Thread: Dead

Thumbs up Dead

Pocket Gems forums are so dead these days. Off topic, and just about every single game sub-forum besides Campus Life and Tap Paradise Cove have no action whatsoever. Is it just me? bc wow tbh, it's dry
    i want oikawa tooru to FICKLE me rlly hard

it is not just you. Just one alteration though, there is plenty of life across at SP.
    Whoops sorry, you said sub-forum life. that is something that came to SP late in life and nobody really took to it except as a place for daily quest information.
    We gave it every try we could but the forumers were not for spending the time in the extra click to go there. Some things gel something flop. That's life.
    Back to quietness I agree that there is less, probably much less life than there used to be. Several possibilities come to mind.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish eyes View Post
    it is not just you. Just one alteration though, there is plenty of life across at SP.
    Whoops sorry, you said sub-forum life. that is something that came to SP late in life and nobody really took to it except as a place for daily quest information.
    We gave it every try we could but the forumers were not for spending the time in the extra click to go there. Some things gel something flop. That's life.
    Back to quietness I agree that there is less, probably much less life than there used to be. Several possibilities come to mind.
    I know there are many players in the actual PG games, but the forums are not really known, so i hope PG advertises the forums somehow to get new to people to come. I'm from the CL/RL (until it became dry af) side and there used to be so many active people, i posted a lot and made it to 1,000 in less than a year. Now I just lurk and say 2 word replies because, there's not that much to say.

Good thing it's not only me lol k

True, SE. There is "life across at SP" in the sense that there is still active posting occurring day in, day out. But is it 'lively'? To some, I suppose...to others, not so much.

@anime...I believe PG did insert some notification about checking out the forum in the Hidden Agendas game. But no forum heads up in Secret Passages or other games that I know of. Seems to me it would be fairly simple to insert a pop up to let people know. We get them frequently for in-app purchases and special sales. New people with fresh and different perspectives can breathe life into a forum that goes stale at times.
    Last edited by salmo23; 04-12-16 at 06:47 AM.

stale is a good word

GC: harry__pug
    FS: *~April~*
    Feel free to add me!

We love fresh people. I can eat two at a time because they are so tasty.

sorry just some more of my silliness.

Sal, I have told you before we have to stop meeting like this, people will talk and have you noticed Soon is prowling in places no other PG person has ever prowled before. I wonder if he is as bored as we are? Hey Soony are you reading this? Joining in?

So we could be the gang of four or the four of fun? We have Ani (I am working on it) Apri (working on that as well) Sal (she wont let me change hers though I have tried) and lill ole Me. SE that is.
    We could agree to meet here once a week and create mischief. Not naughty mischief Soony if you are reading, just gentle 'my grandma could read this sort of mischief'. Left our hair down and sit a while, chew the fat.

Just one thing, No passing this on. People either find us on their own or miss out.
    Last edited by Spanish eyes; 04-13-16 at 04:32 PM.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Leading off on a semi serious note:-
    We all agree stale, dull, uninteresting are forum of today, nothing like the forum of our youth when things were alive and happening. So my first test, trial, whatever, is how many words can you come up with each, no cribbing or repeating, to best discribe forum today? Off you go.
    SMELL THE ROSES.

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    The social side of forum is more in passing (a side effect) compared to the purpose it serves. So there is no sinister reason why forums seem dull or quiet. After all the forums are a source of information, which many just read, use and move on. Which I know they do so there is a lot going under calm waters people.

DA

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

We love fresh people. I can eat two at a time because they are so tasty.

sorry just some more of my silliness.

Sal, I have told you before we have to stop meeting like this, people will talk and have you noticed Soon is prowling in places no other PG person has ever prowled before. I wonder if he is as bored as we are? Hey Soony are you reading this? Joining in?

So we could be the gang of four or the four of fun? We have Ani (I am working on it) Apri (working on that as well) Sal (she wont let me change hers though I have tried) and lill ole Me. SE that is.
    We could agree to meet here once a week and create mischief. Not naughty mischief Soony if you are reading, just gentle 'my grandma could read this sort of mischief'. Left our hair down and sit a while, chew the fat.

Just one thing, No passing this on. People either find us on their own or miss out.
    HaHa...The Secret Society of forum...Love it!

For me, lurking is a labor of love, not boredom.

Hahahaha...I second that emotion, Wilson...

In addition, once chat started in the guilds, many players stopped going to the forum as they are getting their answers and chatter from their guild mates.

But, I try to check in as often as I am able.
    (And, as a grandma, there's not much that bothers me)
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

Quote Originally Posted by PGWilsooon View Post
    For me, lurking is a labor of love, not boredom.

I just wish it was more active..

Quote Originally Posted by anime View Post
    I just wish it was more active..
    so do we but we can keep this little piece as active as we want it to be.
    You do realise you are talking to like minded people. I must apologise for getting back here later than I intended. Sometimes real life gets in the way of Forum life even when I would like it to be different.

Sooni I just knew you were lurking. I didnt realised you loved us though, that was a surprise. Yes, yes, yes I know thats not exactly what you said but dont forget I am a witch and I can read the things you dont write rather than the things you do.

So guys whats new with you? We know Sooni has just had an holiday even though he has had a teeny weeny problem with his memory and forgot to tell us where he went and if he had a good time!
    With me I just got some nice news. My daughter normally flies out every year for her birthday but didnt think she would be able to come this year. Suddenly a week ago we get a message 'what are you doing the weekend after next?' She asks. 'Collecting you from the airport!' we suggest hopefully. 'Thats about it. I will book the flight now.' She says. It is only for three nights but it is a lovely thing to look forward to.
    SMELL THE ROSES.

It is lovely. Mine is flying in for Mother's Day for 4 days.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

I will be spending Mother's Day with my mother. SE, you and I have talked about her some in the Secret Passages forum. And again, I want to thank you for the kind words you've written about her. She will be 95 this August...still living on her own and in her own home, no medications or health issues. Her doctor is amazed at what good shape she's in...for her age. She still plays Scrabble on her iPad.

But her age...time being what it is, well...

Days I can still call or visit her are true blessings.
    Last edited by salmo23; 05-06-16 at 11:39 AM.

Sal
    I love the sound of your Mum. She must be a great lady with a daughter like you. Maybe you can tell her she has a fan over the pond and that I wish I could meet her.
    Daughter left last night, had a lousy journey, plane 1 hour late, fella stuck in traffic going to the airport to collect her, that sort of stuff. I ask you, how can there be traffic problems at midnight on a motorway! We did a have a great three days and will be back in the UK in just under three weeks so I will see them all soon.
    Small person with big heart.
    Did you have fun with your daughter?
    SMELL THE ROSES.