Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where next?

Quote Originally Posted by Snarklady View Post
    I just started playing that and find it slow getting into. What's your game name? Mine's the same as in SP.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok I just downloaded Castle Story, but it came up as Castle Story Halloween. Is that the same thing or a separate diversion?
    MIdnight Castle ID i28686 if interested. Not sure if I will continue Castle story, so am holding off on friends for that

Quote Originally Posted by Topmom52 View Post
    MIdnight Castle ID i28686 if interested. Not sure if I will continue Castle story, so am holding off on friends for that
    Thx. Still,exhausted from jury duty so not playing -- maybe soon.

Longtime Tapper Primitive Caveman's Avatar
    I have actually stopped playing SP for over a month now. I loved completing the scenes and doing daily quests, but the minute I reached 10,000 shovels, some of the quests needed rubies to be paid to complete them and I realised that that was that.

I haven't deleted it and the memories are great, but the thrill has gone.

I've really been enjoying the free time. I occasionally play Alto's Adventure and have even tried a bit of Pokemon Go. But by and large I'm finding more time to get through my shelves of books.

My reflections on SP. Basically i loved (almost) every moment. But now on the other side (and I'm being tongue in cheek here), well, "Is That All There Is?". Loved the version below, a favourite on Annie Nightingale's BBC Sunday evening show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AybvLztacFM

I tried Castle Story but couldn't get into it. I'm plowing ahead sporadically with Midnight Castle, but I find the forum almost impossible to navigate. Any other potential friends there besides Topmom?

I like The Secret Society.
    Level 117
    iPad Air

I tried Castle Story but couldn't get into it. I'm plowing ahead sporadically with Midnight Castle, but I find the forum almost impossible to navigate. Any other potential friends there besides Topmom?
    I found most of my MC friends on the MC Facebook page.

Has anyone tried Nearwood HD (?). Saw on the App Store as a hidden objects game. Seems to have a not dissimilar storyline with long lost parents, time keepers, evil to be defeated....

Secret Passages was the first game forum I joined. I assumed other game forums would be as fun and interesting as these PG forums...

Not so...or at least I have not found any.
    "But, time will tell, of stars that fell
    A million years ago.
    Memories can never take you back, home, sweet home.
    You can never go home anymore."

Fantastic Beasts:Cases from the Wizarding World game seems like an interesting game. Problem is, I'm so burnt out over anything Harry Potter, I can't find any enthusiasm toward it.

If anyone liked and played Nintendo console games, Mario Run came out for iOS this week. Classic side-scrolling Mario gameplay and familiar characters. I've never been very good at it, but it sure is fun!
    iPad Air 2
    Gamecenter ID: wildflourgirl

Quote Originally Posted by salmo23 View Post
    Secret Passages was the first game forum I joined. I assumed other game forums would be as fun and interesting as these PG forums...

Not so...or at least I have not found any.
    No, they are not. Mostly I don't even join them, just look for info.

Quote Originally Posted by Topmom52 View Post
    No, they are not. Mostly I don't even join them, just look for info.
    And often, they are so difficult to navigate, I can't even find the info. This forum had always been user friendly IMO...
    A million years ago.

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    It's sad but your alive.

You will be thankful of the time it frees up.

- - - Updated - - -

It's sad but your alive.

You will be thankful of the time it frees up.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

So true, DA...

I've been playing Lara Croft GO for the past few days...fun, challenging...even the music is enjoyable...
    Last edited by salmo23; 01-02-17 at 07:44 AM.
    A million years ago.

My itchy fingers are probably going back to crochet and knitting. Haven't done that in years. Already planning them.
    Last edited by Fyrmnkee; 01-04-17 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Stopped yarncraft in April, 2014, RIP TLL

I started a game called Township in the middle of December. Haven't opened SP sin pace the last BB event. I'm enjoying the new game at present.

Intrepid Explorer
    Hey Fyrmnkee, it is amazing how much more time you have on your hands when you stop playing SP. I have been baking, trying new recipes and like you I have to do some knitting. I have four knitting projects lined up and one sweater almost completed.

I have read so many books and have lined up a hit list of movies to watch on Netflix. I even took two of my grandchildren to see the new Disney movie Moana. I need to find a willing grandchild to go and see the new Beauty and the Beast when it comes out in March. I have a planned trip to Florida in March where I will take in a few Toronto Blue Jays spring training games. I will be signing up for a sausage making course in May so that is something really different to look forward to.

There is a life after SP and I am not sure that I will get involved with another game again. I still make time for the forum and love keeping up todate with what is going on.

Longtime Tapper
    Fyrnmkee & Kiwi, that's fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by KIWICANUCK View Post
    Hey Fyrmnkee, it is amazing how much more time you have on your hands when you stop playing SP. I have been baking, trying new recipes and like you I have to do some knitting. I have four knitting projects lined up and one sweater almost completed.

I have read so many books and have lined up a hit list of movies to watch on Netflix. I even took two of my grandchildren to see the new Disney movie Moana. I need to find a willing grandchild to go and see the new Beauty and the Beast when it comes out in March. I have a planned trip to Florida in March where I will take in a few Toronto Blue Jays spring training games. I will be signing up for a sausage making course in May so that is something really different to look forward to.

There is a life after SP and I am not sure that I will get involved with another game again. I still make time for the forum and love keeping up todate with what is going on.
    Before, I had crocheted and/or knitted afghans for all children, grands and a great. Now a new great grand due in August. So, time for a new blanket. Glad you mentioned the new Beauty & Beast, saw previews and it looks interesting. And Super Bowl coming up, the one football game I watch a year. Apologies Kiwi, but a Cubs and Brave fan. I've been to many Braves games, on wish list to go to a Cubbies game. But watched Blue Jays whip many teams.

Thanks Pville.

Must admit, the absence of events did affect my thinking what day it was yesterday. Tuesday, no problem, first "none-event". Wednesday kept feeling like Thursday. First sign of withdrawal? Husband enjoyed my confusion though. No jealousy to the events, nah, none at all.

Quote Originally Posted by KIWICANUCK View Post
    Anyone tried this game. I saw it in one of the daily ads.

Attachment 125004

I did try that one, the Twin Moons Society. It held my interest in the beginning, but as is the case with other games rolled out by this company, I found it a little confusing to navigate, compared to Secret Passages which is so easy to follow. All the G5 games I've played, The Secret Society, etc., have this "assemble collections" feature which escapes me for some reason.

The graphics though, some are stunning with sound effects...the Egyptian one, fires are blazing and you can hear them crackling. The hidden objects are so well-hidden and teeny tiny that those with vision problems may not be able to make much progress. Also, the game gobbles up a considerable amount of space on your device. It's one of those games where you will advance with 'a little help from your Friends'. I don't want any friends...I want to play and advance 'by my lonesome'...

The fun wore off...I deleted it.
    Last edited by salmo23; 01-08-17 at 09:19 AM.
    A million years ago.

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Anyone play console games?

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Last edited by Fyrmnkee; 01-21-17 at 08:31 PM.

Through sloppy tapping, I just watched an ad (rather than entering Oxford dig). It was for a game called Seekers' Notes. Has anyone played it?
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done
    Oh no! Was that last dune site?

Quote Originally Posted by RosemaryL View Post
    Through sloppy tapping, I just watched an ad (rather than entering Oxford dig). It was for a game called Seekers' Notes. Has anyone played it?
    RO...I remembered that Elle mentioned this game in the HA forum.

QUOTE: ELLE

"My go to game since before the holidays has been Seeker's Notes. Personally, I'm liking it way better than either this or SP. It's more challenging and has a steeper learning curve as it's more complex, but you can play for longer periods of time, and while it's not bug free (I've got to level 35 before encountering an intermittent bug that corrects itself during play,meaning you don't need to close your game) it's nowhere near as buggy as this and SP."

I tried the game after she mentioned it. This is the same company which created The Secret Society and The Twin Moons Society. These games all have great story lines and graphics, especially The Secret Society...and they have puzzles and games within the game, which I love. But again, it's the "Assemble Collections" feature which is perplexing to me. Also, I think you will advance quicker if you have "friends"...not my thing. Try them though, you can always delete. I don't know what Internet speed you have, I think mine is adequate...but it still takes a while for these games to download.
    Last edited by salmo23; 01-14-17 at 08:52 PM.
    A million years ago.

Nothing to do with this thread really, but is anyone else missing the multi-parter / multi-day quests? I think I lost mine mid-week so only have the Kingston daily now (though haven't yet downloaded today to check). No events and only one daily quest is a bit dull.....

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast