Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Darkangel's Facts/Support links..personal tips for paradise cove.....

Owl Wizard
    I decided it was time to make note of repair costs, and while I had used Magellan a couple of times in battles as it's a fairly strong ship, I didn't know the actual cost. I noticed that the info was missing from the list in this thread, too.

Anyway -- cost for repairs of Magellan at max tier is 16,982,164 coins (and takes 12 hours, as is already noted in the list).
    Still much better than getting damage to EQ or Jim, but much pricier than the ships of similar strength. (Would probably be better using multiple lightweight ships instead)

Zookeeper
    I never used Magellan to fight because it was my best source of sapphires, and I had Richard and Dreadnought as a good one-two punch, sometimes not even requiring EQ or Jim for the kill shot. But now that I've upgraded all my sapphire merchants I decided to try him out in battle and was shocked at the expense especially when compared to my beloved Dreadnought.

i've found that the lesser ships in my fleet don't do diddley-squat against the tougher pirates, they barely even register! And then I'm left with no ships for voyaging for those precious resources. Think I'll stick to Dreadnought and Richard, and use Parker and Gail (I get absolutely nothing from Parker on voyages, even on max tier) as well.

But do let me know if you find another strategy that works on the toughest pirates

Quote Originally Posted by LIMom View Post
    I decided it was time to make note of repair costs, and while I had used Magellan a couple of times in battles as it's a fairly strong ship, I didn't know the actual cost. I noticed that the info was missing from the list in this thread, too.

Anyway -- cost for repairs of Magellan at max tier is 16,982,164 coins (and takes 12 hours, as is already noted in the list).
    Still much better than getting damage to EQ or Jim, but much pricier than the ships of similar strength. (Would probably be better using multiple lightweight ships instead)
    Yes, I only send Magellan out for voyages even though I don't have Dreadnought. I use the multiple ship method with Jim as finisher.

Owl Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    I never used Magellan to fight because it was my best source of sapphires, and I had Richard and Dreadnought as a good one-two punch, sometimes not even requiring EQ or Jim for the kill shot. But now that I've upgraded all my sapphire merchants I decided to try him out in battle and was shocked at the expense especially when compared to my beloved Dreadnought.
    That's why I gave it a try. The strength of the two ships is about the same, and all of my sapphire merchants are fully upgraded. (I'll be in the same spot with emerald merchants in the morning, as I only need 86 emeralds to max those out, too. All of my vessels are maxed, too. Well... all except for the steak eating Sea Beast)

I'm sending Magellan out again, but that's hoping for more ropes. Other than that, it's the powerful pirates and EQ/Jim voyages, to bring back Black Pearls.

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    Think I'll stick to Dreadnought and Richard, and use Parker and Gail (I get absolutely nothing from Parker on voyages, even on max tier) as well.
    I use almost exactly the same strategy, but Gail can often bring back some pretty handy resources for me on 5hr & 9hr voyages, so I have her as a permanent voyaging/foraging ship.

Angelic Member

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie View Post
    I use almost exactly the same strategy, but Gail can often bring back some pretty handy resources for me on 5hr & 9hr voyages, so I have her as a permanent voyaging/foraging ship.
    Parker's first voyage for me will be his last. Even on a high tier, after 9 hours of voyaging he found 2 white pearls. Obviously, Parker is to be used as a supporting battleship!

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Parker's first voyage for me will be his last. Even on a high tier, after 9 hours of voyaging he found 2 white pearls. Obviously, Parker is to be used as a supporting battleship!
    Of course Kato, that's so obvious now that you say it. Silly me!

Intrepid Explorer
    I haven't been a big fan of Parker's Pinnace and have sent him on very few voyages - got 1 pearl, 3 pearls and the like. This evening however it brought back a ROPE. The only reason he was out voyaging at all is cos I'm desperate for ropes and I'm sending anything that has a hint of rope about it.

Zookeeper
    Good for you, Jolo! I may just have to get Parker out of dry dock

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LIMom View Post

Thanks for reminding me I needed to add the cost, I totally forgot. I never use Magellan for battles, tried it to see how it fared up but it is just for voyages. As you stated it is expensive to repair and long repair time but it is a valuable ship to sacrifice, and other can do a decent job if you use the right equipment.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Angelic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolo View Post
    I haven't been a big fan of Parker's Pinnace and have sent him on very few voyages - got 1 pearl, 3 pearls and the like. This evening however it brought back a ROPE. The only reason he was out voyaging at all is cos I'm desperate for ropes and I'm sending anything that has a hint of rope about it.
    I just will not risk the $ of sending Parker again?

Angelic Member
    I mean !!!!!

Question Still feel New

I have played for some time but feel like there's so much more to learn. I have an issue re: LTQs, just got No Place Like Home but on step 1 the Pirate of the West never showed and after seeing the spoiler other item are not showing up. Why have the quest if items needed to complete are not there. Is it just me or is everyone else at the same point in time in the game. I love all the info provided, and see there is a lot of quests to do. Am I missing something?

Owl Wizard
    I just will not risk the $ of sending Parker again?
    A lot depends on the level you're at, and the cash flow that comes along with it.
    At the point I'm at, the cost of sending out Parker is fairly minimal. (One click on a dolphin and I can send him out a few times). I'm with Jolo here, in that the odds of him bringing back a rope are definitely worth keeping him voyaging. He's pretty weak against any of the ships I battle at this point -- so I can have him sit around and do nothing, spend more than a million to have him do barely do anything in a battle, or spend less than the battle repairs to keep him going on 5 & 9 hour voyages and perhaps bring back the ropes I need for relics and the purchase of crafted merchants.

Angelic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janetlforte View Post
    I have played for some time but feel like there's so much more to learn. I have an issue re: LTQs, just got No Place Like Home but on step 1 the Pirate of the West never showed and after seeing the spoiler other item are not showing up. Why have the quest if items needed to complete are not there. Is it just me or is everyone else at the same point in time in the game. I love all the info provided, and see there is a lot of quests to do. Am I missing something?
    For pirate of the west to come, keep the area of you first island and the bottom of the island above with the statue clear of ships. Log in and out of the game. If you have to, log out 4 hours or more and come back! My pirate was always there. That pirate has loads of treasure too!

Thanks, Kato, that was a LTQ and now it's gone and besides other items were missing so I guess it wasn't meant to be but I am going to try to get the pirate with your suggestions

Angelic Member

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by janetlforte View Post
    Thanks, Kato, that was a LTQ and now it's gone and besides other items were missing so I guess it wasn't meant to be but I am going to try to get the pirate with your suggestions
    Once the quest is over that pirate does not exist. Do you have GAILS SHIP FROM STEP 1? That is the important part. Great ship! The rest of the quest would have cost you nearly 70 rubies- not worth it for most! I had to buy rubies! I do not like doing that.

Angelic Member
    You will have missed out on lots of sapphires, but rubies are more valuable!

Angelic Member
    GAIL brings back lots of sapphires. Upgrade the tiers quickly, as by tier 10 she brings back piles of goods on a 9 hour voyage- 60 sapphires or so, 1 or 2 emeralds, and great equipment to arm ships!

Intrepid Explorer
    It must be ground-hog day...

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie View Post
    It must be ground-hog day...
    I guess the ground hog slept through Groundhog Day...but he/she is awake now!!!

GAIL brings back lots of sapphires. Upgrade the tiers quickly, as by tier 10 she brings back piles of goods on a 9 hour voyage- 60 sapphires or so, 1 or 2 emeralds, and great equipment to arm ships!
    Thanks again, Kato, I was very happy to get Gail. I am glad to know that I saved my rubies, it would be nice if PG would delete old quests if items needed are not available. How is someone to know if a quest is out-of-date? This forum and these threads are so valuable, glad to have so much support and again thanks for the feedback.

bump

How can we get this stickied to the top of the forums? (Bump) ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by BeagleFan View Post
    How can we get this stickied to the top of the forums? (Bump) ;-)
    I could ask CS.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast