Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Community Quest Thread!

@yirara - I want to say yes, but please be mindful of the content in the images. If you have an idea and aren't certain you can PM me with some links so I can take a quick look at it first.

What I would like to see is one thing I guess, but of course clothes need to appeal to a larger group of people while we are just a few here. I guess I'm not the typical fashion victim anyway as I'm happy with simple cargopants or other wide cotton pants and shirts
    CL id: Kadiatu

I'm gonna try my luck.

Name:  tumblr_inline_o6lp2sXNiv1tslwzc_1280.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  86.7 KB

You think it's some normal ballgown... wrong!

FS: ⓍⒶⓃ

Post #1
    Seeing as we are all playing a video game already, I thought it would be fun to have a quest about video games.

For anyone familiar with the Valve's Steam video gaming platform and video games, the joke is that Valve never releases a game with the number 3 in its title (AKA, no Half-Life 3, no Portal 3, no Team Fortress 3). I think a quest poking fun at that would be hilarious.

For instance, a quest surrounding the release of the long awaited "Fashion-Life" 3/ "Team Fashion" 3. To get ready for the game's release, the girls decide to load up on items from their favorite recurring characters.

The fashion items don't actually have to be from any one game.

Consider the Victorian era type dress and school uniform of Elizabeth from Bioshock. Also her hairdo's!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  15.5 KB

Views: 217
Size:  15.9 KB

From Life is strange, Chloe's open jacket, necklace and her beanie.
Views: 219
Size:  8.2 KB

The zippered hoodie with Black Mesa t-shirt underneath worn by Alyx Vance of Half-life 2. Also her hairband, necklace, and hand gloves are awesome!

Views: 220
Size:  6.6 KB

A fun head crab hat would be awesome!
Views: 207
Size:  16.9 KB

The coverall set and cool boots worn by Chell in Portal 1 & 2.
Views: 209
Size:  5.5 KB

Views: 217
Size:  7.6 KB

"Furniture" objects could include things like Portal's Companion cube, turret, and infamous cake.

Views: 212
Size:  20.4 KB

Views: 206
Size:  16.7 KB

Carolyn's (from Portal) shift dress with scarf

Size:  6.1 KB

Post #3

Scout's Mom's hairstyle with headband, and dress from Team Fortress 2 (AKA TF2).

Views: 216
Size:  7.9 KB

TF2's FemScout's cap with bow and matching ponytail.

Views: 200
Size:  9.0 KB

TF2's Miss Pauling's dress.

Views: 211
Size:  9.0 KB

TF2's Femspy's coatdress, headscarf, and gloves

Views: 213
Size:  7.3 KB

Femgie's (from TF2) overall dress with undershirt. And, her hair with bandana.

Views: 210
Size:  7.5 KB

Post #4

Rochelle's (from Left 4 Dead 2) hair.

Views: 220
Size:  8.7 KB

Half-Life one's female scientist white overcoat (so we can pair it over other clothes) and hairstyle.
    (Please note that Campus Life already has this hairstyle, but with a veil. If the veil is removed the hairstyle will be perfect under many hats).
Size:  6.6 KB Name:  image.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  8.8 KB Name:  image.jpg
Size:  6.0 KB

Fallout Vault 111 suit with Pip Boy Bracelet

Views: 215
Size:  18.2 KB

Last but not least, I think the suspenders outfit worn by Misty in the original Pokemon series is super cute!

Views: 204
Size:  6.9 KB

I think it would be super funny to end the quest with the characters mad that it was all a hoax and that "Fashion-Life 3" or "Team Fashion 3" did not come out after all. Lol

The majority of these suggestions are really just tweaking some items and hairstyles that we already have.
    Jesse and PG, if you want me to go through specific examples to help, I'd be glad too.

I love the ideas from Pink Lady, even though I don't know what she's talking about. But some more ideas... I'd really love to see some female elf/ranger film/computer game clothes. One idea would be long, flowing, yet not reveiling dresses similar to the elven in Lord of the Rings.
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=elven+lord+of+the+rings&biw=1366&bih=644& source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwjaoe-YxKzNAhVYF8AKHdhoDa8Q_AUIBigB

And certainly drow! I want dark elves! And I could imagine that some of our dark fans might like this idea.
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...13.GOP1cj-03Uc

Female rangers:
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...=female+ranger

Oh, and everyone mildly interested in role playing games should have a look at YAFGC
    Ariadne is my favourite character.

Owl Wizard
    Is it possible to have gloves? Since we don't have any, it could be an item of clothing that poses technical problems to create.

I attended a graduation at a small, private high school, where required attire for graduating seniors is based on the traditions of the school (somewhat odd compared to any other graduation I've seen), but the girls essentially wore wedding gowns and long white gloves. (I've attached a photo from a few years back, but blanked out the faces and removed the school name so as not to invade anyones privacy)
    Name:  oldclassphoto.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  90.6 KB

I was thinking that it could be fun to include gloves for a lot of looks.
    There are the "practical" uses (winter gloves and mittens, gardening gloves, riding gloves, etc)
    Various retro looks incorporate gloves (when I was younger, getting dressed up to go the city meant wearing white gloves in addition to a dress, etc), but glove styles go back much further than that.
    And, there are various fashion/arts looks that are more current (Michael Jackson's glove, various versions of fingerless gloves, etc)

Oh gosh... sometimes there are photos I see or words I hear where I just know they will turn into a nightmare one day. Seeing all the girls in bridal gowns and no face certainly is one of them

Please PG, no face makeup that removes the face! O.o

I would like it if we had a coverup like the one in today's quest that could layer over any swimsuit.

Views: 199
Size:  9.7 KB

LIMom - I believe Nic or some other staff member said they can do the sleeves but not an actual glove due to technical limitations unless that has changed. do we have white sleeves that look like these formal type gloves? I know I have lacey white ones and striped black and white ones but I cannot recall if there is something like this :?

Nai that dress is amazing.

Anu I love the Indian outfits.

apripugg I like the black top, hat, and shorts ensemble you posted.

barcbar I love that makeup you posted
    Enjoying Campus Life since Sept. 2012! *Hope more people keep playing CL & other PG games*

Jesse/PG

More Indian Clothing, hair styles, henna tattoos, & jewelry

Dark Angel's Indian Outfits - I figured it is better to link to her awesome thread than to repost it. I like her idea of using Indian names. I am not interested in more shoes or purses. I prefer high style point Indian jewelry.

Nai's Sari post - there are several of us that would like to see some Indian ensembles

Hijabs/ Shaylas (not my fav but best I could find right now.)

If you cannot do entirely new Indian outfits due to there not being enough demand an alternative might be to use some recolors. I would love...
    *recolors of the emerald head jewelry - all gold, all silver, purple gems, red gems, blue gems, etc.
    * edited version of the elegant spring cuffs where it would just be on the one arm that does not have the saree sleeve.
    * recolor of the green bangles (red, purple, silver, gold)
    * recolor of the red sari (new color?)

Last edited by Imani; 06-16-16 at 08:38 PM.
    Enjoying Campus Life since Sept. 2012! *Hope more people keep playing CL & other PG games*

Subtle jewelry

Dusters/ duster jackets

Color & sparkle (purple & blue)

Pants made more feminine by a "skirt"

the trick with this though is to keep the pants thin so it keeps a light feminine look
    Last edited by Imani; 06-16-16 at 09:29 PM.

I can't find the right name for this but ribbons. Not bows and the likes but soft, somewhat romantic thin wraps. Like in the bikini top from the Tropic Prep 1 dress: It's got strands of fabric below the bikini that go towards the back
    https://forums.pocketgems.com/attach...8&d=1466065253

You could also think of summer shoes/boots with those strands of fabric, further tops, thighs, maybe even shorts or skirts.

We have a blue net top with a yellow bikini top and some ribbons underneath, and those pink wrap around thighs, but I'm looking for something more romantic, not a tough girl look.
    Last edited by yirara; 06-17-16 at 03:40 AM.

I did a search on Arabic female fashion (what Arabian females wear at parties) but could not find any decent examples. Shame. It's certainly long dresses, very bling, and very overdone.

But my love for 'ethinic' fashion brought me to those, which I really love

Great clothing and headscarf
    http://images.fibre2fashion.com/arti...s/image001.jpg

Great henna tattoes, hair and headscarf! And there's more good stuff on that blog.
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/--7vacWEJSF...shion-2012.png

Might not get much love, but I love the whole ensemble:
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...3610616%29.jpg

great headdress and makeup and hair
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...790c3ca578.jpg

I refused to get a pinterest account, but there seems to be a lot of great stuff here:
    https://www.pinterest.com/defugally/...-and-clothing/

Again on pinterest, but it looks great:
    https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...act=mrc&uact=8

Great examples of jewelery, lovely fabrics and veils!
    https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...act=mrc&uact=8

Owl Wizard
    LOL!! So sorry, yirara! I tried to do it as more of an out of focus smudge, but it didn't work (although I did avoid the white cut out faces.) I was hoping that they'd be small enough that it wouldn't matter that much.
    I had initially uploaded the unedited photo, too, and even though I detached it it's still there. :::::going to figure out how to remove it::::::

Quote Originally Posted by Tangles View Post
    I would like it if we had a coverup like the one in today's quest that could layer over any swimsuit.

Size:  9.7 KB
    Yes, absolutely! Anyone remember this pink bikini poncho from last year that we could wear over swimwear? Something like this, but a bit more sexy, like your example photo!

I already mentioned it in my dark elf suggestion, but if we get fantasy/princess/fairy themes I would like to see more 'dark' options and not only sparkly, happy, colourful
    Last edited by yirara; 06-17-16 at 08:02 AM.

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Just want to remind you all it will be one quest.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

I was thinking they could still probably use ideas & inspiration for future quests since the game is almost 4 years old plus we do not know what ideas they may want to use

Romanian Singer Inna has Amazing Fashions Here Are Just a Few Examples

The top is more visibile & beautiful in her music video: Heaven

From her video Yalla

With Alexandra Stan From Their Video We Wanna

Black hats and leather, velvet, fur items.

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  84.9 KB
    Name:  6.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  86.7 KB

Feather and fur

Name:  13.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  85.2 KB

Fur coat in this color is beautiful

Name:  Fur Top.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  67.7 KB

Scarf and cape

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  118.0 KB

Dresses

Name:  11.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  89.8 KB

Beautiful Indian dress

Name:  12.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  113.5 KB

Wow! Nai, that's beautiful!

love both entire outfits

Name:  9.jpg
Size:  90.4 KB

full length wings, please

Name:  Wing.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  96.7 KB

any of this black veil i will buy for any price, preferably the ones that cover face actually. Oh and ones that extend to the floor would be gorg

Name:  Black Veil.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  92.0 KB

some masks

Name:  Mask.jpg
Size:  129.9 KB

coffin bag. I couldn't find a pic of what I have in mind, I want a human sized one, like a real coffin. We could call it a coffin guitar/zither case or something if it's too taboo for some people.

Name:  Coffin Bag.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  38.0 KB

face jewelry is awesome. must be made properly to fit majority hairstyles tho

Name:  Face Jewelry.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  94.0 KB

face stickers

Name:  Face Sticker.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  109.3 KB

Ok...... that's all. I actually have tons more but I won't flood this thread. It's almost deadline too. Love everyone's suggestions actually and this would be really exciting.

Jesse, when will you tell us which items are the selected ones? Or will that be a surprise? I figure it would be really fun and community-like if... the suggester gets to preview and you know, help out I guess.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast