Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Animal Crackers

Cool Animal Crackers

I know there are many animal lovers in the Forum. I thought it would be nice to have a place to post our pictures and stories...anything goes, of course.

I've had some great dogs over the years...a Golden Retriever, two Irish Setters, some mixed breeds...One of the best dogs I ever had was an Australian Shepherd/Chow mix named Orbit.

Some of you may remember Orbit. I mentioned her some time ago when she was on her way out and you were all so kind and supportive during a very sad time for me. I thank you again, it meant a great deal to me. I said goodbye to her around this time last year. She was 15 and lived a long, healthy, and happy life. She was a big girl. I think her favorite thing in the world was "eating"...yes, I had to take out a bank loan just to keep her in treats...lol. But she carried herself with a certain canine grace. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3MpQXmiuHA&sns=em

Here's to you girl...

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  29.6 KB

Intrepid Explorer
    Salmo

Great thread, let's hope it doesn't get overlooked up here in the wilderness part of the forum.

Orbit did look like a lion. How did you choose the name Orbit for her?

Since we don't have a pet of our own I might just have to post one of my granddog Sandy. We dog sit him on occasion when his family goes out of town. He jumps up on our bed and sleeps with us just like he does with them.

Pippy, it's time for us to see Doggie Doo again.

a shepherd/chow mix, wow! great photo

i've never owned a dog. or a cat. or anything really. my mom kept fish, which i occasionally glanced at :P

but i am interested in getting a hedgehog... <3
    STILL WAITING FOR SOME COS GROVE
    v2.97-446,0; HPZM7RJFRG; iPad2 15GB iOS 8.1.1 (12B435); lv116
    my SP hang-ups: sticky power-ups, 'lost progress' crashes, limitless ore
    wishlist: trading shelf in cos / epoch, ability to pause a craft

Our lifestyle is a big no for pets at this time of our lives but we have had both cats and dogs. Nermal was the last cat and lived to the ripe old age of 18, we miss him still. A prize to the winner who knows where the name originated.
    The nearest we get to pets now is cat sitting for our daughters three cats. The funniest story was us asleep in their bed with cats prowling as is the norm. The heaviest and biggest decides to lauch himself off the windowsill and onto the bed. Right in the way of the landing point is himself. Cat lands squarely in the middle of HS's tummy. Himself, gasps, yells and lashes out, cat screeches and does that jump on all fours thing that cats do and runs all round the house looking for an escape. His brother senses the drama and joins in. As you can imagine I am laid there in stitches. I restrain HS from doing the cat permanent damage and we all eventually calm down but the memory remains.

Sal. You wait a long time but then the gems come fast and furious.
    Last edited by Spanish eyes; 06-14-16 at 11:55 AM.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Intrepid Explorer
    SE

The only Nermal I can recall is from the Garfield comic strip. He is a cute little kitten that Garfield is jealous of.

This is Oliver. He is named after Oliver Twist. He was a street kitten that I adopted , and when I brought him home, there just never seemed to be enough food in the bowl for him. "May I have some more, sir?" is what he always seemed to be saying, and thus, Oliver! He now has eaten so much over the course of the ten years that we've had him that he looks like a barrel with legs!

Views: 513
Size:  82.5 KB

[COLOR="silver"]- - - Updated - - -[/

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry he's so gigantic!!!
    Last edited by Mrsflobob; 06-14-16 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Double post
    iPad Air 2
    Gamecenter ID: wildflourgirl

Longtime Tapper
    Oh Oliver's gigantic pic suits him then

Here's one for jumajuma ...

Views: 503
Size:  111.5 KB

Sal, Orbit is gorgeous, just love that face.
    Last edited by Pippy; 06-14-16 at 01:37 PM.

How cute, Pippy!

Salmo, I LOVE your lion dog!
    iPad Air 2

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber gamer View Post
    Salmo

Great thread, let's hope it doesn't get overlooked up here in the wilderness part of the forum.

Orbit did look like a lion. How did you choose the name Orbit for her?

Since we don't have a pet of our own I might just have to post one of my granddog Sandy. We dog sit him on occasion when his family goes out of town. He jumps up on our bed and sleeps with us just like he does with them.

Pippy, it's time for us to see Doggie Doo again.
    Cyber...when Orbit was a puppy, she was always in motion, running around in circles...often knocking me off my feet. I thought the name suited her. My current dog is named "Jack"( I'll post his pic and story a little later)....

jj...I was pleased with that photo. I shot it with my Nikon, then imported it via the Apple camera connection kit to my iPad. The original image is a little crisper...

Mrsflobob, love the photo. Sounds like Oliver has it made in the shade.

Thanks, SE...I don't plan on going wild with the screenshots, but it is nice to finally be able to post them if the mood strikes...

Pips...Wow!
    Last edited by salmo23; 06-14-16 at 09:43 PM.

SE

The only Nermal I can recall is from the Garfield comic strip. He is a cute little kitten that Garfield is jealous of.
    go to the top of the class and have a biscuit. We had this cute little kitten that was black and white and who turned into a very small cute cat.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Pippy View Post
    Here's one for jumajuma ...

Views: 503
Size:  111.5 KB
    bawwww what an adorable photo w/even a hedgehog twist! thanks, pippy
    STILL WAITING FOR SOME COS GROVE
    v2.97-446,0; HPZM7RJFRG; iPad2 15GB iOS 8.1.1 (12B435); lv116
    my SP hang-ups: sticky power-ups, 'lost progress' crashes, limitless ore
    wishlist: trading shelf in cos / epoch, ability to pause a craft

Longtime Tapper
    Last edited by PvilleCA; 12-09-16 at 03:21 AM.

Longtime Tapper
    Last edited by PvilleCA; 12-09-16 at 03:22 AM.

Pville, The one on the left looks like my daughter's cat, Felix. He is not named after the cartoon because she didn't know about the cartoon. She says he just looked like a Felix. Best thing about that cat is he catches the mice. We have had lots of cats and dogs over the years.
    Level 117 just in time.

Pville , speaking of "names "...the cat in the background of your photo looks just like a cat I had a long time ago. The movie "The Graduate" had just been released. We named her "Mrs. Robinson "...
    Last edited by salmo23; 06-15-16 at 05:48 AM.

Longtime Tapper
    Last edited by PvilleCA; 06-22-17 at 11:43 AM.

Loved the Marion Lorne cameo in the film...

She'll always be Aunt Clara of "Bewitched" to me though...

Intrepid Explorer
    When I look into the eyes of Mrsflobob's cat, I can almost imagine that he can see me right through the iPad screen.

Pippy's doggie looks pampered doesn't he? How cute that he has a hedgehog chew toy.

When I look into the eyes of Mrsflobob's cat, I can almost imagine that he can see me right through the iPad screen.

Pippy's doggie looks pampered doesn't he? How cute that he has a hedgehog chew toy.
    I thought I could see Flobob's reflection in his eyes.

Longtime Tapper
    Pville, great pic, I'm amazed you can get a photo of three cats sitting calmly together. I love the names people give their pets. Diggy Doo got his name because our previous dog was Benji Boo, named by young children, when we brought the next puppy home (Diggy) he started digging the garden.

I had a cat called Katy - because I called her Catty for a month and then decided it was too common She was white with black and brown patches. Her ears were white and when she was 14 she had to have the ends of her ears removed due to sun damage (yes we do get some sun here). My vet was from South Africa and told me this was quite common. Blue, is this true? Anyway, she lived quite happily for another 6 years, I just had to remember the sun cream for about 2 weeks a year!

Cyber, shhh I get in so much trouble for pampering the pooch!
    Apart from hedgehog Diggy also has penguin, big ted, duck, snowman, Mr tickle, Mr strong and reindeer. He carries them around and always rushes to pick one up to greet you, even if you've only been in the loo for a minute. I taught him the names and hide them around the house and tell him which one to go find.
    Last edited by Pippy; 06-15-16 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Double and it's already way too long!

Pippy, it is true. The cats with white ears are prone to get skin cancer on the tips. I am always glad that my whitish cats have colored ears. I have had many over the years. There are pictures of my current seven on another thread.

I also have two dogs. One is a very aged Rhodesian Ridgeback cross and the other one is a township special. He has had a few toys, but he chews off the protruding parts. He even thought at one time any new toy in the house is his.

https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...l=1#post580251
    Last edited by BlueBlou; 06-15-16 at 10:30 PM.

Longtime Tapper
    Last edited by PvilleCA; 12-09-16 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by salmo23 View Post
    I thought I could see Flobob's reflection in his eyes.
    Yep, that's me!
    iPad Air 2

And he's saying, "go to the cabinet and get me some cat treats!"
    iPad Air 2

Mrsflobob and Pippy, you both take great photos. I just now remembered the one of Diggy Doo? Jumping over a log.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast