Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Player ideas for ships and story lines

Active Member Guybrush Threepwood's Avatar
    Yay, Around the World quest is back Thanks, PG.
    I came. I saw. I went.

Quote Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood View Post
    Yay, Around the World quest is back Thanks, PG.
    So happy we get to learn about more countries.

The Terra Cotta Army is in this week's coin ship quest! WOW!!!!!!!!!

PG is really blowing my mind. Wait, my poor little mind is so scattered and chaotic, it does not take much to disturb it.

But, I did suggest the Terra Cotta Army, and here it is. I did not suggest it for Around the World buildings, but in a story line for a ship, and voila, it is here!

Once again, THANK YOU, PG!!!!!!!!
    "You remind me of a poem I can't remember, a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." Abe Simpson

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Quote Originally Posted by 38supercomp View Post
    The Terra Cotta Army is in this week's coin ship quest! WOW!!!!!!!!!

PG is really blowing my mind. Wait, my poor little mind is so scattered and chaotic, it does not take much to disturb it.

But, I did suggest the Terra Cotta Army, and here it is. I did not suggest it for Around the World buildings, but in a story line for a ship, and voila, it is here!

Once again, THANK YOU, PG!!!!!!!!
    Glad to see that the skeleton crew does sometimes listen & respond positively to players' suggestions. Glad to see that despite what was written in the quest description two weeks ago, they are back on track & continuing to send inhabitants of the Cove travelling to the far corners of the world & perhaps even beyond?)! Perhaps that week off was a little experiment to kinda "test the waters" to see how many expressed dismay over the possibility of the world travelling ending so quickly? Whatever the reason, just glad to see it back & hope it continues for a while longer! Good show PC, keep those "Around-The-World" ships coming!

I am patiently waiting to see if we get any ships that start with the letter 'Q'. The Queen who fell into the Quagmire and all that.

In the meantime, I did not sleep well last night. Full moon, old age, ate supper too late, watched one too many murder mysteries on Investigation Discovery channel. I have several excuses for my poor sleep habits.

While I was awake, I spent some time on the Internet. Ooops, that is not the cure for insomnia. Quite the contrary.

I saw a picture of a Giant Rhinoceros Beetle. And I thought about a new story line for the cove.

The cove is being invaded by giant insects. Beetles and giant beetles and bigger beetles, OH MY!

Shiny beetles, iridescent beetles, colorful beetles. Nasty beetles like Blister Beetles. Which abound in Arkansas. The problem with Blister Beetles is that they love tomatoes. If you try to hand pick them because you are growing organic veggies, you will soon learn why they are called Blister Beetles. And they love alfalfa. Problem for people who feed alfalfa hay to their horses. It does not take many dried beetle parts in the hay to kill a horse. I have seen the grey and the striped blister beetles in my garden.

Name:  IMG_6039[1].jpg
Views: 224
Size:  20.1 KB

Name:  IMG_6042[1].jpg
Views: 213
Size:  14.7 KB

Name:  IMG_6041[1].jpg
Views: 218
Size:  19.0 KB

Name:  IMG_6043[1].jpg
Views: 226
Size:  17.5 KB

There are quite a few different types of blister beetles.

Name:  IMG_6044[1].jpg
Views: 223
Size:  17.9 KB

Including several gaudy-colored types.

The next one is called a cow killer around here. Good description. It is called that for a reason. Get bit by one and you will know where the name comes from.

Name:  IMG_6046[1].jpg
Views: 224
Size:  16.2 KB

I have never seen a bite in person, and hope never to have one bite me. It is called a wasp, but it looks like a giant red and black ant. Kind of fuzzy. Flightless as far as I know. I have never seen one fly.

Now back to some more interesting Giant Beetles.

I am going to start a new post. I think it will only let me post ten pictures.
    Last edited by 38supercomp; 04-14-17 at 06:49 AM.
    "You remind me of a poem I can't remember, a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." Abe Simpson

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Giant Beetles are invading the cove! Who will take them on? Jack? Maria? Another brave soul?

Name:  IMG_6024[1].jpg
Views: 228
Size:  16.8 KB

Name:  IMG_6025[1].jpg
Size:  20.4 KB

Name:  IMG_6026[1].jpg
Views: 229

Name:  IMG_6027[1].jpg
Size:  17.6 KB

Name:  IMG_6028[1].jpg
Views: 232
Size:  16.3 KB

Name:  IMG_6029[1].jpg
Views: 221
Size:  20.5 KB

Name:  IMG_6030[1].jpg
Views: 217
Size:  11.9 KB

The thing is, I can see someone riding to the rescue of the cove inhabitants in a ship shaped like one of these beetles. Or with sails colored like one of these beetles. I can think of several scenarios which would lead to a Giant Beetle Ship.

The beetles are infesting the food, the houses, the ships! The forests, the crops, the very beaches around the islands! Who can defeat them?

How about it, PG? Does this give you any ideas?

And just why do I keep suggesting ideas, knowing how things are in the game? One reason and one reason only.

I may not ever be the best player in the game, or even the 100drth best, but by golly, I have several ships and story lines immortalized in the game. I will make my mark on the game in the way I can.

PS: A gift of some rubies for my ships that are already in the game would be much appreciated!

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Not into giant beetles? How about female pirates?

In another thread I posted that while I love sparkly ships, and especially purple sparkly ships, we might need some serious pirate ships. Mean-looking ships. Ships with gnarly mean ruthless captains. And some of those captains could be, and yes, should be, female. Have you ever looked into the actual female pirates who really lived and sailed the seven seas?

Anne Bonny and Mary Read are two well-known female pirates. How many of you know about Christina Anna Skyette? She was Swedish. And let's not forget Wigbiorg, Hetha and Wisna, three female Danish Pirates. Or Lady Mary Killigrew. Or Anne Dieu-le-Veut, a Frenchwoman based in the Caribbean. There was also Flora Born, who sailed off the East Coast of the US. Ching Shih was one of the many Chinese women who made ruthless pirate captains.

Let's hear it for women in the Captain's seat!

And let's have a few kick-booty pirate ships. No sparkles, no cutesy ships, no color coordinated sails and deck chairs. Really life-like pirate ships.

I know, PG is slowing down and scaling back. But maybe if I keep giving them ideas, they will keep giving us new ships and story lines. It can't hurt. And I am determined to make my mark on this game.

What about a ship that sails around with its own storm following it?

Name:  IMG_6079[1].jpg
Views: 203
Size:  18.8 KB

A ship that looks a bit other-worldly?

Name:  IMG_6080[1].jpg
Views: 204
Size:  17.8 KB

Is it from the past? The future? All times, like Dr. Who and the Tardis?

A ship that looks deserted but could come to life at any second?

Name:  IMG_6078[1].jpg
Views: 204
Size:  18.9 KB

And speaking of female captains. Look at the tattoo on this one's arm. And the dead guys on the sand behind her. Who do you think killed them? She did, because they did not ask how high when she said jump! And check out her ship, waiting on the waves for her to return to it.

Name:  IMG_6074[1].jpg

Did you even notice the tattoo? Seriously? This is a woman you don't want to mess with.

And the last one started life as a lady, but lost her eye in battle. She may look pretty and demure and lady-like, but don't cross her. Women can be as cut-throat and treacherous as men. If you don't believe me, watch Investigation Discovery if you have access to it and see what women can do.

Name:  IMG_6081[1].jpg
Size:  11.5 KB

PG staff, if you read this, how about a more realistic pirate ship, with no cute kids, cakes, purple sparkles and with a kick-butt female captain?
    Last edited by 38supercomp; 04-17-17 at 11:56 AM.

Member Vaders_Fist_2

A few more thoughts about the women playing TPC: they are:

Sassy, fun, funny, supportive, tough, fierce, loyal, smart, friends (before, after and between battles), relentless during battles, determined, beautiful, interesting to talk to, talented, imaginative, awesome, strong, resilient, adventurous, tender, full of life, loving and amazing.

Women are all of those things in real life and it carries over into the game. Let's have more women captains in our coves!

And if anyone has stats to show that there are more women on the ships we already have than men - save them. Right now I am campaigning for more female captains!

Member Vaders_Fist_2

If we can't have giant beetles or more stories about female captains, how about a ship the color of the Blue Morphio butterfly?

Name:  IMG_0072[1].jpg
Views: 167
Size:  13.7 KB

Did you all know there is a character named Morphio in the smurfs?

Name:  IMG_0113[1].jpg
Views: 164
Size:  9.1 KB

He is one of my favorite Smurfs villains.

Member Vaders_Fist_2

The Build-a-boat quest had shoes and boots on the ships. I have posted pictures of shoes and boots more than once in my recruitment thread. Coincidence? Maybe. Or maybe PG is reading my posts.

Today I want to put in another push for ships with butterflies on them. Or sails taken from butterfly wings. Check out some of these amazing butterflies.

Name:  IMG_6845[1].jpg
Views: 150
Size:  20.7 KB

Name:  IMG_6846[1].jpg
Views: 151
Size:  21.3 KB

Name:  IMG_6847[1].jpg
Views: 148
Size:  14.8 KB

Name:  IMG_6848[1].jpg
Views: 149

Name:  IMG_6849[1].jpg
Size:  16.9 KB

Name:  IMG_6850[1].jpg
Size:  17.7 KB

Name:  IMG_6851[1].jpg
Views: 156
Size:  20.0 KB

Name:  IMG_6853[1].jpg
Views: 147
Size:  21.3 KB

Photographers have found all of the letters of the alphabet on butterflies wings. Think of the possibilities. Sails with strips, spots, eye-spots, beautiful colors. See-through sails like the glass wing butterflies.

And here is a final thought about butterflies.............................

Name:  IMG_6852[1].jpg
Views: 152
Size:  16.2 KB

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Look what sailed into my cove this morning!

Name:  IMG_7067[1].jpg
Views: 129
Size:  18.1 KB

And if I could offer one more suggestion to the Skeleton Staff, it would be to give us another butterfly ship with white sails. Outline the butterfly in black, leave the rest of the ship the same, and do not make it a ruby ship. Easy peasy, your design is done already, and we get another butterfly ship. Maybe it could be a coin ship one week when you want a break from the Around the World ships.

Member Vaders_Fist_2

My idea is a ship that makes the most money since that is what this game is about, money, money, money
    Why even have posts or opinions, it is obvious that PG does not care about what any of us think, money ship would be the best name
    Last edited by Banana boat; 05-19-17 at 05:18 AM.

I keep posting for my own amusement.

And because PG did use my ideas in the past and there are several ships in the game now that came directly from my story lines. Even after the game officially ends, my ships and stories have been used. They are out there forever. Until the last person in the world deletes the game, my ships will exist.

And I have a lot of time on my hands.

And because people have told me they read what I post and smile.

I have no idea why anyone else posts. I can only speak for myself.

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Well, that is a very pretty ship that I would have wanted had it been offered in my cove. Alas, it was not. I was offered a camping ship, a coffee ship and an architect ship. None that I am interested in. Sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by mcwlod View Post
    Well, that is a very pretty ship that I would have wanted had it been offered in my cove. Alas, it was not. I was offered a camping ship, a coffee ship and an architect ship. None that I am interested in. Sigh...
    I did notice it was selling fast. Faster than the last few ruby ships.

Member Vaders_Fist_2

The Rainbow Butterfly Ship was this week's limited offer ship.

I love your posts SC. Those butterfly pics are gorgeous! I for one have learned a lot & am constantly entertained & amused by your posts. And yes, they often do make me smile, even when I normally wouldn't feel like it. Please don't stop & keep those of us who are interested entertained & informed right up to the bitter end! Your efforts are appreciated & I'll bet are sometimes cathartic for you.

thank you, and I will keep posting.

Member Vaders_Fist_2

thank you, and I will keep posting.
    Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Banana boat View Post
    My idea is a ship that makes the most money since that is what this game is about, money, money, money
    Why even have posts or opinions, it is obvious that PG does not care about what any of us think, money ship would be the best name
    Hey BB Long time no see!!

You have given a good suggestion!! Chinese have this money ship!!

Name:  IMG_1278.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  20.2 KB

May be PG should look in to giving us one to make more and spend on them!!
    Last edited by Pinkpanther; 05-20-17 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Banana boat View Post
    The "PG Vampire Boat." It just keeps sucking our money out!

It can be all black with two gigunda fangs on the bow, capes for sails and it should leave a wake of blood as it sails around. Then we can make the Zippy Van Helsing boat equipped with a stake cannon and a cross hull and it can chase the PG Vampire boat around the cove.

Love it!
    Paradise Cove - Leader of the Darkwings (PM me about joining our guild)

Remembering Nayjon (1970-2017), guildmate and lover of TPC. I'll miss you, brother!

Secret Passages - Billionaire Bandits

The Billionaire Bandit club finished 78 strong and I'm proud of all who made this so much fun. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

Pink, I like that money ship.

Igotta, I would go for the Vampire ship, and Zippy Van Helsing. Great images. I can picture both of them sailing around my cove.

Member Vaders_Fist_2

The fleet quest this week is Defeat Vampire Master.

Who says PG does not listen to us? Good call, Igotta.

Member Vaders_Fist_2

The fleet quest this week is Defeat Vampire Master.

Who says PG does not listen to us? Good call, Igotta.
    I guess PG is just a "sucker" for anything Igota ask for? LMAO! Thanks PG. Now if only we could get a Zippy Van Helsing ship.

Remembering Nayjon (1970-2017), guildmate and lover of TPC. I'll miss you, brother!

The Billionaire Bandit club finished 78 strong and I'm proud of all who made this so much fun. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

PG Skeleton Crew:

First, thanks again for the new Zippy ships. I was only teasing, but it's always nice to get Zippy ships.

Second, not that I/we don't appreciate the effort (actually, just the opposite), but is there any chance that you could "special" offer the Zombie Ghouler and Vampire Master ships? Say for 299 rubies each? Look, it doesn't have to be immediately. Even if you put the offer out there in a week or two. Please!

No offense, but I actually think those two ships are as a good (creative wise), if not better looking, than the Zippy ships. Don't get me wrong. I like the Zippy ships, too. Just that the Vampire and Zombie ships are way too cool to not offer them to us. Think about, if it's not too much work.

Thanks, guys!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast