Name:  IMG_5422.JPG
Views: 397
Size:  48.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_5432.JPG
Views: 381
Size:  48.5 KBName:  IMG_5427.JPG
Views: 403
Size:  44.3 KB

Note: I showed the wrong mask before. I replaced it with a picture of the right one.
    Last edited by RobynAudrey; 06-28-17 at 08:17 AM.

RM7 and Dutchie woeh! Thanks both

Imani yes I thought it was funny because in the Netherlands Robyn is an uncommon name. Here it is normally spelled Robin and mostly used for boys.

Quest the 'Around the World' part sounds promising. Curious what's coming next.

Great. More cheap one-steppers. More no-see-ums ahead. I am absolutely, unequivocally NOT a fan of these cheap, one-stepper prep quests. Hopefully, purses won't be what shoes were last event, 50% of the purchaseable prep content. The final reward, to me, looks cheap and plasticy. Not the prep quest quality that has traditionally been offered. Disappointing.

Equally disappointing: the mask. It doesn't even layer properly with the hair. Another illustration of the age-old issue of lack of attention and, really, care. Definitely not as advertised, looking like a cheesy raccoon sleep mask instead of a glamorous opera mask.

It's a questionable thing: why PG would cheapen the quality - and prices - of the only quests that actually support in a hard way the sole thing the game centers on at this juncture. One would think these would be the only quests (left) where they would figure they could still go for premium. Because the perceived need to prepare and ready for the event is heightened in comparison to regular old FS entering.

Around the world simply means we will have more Chinese opera items is my guess.
    Last edited by Vogue.One; 06-28-17 at 04:25 AM. Reason: Added text re. mask
    "What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist." -- Salman Rushdie

I'm not quite impressed by the reward gown and might just skip it. What do you think?
    CL id: Kadiatu

Quote Originally Posted by yirara View Post
    I'm not quite impressed by the reward gown and might just skip it. What do you think?
    I'm skipping the quest, something I have rarely done with prep quests throughout my years of playing this game. Skipping not due to having a lack of diamonds but due to quest content and design. Lack of interest, decreased spending, waning interest or whatever, PG... not because of me. Because of you. Cheap doesn't mean an automatic buy, PG. Especially when half the quest is glitchy.

I don't want the glitchy mask and I don't see myself using the purse. The gown is not indicative of what prep quests have traditionally offered and, thus, what has motivated me to purchase in the past.
    "What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist." -- Salman Rushdie

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Just to be clear the mask shown by Robyn is not the mask from the quest.

This is.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  16.0 KB

Flower is mostly hidden with a couple of hairstyles I have tried but I still got a lot more to go through.

In regards to the quest, the gown is not that bad. I seen worse. The one step quest is probably something that we will see more often. I don't mind as long as the content is good.

I tend to find the pre event ranking themes boring and if that went altogether I wouldn't mind. Prefer to just enjoy WWE events. Everything else makes it time consuming.

I play this game in a way that lets me enjoy it. I hope you all can find the same.
    Last edited by darkangel; 06-28-17 at 06:39 AM.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

I have played for years looking forward to what have traditionally been fantastic prep quests, full 2-step quests with inventive, unique and beautiful pieces. Well-designed pieces with attention to detail. Sure there have been glitchy items and/or fit issues here and there. But in many cases those have been outweighed by gems hidden within and/or the final rewards themselves.

It is not the WWEs themselves that have kept me going with this game; it is/has been the WWE prep quests. The WWEs themselves are just more entering, and no -- there is no excitement in that; the entering is old and boring. Not a day's break. Just more and more of the same. So, a WWE is really no different except that there are prizes associated with it. Still nothing big anymore because it has been this way for years.

It has been the WWE prep quests that bring excitement to the WWEs. For, they have long held gems. We have chimed in and wondered to ourselves wondering if we will see this, or hoping to see that... Wondering what riches, for that is what has been contained in these quests, will be offered up when they are first opened with great anticipation. The prep quests have been, for me, like a reward for enduring the long days of entering after entering... They have hung like bait if you will at the finish line... the climax to the entering and the event itself being the denouement... all to start again a few days later... looking forward to the next WWE PREP QUESTS, not the event itself.

The new cheap, one-steppers have blown the excitement to smithereens. Last event I was supposed to get excited over three pairs of shoes? Shoes made up 50% of purchasable content for the Tropical prep quests. Just tell me how that is exciting. It is not.

Now I am supposed to get all jazzed up over a glitchy mask and a purse? This is a first step of a quest. Let us be clear. This is what people would expect to buy through in order to get to some gems in a second step.

PG has eliminated the second step from these quests. They have eliminated the ability for themselves to make money by preventing people from completing what used to be 100-diamond quests, quests I looked forward to spending my diamonds on because they have been reliable in offering quality and beauty. Now? The prep quests don't feel special. They no longer stand out. And they traditionally have.

I do play the game on a level I enjoy, but PG made in my opinion one of the worst decisions in the history of this game by reducing content for the prep quests, and this has, as a result, taken away one of the only remaining things which brought excitement to this game, to me, at this stage of the game.

The boutique is dead. Quest formatting variety has been dead for a long time. The auction house has been dead for years. Models were killed instead of tweaked (let's not debate that -- opinions won't be changed).

Now, the once-glorious prep quest is also dead it appears as well. And that is very unfortunate.

Whoops, thanks for paying attention darkangel!

It does make me sad about the way quests are panning out and the fact that it looks like this game won't last much longer. This game has been a part of my daily routine for years and while it is just a game, I have enjoyed it thoroughly.

I also won't be finishing this quest, Vouge, although I do love a nice red gown.

Zookeeper
    I've been tough on PG for years. In fact my disgust at some of the policies and approaches is what caused me to leave the game for years.

But, right now, I have to say that I'm taking it for what it is - a fun game I like in its waning stages. PG is not going to put more resources into the game. That's over. No new features and old features won't be fixed. Ok. Got it.

So, my new standard is that I want was is left to work and work well. That's it. And I'll participate in what I enjoy and ignore what I don't.

I actually really like the shorter / cheaper quests. I am not interested in putting more money into the game. But, with me having only 100 girls and some sub set of those being diamond, it takes me a little while to "earn" enough diamonds to do a quest. So, the shorter / cheaper quests allow me to literally "stay in the game".

Things like glitchy clothes make me very frustrated. But, I just won't buy them. So, PG misses out on that revenue. (Obviously if there were great clothes and features I'd spend money on the game.) Same with accessories that don't really matter for the last remaining game activities - FS & WWE. So, I will buy the more impactful / dramatic accessories: hair items, capes, wristlets, wings (because they're pretty and whether I like it or not they win), etc. I am not moved at all by necklaces, bracelets and earrings. I have enough and they rarely add enough to an outfit to win FS or WWE. I don't like the makeup unless it's needed for a theme. I play on my phone so I don't see the differences enough in regular makeup to want to buy. And I don't like most shoes and purses. Like with jewelry. They usually don't add enough to the outfit to matter. I find it funny that in real life ladies are crazy about handbags but in CampusLife, purses are often completely ignored. LOL!

So, yea. I wish the game were robust like it once was. And I'm sick of glitchy clothes, glitchy quests, etc. But the game is what it is. I'll put the time and energy into it that makes me happy. Nothing more / nothing less. :-)

Honestly, I'll miss coming to this forum and chatting more than I will the game when it's done. This used to be a really fun diversion when the various threads were active.
    Last edited by RM7; 06-28-17 at 11:30 AM.

Robyn Audrey thanks for modeling the quest items. I like the mask you used better than the quest mask. Do you know the name? Because I hope I have it so I can copy your styling of the items. I am not sure I ever met someone named Robyn besides you though I have known some people named Robin.

Prep Quests I like having 3 days of quests. I just like having quests because it feels like a holiday even if I do not buy them. I like 1 step quests because I can better pick & choose what I want vs 2 step quests. Because they are more affordable the items seem more popular in FS/ WWE vs 2 step prep quest items. I usually choose less common FS entries so it is a little disappointing for me but hopefully it is good for PG/ CL.
    Enjoying Campus Life since Sept. 2012! *Hope more people keep playing CL & other PG games*

Zookeeper
    I saw the red gown in FS. It's really pretty!

Opera Around the World 2

Name:  Quest 6.29.17.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  81.5 KB

Name:  Items 6.29.17.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  54.7 KB

Gown, Hat, Earrings
    Name:  Items Modeled 6.29.17.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  86.1 KB
    Last edited by Imani; 06-29-17 at 12:12 PM.
    Enjoying Campus Life since Sept. 2012! *Hope more people keep playing CL & other PG games*

Jesse/ PG I love the Haunted Gala theme!!!

FS I'm seeing Gothic and ghostly entries. I'm creating ghosts myself. Fun! I just wish the theme was going to last longer.

Quest the gown is cute & seems like it can work for fantasy, historical, & opera. The hat is cute with the right hairstyle. My leader could not pull it off but this model is rocking it. The earrings are cute though probably too big to tailor & hide.
    Last edited by Imani; 06-29-17 at 12:15 PM.

Opera Around the World 3

Name:  Quest 6.30.17.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  80.6 KB

Name:  Items 6.30.17.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  52.1 KB

Necklace, Gown, & Shoes
    Name:  Items Modeled 6.30.17.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  87.8 KB
    Last edited by Imani; 06-30-17 at 05:21 AM.

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    What do you think ladies, space opera outfit? Fairy opera? Evil opera? Fantasy opera? A day at the bakery opera? Hehe ok had to put that one in. How many of you cringed lol?

Good luck in the event.

Today's green gown is gorgeous!

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Today's gown is indeed gorgeous! I completed the quest absolutely for this gem.

Also, please note the step 1 white dress from Monday's cash quest has been made available in the shop to purchase for 1 dollar. It is available for 5 days.

Thank you, PG.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  138.0 KB

Vogue One thanks so much for letting us know that the cash gown is in the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Imani View Post
    Jesse/ PG I love the Haunted Gala theme!!!

FS I'm seeing Gothic and ghostly entries. I'm creating ghosts myself. Fun! I just wish the theme was going to last longer.

Quest the gown is cute & seems like it can work for fantasy, historical, & opera. The hat is cute with the right hairstyle. My leader could not pull it off but this model is rocking it. The earrings are cute though probably too big to tailor & hide.
    So agree with you, Imani..wish PG would do a goth/haunted gala WE soon, I know it's usually reserved for Halloween, but I'd love to see a "dark" theme for a change....rather bored with all this sparkly bright WE's Maybe cuz my son was a serious goth and he always looked so fab...now he's older and married with sensible attire...I don't think he liked the fact I thought he looked terrific, as I'm an "oldie" as he dyed his hair, wore makeup and the most fantastic gear...enough of that, still wishing for a dark WE...
    "You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough"

Mae West (original sex goddess)

MBG is stunning!

I've always thought of Chinese Opera during Opera WE, so I am suuuuper happy to finally get some real Chinese Opera clothing. PG nailed everything almost perfectly! From the makeup (could be more dramatic) to the headdress, the gown and flags! Awesome!
    FS: ⓍⒶⓃ

WOW! This MBG is very different, as are her clothes, and she's got the remarkable eyebrows as well I love her!
    CL id: Kadiatu

Imani the mask is called Red Bejeweled Half Mask

Indeed the MBG is amazing! Thanks PG. And I recruited her with ZERO duds.

MBG in FS - Coutesy of Stylista

Name:  IMG_7302.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  99.2 KB

Robyn Audrey thanks

Page 160 of 190 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170 ... LastLast