Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Player ideas for ships and story lines

That should help take down Sweet Salvage, that's for sure! Love it, Mugs!

I am fascinated by the story of the Terracotta Army. The warriors and horses depict the Army of Qin Shi Huang, the First Emperor of China. Thousands of life-sized warriors and hundreds of horses, along with officials, acrobats, strongmen and musicians stand ready to march into battle for the Emperor.

Name:  IMG_4424[1].jpg
Views: 282
Size:  20.0 KB

The details are amazing. Different faces, different uniforms, weapons, arrayed in ranks. Some archers are depicted standing, others kneeling. All appear ready to come to life.

What would it take to bring this army to life?

An impish quest giver. One who beguiles a digger to put on one of the helmets, perhaps.

Name:  IMG_4427[1].jpg
Views: 285
Size:  11.4 KB

Perhaps a malevolent quest giver who wants to take over the cove and sees the army as his or her way to power. We have had more than one quest sparked by a quest giver who wants to take over the cove. Who wouldn't want to have an army of terracotta soldiers at their disposal? Since there are so many of them, and they are made of terracotta, it would be no great loss to lose one of them. Why the quest giver could just bring forth another one at will. He or she would have thousands of warriors at his or her disposal.

Name:  IMG_4426[1].jpg
Views: 284
Size:  19.3 KB

Or perhaps a hapless young lad simply takes the head of one of the warriors home with him at night, and then dreams of headless warriors chasing him. That would be a nightmare for sure.

Name:  IMG_4428[1].jpg
Views: 286
Size:  20.4 KB

Name:  IMG_4429[1].jpg
Views: 290
Size:  20.3 KB

We have had dig sites in quests in the past. Another dig site should not be too difficult to do.

This quest could have so many tie-ins. It could represent China in our trip around the cove. It could represent the idea of Warriors4Ever. (Sorry, guys and girls, but your name just fits a Terracotta Army. The Terracotta Army surely are warriors forever, frozen in time, standing guard for many centuries now.)

And what kind of ship would they sail? A terracotta ship, of course.

You can call me half-baked if you like. It's just a little idea come to life in a quick sketch.

Hmmm, what is half-baked terracotta? Mud, maybe.

Don't laugh. There have been many civilizations around the world which constructed houses and buildings out of bricks made from mud. From the Silk Road to Taos Pueblo, to a mosque in Mali, West Africa. The Khiva Wall in Uzbekistan, Chan Chan in the Moche Valley in Peru, and the Siwa Oasis in the western Egyptian desert - huge building projects made from different types of mud.

The Terracotta Army is only one of the amazing wonders of the world which feature truly remarkable items made from what is basically mud. Refined mud. Fired in a kiln, but at the most basic level, mud.

Long live the Terracotta Army!

Disclaimer: I know I said the Terracotta Warriors are disposable, and I want it made perfectly clear that my friends in the Warriors4Ever guild are in NO WAY disposable. I would miss each of them dearly if they were lost. Only terracotta warriors are disposable. Therefore, they could not be made to look like actual members of the Warriors4Ever guild. Nope, no way, no how could they look like anyone I know and love!
    Last edited by 38supercomp; 02-12-17 at 04:09 PM.
    The very fact of snow is such an amazement.
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

I am thinking a terracotta ship would must needs be glazed. Or it would be a very short journey. That would require a heck of a kiln...

There are possibilities there. :P
    Arlene (yes, the one from support )

Rest assured that not one in our Warrior Family is considered disposable or easily broken!!! That being said... How honored the Warriors4Ever guild along with its many sisters and brothers are to be mentioned in this amazing storyline !!!!! Fantabulous.

Woooooooo!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  14.5 KB
    No I do not wear tights.... I wear the required uniform!!!! If I can't find the uniform... I let my freak flag fly. Why? Because I can!!

Fresh from the kiln a terracotta ship!

Name:  IMG_1719.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  55.0 KB

The umbrella can keep it hovering above waters...
    Clear as mud?

Name:  IMG_1717.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  60.8 KB
    Tight is tight and too tight is broken.

Officer of Warrior Family

I am posting on this thread to bring it to the top of the list.

I love the new coin ships.

Today's, visiting Peru, is a great continuation of the idea of visiting different countries. Around the Cove is a great quest. I am so thankful PG implemented it. And I am glad it is a coin quest giving more players an opportunity to complete it.

Once again, Thank You, PG and the Skeleton Staff. I do not know who is still on staff for the Cove, but whoever you are, kudos to you. Another great addition!

PS.... kudos to Pinkpanther. See post #33 of this thread. Pink deserves a big pat on the back for suggesting the "Around the World" theme.
    Last edited by 38supercomp; 03-07-17 at 09:33 AM.
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Hey SC,

Thanks for giving this thread a bump and special thanks for the compliments!!

It was said by Charlie in one of his comments in Tavern that so long as you and I are here, there will never be any shortage of story lines for PG.

The idea of Around the world (Around the cove) came up from the fact it will give a personal touch to every player based on their country birth or citizenship and make them stay in the game!

So, in continuation of the same tradition, I wish PG starts Zodiac Ships coin quests! That will run for 12 weeks and every one will have a ship of their zodiac sign even if their country is not covered in the current sequence. But prior to that I wish PG covers as many countries as possible so that no one is left out!!
    Last edited by Pinkpanther; 03-07-17 at 04:48 PM.

Love the idea of the zodiac and then we could have the Chinese years...
    TPC - Level 90 Mrs Ripple, Officer of the Darkwings
    TPC - Level 84 Raiding Queen, Leader of the Darkraiders PM me if you want to join us or email thedarkraiders@mail.com

Support IDs: 9NQY72WE47 and 6R0HQ92TQC

These boat kites fascinate me.

Views: 211
Size:  15.9 KB

Views: 214
Size:  19.2 KB

Views: 209
Size:  10.0 KB

I am not a fan of the aerial ships, so if you can do one that is a sailing on water ship, that would be wonderful.

I want the one in the center picture! PLEASE!? As Blue said, not floating in the air, but as a ship on the water!

And Zodiac ships is also a great idea!

Put on your designing caps, skeleton crew!
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Storyline

Been thinking of this for a while, and today is the day to cheer some friends up! There are quite a few players here is this forum that put aside a lot of time to provide entertainment and information for all players. It would be great to see PG run a storyline on some of the fascinating individuals and guilds out there. Some of my first thoughts are for the "Thread Masters" for ongoing events and quest lines.
    BlueBlou, for putting together event and ship threads. She also provides valuable information when someone is in question. I call her a PG historian.

TinyTam, for providing us with her meticulous spoiler threads. Still marvel at how she does it!

38supercomp, for providing us with storylines amongst her own stories in her recruiting thread, and don't forget her passionate love for Zippy. lol

GreatVikings! For their outstanding stories of Thor. Their imagination and creativity is above all when it comes to Thors adventures.

My memory skills do lack and sure I am missing others. So please do add comments and suggestions to the list of individuals or groups in need of recognition . After all, we are all sailing to sunset in the same ocean.

Name:  IMG_1928.JPG
Views: 203
Size:  55.9 KB

Cheers!
    Tight is tight and too tight is broken.

Officer of Warrior Family

When we get to Mexico in our around the cove series, I would love to see a pink or blue Axolotl. They are fascinating creatures.

Name:  IMG_5428[1].jpg
Views: 185
Size:  16.1 KB

Name:  IMG_5429[1].jpg
Views: 178
Size:  12.3 KB

I'm sure the skeleton crew could work them into the storyline. Maybe we have to save a rare and endangered axolotl.
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

While thanking PG once again for the weekly coin based ruby deco, I wish to remind on the weekly 199 Ruby deco with a continual theme and small footprint, instead of 3 per month!!
    Last edited by Pinkpanther; 03-14-17 at 10:04 PM.

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Delia View Post
    Rest assured that not one in our Warrior Family is considered disposable or easily broken!!! That being said... How honored the Warriors4Ever guild along with its many sisters and brothers are to be mentioned in this amazing storyline !!!!! Fantabulous.

Woooooooo!

Views: 292
Size:  14.5 KB
    Hehe love it.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

I am sad and disappointed today.

No country related Around the Cove coin ship!. I really liked the ones we have seen so far and sincerely hope that this line of designs will not stop. There are so many wonderful things out there that we do not know about other countries.

Please also never do designs with babies in them or as a theme. It might be cute, but it is morally wrong to put children in the line of fire. So sad to see a little girl on the coin ship.

Active Member Guybrush Threepwood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlou View Post
    I am sad and disappointed today.

No country related Around the Cove coin ship!. I really liked the ones we have seen so far and sincerely hope that this line of designs will not stop. There are so many wonderful things out there that we do not know about other countries.

Please also never do designs with babies in them or as a theme. It might be cute, but it is morally wrong to put children in the line of fire. So sad to see a little girl on the coin ship.
    Same here, BlueBlou. Was curious and excited about which country they'd feature next Am also arranging the country-related structures in one area in my cove
    I came. I saw. I went.

I'm hoping the little girl is NOT on the coin ship at the lowest level. If so, I will leave it as is. If I don't upgrade it, it will be just another puny little ship in my fleet.

I was also hoping for another Around the Cove Ship. I love seeing what the Skeleton Staff comes up with for each country. I was looking forward to another country to visit.
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

I want a ship that feeds freeloaders to the sharks ☠️

Quote Originally Posted by Defcon5 View Post
    I want a ship that feeds freeloaders to the sharks ☠️
    Great idea! I can just see it. It would have a catapult on the bow, and the sharks would circle the ship. Freeloaders away!!!
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Name:  IMG_5698[1].jpg
Views: 95
Size:  18.3 KB

Several of us on the Smurf's Village forum have been asking for colorful windsocks for years.

I wonder if I might have more luck here.

May 5th, is Children's Day in Japan. They celebrate with a beautiful display of windsocks. I think I will pretend I am part of the celebration this year and buy a few windsocks and hang them in my yard.

Name:  IMG_5695[1].jpg
Views: 96
Size:  19.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_5696[1].jpg
Views: 95
Size:  17.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_5697[1].jpg
Views: 107
Size:  15.6 KB

These windsocks are beautiful. See the close-up below.

Name:  IMG_5700[1].jpg
Views: 105
Size:  9.4 KB

And hanging them en masse, is even more awesome and spectacular.

Name:  IMG_5699[1].jpg
Views: 94
Size:  20.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_5704[1].jpg
Views: 90
Size:  20.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_5705[1].jpg
Views: 98
Size:  17.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_5706[1].jpg
Views: 94
Size:  20.1 KB

If we can't have a windsock themed ship, how about using the idea when Around the Cove visits Japan? Or a ruby deco (either one we purchase or the one we have been getting on Monday mornings that give us 20 rubies) of a windsock?

Just a little idea of mine that does several things at once. 1) celebrates a Japanese tradition, 2) adds color and interest to our coves, 3) gives me a chance to put in a plug for something and see if it materializes, and 4) makes me smile when I think of the windsocks dancing in the wind.
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Quote Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood View Post
    Same here, BlueBlou. Was curious and excited about which country they'd feature next Am also arranging the country-related structures in one area in my cove
    I also was quite disappointed to see that there was no "Around the World" themed ship for this week's coin quest. While it was nice for the short time that it lasted, I feel it was a bit of a tease, because it would appear that the Skeleton Crew's creative design side has already been tapped out after so short a period. If you go to the thread where the spoilers are displayed for this week's coin quest "Daughter's Dilemma" & read what Maria is saying at the top of the quest, you will see what I mean.

Proof seems to be in the design of this week's current prize ship, which while it is cute, l I would agree it is a tad inappropriate to feature child-related themes on ships we are using for battle. But we do have to admit that many of the ships we have are very attractive, what with all the cutesy animal-related ones, like the Duckicorn Dinghy etc (many requested by players here on the guild - point in fact, the Blue Tiger Ship!)

Anyway, it did seem to state in the last coin quest that the globe trotting was over, after only a month - at least for Maria! Soooooo, now should we suggest a different globe-trotting (at least 1 month-long)adventure for each of the cove's assorted characters? Or perhaps we are meant to consider this past one a kind of "Last Hurrah" on the part of PG?

EnquiringMind,

What coin ship do you have for tomorrow? I have "Around the World, South Africa".
    Name:  IMG_5791[1].jpg
Views: 93
Size:  19.8 KB

Tomorrow morning, Cid should show up in your cove.

I just love Cid. She is lovely, and the story behind her appearance is touching.

Name:  IMG_5792[1].jpg
Views: 92
Size:  21.8 KB

This picture is from the Peru ship, which is the fifth country that was represented. With South Africa we will have six ships in the series. I do not think they are discontinuing them. We may not get them every week, but I am sure the Skeleton Staff is
    doing their best to give them to us.

I did last week's coin ship, because I do all of the coin ships, but I did not upgrade it. No kids on my ships in battle. I would rather have an Around the World ship every week, but I know I will never get everything I want. I have decided to just get them when offered, and remember chorus from the old song, "Anticipation", by Carly Simon.

"Anticipation, anticipation
    Is makin' me late,
    Is keepin' me waitin'."

I'm sure Maria will be in the story line, as there are plenty of babysitters to watch Emma. I know what the spoiler thread said, but I think Maria will send Emma to school, to her grandparents, or something so that she (Maria) can be in the quest. And if by chance someone else travels the world from now on, that is okay also. After all, there are quite a few characters in the cove who would be glad to have a chance to be featured in a quest.

If you do not have "Around the World - South Africa" for tomorrow, you might want to contact support.

And if it takes longer to get all the ships in the series, that gives me time to keep posting ideas for more ships!

PS: I may have messed up. Peru may not have been the last ship. Peru may have come before Mexico. In which case, I apologize and South Africa will be the seventh. I'm old, and getting forgetful.
    Last edited by 38supercomp; 03-27-17 at 11:48 AM.
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Oh, look, I changed my avatar! Haha!

There is a reason. Fledgling baby bluebird. Fits me right now. LOL!

I need to go beat that nasty pirate, R Cancri. I HATE fleet quests. No matter how strong the ship, or how pretty, or the extras that are offered, I HATE doing it. While messing around and wasting time and procrastinating, I got to thinking about butterflies.
    I just used my Butterfly Ship in battle, and that got me to thinking about the Chaos Theory.

Name:  IMG_5793[1].jpg
Views: 80
Size:  19.3 KB

If a butterfly flaps its wings at just the right time, it can cause a hurricane half-way around the globe. Wow, butterflies are awesome, but let's not blame them for hurricanes. Anyway, as I was reading about the Chaos theory, I found the following as well.

Name:  IMG_5794[1].jpg
Views: 83
Size:  18.3 KB

The Fractal Foundation. Unpredictability. Order/Disorder. Mixing. Of course, I had to read more. And tap on the info about Fractals. And go on my computer and search for Fractals.

Name:  IMG_5800[1].jpg
Views: 98
Size:  19.1 KB

Name:  IMG_5801[1].jpg
Views: 81
Size:  16.7 KB

Name:  IMG_5802[1].jpg
Views: 79
Size:  19.8 KB

Name:  IMG_5803[1].jpg
Views: 82
Size:  12.0 KB

I would love to sail into battle with an awesome ship equipped with awesome fractals on the sails.

Back to fighting my pirate.
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Keep a look out for more info about South Africa tomorrow when the coin ship becomes available. I will start a separate thread about it.

Yes, I am very curious about what the Skeleteam decided to use for this quest. Who knows, I might even learn something more about my own country in the process of telling you all more.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast