Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Player ideas for ships and story lines

Come to think of it, we don't have a pink panther ship yet. Would be cool if we have a pink panther as a captain on a pink ship. A pink panther stuffed toy for all the sick children might be an idea too.

------------

My little playing around with the pink fuzzy ship we got for a sick friend.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  16.2 KB
    Last edited by BlueBlou; 02-07-17 at 10:03 AM.

Diamond, another ship coming with the cute tiger on it.

Views: 216
Size:  13.5 KB

Thanks PG!

Edit: I just realized the merchant in the crafting shop is linked to this. Unfortunately, this one will be a ruby ship.

Views: 196
Size:  14.9 KB
    Last edited by BlueBlou; 12-04-16 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 38supercomp View Post
    The Stars and Moon ship is perfect. And I also finished the weekly quests and received the Fuzzy Scrap ship. Purple is my favorite color. If I miss a purple or lavender ship, I am sad.

A friend of mine, who is sick right now, would love to have a ship similar to Fuzzy Scrap, but in PINK!

I put on my thinking cap and came up with the following:

The flu has hit the cove. People are sick, also known as 'under the weather'. Originally 'under the weather', a nautical term, was 'under the weather bow'. Sailors did not want to be stationed under the weather bow because the worst weather hit them at that point. There was no way to be out of the weather if you were in that spot. When passengers on sailing ships became sea-sick, usually in bad weather, they were sent below deck to get out of the weather, and also to get lower in the ship. The lowest spot in the hull, near the keel, was the most stable in bad weather.

If I'm sick in the winter, I want two things: chicken soup and a warm comfy quilt.

Our quest would need a Soup Shop, and a clothesline full of quilts.

Someone in the village needs to be healthy and flu-free. Someone like Maria. Because girls rule. She can carry the soup and quilts to the sick people. And maybe pink roses to the women in the village. I don't know if we already have a rose garden. We could always have another one if we do.

I think Jack should get sick. Since men make the worst patients when sick, Jack could be really cranky and crabby and ill-tempered. I'm thinking some sort of building with lightning and black clouds swirling over it.

And did you know that "In the pink" means to be in good health. Physically and emotionally. In the 1500's pink was considered the embodiment of perfection. The phrase "In the Pink" came into general use in the early 1900's. So, pink roses and pink quilts and, when everyone is better, a pink ship. Maybe several shades of pink. Pink hull, pink sails, the captain dressed in pink.

I'm sure there are other pink ships already in the game. But this is a special request in honor of a special player.
    This is awesome, super !!!! Hope PG does it again. :-)

I am bumping this thread. Why? Because I can.

I look at the ships we have, some of which have very imaginative names. But...........

We do not have any ships that start with the letter 'X'. At least, I don't. Maybe there are some out there.

(Remember, the 'x' is pronounced 'z' in my examples.)

I know what everyone is saying. "Oh, what, a xylophone ship?" Maybe. Or what about the following words:

Xanthite. This is a manganese-rich variety of the mineral Vesuvianite.

Xebec. A small to medium 3-masted vessel used in the Southern Mediterranean ocean, with a projecting bow and stern and convex decks. It has square or lateen sails. What is a lateen sail, you ask. Ah, do I have to tell you everything?

Xeranthemum. A plant of the genus Xeranthemum. They are native to Southern Europe, and have silvery flower heads and purplish tubular flowers.

Xenocrates. Never heard of him? He was from Chalcedon. He was a Greek philosopher, a student of Plato.

Xanthic. Yellow tinted. Think Xanthic acid.

Xanthophyll. Yellow pigmented cells in animal fats - i.e. - egg yolks. Did you know that is why egg yolks are yellow?

I'm on a roll now.

Xylocarp. I love that word. Say it slowly. X y l o c a r p. Xylocarp. May I have that word used in a sentence, please? Of course you may. "A Xylocarp is a fruit with a hard, woody pericarp, or outer shell" Think coconuts.

Xerophyte. Plants adapted for life in areas with limited water. These can be hot, extremely cold, salty or acidic environments. Think cactus, Joshua trees.

This leads to Xeriscaping. A type of landscaping marked by water-conserving, drought-tolerant plants. Not necessarily limited to cactus planted along a gravel path.

And finally, another awesome word from Greece. In ancient Greece, Xenium would have been a gift or offering to a stranger. It would have been a sumptuous refreshing spread of fresh fruit, even a lavish feast of fruit. It would have been offered to an ambassador or emissary from another country. Sounds good to me. I love fruit. I can only think of one or two I do not care for.

The majority of words that begin with the letter 'X' are from the Greek language. They are not afraid to use the letter 'X'.

PG - don't be afraid to use the letter 'X' in the name of the ship. I have given you some words, and their definitions, and I am sure there is a story in here. Like the following:

Xenocrates was travelling on his xebec, carrying a cargo of Xeranthemum and Xanthite when the ship was blown into the cove during a great storm. After the quest is finished, the residents of the cove held a great feast, featuring fresh fruit. Ximple, right?

Oh, sorry, I got carried away for a moment. Simple, right?

Let's hear it for 'X' in the new year. Huzzah for 'X'.
    Last edited by 38supercomp; 12-21-16 at 02:32 PM.
    "I survived because I was tougher than anybody else."

Bette Davis

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Yes, Vaders_Fist_2 because we lowered the recruitment level.

X-Ray ship anybody?

Name:  IMG_1289.JPG
Views: 180
Size:  8.5 KB
    Tight is tight and too tight is broken.

Officer of Warrior Family

Yes please!
    Leader of Thedarkraiders

"I know that this is not goodbye"- U2

Awesome picture, mugs! I love it!!

Bette Davis

Member Vaders_Fist_2

I was looking for this thread. Somehow missed the title and was looking elsewhere (age is catching up).

We never had Long running stories in the cove. I thought of the title "Around the world in 80 days" for coin quests. Every week a country is chosen and the famous ship of that country is offered as prize ship at the end of quest. Story may be along the line Jack and Maria go around world on a special invitation and on their way they encounter issues, solve them and win a ship back to their cove. The grand prize for collecting all ships can be "hot air balloon" in which they travel!

ps: The decorations, house, merchants can be replaced by landmarks, specialties and memorials. These can be the suggestions from the players of that country so that everyone feels a part of this event
    Last edited by Pinkpanther; 12-22-16 at 04:28 AM. Reason: ps:

Pink, this is a great idea. I like it very much. PG could really run with it. Or sail with it might be a better term.

Bette Davis

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Sounds great, Pink. I suggest the Flying Dutchman for my country.

Hey Pink 👍🏻 Big thumbs up

Great suggestion Pink, thumbs up from me
    Paradise Cove - Level 70 (Mrs Ripple, member of Darkwings)
    Paradise Cove - Level 56 (Raiding Queen, officer of Thedarkraiders)

Support IDs: 9NQY72WE47 and 6R0HQ92TQC

Thanks SC, Blue, Defcon &MrsR!

As the game is going nowhere other than the usual rituals, I felt this would encourage participation in forum by different country people and they can cherish the memory of their contribution when the game reaches grand finale!

I also feel that this thread should be kept live and bumped with new stories all the time!!

I know I probably don't have as many ships as many of you but I have been really surprised that there are no emergency vehicles! A fire engine ship, a police car ship, an ambulance or even a taxi cab! With all the battling going on, we need some emergency vehicles!
    Last edited by Pam2051; 12-22-16 at 12:50 PM.

That's a really cool idea, Pinkpanther! I'll bring it to the team to see if we can incorporate it into the game. What are some ideas for countries you'd want to see?

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam2051 View Post
    I know I probably don't have as many ships as many of you but I have been really surprised that there are no emergency vehicles! A fire engine ship, a police car ship, an ambulance or even a taxi cab! With all the battling going on, we need some emergency vehicles!
    They don't even have a chocolate emergency vehicle!!!!

Pink love your idea

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Pink I think it is great too. Can I add to the story?
    About a year ago I submitted a ticket for request of a special event. A player in my guild had lost her son. Very sad. Paradise Cove was his game and Cid could not bring to heart to delete it. Instead, she took the game over and participates in cheering us along. She is not an aggressive player, but has always asked not to be removed because it is near and dear to her heart. My idea would be that maybe the vehicle could have something to do with Cid traveling the world, touching everyone?

After the holidays, I was actually going to write this up. Seems like Pinks idea will fall right in line with this, so may I jump on the wagon? Or balloon?
    Tight is tight and too tight is broken.

Officer of Warrior Family

Quote Originally Posted by PGWilsooon View Post
    That's a really cool idea, Pinkpanther! I'll bring it to the team to see if we can incorporate it into the game. What are some ideas for countries you'd want to see?
    Thanks Wilson! I shall come with the basic outline, but I want other players' opinion incorporated pertaining to their country specifics (or even add countries).

Thanks Angel & Mug

Mug, She can be the charioteer for the vessel for J & M and also the goodwill ambassador / saviour of children around the world!

ps: it is a touching story!
    Last edited by Pinkpanther; 12-22-16 at 06:07 PM. Reason: ps

Hope your Idea comes to life, Panther!
    Leader of Thedarkraiders

"I know that this is not goodbye"- U2

The last few posts show exactly the spirit I was looking for! I was so lucky to have my idea come to life. I give my whole-hearted support to Mugs, Pink and Pam for their ideas. Bravo, TPC members.

Bette Davis

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Based on my observation on the players' location, how about the following countries?

Canada – US – Australia – Japan – China – Thailand – Malaysia – Singapore - Indonesia – India – South Africa – Greece – Italy – Germany – Switzerland – Scandinavia – Back to Cove!

You may add more countries and story lines.....................and let us see how it evolves!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkpanther View Post
    Based on my observation on the players' location, how about the following countries?

Canada US Australia Japan China Thailand Malaysia Singapore - Indonesia India South Africa Greece Italy Germany Switzerland Scandinavia Back to Cove!

You may add more countries and story lines.....................and let us see how it evolves!!
    Lots of players from U.K. How about a Big Ben ship?
    Last edited by andyb386; 01-06-17 at 02:09 AM.
    Player Name mrb386
    Proud member of the Cannonbll clan

My fault. It is cut and paste error in which I missed UK ��

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkpanther View Post
    My fault. It is cut and paste error in which I missed UK ��
    That's ok. We are quite a small island of very little significance! Lol
    Player Name mrb386
    Proud member of the Cannonbll clan

And also players from the netherlands.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast