Thread: No more Game Center in iOS10

No more Game Center in iOS10

I have recently upgraded to iOS 10, as probably many of us did.
    With Game Center gone, how are we going to add friends?

Thanks,
    G.

I guess that just leaves Facebook.

I was counting on Game Center to load my saved game...guess it's lost now. I won't start over.
    GC: kingbub2u

Quote Originally Posted by TikiPatty View Post
    I was counting on Game Center to load my saved game...guess it's lost now. I won't start over.
    oh that's awful! I really hope PG would be able to save you as that sounds like the worst possible thing!

I haven't updated to iOS 10 on the device I'm using for the game (although I have for my phone), but I really don't see myself doing it, especially now with the Game Center issues...

GC: harry__pug
    FS: *~April~*
    Feel free to add me!

So what happens if any of us changes their phone? Starting over is definitely not a feasible option. CL needs to come up with a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by apripugg View Post
    oh that's awful! I really hope PG would be able to save you as that sounds like the worst possible thing!

I haven't updated to iOS 10 on the device I'm using for the game (although I have for my phone), but I really don't see myself doing it, especially now with the Game Center issues...
    Thank you Apripugg. If I had known, I wouldn't have updated either. I really wanted to play this month

So...how do we do a game save now?
    GC - NekoHina ˚(͇̩̫͇̂̂)ฅ˚ FS - NekoHina
    I love to vote for friends, so please me a request on Game Center and mention your CL forum name. Thanks!
    "You are NEVER too old to play with dolls". -- 💕 ˚₊Hina ‧₊˚. 🐾

I am not on Facebook..so that effectively rules out my any chance of updating my ios..
    Game Center Id : Anwesha
    Campus life Id : anurulz

TikiPatty: Did you file a ticket to see if your game could be retrieved?

Adding Friends: Adding friends to games now requires iMessage. It does not involve FB.

Note that I have also read that the messages (texts) inviting players only send them directly to a game or to the App Store to download if the game is not already. It does not specifically add that person to a "friend list" supposedly and therefore, again, according to some things I have read, it is no longer technically possible to add specific friends to a list, i.e. a FS friend list.

I do not have iOS 10 nor do I play any games using GC so I do not have personal experience with any of this; I have only read articles concerning such, so please confirm or deny for yourselves.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/16/...ed-by-messages
    "What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist." -- Salman Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Vogue.One View Post
    TikiPatty: Did you file a ticket to see if your game could be retrieved?

Adding Friends: Adding friends to games now requires iMessage. It does not involve FB.

Note that I have also read that the messages (texts) inviting players only send them directly to a game or to the App Store to download if the game is not already. It does not specifically add that person to a "friend list" supposedly and therefore, again, according to some things I have read, it is no longer technically possible to add specific friends to a list, i.e. a FS friend list.

I do not have iOS 10 nor do I play any games using GC so I do not have personal experience with any of this; I have only read articles concerning such, so please confirm or deny for yourselves.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/16/...ed-by-messages
    Vogue, I don't know my support # so I'm not sure how to submit a ticket.

Vogue, I don't know my support # so I'm not sure how to submit a ticket.
    Go into your "Settings." Then, scroll all the way down where there should be a list of installed apps on your device (mine is just a list of games: Angry Birds, Minecraft and more of my kids' games). CL should be in this list. Tap on it. Once tapped, some information about your game will show up, one line providing your support ID.

Then, just open your ticket here:

https://pocketgems.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    "What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist." -- Salman Rushdie

Go into your "Settings." Then, scroll all the way down where there should be a list of installed apps on your device (mine is just a list of games: Angry Birds, Minecraft and more of my kids' games). CL should be in this list. Tap on it. Once tapped, some information about your game will show up, one line providing your support ID.

Then, just open your ticket here:

https://pocketgems.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    The problem is I deleted my old game. When I download the CL app it is a brand new game with a new support ID. I don't think that will help them find my old game. Guess it's worth a try.

The problem is I deleted my old game. When I download the CL app it is a brand new game with a new support ID. I don't think that will help them find my old game. Guess it's worth a try.
    Ohhh, I see... Have you started into the new game yet, though? It should have brought up a message that they found a previous sorority and asked if you wanted to use that one... If you haven't started in yet and just noticed that everything started over, then the message will not pop up until you begin to create your new leader.

A couple months ago when I had to delete and reinstall my game, you're right: the game does start over. But I was given instructions from PG support how to get my regular game back. If you have already created your leader, though, and did not get that message, I'm not sure what to do and I'd still the ticket. But if you've paused and have not started in to the game yet, you may be able to get it back.

I'd still file the ticket to get the instructions from PG. Just don't start with anything in the game until you hear from them.

I hope you can get it back. Please keep us updated.

I'm in! Basically, even though Game Center no longer has an icon, it is still on your device! All I had to do was sign back in under "Settings"! Here is the response I received from Lauren:

"Hi Patty,

Thanks for writing in. This issue can sometimes occur after an iOS update. Updating your iOS can sometimes disconnect your Game Center account from your games. Please try signing out of Game Center, reboot your device, and then sign back in to Game Center to fix any potential connection issues between your game and Game Center. The following instructions will help walk you through this process:

Tap on 'Settings' on your device. This will be a grey wheel icon.
    Scroll down and tap on 'Game Center'
    Tap on your 'Apple ID'. (Please take note of your Apple ID, so that you can sign into the same one later).
    Tap on 'Sign Out'
    Hold down your power button and then slide the power off switch on the screen to turn off your device.
    Wait 10 seconds and then turn your device back on.
    Tap on 'Settings' and then scroll down and tap on 'Game Center' once again.
    Tap on Apple ID and sign back in to the exact same Apple ID that you were using previously before signing out.
    Relaunch your game.
    After following these steps, please let me know if this does or does not correct the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for your help,

Lauren"

Woohoo! Awesome customer service, PG, and especially Lauren! I hope this helps anyone else who may have this problem!

Thank you, Vogue, for your advice and encouragement!

It's funny, I can find lots of articles that tell how to add friends to game centre (in iOS 10) but not a single one on how to delete friends. I have another one of those 'friends' that keeps sending notifications multiple times throughout the day for the last few days for a game I don't have nor want and there is no way to stop it. Anyone know how to delete friends?

TikiPatty, I am so happy to read you got your game back!! Thanks for the quick assistance, PG!

About deleting friends: This, and also the actual act of adding a friend, are not physically done through Game Center anymore but now are individually handled by each game. Thus, from what I have read, it is up to individual games and their developers to implement the iMessage invite feature and also the ability to delete someone. I have not found anything, either, concerning deleting anyone, but I'd imagine it will become a massive problem since communication now will be coming through as texts. You'd probably have to check with the actual game to see what is going on with adding/deleting.

About deleting friends: .... You'd probably have to check with the actual game to see what is going on with adding/deleting.
    Therein lies the problem; I do not want to download a game in order to delete the person who keeps sending me requests to download that game.

Quote Originally Posted by brandysnap View Post
    Therein lies the problem; I do not want to download a game in order to delete the person who keeps sending me requests to download that game.
    Eeek! That sounds horrid! Is there still the setting where people nearby you could not send you stuff? I think that was a setting somewhere.
    CL id: Kadiatu

Quote Originally Posted by NekoHina View Post
    So...how do we do a game save now?
    sorry, not sure if this has been addressed yet, but I'm pretty sure Game Center is still in existence (you can still save games, etc.), there just isn't a seperate app to deal with it. In this case, I don't think you'll find anything changing as you never had to access the app itself to load a saved game, and rather it was automatic.

GC: harry__pug
    FS: *~April~*
    Feel free to add me!

Quote Originally Posted by thegeebee View Post
    So what happens if any of us changes their phone? Starting over is definitely not a feasible option. CL needs to come up with a solution.
    Yes I think they should but I also think they are starting to care less about the game and players. No more model contest, no way to change device and now 10 days of Glamour Glitz in the helicopter game