Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Where next?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeN32 View Post
    Yep, and I finally got station in silhouette mode and got the quest. My reward a new treasure box quest which is stuck on 7 sun moon and saturns to get to the bottom of the columns. I have never got anywhere near it and there is no way to make it easier or try a different puzzle mode.minthink this game is telling me something
    The key with Treasure Box is to combine special symbols to clear away full rows or columns, or if you get lucky enough to have two of the all color symbols next to each other, the entire board. Instead of trying to just get three matching color blocks, they to get four or five to get the special symbols. And then, of course, a time turner or two, never hurts. I spent a week focusing my wish list on collections that rewarded magnifiers and time turners because I was getting so frustrated having three or four quests that required puzzles I couldn't solve in the time allotted without a power up.
    iPad Air 2
    Gamecenter ID: wildflourgirl

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrsflobob View Post
    The key with Treasure Box is to combine special symbols to clear away full rows or columns, or if you get lucky enough to have two of the all color symbols next to each other, the entire board. Instead of trying to just get three matching color blocks, they to get four or five to get the special symbols. And then, of course, a time turner or two, never hurts. I spent a week focusing my wish list on collections that rewarded magnifiers and time turners because I was getting so frustrated having three or four quests that required puzzles I couldn't solve in the time allotted without a power up.
    I have been trying to do just that, but I never seem to have more than two solar objects on the screen at a time. Then manoeuvring horizontal or vertical row clearers into the right place takes too long. Maybe I will have to stock up on dozens of time turners and brute force it that way.

By the way I discovered last night that in addition to objects that repel curses there are other objects that attract them and I even have some. Now I know how to make progress on some of my quests that require searches of scenes with specific curses

I have been trying to do just that, but I never seem to have more than two solar objects on the screen at a time. Then manoeuvring horizontal or vertical row clearers into the right place takes too long. Maybe I will have to stock up on dozens of time turners and brute force it that way.

By the way I discovered last night that in addition to objects that repel curses there are other objects that attract them and I even have some. Now I know how to make progress on some of my quests that require searches of scenes with specific curses
    Sorry to sound a warning when you have discovered something but....

When you use a summoner there is no guarantee which scene it will go to. The summoners will not go onto scenes that are already cursed or anagram mode (the one following a successful play of an anomaly). So if you have 5 scenes open, two with anomalies or anagram (cba) then the summoner could put the anomaly on any of the other three. Many of the higher level players apparently leave scenes cursed or cba as much as possible so that they can use a summoner where they want.

With the TB if you get a multicoloured gem (made from getting 5 in a row) if you can have a striped one next to it, then that is amazing. Also a bomb one moved with a striped one gives a fantastic result. Also you don't need for a move to finish all its effects before doing more moves (that was a revelation when I got that one worked out!).
    Level 118
    iPad Air2, iOS 8.2
    SP v2.23 - 344,0
    Support ID: AOW37XJAVU
    Event ID: Ariana1619182694

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassie Ariana View Post
    Sorry to sound a warning when you have discovered something but....

When you use a summoner there is no guarantee which scene it will go to. The summoners will not go onto scenes that are already cursed or anagram mode (the one following a successful play of an anomaly). So if you have 5 scenes open, two with anomalies or anagram (cba) then the summoner could put the anomaly on any of the other three. Many of the higher level players apparently leave scenes cursed or cba as much as possible so that they can use a summoner where they want.
    I have just learnt that the hard way and I only had one

Re TB I think I need a lot more practice. I found the early levels really simple and shot up to connoisseur level, but now I am stuck and have three TB quests.

I downloaded hidden Artifacts yesterday. It also has very small items to find, but they are always in the same place.

Tinker also found himself asking "where next?" He sold his Workshop and opened a bar called TINKS DRINKS. Pippy and I checked it out the other night.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  92.9 KB
    "But, time will tell, of stars that fell
    A million years ago.
    Memories can never take you back, home, sweet home.
    You can never go home anymore."

Longtime Tapper
    LOL Sal, thought you were my designated driver?!

Trades were slow, so Kingston took advantage of the situation!

Name:  IMG_2001.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  94.1 KB

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by salmo23 View Post
    Tinker also found himself asking "where next?" He sold his Workshop and opened a bar called TINKS DRINKS. Pippy and I checked it out the other night.

Views: 209
Size:  92.9 KB
    So that's what he did with all that redundancy money I paid him. So much for the sob story about Mrs Tinker and all the little tinkers

Sounds like a lot better idea than finding a new game to play.
    Level 117 just in time.

You guys are GOOD! Thanks for the chuckles ;-)
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done
    Oh no! Was that last dune site?

Another Seekers' Notes question: The premium sites (ones that give more access for the event site) in my games are just Clothing Store, Garden, and Dressing Room. Are there other more advanced sites that do same? I like to preferentially "help" those sites with my XP talent. I have Ship open in one game, but it is so hard for me to search that I haven't paid attention to the Ring payout there.
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done

Blue,too, found herself looking for other work. She had a lot of token experience and quickly landed a job as a toll collector. Pips and I took a Road Trip through the "high desert in the great American Southwest" and found her in the middle of nowhere doing her thing.

Views: 188
Size:  97.1 KB
    A million years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by RosemaryL View Post
    Another Seekers' Notes question: The premium sites (ones that give more access for the event site) in my games are just Clothing Store, Garden, and Dressing Room. Are there other more advanced sites that do same? I like to preferentially "help" those sites with my XP talent. I have Ship open in one game, but it is so hard for me to search that I haven't paid attention to the Ring payout there.
    There are more premium sites as you level up - Ship being one of them. Not sure of the order of when they appear but I have access keys for House of Toys, Gloomy House, Antique Shop, Veranda, Old Square, Enigma House in my inventory.
    All premium sites apparently give more AK for the current event but they are all lots more expensive energy wise to play than Clothing Store, Garden and Dressing Room so that's why people request the thread, etc. more often. However, you charging all those rooms will be gratefully appreciated I'm sure! With my Joker talent I'm focusing on the higher costing rooms and leaving Clothing Store, etc where I can.
    Level 118
    iPad Air2, iOS 8.2
    SP v2.23 - 344,0
    Support ID: AOW37XJAVU
    Event ID: Ariana1619182694

Intrepid Explorer
    Running with my dog in the Hills of Zurich
    Quote Originally Posted by salmo23 View Post
    Blue,too, found herself looking for other work. She had a lot of token experience and quickly landed a job as a toll collector. Pips and I took a Road Trip through the "high desert in the great American Southwest" and found her in the middle of nowhere doing her thing.

Views: 188
Size:  97.1 KB
    I was wondering where Blue ended when she was out of work in my City of Secrets.. It looks like you and Pippy are having quite the adventure. Good luck finding Maddie and Justin

Sal and Pippy you are so clever!
    SP lvl 101 on iPad 2
    Earning coins to open Polynesia

Quote Originally Posted by Tassie Ariana View Post
    That sounds really odd, in my game the modes all come round regularly. The anomalies can be a different matter though. I'm sorry you've got what might be a glitch. Perhaps others like Sunshadow and WFG might have a suggestion?

I have seen wiki people say not to play the same scene over and over but to rotate your quests, but you may already have tried that.
    No, sorry I don't. In my game too, the scenes usually rotate through the modes one after the other, except for the pair match one - I find this one sometimes occurs twice in a row. Also a curse will interrupt this and start the cycle back at anagram mode.

If you summon a curse it usually goes to the last or second last room that you searched. The game seems to be programmed to call the right curse to the right room for the quest fairly easily if you search that room. I must say in general, compared to other similar type of games that I have tried, SN seems to drop the needed quest items quite quickly. I tried a couple of others that still hadn't given me the object after searching the room 20 times!
    SP lvl 101 on iPad 2
    Earning coins to open Polynesia

Seekers Notes has gone to the rest home for retired and boring games and in its place is Twin Moons which is of the same type but seems marginally more interesting with reservations. I find the screen very hard to see even on full magnified resolution so would expect it to be even more difficult with a phone. The good(maybe) thing about it is the mini games needed to open another level. I had no problem with the first but the second is driving me crazy, a pearl needs moving to a hole on the board avoiding turtles and ponds. The jury is still out but I will give it a couple of weeks.
    Flying back to Spain on Sunday and intend to do a lot of reading when we get back to make up for empty arms syndrome. That poor guy who had all the flight problems should fly Jet2 not United, we had a grand total of 20 on the flight to the UK with a cabin crew of 5 to look afer us. The airline was not operating at a loss, it was the first flight out of the year and it was full the other way.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish eyes View Post
    Seekers Notes has gone to the rest home for retired and boring games and in its place is Twin Moons which is of the same type but seems marginally more interesting with reservations. I find the screen very hard to see even on full magnified resolution so would expect it to be even more difficult with a phone. The good(maybe) thing about it is the mini games needed to open another level. I had no problem with the first but the second is driving me crazy, a pearl needs moving to a hole on the board avoiding turtles and ponds. The jury is still out but I will give it a couple of weeks.
    https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...l=1#post620452

@ SunShadow...Pippy is the clever one...she started the Catcapades.
    Last edited by salmo23; 04-13-17 at 04:32 PM.
    A million years ago.

Intrepid Explorer
    Flying back to Spain on Sunday and intend to do a lot of reading when we get back to make up for empty arms syndrome. That poor guy who had all the flight problems should fly Jet2 not United, we had a grand total of 20 on the flight to the UK with a cabin crew of 5 to look afer us. The airline was not operating at a loss, it was the first flight out of the year and it was full the other way.
    I had something similar on my flight home from Turkey, just 25 passengers on a plane designed for over 200. No shortage of leg room, but no iPad allowed

I had something similar on my flight home from Turkey, just 25 passengers on a plane designed for over 200. No shortage of leg room, but no iPad allowed
    why no ipad Mikey?

Sal.
    just shows I should read back before starting something. I have slightly different graphics but that will be the latest version, maybe. The good thing to know is that they are still adding.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Intrepid Explorer
    why no ipad Mikey?

Sal.
    just shows I should read back before starting something. I have slightly different graphics but that will be the latest version, maybe. The good thing to know is that they are still adding.
    Our wonderful government has banned them on all inbound flights from countries including Turkey. As if it would make a difference whether a bomb went on in the passenger cabin or the luggage hold!

I'm giving Seekers Notes a try. I only started yesterday so I'm not very far and I have no idea what I'm doing! My ID code is 02V359 if anyone wants to add me.

Our wonderful government has banned them on all inbound flights from countries including Turkey. As if it would make a difference whether a bomb went on in the passenger cabin or the luggage hold!
    What a shambles they are. The trouble is (to my mind) that all parties are just as bad.
    Son-in-Law just messaged my to say a new 'European' directive makes it mandatory that from June all mobile data packages covers the whole of Europe. What happens after Brexit!!!!
    We flew Jet2 again this time after a long absence because Ryanair was cheaper. I was amazed that Ryan allowed ipads and phones from beging seated 'flight mode' of course but Jet2 wants everything turned off until the seatbalt signs go off. Whats that all about!!!
    SMELL THE ROSES.

Intrepid Explorer
    What a shambles they are. The trouble is (to my mind) that all parties are just as bad.
    Son-in-Law just messaged my to say a new 'European' directive makes it mandatory that from June all mobile data packages covers the whole of Europe. What happens after Brexit!!!!
    We flew Jet2 again this time after a long absence because Ryanair was cheaper. I was amazed that Ryan allowed ipads and phones from beging seated 'flight mode' of course but Jet2 wants everything turned off until the seatbalt signs go off. Whats that all about!!!
    Every airline has its own rules and regulations. Don't argue with them or object or you will get savagely beaten up and dragged off the plane just sit there and pretend to listen to the safety briefing

Whats that all about!!!
    A million years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Meggymoo View Post
    I'm giving Seekers Notes a try. I only started yesterday so I'm not very far and I have no idea what I'm doing! My ID code is 02V359 if anyone wants to add me.
    Welcome Meggy! If you add items to your wish list, we will be glad to "help" ;-) Have you found some of the info sites we named earlier in the thread? The game sort of leads you through the main things, but info on friends is not really given in the game itself.
    Last edited by RosemaryL; 04-14-17 at 12:24 PM.
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast