Page 90 of 188 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 4697

Thread: Let's discuss LTQs here VII

I have the feeling that 15 might be a max. Or that the chance of hidding a dud decreases significantly afterwards. I think I had two mbgs with 15 duds, but most are within 6-10, like Nai's.
    CL id: Kadiatu

Zookeeper
    RM7 - PG put CL on autopilot a few months ago so they could pull team members away and put them to work on Dragon Wars and maybe some other new projects. The good news is that the clothing items are still mostly wonderful and we have plenty of new things to buy. The bad news is that all of the dialog that made the quests interesting is gone and quality control (i.e. clothing not looking like the thumbnails) is kind of lax. They have been releasing new items to the boutique periodically. The problem is having to search through the old things until you're lucky enough to happen upon something new. I'm grateful the game hasn't been discontinued. However, given the choice, I'd love to have it back the way it was before "autopilot."
    "Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first."

I totally LOVE the hair!!! For me, weird hair isn't that useful, so these styles thrills me! In fact, the second style looks a lot like my own. I really like all of the fashion items as well. Recruited Retha with just 2 duds, so that makes me happy. But her hosiery???? couldn't it have been lovely sheer gold hose? I don't have anything like that! I agree with everyone; these opaque hose just make the legs look heavy & chunky. The other items are great.
    QUOTE from RM7
    , I've noticed since I've been back the past couple of months (after my 4 ish year hiatus) that it's kind of repetitive. It's just MBG, boutique quests, Yv's hair and the store. No competitions with Prissies sorority, no boyfriends, the custom clothing option never really launched, the auction is a dud, no new clothes in the boutique, the pets are a bother, and I can't pick the size of rooms (I have to take the rooms they'll let me buy) so I can make my campus fit together properly and do the interior decorating I used to love. I totally missed the models. And there aren't the little surprises now and then that were fun. So as much as I like CL, this multi year gap in playing has shown me it's not the same game. That makes me sad.

I really agree with these points. I miss the little extras, especially the Models. I truly think that particular feature just became a bother to the staff and they closed it down. I jusr do not believe that there was some software issue that could not be fixed. This is their JOB for heaven's sake. IF there was any problem with the existing feature, then they should design a NEW program to recreate the Model part of the game. This really makes me angry and frustrated. I also miss the part of the game from oh, 2 years ago? where you collected the little items like seed packets, magazines, lemonade for different occasions on the campus. That was clever & a fun little thing to do while waiting for a FS to end. Now there is only the occasional need for pizza slices in order to complete a class in a cash quest. C'mon PG, could we get more creative? Yes, the clothes are mostly lovely, but the game is getting predictable. Problem is, I'll keep playing...most of us will. So there's no financial incentive, and I guess that is the bottom line.
    Last edited by Piratesong; 01-08-17 at 12:06 PM.

and if PG has moved staff to work on other games then they should hire more to keep up the stamdards of the existing ones. They have to be making enough money on CL, judging from the number of players I see with new items on the forum and in fashion shows and WWEs.
    Last edited by Piratesong; 01-08-17 at 12:03 PM.

Sorority Superstar NemisisWatches's Avatar
    Hi everyone,

regarding event, well first DAyour Audrey drop dead gorgeous, love the gown. And two, I lost a few with my roaring twenties looks, against wings ... go figure (shrugs) and won with most of my gold gowns ... (yawn, boring) But also I think many of my wins are against newbies. That said however, just because youre up against a newbie, doesnt neccessarily mean youll win, Ive lost several that I thought would be sure wins so you never know in this game really. At least I dont,

up against friends votes I always lose, well 90 percent of time regardless, on those I just double judges to get the hundred points I need. Every now and then though, Ill have a great set, with equal competitor with an awesome outfit and we will be neck n neck. I LOVE those sets because Then you get to see the Styles compete, rather than unequal footing or popularity etc, and those sets are fun. I dont mind losing those either, when I do, because I think its awesome to see two fabulous outfits side by side. You can one, Learn a lot about styling, and Two you learn what pushes that outfit just a little more to the top. Sometimes it can be color, type of jewelry, color of hose etc., even hair. Those sets I think are the enjoyable ones.

I play a couple of games with styling and it never ceases to amaze me, the Surprise I get when seeing garments Id never dream of using and seeing how someone can work magic with them. And some people are just gifted in that...thank goodness for them because Id be still stuck in frumpville if not for those people LOL. Its amazing just how much, in RL, Ive incorporated into my own styling just from what Ive learned playing styling games. Before I was clueless LOL, now Ill be going through my RL closet tossing ugly things out, adding things that years ago Id be like Oh I cant wear that. Layering, using color blocking, lengths of tops etc, yes Ive learned a lot...simply by observing.

Point being, little things do make difference, maybe styling and judging on these games teaches you to pay attention to details, something I didnt really do much prior to fashion games. But anyways, blah blah lol...Im rambling,

Did todays quest immiately, well first step, cuzz ya know I saw that hair and was like Oh Yes! Love Love the hair, both of the styles,

so while buying hair I slowly started paying attention to the items. Not keen on first reward, its eh, drab imo but I know by now that drab today can wind up ultra fabulous tomorrow if paired with the right item so. Do love the second reward though, and adore the hat.

I been working on styling some of my separates and buying tops fr boutique, Name:  image.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  20.0 KB

found this beauty, I have those pink/black satin type pants with attached skirt, but never can do anything with be ause it always comes out unbalanced. So Im still working on those, was hoping I could try n do something with and enter them in event, see what kind of reception it gets. The rose jacket and shorts with tights, NaiMonsterdid Brilliant job styling,

I had a time working with those pieces. Either I didnt have top that worked or shoes, still playing around with the ensemble so will see,

Im finding using separates, for glitz and glam, to be quite challenging, fun but challenging. I wish I had of not missed a couple of the shorter, edgier hairstyles because I think with working with pants etc, to pull off the wow facter LOL, having short textured hair is key, because you can add a lot of the glitz with earrings. Showcasing, same with eye makeup,

long hair while pretty, I think overpowers the tops/slacks combo if youre trying to bring focus on the sparkle. So Im hoping one day, PG re-releases some of the shorter hair, with the edgier cuts. That isnt color dyed etc.

Anyways...back to styling, Ill post some pics later. Having way more fun experimenting this event, even though gold gowns are def making the preference w voters.

Sorority Superstar NemisisWatches's Avatar
    Pics of a few "experiments" lol, either in prepping for event or recent fs themes, trying out new combos etc using quest items with older elements

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  15.9 KB

My favorite is the first girl, was more of an accident styling, just tapping this n that when I came up with the idea. first and second girl was for clashing colors, Im not sure about last girl, think with her I just wanted to style something fun around her hair.
    oops no, wrong pic, LOL, ok Last one with the purple, those were the Episode shoes. I love this vest, voters usually hate it LOL but with this combo, I finally had a break. Thought the scarf was perfect with. shoes were perfect color, pleased with this semi-relaxed but professional work attire.

ok This set has Maddie with the fun hair,

Views: 384
Size:  14.4 KB

Two of my Lets have some Fun styles, first a Galaxy overload, dedicated to Dr Who cuzz it was during Dr Who Christmas Special LOL, and then Maddie, lots of sparkle with a bit of humor.

Views: 387
Size:  15.1 KB

recent quest items above, few of my Roaring Twenties/Thirties, I like them. Voters not so much, shrugs. Second lost to wings, maybe the hat too much??? But I wanted to try a luxurious high class singer or club look. Flapper dress in blue, like the effect the stole has, I think it showcases her face and hair piece. Sophie, I tried working with dark shadows on eyes but closed with the blush instead...think the stole is purrfect with this dress, a combo of modern with old.

Views: 386
Size:  15.1 KB

Recent quest gowns but Im seeing them a lot in event so wanted to try some different things with, mostly adding contrast color accents. Loving the new hair.

Views: 388
Size:  13.8 KB

LOL I did this one prior to event, being Silly. Shes my Gold Midas Touch Overload here ROFL, OK probably not the best styling but I never know What to do with these leggings, or jacket (old old item) or that hair so figured, why not just lump them all together ROFL,

Views: 390
Size:  15.6 KB

More Old with new, or not so new. Again another one of those jackets, I have the gold and black one, but both are hard to style. But they do glitter so why not try them...so with Kirsten I opted for a more conservative style, think forties??? The second, Figured Id try out the hair piece, not so sure bout it though. Last, just experimenting with cape and new hair...Im thinking my next experiments are going to be using capes with pants. That should be interesting.

And my latest project...these pants, Ugh. Still not there yet, eventually Ill figure out something LOL,

Views: 380
Size:  14.7 KB

Well, thats a few of my "lets break out of my styling rut" and try new ways. I find working with anything glittery to be quite challenging, but fun. Especially when merging old with new, so theres that.

Everyone: Thanks for Spoilers & Modeling the Items!
    Last edited by Imani; 01-08-17 at 03:38 PM.
    Enjoying Campus Life since Sept. 2012! *Hope more people keep playing CL & other PG games*

Quest I like the blue reward gown & the step 2 hair, but I do not think I can justify doing it given the cost & how I doubt I can use so many of the same hairstyle. Definitely some cute items though
    Enjoying Campus Life since Sept. 2012! *Hope more people keep playing CL & other PG games*

Zookeeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Momrox View Post
    RM7 - PG put CL on autopilot a few months ago so they could pull team members away and put them to work on Dragon Wars and maybe some other new projects. The good news is that the clothing items are still mostly wonderful and we have plenty of new things to buy. The bad news is that all of the dialog that made the quests interesting is gone and quality control (i.e. clothing not looking like the thumbnails) is kind of lax. They have been releasing new items to the boutique periodically. The problem is having to search through the old things until you're lucky enough to happen upon something new. I'm grateful the game hasn't been discontinued. However, given the choice, I'd love to have it back the way it was before "autopilot."
    Thanks for the insight!! I certainly don't want it discontinued but I think they're killing the game. A little care would go a long way.

Zookeeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Piratesong View Post
    I totally LOVE the hair!!! For me, weird hair isn't that useful, so these styles thrills me! In fact, the second style looks a lot like my own. I really like all of the fashion items as well. Recruited Retha with just 2 duds, so that makes me happy. But her hosiery???? couldn't it have been lovely sheer gold hose? I don't have anything like that! I agree with everyone; these opaque hose just make the legs look heavy & chunky. The other items are great.
    QUOTE from RM7
    , I've noticed since I've been back the past couple of months (after my 4 ish year hiatus) that it's kind of repetitive. It's just MBG, boutique quests, Yv's hair and the store. No competitions with Prissies sorority, no boyfriends, the custom clothing option never really launched, the auction is a dud, no new clothes in the boutique, the pets are a bother, and I can't pick the size of rooms (I have to take the rooms they'll let me buy) so I can make my campus fit together properly and do the interior decorating I used to love. I totally missed the models. And there aren't the little surprises now and then that were fun. So as much as I like CL, this multi year gap in playing has shown me it's not the same game. That makes me sad.

I really agree with these points. I miss the little extras, especially the Models. I truly think that particular feature just became a bother to the staff and they closed it down. I jusr do not believe that there was some software issue that could not be fixed. This is their JOB for heaven's sake. IF there was any problem with the existing feature, then they should design a NEW program to recreate the Model part of the game. This really makes me angry and frustrated. I also miss the part of the game from oh, 2 years ago? where you collected the little items like seed packets, magazines, lemonade for different occasions on the campus. That was clever & a fun little thing to do while waiting for a FS to end. Now there is only the occasional need for pizza slices in order to complete a class in a cash quest. C'mon PG, could we get more creative? Yes, the clothes are mostly lovely, but the game is getting predictable. Problem is, I'll keep playing...most of us will. So there's no financial incentive, and I guess that is the bottom line.
    I completely agree on the hairstyles. I love both of these!!!! I don't care for the odd styles. I like the more glamorous ones. And as I mentioned the opaque hosiery is always awful. I never use it. I wish the shorts hadn't been designed with those awful white hose attached. I have no idea who thought that was a good idea.

I also miss the collections quests where we looked for seed packets etc. The items still give them so should a quest for them be that hard???

And actually CL does have an incentive to keep the game at least marginally interesting. My $100 a month spend is over unless this gets more interesting.
    Last edited by RM7; 01-08-17 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiedragon View Post
    Have you maybe recruited all cash girls..?
    Wait.. siorry. Do you mean no more recruits in that menu? O that there are no more girls roaming your campus..??
    There are no new recruits for me except the old diamond girls like Brooke

Zookeeper
    Hair: CL team, thanks again for the hair in this quest! Both are marvelous and a welcome change from "artistic" and costume-y hair.

3 for 1: We have a a New buy 3 get 1 quest. I don't like anything on this quest so yay! Dismonds saved for future.

WWE: I've been very pleasantly surprised to see it hasn't been a total gown fest. After voting for my friends, I've actively voted for non gown entries that are good interpretations for this theme. I'm also really happy to note that I've only seen wings twice. I'm not sure who mentioned it but having a WWE where gowns and wings weren't allowed would be fun! I'd LOVE to see a theme like Sophisticated Separates or Classy Casual.

Zookeeper
    I'm curious. Does today's buy 1 get three rose skirt match / work well with any of the previous rose tops? Thanks!!

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenBitsy View Post
    You have most probably finished all the cash girls.. was your last option only 1 girl to choose from? There is a thread in the recruiting tab that shows all cash girls. The last 2 sets you are able to recruit all (with Sydney etc)

Quote Originally Posted by QueenBitsy View Post
    If you recruited all the cash girls from set 23/24, then no more cash girls will show up. You recruited them all.

For reference: http://forums.pocketgems.com/showthr...it-Spoilers!**
    Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game.

Intrepid Explorer ScarletDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RM7 View Post
    I'm curious. Does today's buy 1 get three rose skirt match / work well with any of the previous rose tops? Thanks!!
    I'm curious too but waiting to buy. I won't do the entire quest unless gown spoilers are stunning, but I may come back tonight to get the skirt.
    ScarletDragon is scarlet834 in GC. If you send a friend request please mention the forum.
    I am Scarlet in FS.

Buy 3 Get 1 Sale! - 62 Diamonds

Name:  Buy 3 Get 1 Sale! 09.01.17.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  149.1 KB
    Name:  Buy 3 Get 1 Sale! Outfit 1 09.01.17.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  136.1 KB
    Name:  Buy 3 Get 1 Sale! Outfit 2 09.01.17.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  122.5 KB
    Name:  Buy 3 Get 1 Sale! Outfit 3 09.01.17.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  104.9 KB
    Last edited by Naimonster; 01-09-17 at 08:49 AM.
    FS: ⓍⒶⓃ

Name:  IMG_6736.jpg
Size:  70.5 KB
    my dolls Aalexa
    facebook Nicki Kkh-kkg
    instagram nicki.kkh_kkg

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    I have decided to use all my colours of the Viviane Vintage Gown for this theme. I think its very fitting, and I want to use all my recolours that I spent a lot on.

I can see that mermaid gown haunting us for the next water theme lol.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Sorority Superstar terrihallman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Naimonster View Post
    Buy 3 Get 1 Sale! - 62 Diamonds

Name:  Buy 3 Get 1 Sale! 09.01.17.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  149.1 KB
    Name:  Buy 3 Get 1 Sale! Outfit 1 09.01.17.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  136.1 KB
    Name:  Buy 3 Get 1 Sale! Outfit 2 09.01.17.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  122.5 KB
    Name:  Buy 3 Get 1 Sale! Outfit 3 09.01.17.jpg
Size:  104.9 KB
    Just GORGEOUS Nai! Thanks for the spoilers!
    Terrihallman Game Center ID. Please mention the CL forums for an add to friends list.

Intrepid Explorer ScarletDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by terrihallman View Post
    Just GORGEOUS Nai! Thanks for the spoilers!
    Ditto, Nai!
    Now that I want the skirt and the headdress I may as well accept those oversized earrings and get the reward gown. Lovely styling!
    ScarletDragon is scarlet834 in GC. If you send a friend request please mention the forum.
    I am Scarlet in FS.

I'm not into mermaid items, and as such I'm fully prepared to lose out on under the water themes again Not interested in the reward and nor the earrings or the headdress. The skirt might be nice enough, but I think I just gamble on it being available in the boutique one day. Quest break for me.
    CL id: Kadiatu

Nai your styling is spot on for all the items. Gorgeous!!!

Oh no Terri we are against each other. Love the leggings with that dress.

Zookeeper
    Quote Originally Posted by yirara View Post
    I'm not into mermaid items, and as such I'm fully prepared to lose out on under the water themes again Not interested in the reward and nor the earrings or the headdress. The skirt might be nice enough, but I think I just gamble on it being available in the boutique one day. Quest break for me.
    Completely agree. I like (and bought) the skirt. Underwater / mermaid items are not my thing so skipped he rest.

Page 90 of 188 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast