Thread: Game Center Changes And Tap Paradise Cove

Exclamation Game Center Changes And Tap Paradise Cove

Hello TPC Players!

It has come to my attention that there is some fear and trepidation surrounding the changes that have been made to Game Center. I wanted to put some of those fears to rest and clarify some of the misinformation that seems to be floating around about it. Below are some questions and their answers:

1. Oh no! I have to reinstall my game! Will I lose everything and be set back to level 1 since there is no more Game Center app?

In a word, no. You will not lose your game. Your game is still saved with Game Center as long as you are logged in to it in iOS 10. Nothing has changed in that area from previous iOS versions.

2. Help there is no Game Center app! How am I supposed to login with it now?

Never fear, you can still log in to Game Center. Instead of doing it through the old Game Center app, you now need to do it through Settings on your device. If you ever have the need to sign in, or to sign out and back in again to reset your connection to Game Center do the following:

1. Tap on 'Settings' on your device. This will be a grey wheel icon.
    2. Scroll down and tap on 'Game Center'
    3. Tap on your 'Apple ID' and Sign In. (Continue if you need to sign out and back in to reset)
    4. Tap on 'Sign Out'
    5. Hold down your power button and then slide the power off switch on the screen to turn off your device.
    6. Wait 10 seconds and then turn your device back on.
    7. Tap on 'Settings' and then scroll down and tap on 'Game Center' once again.
    8. Tap on Apple ID and sign back in to the exact same Apple ID that you were using previously before signing out.
    9. Relaunch your game.

3. I can't find where to add friends to Game Center now. Where did they hide that feature?

Sadly, you may no longer add new friends via Game Center. You can keep the ones you have, but there is no equivalent feature in the new version of it to let you add new ones. They did away with that feature. Let us all have a moment of silence for a feature whose time has come to an end too soon.

Those are the changes that affect Tap Paradise Cove in a nutshell. I am sure there are other questions floating around out there so feel free to ask on this thread and I will be happy to answer you.
    Last edited by geekverde; 10-12-16 at 06:03 PM.
    Arlene (yes, the one from support )

Nice summation, Arlene. I think this will be very helpful for many players.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

Does this Game Center change happen if you haven't updated to ios10?

Since I updated my iPhone to 10 I've not been able to post pics that I have edited ( cropping). I can still post unedited pics though. Is this happening to anyone else?
    Last edited by Defcon5; 10-13-16 at 02:11 AM.

Yes Defcon, the moment of silence even applies if you have not upgraded. I did not upgrade and I cannot add new friends.

It has been reported on some of the other forums about not being able to post edited pictures. This will make it impossible to do what I like to do on the forum, namely posting the pics of the weekly ships, if I upgrade to the latest IOS. I sincerely hope somebody will know a way around it.

I updated my iPhone but my iPad2 will not find the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Defcon5 View Post

Since I updated my iPhone to 10 I've not been able to post pics that I have edited ( cropping). I can still post unedited pics though. Is this happening to anyone else?
    This happened to me too, but I found a way to work around it:
    I take a screenshot of my edited picture and then post the screenshot. That works
    leader of Awesomenesss

Thanks what a great idea

I just moments ago started up my iPad2 which can't even find the iOS 10 update and I still have the Game Center icon. I was curious so I sent friend request to 4 or 5 of you. I would like to know if you received the request.

Defcon, I may be wrong but I think that if you can't see the upgrade then Apple have decided that it's not suitable for your device
    'I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer' - Dune litany. F.Herbert
    Home is where the heart is. My heart belongs to Roughseas

It may be so old that it is no longer supported

Sorry Defcon, your device is too old. Even the iPad 3 isn't supported any longer. But I'm impressed with your patience. :-) The game was slower than a snail on my iPad3 so I moved the game to my phone. I need glasses to play now but I have much more time to play ;-)
    Leader CannonbllSkip

Hi guys! Day off yesterday for me, but I did read your responses and did a little digging on some of the questions.

First, the add friends feature is defunct across all versions of iOS now. Even if you still have the app icon, requesting friends will not work because there is no way for people to accept the request.

If you cannot find the iOS 10 update it is, as PiedPiper said above, because your device is no longer supported for further iOS updates. The list of compatible/supported devices is as follows:

iPhone

• iPhone 6s
    • iPhone 6s Plus
    • iPhone 6
    • iPhone 6 Plus
    • iPhone SE
    • iPhone 5s
    • iPhone 5c
    • iPhone 5

iPad

• iPad Pro 12.9 inch
    • iPad Pro 9.7 inch
    • iPad Air 2
    • iPad Air
    • iPad 4th generation
    • iPad mini 4
    • iPad mini 3
    • iPad mini 2

iPod

• iPod touch 6th generation

If your device is not on the above lists, then you will be unable to upgrade to iOS 10. Not even the 3rd gen iPad with retina display is eligible, much to my husband's annoyance. He is a bit jealous of the new features I have that he can't get.

Finally, on the weird can't upload pictures that have been cropped/edited:

Okay this is not strictly speaking a Tap Paradise Cove issue, this is an Apple/vBulletin issue, but I researched it anyway because that is my nature. I need to know things and I didn't know what was causing that.

Apparently what is happening is that when you edit a photo iOS in its infinite wisdom decides to rename/change the extension to .png. However, the photo itself is still a JPEG. This is where the problem arises, because the forum software (vBulletin) has checks in place that looks at the image, looks at the image extension and then says "Newp! You have the wrong extension! I will not post this for you!"

Apple broke this in 9, too, and then eventually fixed it. So this annoyance will likely be fixed sooner or later, too. In the meantime, you can either do as was suggested above and take a screenshot of your edited image and upload that OR you can send your edited image to your computer and then simply change the file extension to .jpg and that should calm vBulletin down and allow you to post your image to the forum.
    Arlene (yes, the one from support )

I've used a frame app to put my edited pics into saved that then it posts fine to here
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die the in between is mine- Eddie Vedder

Officer in D_Art_Friends

Longtime Tapper

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by geekverde View Post
    Hi guys! Day off yesterday for me, but I did read your responses and did a little digging on some of the questions.

First, the add friends feature is defunct across all versions of iOS now. Even if you still have the app icon, requesting friends will not work because there is no way for people to accept the request.

If you cannot find the iOS 10 update it is, as PiedPiper said above, because your device is no longer supported for further iOS updates. The list of compatible/supported devices is as follows:

iPhone

• iPhone 6s
    • iPhone 6s Plus
    • iPhone 6
    • iPhone 6 Plus
    • iPhone SE
    • iPhone 5s
    • iPhone 5c
    • iPhone 5

iPad

• iPad Pro 12.9 inch
    • iPad Pro 9.7 inch
    • iPad Air 2
    • iPad Air
    • iPad 4th generation
    • iPad mini 4
    • iPad mini 3
    • iPad mini 2

iPod

• iPod touch 6th generation

If your device is not on the above lists, then you will be unable to upgrade to iOS 10. Not even the 3rd gen iPad with retina display is eligible, much to my husband's annoyance. He is a bit jealous of the new features I have that he can't get.

Finally, on the weird can't upload pictures that have been cropped/edited:

Okay this is not strictly speaking a Tap Paradise Cove issue, this is an Apple/vBulletin issue, but I researched it anyway because that is my nature. I need to know things and I didn't know what was causing that.

Apparently what is happening is that when you edit a photo iOS in its infinite wisdom decides to rename/change the extension to .png. However, the photo itself is still a JPEG. This is where the problem arises, because the forum software (vBulletin) has checks in place that looks at the image, looks at the image extension and then says "Newp! You have the wrong extension! I will not post this for you!"

Apple broke this in 9, too, and then eventually fixed it. So this annoyance will likely be fixed sooner or later, too. In the meantime, you can either do as was suggested above and take a screenshot of your edited image and upload that OR you can send your edited image to your computer and then simply change the file extension to .jpg and that should calm vBulletin down and allow you to post your image to the forum.
    Thanks so much.
    Damedesetoiles/Ladyofthestars
    Officer of TPCPirates

Hey Arlene, this is MArilyn from Screaminmeme. What a surprise to find you again.
    Thank you for the summation below, very helpful. I have a friend request on my board, can I remove it.?

Sounds like we have to upgrade our device every two years or so to keep tapping......
    How many reds will that take??
    Nothing ventured....

Sounds like we have to upgrade our device every two years or so to keep tapping......
    How many reds will that take??
    Nothing ventured....