Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where have all the models gone?

I actually am starting to believe that the pull on the Models feature was deliberate, and they won't ever bring back the feature as a nod to the slow lack of support for the game and its eventual demise.

CL is getting really tired and boring; the repetitive FS showdown themes and WWE events, an unattainable Eternal Closet (for the majority of players and no new recruits for players who have recruited them all), the roses as prizes for diamond quests, less content and old quests instead of new... Not to mention the constant crashing, bugs and its evidenced instability.

Jesse, Lauren, PG Wilsooon, or other PG staff -
    Can we please have an update on the status of the Models feature?
    Pretty please
    (PS - I hope it does not come off as "shouting." I am going for noticeable.)

I think the issue must be really hard to fix for it to be taking so long.

I miss having more recruits to wear the clothes from the new quests. I just like so many outfits that I need someone to wear them, so I need more recruits.
    Last edited by Imani; 10-07-16 at 05:51 PM.
    Enjoying Campus Life since Sept. 2012! *Hope more people keep playing CL & other PG games*

I miss the Model Feature ever so much!! I don't undersrstand what is going on !

I haven't posted in a long time (but I still play), but I had to come and comment on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire90 View Post
    I actually am starting to believe that the pull on the Models feature was deliberate, and they won't ever bring back the feature as a nod to the slow lack of support for the game and its eventual demise.

CL is getting really tired and boring; the repetitive FS showdown themes and WWE events, an unattainable Eternal Closet (for the majority of players and no new recruits for players who have recruited them all), the roses as prizes for diamond quests, less content and old quests instead of new... Not to mention the constant crashing, bugs and its evidenced instability.
    I had the same thought, that it might be deliberate. I mean, maybe there was actually a problem, but with all the complaining (justified I think) we've done, they might have decided it wasn't worth messing with anymore.

Although I'm almost through recruiting the regular girls (I'm finally on Sydney--and in no rush, heh), I still have a few of the diamond girls left, I'm nowhere near finished recruiting anyone out of the Eternal Closet (I don't use keys for the WWEs--actually I think I used them during one of them, still wasn't enough to place very high though). I can see the frustration for those that have though.

My iPad is dying a slow death, battery will not hold a charge for very long, and I do not have the money to replace it anytime soon. Unless PocketGems follows the way of some of the other gaming companies and makes it a cross-platform game, then as soon as my iPad gives it's last "breath," I'm done with this game. Part of me will miss it, but the rest of my devices are Android, and we know where support for that has gone (well, it doesn't even pull up when I search Google Play, so that answers that), so it's not as if I have a choice.

I had over 720+ days built up on the Daily Reward. I recently forgot to open the game one day and it reset me, back to Day 1. And it didn't bother me (another game I play, I'm up to almost 760 days, and I came close to missing one day, by 2 hours, and I'm telling you, I think I would have bawled my eyes out if I had). I think that says a lot.
    I am a somewhat active player, though not so much on the forums. Consider this my vote for having the models feature revamped. GC: Carin70, FS: Kenadi.

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    The supermodel contest feature is still in repair. Unfortunately the repairs that were tested so far been unsuccessful, hence why its taking longer than anticipated...
    I appreciate Dark Angel giving us the update from PG. Thanks
    Enjoying Campus Life since Sept. 2012! *Hope more people keep playing CL & other PG games*

Unsure why PG staff are unable to give us an update?

Unsure why PG staff are unable to give us an update?
    Thanks to DA for "update" on SM feature, but I do agree with Sapphire90, a new update from a member of the PG team would be appreciated...this way we may get an approximate time for feature to be back on board, instead of "SM will return soon, when issues are rectified" which is rather annoying.
    I've been an avid fan/addict of CL for three years (approx) yet it's becoming somewhat repetitive (as other players have stated) I've been on hols overseas and I didn't participate in WWE for a month, normally this would cause me major withdrawal symptoms but I just logged in whenever possible to collect cash and gems and do the occasional challenge...I see myself gradually stepping back from this game over some months unless CL undergoes some much needed changes and injects some fun and "oomph" into the game...I do enjoy the WWE' but the themes are rather routine and definitely not challenging (repetition once again)
    I really hope to see some of the suggestions made by some players implemented....please heed these wonderful ideas that I see scattered in various threads, Thanks, PG!
    "You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough"

Mae West (original sex goddess)

Even if the game is "old" I started playing a few months ago and love it. The Models' contest gave me the opportunitity to use some fantastic clothes I did not have in my closet. Plus recruit cute new models. If the game is going to be closed down because old it is not fair to new players who have spent money on the game. I think that while PG is repairing the Model feature they could add more space and the possibility to transfer the game to a new device since also Game Center was killed by ios 10 and that was the only way to add friends and save progress

- - - Updated - - -

Even if the game is "old" I started playing a few months ago and love it. The Models' contest gave me the opportunitity to use some fantastic clothes I did not have in my closet. Plus recruit cute new models. If the game is going to be closed down because old it is not fair to new players who have spent money on the game. I think that while PG is repairing the Model feature they could add more space and the possibility to transfer the game to a new device since also Game Center was killed by ios 10 and that was the only way to add friends and save progress

I don't understand why we don't get an answer. We have been without the Models feature for a month now

Quote Originally Posted by Gio!! View Post
    I don't understand why we don't get an answer. We have been without the Models feature for a month now
    Basically because PG believes in zero accountability. It's absolutely pathetic, in my opinion. I'm not afraid to be vocal about it either; I have used real money on this game, and therefore, in return, I expect the game to function properly, as I have paid for its' services.

Honestly, how difficult is it really to give us an update?

Need some good news on this
    FS: ⓍⒶⓃ

Quote Originally Posted by Naimonster View Post
    Need some good news on this
    I check every day hoping to find good news....

Good, or bad, we definitely need some news on this.
    Campus Life: the_queen_g

Absolutely! It's getting ridiculous.
    CL id: Kadiatu

Basically because PG believes in zero accountability. It's absolutely pathetic, in my opinion. I'm not afraid to be vocal about it either; I have used real money on this game, and therefore, in return, I expect the game to function properly, as I have paid for its' services.

Honestly, how difficult is it really to give us an update?

I could not agree more or have said it better myself!!! Thank you!
    Please feel free to add me!! ✨💛✨

GC: pieces184
    FS: pieces184

I've deleted the game. Lack of news on this issue (or any general updates by Pocket Gems staff), and the fact that I missed out on two of the cash quests (one of which I stupidly finished with diamonds) because I'm checking the game less and less each day, didn't make it worth keeping on my iPad anymore. Good luck on getting an answer from any of them, because I don't think they even care.
    I am a somewhat active player, though not so much on the forums. Consider this my vote for having the models feature revamped. GC: Carin70, FS: Kenadi.

Carin, I'm sorry to read you have deleted the game due to PG's ineptness. If that was your reaction to the way this has been handled, it can only be assumed that others, who knows how many, have made that decision as well. Very unfortunate to lose players simply due to the inability to communicate.

If you're still in the habit of checking the forum, I wish you good luck with your other game.

🔸🔸🔸

It is, bottom line, absolutely unconscionable how PG has treated this situation.

With respect to the question of the model feature returning, I'd say "no." It's gone. It was a deliberate action from the start, to me. I laid my theory out explaining how in the main thread awhile ago.

It is too bad PG has not had the sense to step to this forum, act professionally and address the disappearance of a major feature of the game.

Regardless of their decision, it is not too much to ask for them to provide a simple answer and explanation - and players are not wrong, or bad, for being angry and frustrated and annoyed because nothing has been communicated.

Words... It boils down to respect. No communication, no words, signals no respect for your customers. Hiding behind a wall of silence, ignoring posts and lone threads, is unprofessional. Yet, unfortunately, the wall of silence and has been the response to many instances over the course of this game's life.

Players deserve more than this.
    "What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist." -- Salman Rushdie

Carin, I am sorry you had to delete your game This is all the proof that PG needs of their lack of accountability; the result being players deciding to pull the plug, and cease playing the game.

However, it appears that PG have finally decided to acknowledge our concerns and give us an update on the Model Closet situation:

Quote Originally Posted by _Lauren_ View Post
    Hello everyone!

The team is still actively working towards getting this feature back up and running, however as it is taking some time, we are sorry to announce that this feature is closed until further notice.

What this means is that we will continue to do our best to repair this feature and bring it back to player's games as soon as we can, however at this time we do not have an estimate as to when this repair can be expected.

If you require assistance with your profile due to this issue, please send me a ticket and I will be happy to assist you and answer your questions, as I know many of you have concerns regarding your Idol Points and being unable to recruit the last Model Recruit.

Tickets can be submitted using this link, please make sure to include your Support ID:
    https://pocketgems.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

If you do not know where to find your Support ID, here are some helpful instructions:
    https://pocketgems.zendesk.com/hc/en...pport-ID-PGID-
    Sigh.

This is not the answer we wanted, however this is definitely the answer we should have expected. Myself, Vogue, Carin and many others felt that eliminating this feature was a deliberate action by PG.

I am thankful that we have an update, however I do not believe that the CL will "continue to do [their] best" to find a solution for the Closet. Their message is contradictory at best - first they say the Closet is "closed until further notice" and then they continue to suggest they will try and fix it. If you have decided to cease operation of something, why would you keep trying to fix it, after announcing that it is closed/broken? Moreover, what kind of programmers do you have working for you if you can't even fix this piece of broken code? I can't understand this.

This is start of CL beginning to close "live" components of the game (that require connection to other players) so eventually the game will no longer have any player-based interactive features. Watch in the months to come the Boutique magically stop working, and then Showdowns.

I refuse to spend one more cent on this game. It is pathetic - update or no update.
    Last edited by Sapphire90; 10-29-16 at 02:43 AM.

Still no news on the Model feature? After such a long wait someone could at leat say something....even if "they" don't want to put it back!

Quote Originally Posted by Gio!! View Post
    Still no news on the Model feature? After such a long wait someone could at leat say something....even if "they" don't want to put it back!
    Or at least make it disappear but what disappointments me is I know we allllllll enjoyed it!!!!! Its sad that the parts of the game I really like ,and gosh I had to wait so long before it came to my game,,,,, they seem to take away!
    Friend me on Game Center @ Cherylsuekelley, just mention tap campus!
    Game Center has again changed my name,,,, it is now,,,, Day Child 93,,,,, whatever that is! Please friend me, I'd love to see your creations!

Gio PG said they cannot fix it. Lauren just updated her post so it was not entirely clear at first until people were talking about.

Thamks Imani. I read and I am very very disappointed!! Plus we are stuck with this glizzy glamour in the helicopter game since
    Last we contest

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12