Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Where next?

Quote Originally Posted by RosemaryL View Post
    Welcome Meggy! If you add items to your wish list, we will be glad to "help" ;-) Have you found some of the info sites we named earlier in the thread? The game sort of leads you through the main things, but info on friends is not really given in the game itself.
    Thank you Rosemary! And thanks to everyone for adding me. I haven't had chance to read the sites you mentioned yet but I will soon. At the moment I'm just playing blindly and doing what I think. I don't really understand everything yet, or what my main aim should be, but I'll get there I'm sure

Meggy - I believe the main aim is to have fun ;-)
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done
    Oh no! Was that last dune site?

Quote Originally Posted by RosemaryL View Post
    Meggy - I believe the main aim is to have fun ;-)
    seconded.

I have been thinking about sharing this observation for quite a while. The biggest problem has been which Thread to use but I finnally decided on this one.
    As I have been searching for a game to take over from SP I started checking out forums as well. One of my criteria was a well run and informative forum as well as an enjoyable game. What an eye opener that turned out to be. The first thing I noticed was the amount of ranters there were in most of them. The second, how bluntly the rest would be in replying 'if you dont like the game or the way the developers run it then DELETE'. The majority took no prisoners. One reply that made me chortle was something like 'paying money to advance in the game does not make you a shareholder and only shareholders can hold the company accountable. Paying money just makes you stupid if you think so little about the developers but still keep spending.'
    Their was none, and I mean NONE, that did not have knockers, whinger and gripers, it was only the way they were dealt with that altered. One of the largest had full time moderators who stood no nonsense and these seemed to use a one strike method. If anyone posted anything the least defamatory they were publicly warned. The second post in the same vein was deleted without redress.
    I have always known that we have been extremely lucky here at PG Forum, this just reinforces it. Up to now I have found only other that comes anywhere near and the game was pretty grotty so I will not be joining.
    Last edited by Spanish eyes; 04-22-17 at 01:46 AM.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish eyes View Post
    I have always known that we have been extremely lucky here at PG Forum
    A very special forum experience, indeed. Some of the early dynamic between PG and the Forum was instrumental in shaping Secret Passages into the gem I still haul out and polish a little everyday. It's always been about the sites for me.

https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...l=1#post189223
    "But, time will tell, of stars that fell
    A million years ago.
    Memories can never take you back, home, sweet home.
    You can never go home anymore."

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    The forums have never been about one group of players. Its about the past and present players that make up each piece of something very special.

I may have slowed down posting about the game after a point. Happens when your original game is broken and even though I started another with not much else left to do in it now. I felt bitter about my original game, which I started before most players. I am finding that game hard to delete.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Intrepid Explorer
    Running with my dog in the Hills of Zurich
    SE, I agree. This forum has given so many an additional attachment to the game and the players. It fostered a true sense of community, not game players. A forum on a new game I'm playing is too rigid and over moderated. Any negative posts are deleted and most of the time with no explanation. There is no connection to the other players fostered. It does a good job informing about the game but I don't even know if there are dog and cat people playing. .

I have found 3 sort-of forums for Seekers' Notes, in addition to the Wikia site:
    http://seekers-notes.wikia.com/wiki/Darkwood_Town_Map

The official forum: http://gotmobile.freeforums.org/viewforum.php?f=173

The official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SeekersNote...WSFEED&fref=nf
    You can sent a personal message here and actually get an answer on your problems/bugs.

The Facebook SN Community page (my fav of the 3): https://www.facebook.com/groups/1845...c_location=ufi
    This is a great place to get answers on things you don't understand - people are supportive and generally nice to each other ;-)
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done
    Oh no! Was that last dune site?

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    I felt bitter about my original game, which I started before most players. I am finding that game hard to delete.
    With great sadness, I had to put my Original game into the Pocket Gems Rest Home for Shattered Games. On the upside though, it has a lot of company there, lol. I just returned from a visit, reinstalling to see if maybe, hopefully...magically, it had been restored to the glorious game it once was.

Nope...still unable to get beyond the kookoo loading screen with the TWO spinning compasses...

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  62.3 KB
    A million years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by salmo23 View Post
    With great sadness, I had to put my Original game into the Pocket Gems Rest Home for Shattered Games. On the upside though, it has a lot of company there, lol. I just returned from a visit, reinstalling to see if maybe, hopefully...magically, it had been restored to the glorious game it once was.

Nope...still unable to get beyond the kookoo loading screen with the TWO spinning compasses...

Views: 451
Size:  62.3 KB
    Show me the way lol show me the way!!

Show me the way lol show me the way!!
    Talk about serendipity. I am reading your words and listening to the same words on a medley himself is playing. Frampton lives.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Talk about serendipity. I am reading your words and listening to the same words on a medley himself is playing. Frampton lives.
    Talk about it! Was listening to Gaga's "Million Reasons" as I read this..."I try to make the worst seem better, Lord,show me the way..."

Gaga rules.
    A million years ago.

Haha you both nuts, in a good way.

Haha you both nuts, in a good way.
    She's nuttier...I'm still a novice...
    A million years ago.

Name:  74780835-Squrril.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  39.7 KB

I have a walnut tree in my yard, so I run into a lot of nutjobs...

Views: 429
Size:  107.1 KB
    A million years ago.

Remember my true story about my Almond tree.
    SMELL THE ROSES.

I remember. How is the tree this year?
    Level 117 just in time.

Slightly lopsided and not as much blossom this year as before which probably means not as much fruit but on the plus side less fruit = less birds = less mess on floor. Since its radical pruning there has been less resin drop so on the whole I am satisfied.
    SMELL THE ROSES.

Intrepid Explorer
Views: 402
Size:  20.7 KB

It came out tiny but you can spot SE's nighty in the rafters (above the wagon wheel) if you squint.

Oops, I put this in wrong thread!
    Last edited by Cyber gamer; 04-26-17 at 06:36 AM.

Seekers Notes has gone to the rest home for retired and boring games and in its place is Twin Moons which is of the same type but seems marginally more interesting with reservations. I find the screen very hard to see even on full magnified resolution so would expect it to be even more difficult with a phone.
    I wanted a game that I could play on my phone if the iPad was flat or I was out with a few minutes to waste, so I tried Hidden City by the same developer as Twin Moons but I found it far too busy to see on a small screen. The gifting aspect was also not very user friendly. I deleted that and instead found a similar game to Hidden Artifacts (which released a new update yesterday b.t.w.) called Agent Alice. It is an old game I think but the scenes are not cluttered so it is quite easy to see on the phone.
    SP lvl 101 on iPad 2
    Earning coins to open Polynesia

Thanks Rosemary for these forum links. I've joined the Facebook SN Community page and it's pretty good - people are friendly and very supportive. I enjoy following the wit and banter on our forum here but the SN page is much nicer than some others, so I think I'll stick with it for a while longer.

Mike - you are absolutely racing through the SN levels!

Longtime Tapper
    Yeah Mike, you little whizz kid, leave me standing!

In case you've all not realised I sort of quit SN, just turn on occasionally to see how you're all doing. The whole collection thing wasn't grabbing me

Quote Originally Posted by Pippy View Post

In case you've all not realised I sort of quit SN, just turn on occasionally to see how you're all doing. The whole collection thing wasn't grabbing me
    Ditto on the "collection" thingie...never got it in any of their games...btw, still think The Secret Society is far and away the best from that company. Anyhooo, I played Hidden Artifacts for a few weeks...lost interest...deleted. I liked the graphics in that game, but the puzzles were not very challenging. I'm trying FARAWAY:Puzzle Escape...enjoying it so far.
    A million years ago.

Those of you who enjoy the Room series might like this one...the House of Da Vinci. Actually it's pretty much a total rip-off of the Room, but I did like it very much. It was quite challenging at times...AppUnwrapper is my new best friend.

Oh...the Room 4 (the Room:Old Sins) is coming out later this year...looking forward to that. Unlike some other "new games" which have been rumored about, but have yet to offer something, anything in the way of details, the Room 4 is doing some tantalizing advanced promotion. I'm ready to purchase!
    Last edited by salmo23; 09-12-17 at 01:40 PM.
    A million years ago.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678