Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [Announcement] Events Ending

Exclamation [Announcement] Events Ending

Hello Seekers,

I wanted to make sure that youíre all the first to know that Midweek and Weekend Events will no longer be scheduled past the end of 2016. However, Mayan slots, dig sites, and the Tomb game will continue to function as they do normally. I know that this is a big deal for many of you--understandably so--as events greatly helped tie the community together here on the forums. However, the team no longer has the resources it needs to continue supporting events into 2017. The forums will remain open for everyone to socialize, and we donít intend to change that in the near future. Secret Passages has gone above and beyond expectations over these past few years. From its beginnings as a globe-trotting hidden objects game, it has grown to become a time-traveling, inter-dimensional, fairy tale-telling, dreamscape-painting adventure--but not without your help, and I thank everyone on behalf of Secret Passages team members, past and present. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, and Iíll answer as best as I can.

I guess I have to say thank you Wilsoon for the advance warning, but oh I am now very sad.

This game has overtaken my life in many ways, both good and bad. It has been a wonderful ride, not least the meeting of forum friends.

However without events I cannot see the point of continuing my game. The final events will clearly see some serious asset burning.

Yours in sadness, Tassie
    Level 118
    iPad Air2, iOS 8.2
    SP v2.23 - 344,0
    Support ID: AOW37XJAVU
    Event ID: Ariana1619182694

Intrepid Explorer
    Wilsooon

Are you going to keep adding new sites to Epoch Grove or will they be ending too at the end of the year?

Wilson, are you kidding? This news absolutely breaks my heart

I beg PG to reconsider. It's the competitive edge of the events that really draw me to this game. In fact I've never stuck with a game for so long before. Without the events you are effectively putting the final nail in the coffin of SP. You're killing off a great game that so many of us still love and that saddens me deeply

I'm going to miss it big time. Does this also mean that PG is not going to try to fix the glitch that prevents a bunch of us from opening Peaceful Warrior or any following sites? So we're effectively done?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber gamer View Post
    Wilsooon

Are you going to keep adding new sites to Epoch Grove or will they be ending too at the end of the year?
    From what I can see there is a final EG site which, for those entirely caught up, should be released right around the end of the year as well. The EG Dune sites, however, should still recycle through if you missed any.

Quote Originally Posted by Meggymoo View Post
    Wilson, are you kidding? This news absolutely breaks my heart

I beg PG to reconsider. It's the competitive edge of the events that really draw me to this game. In fact I've never stuck with a game for so long before. Without the events you are effectively putting the final nail in the coffin of SP. You're killing off a great game that so many of us still love and that saddens me deeply
    SP isn't going away. It's important to keep in mind that not all players play the game the same way, nor has everyone unlocked all the scenes and regions. Unfortunately, the fact of the matter is that we no longer have the resources to continue setting up and running leaderboard events.

Intrepid Explorer
    Running with my dog in the Hills of Zurich
    This truly saddens me. I have just completed my three level 10 diamonds to begin focusing on COS and then Epoch Grove. I find it hard to believe that this is the game PG is killing off.

Whomever finds another good game, let us all know. Then we can switch together and either take over their forum or start our own (no strict rules except the Golden Rule).

There goes my chance at one try for top 7 too. I was saving all cb's coffees and sf for one fantastic weekend of mind numbing searching. I don't have a a chance now that everyone's going to be getting rid of their stashes too

Quote Originally Posted by Snarklady View Post
    I'm going to miss it big time. Does this also mean that PG is not going to try to fix the glitch that prevents a bunch of us from opening Peaceful Warrior or any following sites? So we're effectively done?
    I check on the status of this with those responsible for trying to fix it literally every day, so I can say that it is not a lost cause.

Intrepid Explorer
    Thanks for the game!
    Midweek events don't need leader board...
    Will you keep that?
    Now I'm not laughing on Prediction III...
    Won't reach the Endor, so finally will go to the Night Realm...
    But would appreciate to see some information to better understand what resource is required to keep an event at least once a month...
    Last edited by Hollow; 11-01-16 at 01:36 PM.
    Event name: H(o)ll(o)w / Olevia280723700, lvl 65, support ID: C8C4MGX4B4
    AT free thanks to GOD...

No daily bonus since March update.
    Love You ALL! Forumers rock this world!

Quote Originally Posted by PGWilsooon View Post
    From what I can see there is a final EG site which, for those entirely caught up, should be released right around the end of the year as well. The EG Dune sites, however, should still recycle through if you missed any.
    Sweetheart, but they dont recycle now.

- - - Updated - - -

SP isn't going away. It's important to keep in mind that not all players play the game the same way, nor has everyone unlocked all the scenes and regions. Unfortunately, the fact of the matter is that we no longer have the resources to continue setting up and running leaderboard events.
    One wonders if all the complaints made a difference!!!!

you know I play my game differently and I still have a long way to go to finish but the second shoe dropping still saddens me.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    Thanks for the game!
    Midweek events don't need leader board...
    Will you keep that?
    They don't on the player-facing side, but there actually is a leaderboard on the back end to run the event, so midweek events are also included in this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish eyes View Post
    Sweetheart, but they dont recycle now.
    That's because not all of them have been released yet

They don't on the player-facing side, but there actually is a leaderboard on the back end to run the event, so midweek events are also included in this.

- - - Updated - - -

That's because not all of them have been released yet
    thank you
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Intrepid Explorer
    Turn out the lights, the party is over. There really is no point in continued play as hoarding assets is meaningless now.

This games has been to me personally more than just a game. I came to SP at a very dark time in my life. I had just lost my husband to mesothelioma which is cancer caused by asbestos at the age of sixty five. He was my sweetheart from the age of 16. Six months later I found out that I also had cancer, a Squamish cell carcinoma which caused me to loose fifty percent of my bottom lip. For the past four years I have been cancer free.

SP and the forum were a lift in spirits that was badly needed. Yes it definately took up a huge percentage of my daily time but it was well worth it. I do not regret one minute of time spent playing or conversing on the forum. It will definately leave a large gap in my daily routine that I will have to fill. I am sure that out there there is some other game that will do that or maybe not. Maybe it is time to get a new hobby.

The fellowship and rivalry on this forum is to me the hallmark of just how folks from all around the world with a common interest can achieve such lofty goals and have fun doing it. It was truly a sense of family bonding that I am sure will be hard to beat,
    Last edited by KIWICANUCK; 11-01-16 at 02:02 PM.

Where did my post go?
    I'll just say it again. I think taking away one of the reasons to keep playing a game despite all the technical issues with it is a terrible decision.

Intrepid Explorer
    I'm all caught up on the EG sites, but I sure wish you had recycled the CoS dunes because I am still missing Animal Herd.

I hope you reunite Maddie and her father one more time before you stop adding EG sites too. Don't leave me in suspense. Finding out their fate is why I stuck around so long.

I check on the status of this with those responsible for trying to fix it literally every day, so I can say that it is not a lost cause.
    Thanks Wilsoon. Here's hoping.

Kiwi, your story made me feel so sad, but also made me realise what a truly remarkable and inspiring lady you are. I'm so pleased to hear of your remission. You certainly have fighting spirit in more ways than one.

PG, this is a prime example of what this game can mean to people. I only wish you valued the game as much as we do.

Anybody want the lottery numbers for next week?

I draw your attention to the following thread, Post #1 (in red), which will go down in history as one of the greatest predictions of all-time: https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...l=1#post608054
    Paradise Cove - Leader of the Darkwings (PM me about joining our guild)

Secret Passages - Billionaire Bandits

The Billionaire Bandit club is now 78 strong and growing and in its second year. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

Congratulations to our newest Bandits:
    * Pippy * & Binkster!!

Special congratulations to Meggymoo & Dr. Tammy for becoming the first 4BBs!

Okay, the party is at my house, first, and then it will be moving slowly across the country to Jimbo's lake house. You're all invited!

In the words of Dr. Seuss, "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened!"

This is the best Forum and the best PG game and we took it to new heights! I salute you all!

The Billionaire Bandit club is now 78 strong and growing and in its second year. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

* Pippy * & Binkster!!

Wilsooon:

Send the events stuff over to me. I'll program it every week. I've figured everything else out with this game. How hard could it be to figure that stuff out?

* Pippy * & Binkster!!

Quote Originally Posted by igotahavit View Post
    Anybody want the lottery numbers for next week?

I draw your attention to the following thread, Post #1 (in red), which will go down in history as one of the greatest predictions of all-time: https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...l=1#post608054
    I laughed when I saw what you predicted but it's not funny anymore! You do seem to have a knack of getting these things right though, so if you know the winning lottery numbers I'm all ears

- - - Updated - - -

Intrepid Explorer
    I suggest a group lottery ticket, the jackpot this week in Canada is 43m. Now the numbers people can work out how much rubies, tokens, coins, keys etc we need to contribute. We could take turns in the countries around the world. Imagine the party if we won.

I will buy a ticket and post it on the forum. Oops, that maybe not quite legal, oh what the heck.

The Game will still be around for those just starting out and can still be fun for those with much left to do in their game. Secret Passages existed before the Events and from what I take from Wilsoooon's OP, it will be around after the Events are "retired". It's too bad that lower level and new players will miss out on these Events though...they were a good way to quickly build up assets to move through, and upgrade, all the Passages.

A great game, and a greater Forum...
    Last edited by salmo23; 11-01-16 at 03:09 PM.
    "But, time will tell, of stars that fell
    A million years ago.
    Memories can never take you back, home, sweet home.
    You can never go home anymore."

I am so sad to read this, the events are what made the game for me. I've been hoarding rubies for weeks to really go for it one weekend, better not wait much longer...

Would it be possible to have a monthly event if weekly is taking too many resources?

- - - Updated - - -

I am so sad to read this, the events are what made the game for me. I've been hoarding rubies for weeks to really go for it one weekend, better not wait much longer...

Would it be possible to have a monthly event if weekly is taking too many resources?
    Paradise Cove - Level 58 (Mrs Ripple, member of Darkwings)
    Paradise Cove - Level 53 (Raiding Queen, officer of Thedarkraiders)

Support IDs: 9NQY72WE47 and 6R0HQ92TQC

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast