Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Where next?

Quote Originally Posted by Azhure View Post
    Hello, you're going to think that I'm very rude (and I am!) but I've also been playing Seekers Notes. So I've read this thread and thought a-ha! Friends! and have fired off some friend requests. I'm still not sure why we need friends - does it give us more tools? SunShadow - I couldn't add you but if you'd like another friend, I'm 02AHPO. I'm finding it much harder on the eyes compared to SP but I'm enjoying it so far.
    Hi Azhure, not rude at all. Welcome to the SN family here! I am in your waiting room now.

If you haven't already follow Rosemary's link to the wiki in her post #87 above. This has lots of useful info about the game including a detailed explanation of friends. It is also kept up to date by some very dedicated members of the wiki.

You will find that to really progress in the game you need friends and it takes quite a bit of time visiting and gifting as your number of friends increases but it is worth it. You will also find that without a personal connection or request for help on the wiki higher level friends are unlikely to take on a player at your level with your reputation (which is increased by more friends and visiting them) �� Hope this makes sense.....

Tassie
    Level 118
    iPad Air2, iOS 8.2
    SP v2.23 - 344,0
    Support ID: AOW37XJAVU
    Event ID: Ariana1619182694

Hi Tassie,

That does make sense - thank you. I haven't played SP since the start of the year and while I do prefer SP's graphics, I like the constant challenges in SN. There's always one challenge that will have me stumped ... until one game when everything just falls into place and I get it. And then the next challenge comes through and I'm stumped all over again!!

Azhure

Intrepid Explorer
    Running with my dog in the Hills of Zurich
    Hi Tassie,

That does make sense - thank you. I haven't played SP since the start of the year and while I do prefer SP's graphics, I like the constant challenges in SN. There's always one challenge that will have me stumped ... until one game when everything just falls into place and I get it. And then the next challenge comes through and I'm stumped all over again!!

Azhure
    Azhure, remember you can zoom in on pictures. Also, if time is running out you can screenshot, pause the game and really zoom in on your screen shot. I find it's best with 1 or 2 hard to find items (and sometimes the black pearl now) instead of screenshotting right at the start. I wait until about 30-45 seconds left.

If you haven't added me, please do 02DRGF. Is your SN name Azhure because I try to gift my "real" friends first hoping to give them something on their wishlist.

Hello, you're going to think that I'm very rude (and I am!) but I've also been playing Seekers Notes. So I've read this thread and thought a-ha! Friends! and have fired off some friend requests. I'm still not sure why we need friends - does it give us more tools? SunShadow - I couldn't add you but if you'd like another friend, I'm 02AHPO. I'm finding it much harder on the eyes compared to SP but I'm enjoying it so far.
    Hi Azhure, I have added you. My code is 54O5B, I think that it is a capital O and not a zero. Friends give you gifts!
    SP lvl 101 on iPad 2
    Earning coins to open Polynesia

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    I try to gift my "real" friends first hoping to give them something on their wishlist.
    I do also! BTW is anyone SN friend with Jimbo - believe he was going to give it a go.
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done
    Oh no! Was that last dune site?

Quote Originally Posted by RosemaryL View Post
    Wow! If you get photos, I'd love to see them!
    I will when I get some. Gavin came home on Sat. They summited on Thursday in temps of -15 to -20 C and gale force winds. Took 8&1/2 hours up from base camp and 7 hours back, then a further 5 km down to the next camp. They had headaches, diarrhea and shivers from altitude sickness and one of the party collapsed and needed oxygen. He said it was incredibly tough but awesomely beautiful!
    SP lvl 101 on iPad 2
    Earning coins to open Polynesia

Quote Originally Posted by SunShadow View Post
    I will when I get some. Gavin came home on Sat. They summited on Thursday in temps of -15 to -20 C and gale force winds. Took 8&1/2 hours up from base camp and 7 hours back, then a further 5 km down to the next camp. They had headaches, diarrhea and shivers from altitude sickness and one of the party collapsed and needed oxygen. He said it was incredibly tough but awesomely beautiful!
    And people do that for pleasure!!!! Seriously, give him my congrats and admiration.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Just had an amusing thought - most of us are thinking of a new game as our next step. But for some, the "next step" could literally be a summit or else their last step! It's a bit humbling. So glad hubby got home safely!
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done

Intrepid Explorer
    I'm currently on holiday and an afternoon of thunderstorms forced a break from my usual routine of browning off in the Mediterranean sun and reading novels, so I started playing seekers notes in between two hour energy refills of SP. in one afternoon I managed to get to level 10 and whilst not hooked yet, it has got my interest. If any SPers want a new SN friend, my ID is 02DKGN.

Hi Mike, I've just sent you friend request in SN. Hope the sun has come back out for you.

Intrepid Explorer
    Hi Mike, I've just sent you friend request in SN. Hope the sun has come back out for you.
    Many thanks to you, Tassie and wildflourgirl. I have never had so many lady friends

No thunderstorms here today, was sunny AM but now clouded over so looks like I will have to eat one of those cakes for 600 energy units and spend the afternoon playing SN. It's starting to get tricky now.
    Last edited by MikeN32; 04-01-17 at 09:50 AM.

Longtime Tapper
    I too am playing SN - level 26. I guess it's time to look for friends. I've jotted down several SN ID codes and will figure out how to request friend status. My code is 026UJ9. I'm still playing SP on my iPhone, which never synced with my IPad SP game. I'm at level 9 there, still no Tinker, and no daily rewards.

Mike and Drum - have just sent friend invites to you. I am 02DAMX.
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done

Intrepid Explorer
    Mike and Drum - have just sent friend invites to you. I am 02DAMX.
    I will happily accept all friends, but please bear in mind that so far all my friends have made more progress with SN than I have, so when I looked at their wish lists I had none of the items they wanted and in many cases they were still locked in my game. I have visited a few friends games, but have not yet worked out how the visit / recruit system works.

Mike and Drum - you both have made nice progress without friends! But you each would benefit from having a wishlist. My suggestion is to look at the fixers you will need for collections with 3 or more items already found - especially the unusual fixers and ones that you cannot make ("craft" in our lingo). Your other SP friends and I will likely send you one of the fixers every day - and if you tell us through your wishlist what you need, then that is what we will send if we can ;-)

SE - Are you still playing Seekers' Notes? Want some friends?
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done

Intrepid Explorer
    Mike and Drum - you both have made nice progress without friends! But you each would benefit from having a wishlist. My suggestion is to look at the fixers you will need for collections with 3 or more items already found - especially the unusual fixers and ones that you cannot make ("craft" in our lingo). Your other SP friends and I will likely send you one of the fixers every day - and if you tell us through your wishlist what you need, then that is what we will send if we can ;-)

SE - Are you still playing Seekers' Notes? Want some friends?
    Done. I also visited each of my friends games and tapped five sites at random. I got five blue birds and extra points in my game, not sure how it helped you or if there is any logic to which sites I should be helping with.

So many new things to learn and understand, just like SP three years ago, i.e. Mostly just wandering in the dark

Quote Originally Posted by MikeN32 View Post
    Done. I also visited each of my friends games and tapped five sites at random. I got five blue birds and extra points in my game, not sure how it helped you or if there is any logic to which sites I should be helping with.

So many new things to learn and understand, just like SP three years ago, i.e. Mostly just wandering in the dark
    Yes, you've got lots to learn but it's so much fun having a challenge.

Congratulations on getting your Wishlist up and running. Can I suggest you have at least one fixer on there, then your friends can at least send something each day if they haven't got any of your collection items (CI). When visiting a friend you can send a fixer for free, ie it doesn't come off your inventory. So for example if you visit me you will see I have a fixer called coloured ribbon which I expect you will have one of by now. You can send me one of those as a free gift. Many people put cotton and dragonflies on there as they cost quite a bit to craft so it is much easier to get a free one every day from your friends. You will need lots of them! When visiting you have a ranger talent so that means each of the sites you tap on gives the player a 5% greater chance of receiving CI when they play that site. I don't think there is a real logic to which sites you should tap on, maybe I'm wrong with that.

If you haven't already, follow the link from Rosemary's #87 post to the wikia for a detailed explanation of the game including friends and visiting. Of course you may much prefer to be enjoying your holiday!

Happy to help with any questions, looking forward to seeing you zooming up the levels, enjoy!
    Level 118
    iPad Air2, iOS 8.2
    SP v2.23 - 344,0

I sort of have logic of sorts ;-) My talent is giving XP - so I tap on the two trophies that reward with XP. Hopefully that means you get a little XP next time you harvest from your trophies. After that, I always tap the 3 sites that give the most access for special sites - Clothing Store, Garden, and Fitting Room - if they are open. And I use the rest of my taps for the newest sites each friend has. Of course, I don't really know the order in which things come, so that is a guess for friends more advanced than I. Next time I harvest trophies, I'll look for any that have the ranger symbol by them and see what extra I get. If I were to guess, I'd say you should skip the puzzles and the trophies and go for the open sites closest to the sides.

As for the wishlist - I'm with Tassie on the fixers. In fact, I've started a second game and I'm putting no collection items in my wishlist, just fixers. And it seems to me that the game is flowing better. In my first game, I've managed to finish collections before the quests for the parts of those collections were complete. And so I do the combining when I have all the items and then later get more items and then a quest for the combining - and that quest sits there until I manage to get the first few items a second time. I've had to resort to wish listing some of those collection items, just to be able to get rid of that combination quest. Hope that makes sense.

There are many fixers that one can only get from friends since the other approach is banish a monster that you may never see. I'm speaking of the griffin - much chatter on the forum about that. So I look ahead in both my collections and artifacts to see what fixers I'll need next. And when I get enough of a fixer, I leave it on my wish list until I get one more so I can gift it to any friends in need ;-)
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done

Hi Rosemary

I agree with you about the quests. Much better not to rush ahead with collections that haven't been asked for yet, can get in a right pickle.

However, now that you've started a second game you have another option to consider.

If you are being asked in a quest for an item you already have, gift it to your second game, then gift it back again. The game responds as if you had completed the scene/puzzle and gives you the reward! Hope that makes sense. I find that in the second game I receive the gift, need to close the game and reopen before it will show in my collection tab.

Mike and other newer players - you might know this but remember you can zoom in on the scene to help finds items. If still struggling, take a screenshot, pause the game and zoom even further on your photo
    Level 118
    iPad Air2, iOS 8.2
    SP v2.23 - 344,0

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassie Ariana View Post
    Yes, you've got lots to learn but it's so much fun having a challenge.

Congratulations on getting your Wishlist up and running. Can I suggest you have at least one fixer on there, then your friends can at least send something each day if they haven't got any of your collection items (CI). When visiting a friend you can send a fixer for free, ie it doesn't come off your inventory. So for example if you visit me you will see I have a fixer called coloured ribbon which I expect you will have one of by now. You can send me one of those as a free gift. Many people put cotton and dragonflies on there as they cost quite a bit to craft so it is much easier to get a free one every day from your friends. You will need lots of them! When visiting you have a ranger talent so that means each of the sites you tap on gives the player a 5% greater chance of receiving CI when they play that site. I don't think there is a real logic to which sites you should tap on, maybe I'm wrong with that.

If you haven't already, follow the link from Rosemary's #87 post to the wikia for a detailed explanation of the game including friends and visiting. Of course you may much prefer to be enjoying your holiday!

Happy to help with any questions, looking forward to seeing you zooming up the levels, enjoy!
    I obviously have a lot of reading to do

At least I have discovered the forum early unlike SP. It's just a pity I cannot read my iPad outdoors or I could soak up the sun and everything I need to know about SN at the same time.

Mike...to me, visiting is the most important part of the game. Not only does it increase your reputation level, but you also gain XP as well as collection items that you can't seem to get anywhere else. The higher your reputation level, the more friends you can receive rewards from when visiting - usually fixers and access keys which are very important during events. I visit all of my friends daily and send whatever I can that they need. It's very time consuming, but a benefit to all. After I've done my visiting, I hit the Gift button in the lower right corner, and then the "Send" tab. From here you can send more fixers and access keys. That's nice for friends who have things on their wish list that you don't have. At least you can send them something.

Drumlyn...I'm in your waiting room
    iPad Air 2
    Gamecenter ID: wildflourgirl

Will someone please tell me what my talent is in SN. I can't find it within the game. If I send a free gift from the gift tab, can I still gift to your wishlist? So hard to find information in wiki. Thanks

Topmom - you give XP!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tassie Ariana View Post
    If you are being asked in a quest for an item you already have, gift it to your second game, then gift it back again. The game responds as if you had completed the scene/puzzle and gives you the reward!
    Tassie - I know this works for fixers which one can gift freely but only once a day unless you have mastered time travel (which I have not). But when I gift a collection item, it is gone for good. Ah - a thought! Are you saying I can use this to complete a quest for a collection item I already have? That does make sense and is a very good idea! My second game is just level 16, but I will keep this in mind. Alas it doesn't help when I can't find the item. For that, I have to use the wishlist.

If anyone needs another faithful but low-level (16 right now) friend, my second game name is Rosemary2; my invitation code is 02REUQ; and I am a Ranger. And if I've missed any SP folks in my main game, the name there is RoseThTktPls for now (since I'm having a hard time getting theatre tickets); my invitation code is 02DAMX; and I give XP. I visit, "help", and gift a fixer or an access every day (preferably one you have on your wish list) and I gift collection items when I can, but I haven't figured out how to time travel or the benefit of trading or banishing on a friend's page. I'm still learning from Tassie!
    Last edited by RosemaryL; 04-02-17 at 11:58 AM.
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by Topmom52 View Post
    Will someone please tell me what my talent is in SN. I can't find it within the game. If I send a free gift from the gift tab, can I still gift to your wishlist? So hard to find information in wiki. Thanks
    I was also wondering about talent and how you set it or even find out what your own is.

I was also wondering about talent and how you set it or even find out what your own is.
    Mike, you're a Ranger and give 5% increase in finding collection items. As far as I know, you can't change your talent. It is randomly assigned when you start the game. To see your information, tap on the friends bubble in the lower right hand corner. Then tap the icon on the left that looks like a wreath around the number 1. Click the box that says friends only. You should then see yourself and all of your friends listed. Click on your avatar, and all your information will come up.

There's probably an easier way to do this, but I still haven't found it!

Rosemary, I haven't seen any benefit to trading or banishing while visiting now that I have access to all of the characters on my own page. When I first started the game, I did do it to get things from residents/monsters I didn't have yet.
    Last edited by Mrsflobob; 04-02-17 at 02:17 PM.
    iPad Air 2
    Gamecenter ID: wildflourgirl

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast