. I do not have that ruby icon & have been futilely trying to get one for a couple of years now - to no end! I have asked PG support (including Arlene) several times, as have a couple of guild mates & have gotten a number of different excuses as to why I don't have it when almost everyone else seems to have been blessed. I have been told that PG has no control over who gets the icon, as they are doled out "randomly" by the sponsors (which frankly I find difficult to believe as for one thing, is it not PG who has access to our accounts, so how would the sponsors be able to plac anything there without permission?). Another time, we were told that the icon only appears after an "in-Ap" purchase, yet I know several players who have the icon & have never purchased anything with cash thru the game. I also know of at least one other person who HAS made several such purchases, yet does not have the video icon either! On yet another occasion, they said that it depended on geography/economics (i.e. they only give it to people who live in areas where they believe that showing their ads will generate sales).

This I find even more difficult to believe as 1st of all, how would these sponsors even know where a player lives? & second, in today's world, where what we are talking about is "video" ads & "on-line" purchases what possible difference could it make, where one lives anyway?

It has been very annoying & a real bone of contention for me to have been denied this easy way of obtaining rubies & for the PG support to not only be unable to help, but to not even be able to give a straight answer as to why they cannot. So, I guess I'm stuck with only the remaining options.

I really do appreciate your helpful suggestions & thank you for taking the time to answer & share.
    Last edited by EnquiringMind; 03-10-17 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlou View Post
    EnquiringMind, I hope your resolve stay strong. Yes, it is not easy to do it, but focus on them one at a time. Save up for the first one. It may take three weeks. The next one will be a little easier as you have the 2 rubies a day coming from the one you already have. And so on. It will certainly be worth it in the end.

You can do it!
    Thank you for the encouragement Blue! You & Sandi have convinced me to at least give it a try & I will try with the one & see how that works out. In your opinion does it matter which one I should go for first?

Great EM! No, I do not think it matters. Fully upgraded you will get 2 rubies guaranteed after 24 hrs. Sometimes more. The more is random. For me, I cannot say which one gives higher payouts more than the others. Just consider it a bonus and a nice surprise if it happens.

Glad I could help a bit. Very sorry you can't get the video rubies, I was unaware that all players didn't have the opportunity. One thing I forgot to mention is land clearing, especially in Asgard & Atlantis if you are at level 60 or above. If you are staying at a lower level, just disregard, but if not then clearing these 2 worlds will net you a better return on rubies than Montezuma or the Main World coves.
    As to which merchant to go for first, I also don't think it matters. I have received the extras from all of them. Good Luck!!

Great EM! No, I do not think it matters. Fully upgraded you will get 2 rubies guaranteed after 24 hrs. Sometimes more. The more is random. For me, I cannot say which one gives higher payouts more than the others. Just consider it a bonus and a nice surprise if it happens.
    Okay thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandik4y65 View Post
    Glad I could help a bit. Very sorry you can't get the video rubies, I was unaware that all players didn't have the opportunity. One thing I forgot to mention is land clearing, especially in Asgard & Atlantis if you are at level 60 or above. If you are staying at a lower level, just disregard, but if not then clearing these 2 worlds will net you a better return on rubies than Montezuma or the Main World coves.
    As to which merchant to go for first, I also don't think it matters. I have received the extras from all of them. Good Luck!!
    Thanks for the additional info Sandi and yes I am above level 60. I didn't realize that clearing land in Asgard & Atlantis could give rubies, never noticed when clearing land there for the quests it took to complete them. Or maybe I just don't remember since it was so long ago? Anyway, it's great to know as I am pretty sure that I have quite a bit of uncleared land there!

I know it is not the same for everybody, but Atlantis is the place that was generous for me in getting more than 1 ruby in a chest.

I know it is not the same for everybody, but Atlantis is the place that was generous for me in getting more than 1 ruby in a chest.
    Thanks Blue, I will try both worlds & see what works best for me as soon as this quest is over as I want to use what energy I have to tap the sea creatures for points right now. Sure hope it's the same for me & Atlantis gives a more generous (or at least equal & not less) payoff. Since I know that is where I have the most uncleared land left!

Quote Originally Posted by 38supercomp View Post
    EnquiringMind,

Blue is right. Do not look at it as one big thing. I only have one ruby merchant. When I started playing the game, I never thought I would play this long. I was a very casual player. I did not finish the quests in Montezuma, and now if I want the merchants, I will have to buy them. If you can stay resolved to do it and get one of them, the next one will be easier. Only focus on one at a time. You can do it, and WHEN you do, it will be worth it.

My problem is I get a stash of rubies and then PG releases a purple sparkly ship and I love purple sparkly ships and there go the rubies. But you will ignore purple sparkly ships and GO FOR THE MERCHANTS!
    Hi Supercomp,

Sorry I did not reply to your post earlier, but I somehow missed it! Don't ask me how as it was directly after BlueBlou's????Anyway, thanks for your encouraging words as well. Although I may not have started posting until quite recently, I have actually been coming to the forum & have been very happy with the info which can be found here & have also enjoyed reading all of the stories jokes & witticisms in so many of the threads!

I would have to say however, that IMHO I enjoy yours the most, in particular the ones "hidden away" in your "Guild recruiting" thread. I am not really sure how exactly I managed to stumble upon that thread, as I am definitely not looking for a Guild & am very happy where I am. It must have been purely by accident, you know how small the characters are & how close together the lines are (my device is a phone)? Or maybe the PC Gods just wanted to keep me interested in the forum, so that I would keep perusing it, & eventually find the thread which put me on the alert about the Montezuman merchants, to give me incentive to keep on playing with a new goal to work towards (collecting close to 1200 rubies to buy the buildings!) just to keep me around a bit longer? Who knows? I'm just thankful to have found it!

So, keep up the good work & may I also add that from a purely selfish point of view, I hope you never do get your final 2 guild members (well maybe 1 would be okay - but not the final one) or that if you do, I hope they don't stay for long so you have to go back into "recruit-mode". Lest we risk losing out on all those interesting little tidbits of history & trivia! BTW, I am trying hard to stay away from those purple, sparkly ships, but purple is one of my favorite colours!
    Last edited by EnquiringMind; 03-12-17 at 09:15 AM.

Good luck, enquiring mind...for many, there are no rubies to be had from land clearing in the main or alternative coves. Not sure when you started playing, but do not be surprised if you do not receive rubies from clearing land.

My main source for rubies is the videos and the ruby decos along with the Asgard and Montezuma ruby merchants.

The others have made good suggestions and I am sure that will help.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

Have read the above with interest. I have been waiting for ages for the other missing element to craft these merchants never thinking to buy them due the cost. I too never seem to have enough rubies and there are always sooo many things to spend them on. (I am distracted easily!). However, now seriously considering saving up rubies for at least one of them. Let's hope my resolve doesn't falter........!

Quote Originally Posted by Floweryfield View Post
    Have read the above with interest. I have been waiting for ages for the other missing element to craft these merchants never thinking to buy them due the cost. I too never seem to have enough rubies and there are always sooo many things to spend them on. (I am distracted easily!). However, now seriously considering saving up rubies for at least one of them. Let's hope my resolve doesn't falter........!
    Save rubies for the merchants. Stay strong. Do NOT go for every pretty purple or pink (or any other color) sparkly ship! We can all do this together! My new mantra: Saving rubies for merchants. I will repeat this as many times as it takes every day to keep from buying ships. Until the next purple sparkly ship comes along. And then I will buy it. It is easier for me to give advice than take it.
    The very fact of snow is such an amazement.
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Quote Originally Posted by Floweryfield View Post
    I think I have opened a can of worms here, but that's not necessarily a bad thing! I seem to have some company in my new personal quest to obtain the Ruby merchants, which will make it more interesting. 299 seems like such a lot of rubies & times 4 well... much worse, even if the end result will be to generate more rubies! But the encouragement of so many does make the challenge seem worth it!

SC:

What up? Howdy.

Everybody Else:

I'm lucky enough to get 21 videos per day. So that's 21 rubies there, watching the same video, over and over.

You can also earn rubies (if you're in a guild and that guild smashes the shovel quest) from using/earning/crafting shovels. There are two kinds of players in TPC - those with loaded guilds and those who can't dig. You dig?

As mentioned, clearing land occasionally gives some random rubies. In Mystery Cove, clearing land during the Boost Boat quests usually pays out a small pile of rubies. Just gotta kil a rain forest or two . . .

Lately, PG/TPC has been offering one-time use only ruby decos. Use 'em and lose 'em. PG's version of anti-psychotic drugs for all of us R. P. McMurphy ruby-obsessed players.

The Egyptian Wonder and East Asia buildings pay out 2 rubies each, slowly, every two weeks. Only for the brave.

Attacking and beating the Giant (pirate boat) occasionally spits out a ruby and on a good day of battling him, 2 rubies.

You can pimp the mermaids for up to 25 rubies (if you're lucky) by using coins only. That gives a whole new meaning to the phrase, "Heads or Tails?"

Or, if you're an eco-terrorist (like PG apparently), you can nuke dolphins in any cove until a whale pops up, then vaporize him and more often than not, a ruby pops out. Call me Ishmael . . . (my apologies, Herman). Keep doing that and PG awards you your very own trawling boat in the Pacific and hooks you up with an account in the Eastern sushi markets. (I've been told that pet peeve takes a backseat to Blue's - "Babes in a Battle Boat" - fiasco . . . but not by much.)

If you remember to check and luck is on your side, the Trading Ship on rare occasion will offer trades that return a few token rubies (but don't spend any to get them, unless it's a positive return). Usually, it's Trading Sh_t, though.

The daily quests (which have been disappeared by PG) used to give 5 rubies per week, if you completed all 5 days of quests. But this is moot now as PG pulled a Criss Angel on them.

Then you can also buy them. Nuff said.

Point is, if you really want to amass rubies (you think I've studied all the angles??), you need to be a junkie about it. Like me. Save up for a fix.

Then keep buying Merchants and Ruby Decos and they will start to compound your investment and pay dividends. Don't look at the break-even point or re-coup point. Think of it as a sunk cost for an asset that'll keep paying in perpetuity. I hate to disagree with anyone or cause an argument, but the most beautiful things in TPC are Ruby Decos. No ship compares to the sparkle of rubies. No cannon nor boost is as powerful as rubies. The best feeling in TPC is when in the midst of a Guild Battle the 4x Points Banner pops up and you're sitting on 2,500 rubies to burn. That's sinking ships. That's a fleet killer. (Somewhere Pink is saying, "There's something very, very wrong with him.")

That's just some free TPC voodoo economic advice. I also sell video downloads for $19.99 on how to amass a fortune in the Stock Market.

Big Smile!

Oh, BTW, Nova Nation is poised for another run at March Madness! Proud to be a Wildcat. Go boys, go! Jay Wright for President!
    Paradise Cove - Leader of the Darkwings (PM me about joining our guild)

Remembering Nayjon (1970-2017), guildmate and lover of TPC. I'll miss you, brother!

Secret Passages - Billionaire Bandits

The Billionaire Bandit club finished 78 strong and I'm proud of all who made this so much fun. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

ROFL!

Gotta love you Gotta. I am waiting to see what you would say about spinning with the World Traveller in Montezuma.

Hey Gotta, I shall never say that to you. As a matter of fact, I was thinking something else while reading it. Besides humour soaked & info filled write up, buddy you don't want to lose out to EM on the length of the frek... post. I finished reading war and peace one more time

I am rolling on the floor with Blue. In spirit, not in person.

Gotta, I love you! You are truly awesome. Have you ever thought about writing a book? Do it, and let me know the title and I will buy it. I love your humor, your well-thought-out points, and your optimistic/pessimistic outlook on the game.

I wish I could watch 21 videos a day. Or the same video 21 times. I am lucky to get 15. As for the Giant, I have guild mates who get up to 9 rubies a day from him. Great! But he has been gone from my cove for a long time. going to Asgard and beating ships there rarely gives me rubies. Half the time I forget to go to Atlantis and collect my one ruby there for weeks at a time. Even if I go there to do a ship, I forget to look to see if the ruby is there.

My whales spit out coins, emeralds and turquoises with abandon. Rubies? Not so much. Actually, hardly ever. The mermaids laugh at me, even though I beg them to be nice to me. I even composed a very nice poem for them this morning, but they still turned on me and thought I needed lots of white pearls.

Oh, stop me now! I tend to babble on and on.

Pink, if you did not see my comment yesterday in another chat group, I love the new avatar.
    The very fact of snow is such an amazement.
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Have done more reading and it seems I missed the time limits on getting these bits for the Ruby Merchants so ,the game is on...rubies nothing but rubies! Ships...pah...(don't tell my guild). I've gone a whole 24 hours without spending rubies and have collected a few more. It's going to take a while.
    I liked your post Igotohavit.
    Last edited by Floweryfield; 03-14-17 at 07:09 AM.

Reverend Igotahavit........awesome to see you again! Wondered where the (hmmmmm) you had gotten to. Does the church have wine yet......or still serving beer and finger foods?

Back to the subject at hand.......i get 21 videos a day........usually of a girl sucking on a straw.......

You are absolutely (word edited) right about the ruby decos!!! Always buy.......and always buy 3!
    If it is not yours don't take it.......If it is not true don't say it.......If it is not right don't do it.

Hmm. I don't know what church y'all go to... But count me in. Lol

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  10.0 KB

Nooo. I'm not passing the cup. Get your own! Always get the Ruby decos too! Always
    No I do not wear tights.... I wear the required uniform!!!! If I can't find the uniform... I let my freak flag fly. Why? Because I can!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkpanther View Post
    Hey Gotta, I shall never say that to you. As a matter of fact, I was thinking something else while reading it. Besides humour soaked & info filled write up, buddy you don't want to lose out to EM on the length of the frek... post. I finished reading war and peace one more time
    Actually, I wrote War and Peace. Tolstoy stole it from me while he was editing it for me. LMAO!

Remembering Nayjon (1970-2017), guildmate and lover of TPC. I'll miss you, brother!

The Billionaire Bandit club finished 78 strong and I'm proud of all who made this so much fun. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

Quote Originally Posted by GolfandBingo View Post
    Reverend Igotahavit........awesome to see you again! Wondered where the (hmmmmm) you had gotten to. Does the church have wine yet......or still serving beer and finger foods?

Back to the subject at hand.......i get 21 videos a day........usually of a girl sucking on a straw.......

You are absolutely (word edited) right about the ruby decos!!! Always buy.......and always buy 3!
    GolfandBingo:

Love your handle . . . I've swung the wrenches quite often, but I leave the bingo up to the wifey.

The Church is always open . . . the Right Reverend Gotta was called to the Vatican to help the Pope answer some religion-related final Jeopardy clues, but he's back (actually, it was basketball season and our playoffs are nearly over).

Yes, indeed. I agree 100%. Buy Ruby Decos! Buy high, buy low, buy all 3 and ask for more. Steal them if you have to, but get them!

There's nothing like slogging through a guild event, nearly out of ships and then the points banner pops up and you have rubies on hand to pad your score.

Priceless!

BTW, we got a few nice cases/selections of California vineyards recently at the Church . . . say, happy hour at 5:00 pm? Nachos, mozz sticks, potato skins, and chips with some local micro brews. And for the sophisticated crowd, bacon-wrapped scallops, cheese'n'sausage balls, mini-spring rolls, and sesame chicken skewers. Now that's a church you want to attend!

Quote Originally Posted by Delia View Post
    Hmm. I don't know what church y'all go to... But count me in. Lol

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  10.0 KB

Nooo. I'm not passing the cup. Get your own! Always get the Ruby decos too! Always
    Exactly, Dee! Everything's bigger at my church.

Quote Originally Posted by igotahavit View Post
    GolfandBingo:

Love your handle . . . I've swung the wrenches quite often, but I leave the bingo up to the wifey.

The Church is always open . . . the Right Reverend Gotta was called to the Vatican to help the Pope answer some religion-related final Jeopardy clues, but he's back (actually, it was basketball season and our playoffs are nearly over).

Yes, indeed. I agree 100%. Buy Ruby Decos! Buy high, buy low, buy all 3 and ask for more. Steal them if you have to, but get them!

There's nothing like slogging through a guild event, nearly out of ships and then the points banner pops up and you have rubies on hand to pad your score.

Priceless!

BTW, we got a few nice cases/selections of California vineyards recently at the Church . . . say, happy hour at 5:00 pm? Nachos, mozz sticks, potato skins, and chips with some local micro brews. And for the sophisticated crowd, bacon-wrapped scallops, cheese'n'sausage balls, mini-spring rolls, and sesame chicken skewers. Now that's a church you want to attend!
    Ahhhhh Reverend........I see now.......as wife bingos.......you dance! I have recently become the owner of a small dance club so maybe I come to Church after closing time. Love the fact that I wont have to bring a covered dish. I'll bring my partners also if that's ok?

Gotta love those points banners for sure!
    If it is not yours don't take it.......If it is not true don't say it.......If it is not right don't do it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast