Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ruby generating merchants

ruby generating merchants

I have three merchants that give me two rubies every day. They were scattered around my cove, but I have brought them onto the same island as my every 48 hour deco's. My question is, are there more than three?
    Mine are Montezuman Jeweler, Montezuman Foundry, and Montezuman Trader. Everyone in a while when I collect all there are random rubies in there, and they are not from the bi-monthly merchants like East Asia, and Egyptian world wonder or Santa workshop....

The fourth one is the Lava Coaster, a mountain with red running round it like a helper skelter with little boats.

Maptokyo, these merchants sometimes give more than the two daily rubies. I tap them individually. I have seen 3 rubies and very rarely, 6 rubies. A friend has seen 4 rubies and once even 7 rubies.

For anyone else that wonder, these merchants give 2 rubies after 24 hours if fully upgraded. And yes, sometimes more.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty7503z View Post
    The fourth one is the Lava Coaster, a mountain with red running round it like a helper skelter with little boats.
    Thank you. I had that one tucked away with other amusement park friends.

- - - Updated - - -

That explains a lot. I did a collect all and got 12 rubies... I will pay attention to my taping now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlou View Post
    Maptokyo, these merchants sometimes give more than the two daily rubies. I tap them individually. I have seen 3 rubies and very rarely, 6 rubies. A friend has seen 4 rubies and once even 7 rubies.

For anyone else that wonder, these merchants give 2 rubies after 24 hours if fully upgraded. And yes, sometimes more.

99% of the time, I get 8 rubies...sometimes 9.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

The Lava Coaster gave a 6 yesterday and you all know it was blue moon yesterday!!. But 8 is the most hit frequency (from 4 merchants)!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlou View Post

My ears were burning, my dear.

Yes, I admit to it. I am the aforementioned "friend." A while ago, my good buddy Blue told me to buy those merchants. I did, and the very first collection I got 7 rubies from just the Montezuman Jeweler. Today I got 3 rubies from the Foundry.

Blue and I are having a contest. We're trying to see which one gets 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 rubies from at least one of those merchants. I'm missing only the 5. I have gotten multiple 2s and 3s; I have gotten four 4s and two 6s.
    Paradise Cove - Leader of the Darkwings (PM me about joining our guild)

Remembering Nayjon (1970-2017), guildmate and lover of TPC. I'll miss you, brother!

Secret Passages - Billionaire Bandits

The Billionaire Bandit club finished 78 strong and I'm proud of all who made this so much fun. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

That's awesome....I shake to collect and get 8 or 9....too lazy to tap individually

I tapped all four a minute ago and only got two from each. Will keep tapping everyday and see if it gets more generous.

Ok....I will let you do the research

one gave me three today. whoo hoo

Old thread, but it has pictures. Ruby merchants are on post #6.

https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...s-of-Montezuma
    There is no fairness or consistency in TPC; so just because you have it in your cove, it may not be the case for everyone. And just because everyone else has it, doesn't mean you will. Except crashing, everybody has crashing!

CT,

Interesting thread to bump!

Given all the numbers above, could you let me know how much the multipliers enhance ruby yield? Say, I just surround the 4 merchants with all the sunflowers!!

It will not increase ruby yield.

Thanks!

I am stuck on two, despite personally attending to them everyday....

Just to show that 6 rubies do occur at times. This was my Christmas gift from the Montezuman merchant today.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 711
Size:  21.1 KB

In another thread, I had asked for info on "ruby generating" merchants, which I had heard rumours about but for which I had no additional info about. I did not know their names & had no idea where to find them, or even how many existed. BlueBlou kindly responded & directed me to this link which was exactly what I was looking for, so I thank you Blue!

I am responding here to bump this info to a more readily available spot for anyone else interested in this info.

I'll see your 6 rubies and raise it 1:

Name:  Lava Coaster 7 Rubies.jpg
Views: 545
Size:  21.5 KB

Lava Coaster - 7 Rubies

So that's 2, 3, 4, 6, 7 rubies that I've gotten from each merchant. Still searching for that all elusive 5 rubies!
    Paradise Cove - Leader of the Darkwings (PM me about joining our guild)

Remembering Nayjon (1970-2017), guildmate and lover of TPC. I'll miss you, brother!

Secret Passages - Billionaire Bandits

The Billionaire Bandit club finished 78 strong and I'm proud of all who made this so much fun. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

Nice, my brother, really nice. Hoping you get your 5 to complete the sequence.
    "You remind me of a poem I can't remember, a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." Abe Simpson

Member Vaders_Fist_2

That just makes me more jealous that I can't afford to buy these 4 merchants @ 299 rubies apiece! Too bad they had to make it so complicated & near-impossible to get them from the TLQs!

It is worth getting them at that price. They payback faster than regular Ruby decos!

Maybe so in the long run, but the problem is accumulating the 299 rubies (x4) to begin with. I don't have the means to get very many rubies in a short period of time. Only 3 Wonders = 6 per 2 wks + 9 Decos = 18 per 2 days (or 126 per 2 wks - providing I was able to collect exactly every 2 days at exact same time). Then there's the intermittent ruby digging quests where if & when we get one I've obtained anywhere from 60 to 120, depending. And now, if (& only if it continues & it probably won't since nothing official has ever been said) we continue to be "gifted" with the 20 rubies per week. So, with that plus the odd ruby here & there from mermaid spins it would probably take me at least 3 weeks to save up enough to buy one. That's taking into consideration us having a shovel quest, the "20 rubies" gift continuing weekly & my not being able to use rubies for anything else!

So I will try, but am not too hopeful about my success - especially for getting all of them.

EnquiringMind, I hope your resolve stay strong. Yes, it is not easy to do it, but focus on them one at a time. Save up for the first one. It may take three weeks. The next one will be a little easier as you have the 2 rubies a day coming from the one you already have. And so on. It will certainly be worth it in the end.

You can do it!

EnquiringMind,

Blue is right. Do not look at it as one big thing. I only have one ruby merchant. When I started playing the game, I never thought I would play this long. I was a very casual player. I did not finish the quests in Montezuma, and now if I want the merchants, I will have to buy them. If you can stay resolved to do it and get one of them, the next one will be easier. Only focus on one at a time. You can do it, and WHEN you do, it will be worth it.

My problem is I get a stash of rubies and then PG releases a purple sparkly ship and I love purple sparkly ships and there go the rubies. But you will ignore purple sparkly ships and GO FOR THE MERCHANTS!
    "You remind me of a poem I can't remember, a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." Abe Simpson

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast