Thread: Newbie Intro

Red face Newbie Intro

Hi Everyone
    Please forgive me if I've posted this in the wrong place. I couldn't see a newbies section.

So I've kinda inherited the addictive world of Campus Life from my 9 year old. She has my Apple ID but is really well behaved and always asks before buying anything. About 2 months ago she asked me if she could buy some 'gems' for a game. I asked if I could just look and check the game and .....well that was it!

All I can say is that I'm glad I don't smoke or drink. I couldn't afford any other vices!

I'm looking for friends to add and I'm loving all your expert hints and tips and pictures

If anyone would like to train up a newbie lol or would like to exchange adds feel free to drop me a message and in the meantime I'll go and read some of the fab guides you've written

But here's a couple of questions.

If You could go back and start the game again what would you differently?

Is there anything you know now that you wish you'd know then?

Hi kitty,
    Welcome to the forum. I have not played CL for quite a while so I am no help to you. But I am sure reading the forum threads will be very helpful. Just jump in and enjoy.
    And I am sure some veteran players will be happy to help.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

Hello Kitty, you might want to ask your question again in this thread: https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...-LTQs-here-VII
    This is where most people are.
    CL id: Kadiatu

I'd very carefully pick the recruits from sets 1-22. You do not get another chance to recruit them. The words about the girls are irrelevant. Only the club matters & I would not worry too much about it especially if you do it care about the prize or if you are willing to recruit MBG (mystery box girls).

Save up the collectibles first if you want to do the booth quests. It's a lot of work but the clothes are cute & if you want some free diamonds. It took me about a year to finish all the booth quests this way but if I did not save them up then I missed out on most of the prizes.

While everyone has different budgets, I wish I had spent real money from the beginning because I missed some really cute stuff.

I wish I would not have bought so much land. I do not really need it & it increases the cost for cash items. However if you are a decorator like Barcbar then you will need the land.

I would not have promoted the girls so much because it also increases the cost of cash items.

I wish I would not have recruited some of the set 23 & 24 girls since I cannot ever get them to look cute.

I totally recommend using pink lady's spoilers, $prinkles recruits guide, & the will she approve guide. It can save you time & money unless you do not like spoilers. It will not make the game race by rather it will help you unlock the fun features as soon as possible & allow you to not waste time on something silly.
    Enjoying Campus Life since Sept. 2012! *Hope more people keep playing CL & other PG games*

See? I knew some veteran players would come through for you
    Imani, if I ever go back to playing, I will heed your advice.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

Welcome to the forum and the game!

Beware of the addiction . I started playing Jan. 2015 and I have missed a day. I am sure there are those with much longer tracks than that, but my husband teases about my "CL" addiction and mourns that I play this now instead of Final Fantasy with him every night. =^.^= *:・゚✧(=✪ ᆺ ✪=)*:・゚✧

I totally agree with everything Imani said. I made some of the 'mistakes' before I found the forum, but after I got here and began to read the threads she pointed out....well, my game just took off. Those threads are sooo very helpful, as is the "Let's Discuss LTQ" because that is where all of the daily 'action' is.

The only thing I might add is that for new players, the Supermodel feature is a great source of both recruits and high end clothing for only the cost of heart points which you get by voting. The feature is down right at the moment, however. It seems to have "broke" last week, but the PG team is working on it and they feel it will be back up later this week. Hopefully.

Feel free to ask questions and just enjoy the game. It is awesome!

˚₊★‧ℒℴѵℯ❣Hina‧☆₊˚
    GC - NekoHina ˚(͇̩̫͇̂̂)ฅ˚ FS - NekoHina
    I love to vote for friends, so please me a request on Game Center and mention your CL forum name. Thanks!
    "You are NEVER too old to play with dolls". -- 💕 ˚₊Hina ‧₊˚. 🐾

I agree with Neko Hina that models can provide recruits. I love having more recruits to wear all the outfits that I love & cannot just have sitting waiting on the closet. However I find many of the clothes that won on Models get overused in FS so they do not help me much there unless they are accessories. However sometimes it is a great way to get items you always wanted so some of my girls wear the stuff around the campus even though I do not use some of the items in FS. She is right that it is a great way to get clothes & you can usually get them without paying real money. You get heart points for voting & you get more for voting with popular opinion. When in doubt Usually voting yes is the popular choice.

Remember to collect your petal every day. I save them up for petal events when there are increased chances to get a certain type or color of clothing. I find I usually get better items this way. I also save roses for the events too.

Neko HinaThanks I forgot about giving tips for the models feature.
    Enjoying Campus Life since Sept. 2012! *Hope more people keep playing CL & other PG games*