Thread: Game Center Changes and CL

Game Center Changes and CL

Taken from the Paradise Cove forum, as posted in a thread by PG Arlene...

Quote Originally Posted by geekverde View Post
    Hello TPC Players!

It has come to my attention that there is some fear and trepidation surrounding the changes that have been made to Game Center. I wanted to put some of those fears to rest and clarify some of the misinformation that seems to be floating around about it. Below are some questions and their answers:

1. Oh no! I have to reinstall my game! Will I lose everything and be set back to level 1 since there is no more Game Center app?

In a word, no. You will not lose your game. Your game is still saved with Game Center as long as you are logged in to it in iOS 10. Nothing has changed in that area from previous iOS versions.

2. Help there is no Game Center app! How am I supposed to login with it now?

Never fear, you can still log in to Game Center. Instead of doing it through the old Game Center app, you now need to do it through Settings on your device. If you ever have the need to sign in, or to sign out and back in again to reset your connection to Game Center do the following:

1. Tap on 'Settings' on your device. This will be a grey wheel icon.
    2. Scroll down and tap on 'Game Center'
    3. Tap on your 'Apple ID' and Sign In. (Continue if you need to sign out and back in to reset)
    4. Tap on 'Sign Out'
    5. Hold down your power button and then slide the power off switch on the screen to turn off your device.
    6. Wait 10 seconds and then turn your device back on.
    7. Tap on 'Settings' and then scroll down and tap on 'Game Center' once again.
    8. Tap on Apple ID and sign back in to the exact same Apple ID that you were using previously before signing out.
    9. Relaunch your game.

3. I can't find where to add friends to Game Center now. Where did they hide that feature?

Sadly, you may no longer add new friends via Game Center. You can keep the ones you have, but there is no equivalent feature in the new version of it to let you add new ones. They did away with that feature. Let us all have a moment of silence for a feature whose time has come to an end too soon.

Those are the changes that affect Tap Paradise Cove in a nutshell. I am sure there are other questions floating around out there so feel free to ask on this thread and I will be happy to answer you.
    "The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." -- Coco Chanel

Longtime Tapper
    Thanks so much for posting this! I just want to make sure I'm clear on the last point. There is no longer any way to add friends to Game Center and therefore no way to add friends to our Campus Life game???��
    Let's be friends!
    Feel free to add me:
    GC Sparkletastic1
    FS Sparkletastc (no i)

I hope CL players can get some use of this information.

But no, it seems that adding friends is no longer possible according to PG.
    "The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." -- Coco Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by RM7 View Post
    Thanks so much for posting this! I just want to make sure I'm clear on the last point. There is no longer any way to add friends to Game Center and therefore no way to add friends to our Campus Life game???😱
    PG woulld have to build a way to add friends in app to add anyone.
    Style is forever...

Kindness like flowers always leaves its scent on the giver.

Wouldn't Facebook work?
    FS: ⓍⒶⓃ