Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Where next?

Foxy lady, you need to look in the 'Random' thread. There is a whole heap of stuff there.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Muchos gracias, SE! You were so right, of course. Silly billy me! And oh, how your reply made me laugh!
    Last edited by GirlPolarFox; 01-15-17 at 03:22 AM.

Dinarda seņorita.
    Note the diminutive! We live to make miles of smiles per day.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Longtime Tapper
    Quote Originally Posted by Snarklady View Post
    Yeah it was me, and I loved it, but I finished it. Then when I got a new iPad i couldn't figure out how to get it back without starting over, but I didn't try very hard because there didn't seem to be any new content.
    For those of you who played and liked Hidden Artifacts, there's an update! A brand new investigation. I don't know when it arrived, since I haven't looked at it in months.

Quote Originally Posted by RosemaryL View Post
    Through sloppy tapping, I just watched an ad (rather than entering Oxford dig). It was for a game called Seekers' Notes. Has anyone played it?
    Oh Rosemary where has your sloppy tapping (and Salmo's comments) lead me? Decided to download and am really enjoying this game. I'm still quite lost, unsure of lots of things but loving the challenge! Agree Salmo that I don't want to progress by getting friends but perhaps if it was explained I might. Will need to spend more time searching on their forum which doesn't seem anywhere near as good as ours!
    Level 118
    iPad Air2, iOS 8.2
    SP v2.23 - 344,0
    Support ID: AOW37XJAVU
    Event ID: Ariana1619182694

Last edited by Fyrmnkee; 01-21-17 at 08:30 PM.

Brought this over here as it seems a better place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beckster View Post
    Thanks, I will try that one. What is the secret to getting a new SP game loaded to my iPad since I already have the old one?
    I have no idea. I never could make it work for me but I think it may have had something to do with Game Centre in the past. You need one of the clever ones like Ril (Rosemary) or Cossy who had two games on the go at once to help you. The only way I can think of is to have two seperate devices with one game on each. Sorry I cannot help more.

Firemaker
    what gives with the point!

Seeker Notes.
    yet another I tried and failed at.
    Last edited by Spanish eyes; 02-04-17 at 03:07 AM.
    SMELL THE ROSES.

My 2 games are indeed on different devices. I thought the Pocket ID was the way to have 2 games on the same device. But someone more knowledgeable than I should advise how to do this. My 2 games do have different pocket IDs and the 2 pocket IDs are setup on different email accounts or perhaps that is 2 different Apple IDs (which do have different email accounts). Sorry - it's been too long since I did this and I don't recall the details. I do know that I messed up my pocket IDs once and loaded the wrong game on a device and since it was on the infamous Friday, 13th, it took a looooong time to get help figuring it out. All this is just to say be very careful and understand what you are going to do before you start doing. In the carpenter's terms, measure twice, cut once.
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done
    Oh no! Was that last dune site?

I've been playing Seekers Notes for a couple of weeks and really enjoy it. There are constant multiple quests that are quite challenging and special events that last several weeks. The scenes aren't as lush and beautiful as SP, but are still very nice. Items are rather small, often difficult to find and rarely in the same place, but there are tricks to finding them as well as power ups. The friends function is no big deal. The more you have, the more game assets you can acquire, and you really don't need to be "friendly" with them...just send and receive gifts and "visit" their game to get more stuff. And probably best of all, there is a coherent storyline with multiple characters, and a diary you can go back and read if you've forgotten any story details.
    iPad Air 2
    Gamecenter ID: wildflourgirl

I set up both of my games with the same Apple ID but it seems like later on you couldn't do that. I would say the best way to do it is to first try on another device and then know the email and password for both games (that might be the tricky part) for the older game. If another device doesn't work if you have a family member that you can set up a game on their device and once again set up the Pocket ID and password on the new game then you can log out of your old game and log into the new game and have 2 games on the same device. Just be careful if you are playing both games when logging in and out. Sometimes things can get messed up. Make sure you areconnected to wifi when changing games.
    Level 117 just in time.

Beckster...you might find this thread helpful.

https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...l=1#post342673
    "But, time will tell, of stars that fell
    A million years ago.
    Memories can never take you back, home, sweet home.
    You can never go home anymore."

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsflobob View Post
    I've been playing Seekers Notes for a couple of weeks and really enjoy it. There are constant multiple quests that are quite challenging and special events that last several weeks. The scenes aren't as lush and beautiful as SP, but are still very nice. Items are rather small, often difficult to find and rarely in the same place, but there are tricks to finding them as well as power ups. The friends function is no big deal. The more you have, the more game assets you can acquire, and you really don't need to be "friendly" with them...just send and receive gifts and "visit" their game to get more stuff. And probably best of all, there is a coherent storyline with multiple characters, and a diary you can go back and read if you've forgotten any story details.
    I'm also still playing Seekers Notes and really enjoying it. Love the combination of searching sites and puzzles and the challenge of trying to work out a new game. Agree the diary to reread all the story is a nice touch and guess what, so far I haven't noticed a single misspelled word in the search list! (Except of course in anagram mode. . ) There are updates happening quite often which is reassuring for a game that has been around for a few years and a forum (although not as easy to navigate as this one)

If there is anyone also playing send one or both of us a PM and we can provide our friend codes and lots of hints.

This new game has made the SP decision easier. I haven't deleted yet but am not playing anymore, simply relying on the forum to know if anything changes.
    Level 118
    iPad Air2, iOS 8.2
    SP v2.23 - 344,0

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsflobob View Post
    I'm also still playing Seekers Notes and really enjoying it. Love the combination of searching sites and puzzles and the challenge of trying to work out a new game. Agree the diary to reread all the story is a nice touch and guess what, so far I haven't noticed a single misspelled word in the search list! (Except of course in anagram mode. . ) There are updates happening quite often which is reassuring for a game that has been around for a few years and a forum (although not as easy to navigate as this one)

If there is anyone also playing send one or both of us a PM and we can provide our friend codes and lots of hints.

This new game has made the SP decision easier. I haven't deleted yet but am not playing anymore, simply relying on the forum to know if anything changes.
    Level 118
    iPad Air2, iOS 8.2
    SP v2.23 - 344,0

Longtime Tapper
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassie Ariana View Post

I'm also playing Seeker's Note and am enjoying the diversity. Where's the friend code? Is it the same as the support ID?
    I haven't deleted SP, though I only open it to collect the rubies. I did however find the game on my IPhone and am playing it occasionally there; I have just opened some sites in Moscow. Still no Tinker. Definitely not as addictive as the first time around.

You people got me wondering what I had missed when I tried Seekers Notes before so I am giving it another try.
    Up to now I cannot say it is doing it for me but it is early days. I was surprised at the time it took to load that actual game from the App Store and doubly surprised that my earlier advancement had vanished. I find it slow going both between scenes and the collecting of rewards and the actual searching is both slow and jumpy.
    Still I will persevere for a while longer to see if it grabs me.
    SMELL THE ROSES.

The game that I am playing the most right now is Cradle of Empires. It is a kind of match 3 game, with a nice story and many buildings. The game also has many quests and it adds new components once in a while (every month or so), like new buildings, and special events like Christmas, Valentines, etc. It is not an easy game and you have to persist in order to advance. You don't necessarily need to have friends, but if you have some, they give you energy every day.
    Level 110
    Ipad Air 2
    Support ID: ZXNXUB92QA

Intrepid Explorer
    Running with my dog in the Hills of Zurich
    Decided to ty Seekers note. It is exactly like the first hidden pictures game I played. That one eventually depended on luck and friends too much for my taste but sinc it took awhile to get there, I've decided to go Seekers Note a try.

Everything is very small. Luckily ther is a "free" zoom feature when searching scenes.

Top Banana
    Cradle of Empire is yet another I deleted. I was stuck on one part for four weeks and realised I didnt like it enough to keep going.
    I just looked in in my 'game' folder I have Cradle of Empires and The Paranormal Society, neither of which I have played for weeks. I just need to be sure then I will pull the plug.
    SMELL THE ROSES.

Longtime Tapper
    I downloaded Seekers Notes a couple of months ago, didn't get very far as I was still busy with SP. I've done the update and started playing again. Trying to remember what I was doing, probably going completely wrong Really don't understand the friends thing, although I appear to have two!

Drumlyn, your box is full
    Last edited by Pippy; 02-09-17 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish eyes View Post
    You people got me wondering what I had missed when I tried Seekers Notes before so I am giving it another try.
    Up to now I cannot say it is doing it for me but it is early days. I was surprised at the time it took to load that actual game from the App Store and doubly surprised that my earlier advancement had vanished. I find it slow going both between scenes and the collecting of rewards and the actual searching is both slow and jumpy.
    Still I will persevere for a while longer to see if it grabs me.
    SE - If you logged in with Facebook when you played it before, your game might still be retrievable.

BTW I've advanced a little now and the energy recharge time is quite long. But I sort of think that is good because I can ignore the game for some hours without missing any energy.
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done
    Oh no! Was that last dune site?

Quote Originally Posted by Pippy View Post
    I downloaded Seekers Notes a couple of months ago, didn't get very far as I was still busy with SP. I've done the update and started playing again. Trying to remember what I was doing, probably going completely wrong Really don't understand the friends thing, although I appear to have two!

Drumlyn, your box is full
    Update!!!! WHat Update!!!!

Ril. I never use Facebook. I believe I have an account, maybe, somewhere.
    SMELL THE ROSES.

Playing hopscotch with the neighborhood kids...
    A million years ago.

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by salmo23 View Post
    Playing hopscotch with the neighborhood kids...
    Now that sounds like fun and it gets you out in the fresh air too. I have been taking early morning walks recently and I find it's fun to squash all the snails I find on the sidewalk as I go along as a source of totally free entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber gamer View Post
    Now that sounds like fun and it gets you out in the fresh air too. I have been taking early morning walks recently and I find it's fun to squash all the snails I find on the sidewalk as I go along as a source of totally free entertainment.
    Living proof there is life after Secret Passages...
    A million years ago.

Longtime Tapper
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanish eyes View Post
    Update!!!! WHat Update!!!!

Ril. I never use Facebook. I believe I have an account, maybe, somewhere.
    I had Christmas hats!

Cyber, you sound like my son, squashing my daughter's pet snails in his little tykes car!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast