Page 165 of 167 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167 LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,125 of 4165

Thread: Let's discuss LTQs here VII

Golf items --- very cute. Modeled.

Not awkward at all on my opinion. Rather refreshing for me, personally, from the multitudes of frilly, flowery types of stuff. Would have liked more -- a nice golf hat to coordinate, maybe some clubs that would have been carried... Great quest.

Only problem is the sock/shoe area on the blue/red outfit. Shoes glitch very badly in closet.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  122.9 KB
    "I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it is for or against." -- Malcolm X

Wow, today's quest is a lot of fun and the items are cheerful Certainly like it.

Just had a big d'oh moment. I'm running short of points for queen, and thought: I could add another girl for 5D or double the judges bonus. yes, the second one gives less overall points, but I still felt like doing that. My opposite now decided to do the same, presumably because she wasn't first anymore. Ugh.. events are about points, not winning.
    CL id: Kadiatu

Zookeeper
    Vogue.One - Great styling!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yirara View Post
    Wow, today's quest is a lot of fun and the items are cheerful Certainly like it.

Just had a big d'oh moment. I'm running short of points for queen, and thought: I could add another girl for 5D or double the judges bonus. yes, the second one gives less overall points, but I still felt like doing that. My opposite now decided to do the same, presumably because she wasn't first anymore. Ugh.. events are about points, not winning.
    Events are about points if you are most concerned about rank. (Which is my priority) But if you care about your outfit and want to compete to see if yours is considered best then it's about winning the round. (Which I can certainly understand.)

Also, even though I focus on rank so I never proactively choose to double points as a strategy, I have to admit, I do get irritated when someone doubles points. I know it's a very valid strategy. But, I always think "Grrr! Enter another girl. You'll get more points that way. Just compete with me on what you entered." So, I will sometimes (not usually - but on the very rare occasion) double mine to get us back on a level playing field.

All of this psychological effort is probably too much for a light hearted game. But I wanted to share perspective. :-)

Hope you make it to Queen! I'm not actively going after anything this WWE. The blue and yellow is already on overload for me. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by RM7 View Post
    Vogue.One - Great styling!!!

Events are about points if you are most concerned about rank. (Which is my priority) But if you care about your outfit and want to compete to see if yours is considered best then it's about winning the round. (Which I can certainly understand.)

Also, even though I focus on rank so I never proactively choose to double points as a strategy, I have to admit, I do get irritated when someone doubles points. I know it's a very valid strategy. But, I always think "Grrr! Enter another girl. You'll get more points that way. Just compete with me on what you entered." So, I will sometimes (not usually - but on the very rare occasion) double mine to get us back on a level playing field.

All of this psychological effort is probably too much for a light hearted game. But I wanted to share perspective. :-)

Hope you make it to Queen! I'm not actively going after anything this WWE. The blue and yellow is already on overload for me. LOL!
    Hmm.. makes sense.

I must admit that this event is actually quite fun. Lots of whacky outfits, some really nice ones that don't include gowns, and a few nice gowns. Not bad actually.

Zookeeper
    Quote Originally Posted by yirara View Post
    Hmm.. makes sense.

I must admit that this event is actually quite fun. Lots of whacky outfits, some really nice ones that don't include gowns, and a few nice gowns. Not bad actually.
    I agree with you from that perspective. I was surprised that it wasn't just blue or yellow fairies. In fact I saw very few. There was a lot of creativity. I just got very tired of the colors.

I finished at duchess which was more than adequate given how lackluster I was in prepping or playing. Out of 4 keys I got one item but it allowed me to recruit a girl. She desperately needs new hair so I'm hoping we get something great soon from Yv.

Next up with the WWE is fairy tale. lol! Ok.:-/

I'm praying that there will be continued creativity and that princesses, villains, forest animals, soldiers, townspeople and every other type of fairy tale character make appearances. I need to think about how I can push the envelope and still win. I'm betting (hoping) the prize with be adorable.

Buy 3, Get 1!

Name:  IMG_5609.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  70.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_5610.JPG
Views: 381
Size:  65.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_5611.JPG
Views: 387
Size:  45.1 KBName:  IMG_5613.JPG
Views: 390
Size:  41.9 KB

Zookeeper
    RobynAudrey - thanks for the spoilers! The final gown is very pretty but it seems like it's not as detailed as it should be. Is this just me or does anyone else think this too?

Quote Originally Posted by RM7 View Post
    RobynAudrey - thanks for the spoilers! The final gown is very pretty but it seems like it's not as detailed as it should be. Is this just me or does anyone else think this too?
    I think you are right, I would have loved the design when the details were not so blurry.
    Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game.

And I do love the next WWE: fairy tales, yeah.

That reminds me how much fun I had making the riddles .
    And here is the one that was "fairy tale" related:
    https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...l=1#post590792

Past "Fairy Tales" threads:
    https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...Fairy-tale-WWE
    Also more threads on posting 7: Posting from Tacos
    Last edited by Dutchie; 07-19-17 at 04:41 AM.

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Fairies yay!!

Who is looking forward to this one?

I am in hospital all next week, so hoping I am well enough to create some majestic fairies. Otherwise will look at my fantastical creations for some help.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Fairytale WWE I really enjoy fantasy & fairytale themes. I wish voters had more appreciation for a fairy with a dress vs a gown. I love gowns but I like some of the cute dresses & skirts too. Though the nice thing about having multiple games is I can go for the queen gown in a game & play around with fun entries in the other even if voters don't like my designs. In the last event I entered a purple gown just because I liked it & I did not want to enter blue or yellow that round.

DA hope all goes well.

Robyn Audrey thanks for spoilers of the reward ballerina dress & the coral gown.

Dutchie thanks for the recent spoilers.

Barcbar aw your MBG makeover is cute.

Vogue One thanks for modeling the golf items though you brought up a good point we do not really have an actual golf hat but you dida nice job working with the items we do have.
    Last edited by Imani; 07-19-17 at 12:12 PM.
    Enjoying Campus Life since Sept. 2012! *Hope more people keep playing CL & other PG games*

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    Fairies yay!!

I am in hospital all next week, so hoping I am well enough to create some majestic fairies. Otherwise will look at my fantastical creations for some help.

Best wishes, darkangel...
    "But, time will tell, of stars that fell
    A million years ago.
    Memories can never take you back, home, sweet home.
    You can never go home anymore."

DA, hoping all goes well for you next week. Will be sending positive thoughts across the pond.

Today's boutique quest: quick modeling to aid in decision-making. Jumped in -- purchased the first item, purple sleeves (shown), and the last, a rose couture hat (also shown). Final dress is amazing. Gorgeous detail! Now that is the PG quality I know! Didn't take shots of closet items because I'm horrible with cropping and that, so I can remove this if desired should spoilers be posted.

Views: 318
Size:  127.5 KB
    "I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it is for or against." -- Malcolm X

Vogue One thanks for modeling the items. The thumbnails did not do them justice. I love how you styled them. I usually do not like the opera hair but the way you styled it I actually like it.
    Enjoying Campus Life since Sept. 2012! *Hope more people keep playing CL & other PG games*

Summer Music Festival !

Sorry for quick spoiler, I do not have much time.
    Looove the first reward.

Views: 255
Size:  84.2 KB

Views: 264
Size:  83.4 KB

Views: 271
Size:  106.2 KB

Views: 266
Size:  101.2 KB

Views: 264
Size:  131.2 KB

Thanks RM7 and Imani for kind words re. my styling.

Thanks, too, to Robyn and Dutchie for spoilers and modeling.

I love the first items in today's quest and, like you Dutchie, I adore the first step reward. I haven't done step 2... not sure if I will.

The ONLY problem with the first step reward is that it doesn't work with belts. I have a few that would look awesome with the ensemble I created... But NO. PG is LAZY!

COME ON, PG. FIX THIS. Along with the socks in the golf outfit -- pretty much can't wear that thing because of your lack of attention -- and also that dusty rose gown we had recently which cannot be worn with either a necklace or bracelet, or both.

MBG Dollie

Name:  Quest Items 7.22.17.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  82.6 KB
    Last edited by Imani; 07-22-17 at 11:23 AM.

Other Styling Options for the MBG Items

I think the MBG is cute, but I thought her items needed styled differently...

Name:  MBG Items Modeled 7.22.17.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  76.5 KB
    Last week's MBG, Today's Dress....... Today's MBG, Purse, & Hat....... Hat.

I struggled to style the socks & shoes since in the game I think the heels are easier to work with.
    Last edited by Imani; 07-22-17 at 11:07 AM.

Thanks for posting all of this, Imani! I really like your styling on the girl in the middle.

I got the hat in my free box and think I'm just going to hold there. I did end up recruiting the MBG last week to get the jean jacket -- yep -- threw down 60 diamonds when she announced her departure to recruit her in -- for a jean jacket! But I wasn't keen on her looks. The MBG for this week... not keen again as it's almost the same features: identical eyes, skin tone and nose... and ancient hair. Just small lips. I love the bonus pink hat but unfortunately that will not be coming soon to my closet.

I'm beginning to think PG is discriminatory towards the dark eyed/big lips girls on darker skin tones...

I'll repeat my MBG request, PG: a skin tone 5 girl with dark eyes, big lips the color of purple on the game's opening screen and a hair we have not had before. Haven't had any of that in ages.

Zookeeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Vogue.One View Post
    Thanks for posting all of this, Imani! I really like your styling on the girl in the middle.

I got the hat in my free box and think I'm just going to hold there. I did end up recruiting the MBG last week to get the jean jacket -- yep -- threw down 60 diamonds when she announced her departure to recruit her in -- for a jean jacket! But I wasn't keen on her looks. The MBG for this week... not keen again as it's almost the same features: identical eyes, skin tone and nose... and ancient hair. Just small lips. I love the bonus pink hat but unfortunately that will not be coming soon to my closet.

I'm beginning to think PG is discriminatory towards the dark eyed/big lips girls on darker skin tones...

I'll repeat my MBG request, PG: a skin tone 5 girl with dark eyes, big lips the color of purple on the game's opening screen and a hair we have not had before. Haven't had any of that in ages.
    I also got the hat - which I think is the best items - on my free box. For giggles I opened a second box and got socks. Oh well.

I'm passing on this girl for the reasons Vogue.One stated above - the features are the thin lips which we get constantly and aren't my favorite. And too often girls with these features look like they're sniffing something. Not attractive. I'm also passing because the clothes are meh.

PG - please give us darker toned girls with fuller lips and big or slanted eyed.

Zookeeper
    Dutchie and Imani thank you for spoilers! You are MUCH appreciated!!!

I passed on the summer music festival. I used a lot of diamonds on the boutique quest because I couldn't find anything to buy in the boutique. :-(

Zookeeper
    Duplicate

Zookeeper
    Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    Fairies yay!!

I hope all goes well and you feel better soon!

Rose/Petal Event: Designer Spillover
    Chic Category Only Has Designer Items

Quote Originally Posted by Imani View Post
    MBG Dollie

Name:  Quest Items 7.22.17.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  82.6 KB
    Is there a reason her name rhymes with Mollie? I'll recruit her when she leaves. Anyway, more variation in eyes wouldbe great. We've been getting the same eyes for weeks now.

Don't think I'll do today's quest but Dollie might get this hair when she leaves.

Page 165 of 167 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167 LastLast